Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tory problem with females?

+11
Red Cat Woman
Redflag
Stox 16
jackthelad
astra
Phil Hornby
Ivan
witchfinder
oftenwrong
tlttf
astradt1
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tory problem with females? - Page 2 Empty Tory problem with females?

Post by astradt1 Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last week the media reported that Camoron seemed to be losing support of female voters and gave examples of why this was so, citing his comment of 'Calm Down' to a female member of the Labour front bench and his 'I know the Lady is frustrated' to one of his own MP's. He was accused of being condicending towards women. Added to this is the effects his government policies are have on women......

Today in PMQ's he was asked about what the government was doing to help women and ended up pointing out the amount of money they were sending to help women overseas...

From this aftenoons debate on the Environment, it would seem that it's not just Camoron who seems to have an attitude towards women as Richard Benyon referred to a member of the opposition as 'Young Lady' rather than the more respectful 'Honorable Member Opposite'

Last edited by astradt1 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Tory problem with females? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tory problem with females?

Post by bobby Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Very good OW

bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Its very noticeable when you look at the type of woman that join the Conservative party, we have of course The almost dead Margaret Thatcher, Ann Widdecomb Mrs Louise (unter) Mensch, Baroness Warsi and Teresa May just to name a few (mind you there’s only ever been a few) If this small list demonstrates the quality of Women drawn to the Conservative party, isn’t it any wonder the Tories have a problem with women..

Hmmm lets look at the opposition, Im sure they have a lovely bunch of ladies? Well there was Harriet Harperson, Hazel Blears, Margaret Beckett, Jacqui Smith and the equally lovely Margaret Moran....All bathed in morality. The type of women you would expect in the Labour party

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Why don't we just let Simon Cowell choose MPs on the basis of pulchritude?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Labour Lead Tories On Women's Interests, According To Ipsos Mori Poll

Labour has opened up a 22-point lead over the Tories on which party is seen as the best to look after the interests of women, new polling has revealed.

Tory support on women's issues slipped among both men and women.

The result follows criticism of Prime Minister David Cameron after the number of full women Cabinet members fell from five to four in the reshuffle - although the number of women attending stayed the same.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/21/labour-conservative-party-womens-issues-ipsos-mori_n_1903751.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Not all that long ago, The Houses of Parliament was described as "The best Gentleman's Club in London". Evidently there is still enough resonance of that perception as to dissuade sensible ladies from seeking ritual humiliation there.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:09 am

oftenwrong wrote:Not all that long ago, The Houses of Parliament was described as "The best Gentleman's Club in London". Evidently there is still enough resonance of that perception as to dissuade sensible ladies from seeking ritual humiliation there.

More so if they are ladies that want to be Tory MPs. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 pm

I'd love to stand as a Labour MP. I'd shake them all up and probably last 5 mins before I was clod out! lol
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Blueturando said: Hmmm lets look at the opposition, Im sure they have a lovely bunch of ladies? Well there was Harriet Harperson, Hazel Blears, Margaret Beckett, Jacqui Smith and the equally lovely Margaret Moran....All bathed in morality. The type of women you would expect in the Labour party

Hello Bluey, Even though the title of this thread is "Tory problem with females? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tory problem with females? " It just wouldn't be you if you did anything other that attempt to throw the question back to Labour, Labour this, Labour that. Assuming there may be a modicum of truth in what you say I personally don’t agree with you), I think the point of the thread relates to the very few women that have even sat on the Tory front benches, giving the impression the Tory male are all Gay ( I was going to say poofs but thought better of it) or the women just don’t measure up.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:45 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Not all that long ago, The Houses of Parliament was described as "The best Gentleman's Club in London". Evidently there is still enough resonance of that perception as to dissuade sensible ladies from seeking ritual humiliation there.

There are two houses of parliament, Lords and Commons, i suppose you could say the House of Lords is for Gentlemen, the House of Commons is for the plebs and the uncouth. I watched Prime Ministers question many a time never saw any gentlemen or gentlewomen, more like uncouth yobs.

Can anyone tell me the difference between a pleb and a serf, which is ranked the highest.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:15 pm

As the news item shows Cameron's problem is now not just with women MP's but also with women voters.

So the question is what will this do to his governments re-election chances?

Many of his policies have hit women hard and are likely to carry on hitting them for a long time........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:54 pm

astradt1 wrote:As the news item shows Cameron's problem is now not just with women MP's but also with women voters.

So the question is what will this do to his governments re-election chances?

Many of his policies have hit women hard and are likely to carry on hitting them for a long time........

The women voters of the UK will hit him where it really hurts making sure he does not get another term, so then he will be known by his party as the "One Term Bullingdon Boy".
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:24 pm

But he has such an open and honest face. How could you not trust him?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:56 am

bobby wrote:Blueturando said: Hmmm lets look at the opposition, Im sure they have a lovely bunch of ladies? Well there was Harriet Harperson, Hazel Blears, Margaret Beckett, Jacqui Smith and the equally lovely Margaret Moran....All bathed in morality. The type of women you would expect in the Labour party

Hello Bluey, Even though the title of this thread is "Tory problem with females? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tory problem with females? " It just wouldn't be you if you did anything other that attempt to throw the question back to Labour, Labour this, Labour that. Assuming there may be a modicum of truth in what you say I personally don’t agree with you), I think the point of the thread relates to the very few women that have even sat on the Tory front benches, giving the impression the Tory male are all Gay ( I was going to say poofs but thought better of it) or the women just don’t measure up.

Bobby its a typical Tory trait, women are only meant to be in the kitchen and having the kids according to the Tory party, they have taken what women have marched for and fought for over many years, he is taking us back too an era where it was still black and white outside ( black and white photos black and white views).

If Scam..er..on and Thomas Cook where to get together they could do a roaring trade in time travel.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Boudica Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:43 pm

I am a teacher and the mother of 2 small boys. I work four days a week, although the amount of planning, marking and admin I do pretty much makes it 5. And I really don't care.

I love my job and adore my children. The husband's pretty cool too.

The problem I have with the current attitude towards women is the way we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

We are pilloried for wanting a career if we have children but have benefits withdrawn if we don't work. The decimation of the public sector has had a more devastating effect on the low-paid women on whose backs it was run, not the men at the top. And God forbid you should take responsibility for your own fertility by seeking out contraception - worse still, taking the devastating decision to have a termination, despite the fact that you are, effectively, reducing the burden on the state by ensuring another unwanted mouth isn't delivered at the door of the nation.

Ah.

Sorry.

You may have touched a nerve, there.
Boudica
Boudica

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:11 am

Boudica wrote:I am a teacher and the mother of 2 small boys. I work four days a week, although the amount of planning, marking and admin I do pretty much makes it 5. And I really don't care.

I love my job and adore my children. The husband's pretty cool too.

The problem I have with the current attitude towards women is the way we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

We are pilloried for wanting a career if we have children but have benefits withdrawn if we don't work. The decimation of the public sector has had a more devastating effect on the low-paid women on whose backs it was run, not the men at the top. And God forbid you should take responsibility for your own fertility by seeking out contraception - worse still, taking the devastating decision to have a termination, despite the fact that you are, effectively, reducing the burden on the state by ensuring another unwanted mouth isn't delivered at the door of the nation.

Ah.

Sorry.

You may have touched a nerve, there.

Do not worry Boudica, it does you good to get things of your chest and to clear the mind, we all know on here what the bloody Tories are doing to the public sector they hate the fact that we all can get together and run a decent society (schools NHS fire brigade and Police). I was always a Labour party voter that is until May 2010 then I joined the Labour party because after 18 years of the Maggot Scotland suffered badly and I'm glad to say we never forgive and never forget, and even today there is only ONE Tory MP from Scotland and only ONE Tory MSP.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:00 am

Red when you say "WE" are you and yours going to foot the bills? Personally I've yet to see any government do other than throw money at failing systems. Finally it's taken a coalition to actually try and drag failing institutions into the 21st century.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:45 am

Land, wot izzit? do you read posts, or just fly over them.

From another thread -

Government figures 'wanted to buy BP oil fields'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-14895693

Prof Kemp said there was evidence in the documents that the benefits of oil to Scotland's economy were "downplayed" to suppress the nationalist movement, which had reached a peak in the 1974 elections.

He said: "Certainly the UK government didn't want to encourage that at all so in any pronouncements the size of the future benefits, like the tax revenues, were certainly not exaggerated."

The book also reveals the UK government's tactics to prevent "disruption payments" for construction of the Sullom Voe terminal being made directly to Shetland Islands Council rather than to the Treasury.

it has all been a big fiddle!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-20067255
"Talisman said the the MonArb Area Redevelopment (Mar) project will lead to the production of a further 100 million barrels of oil.
It involves the existing Montrose, Arbroath, Brechin, Arkwright, Carnoustie and Wood fields."

From - the EU is the Future page 5. Appologies Ivan, if you want this scrubbed, please let me know.
This shows the LIES and deceit from Westminster about the amount, said to be small, and the quality, said to be below par, that was spouted by Heath's government, and carried on by ALL administrations since!

Even the Press/Media (Guardians of the people AND the Truth) have NOT wakened up yet!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:59 am

Great post astra, though what it has to do with females is beyond my simple mind?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:00 pm

you talk about Engirl-land footing the bills!

it is quite clear now that Scotland has more than paid it's way sinc 1974

The gubmint deliberately made the system fail, with a "little" help from brussels
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:05 pm

astra wrote:you talk about Engirl-land footing the bills!

it is quite clear now that Scotland has more than paid it's way sinc 1974

The gubmint deliberately made the system fail, with a "little" help from brussels

The gas and oil is the only reason astra that Scam..er..on does not want to loose Scotland, plus up in the highlands of Scotland there is a good possibility that there are more gas and oil fields, and you are right astra first it was Heath and then the Maggot that used and abused Scotland for its gas and oil money, and that is the point that wee Alec is using to get the Scots to vote yes in the 2014 referendum.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next