Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which political party do you side with?

+3
oftenwrong
boatlady
stuart torr
7 posters

Go down

Which political party do you side with? Empty Which political party do you side with?

Post by Ivan Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:44 pm

Take the test and see what percentage of policies of each of the main parties you agree with. Remember not to just answer each question but to indicate how important the topic is to you.

http://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=q_uk_4t

Some of my scores were: 88% Labour, 75% Liberal Democrats, 74% Green Party, 15% Tories, 9% UKIP.
(I can't really understand why the last two didn't come out as zero!  scratch )
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Which political party do you side with? Empty Re: Which political party do you side with?

Post by stuart torr Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Well let me be the first to answer your post Ivan, as maybe some were too afraid, as I was shocked at the answer to mine.
as according to your quiz I am a torylablablibgreen ukip, it shocked me to say the least that is all I CAN say.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Which political party do you side with? Empty Re: Which political party do you side with?

Post by Ivan Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:14 pm

stu. You have to look at the percentages, which party came out on top? Did you click the box on the left of each question to indicate how important each topic is to you?
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Yes i'm afraid I did Ivan that is the problem afraid that is why I said I would be honest with everybody, maybe others have done the quiz but did not want to put the results up.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:24 pm

No surprise here - I side with Labour on most issues - but with a strong leaning to green and SNP
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:30 pm

Well done boatlady, that is why I was so shocked at my results love, I nearly fell through the floor Sad
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:03 pm

This comprehensive questionnaire fails on its own terms, since it tries to be all things to all men, and presents as a Pick-and-mix sweetie counter in which no possible permutation of views is omitted. Faced with choosing a Perfect World, I finished up in Wonderland, with Alice.

My tally was 81% Labour; 77% Lib-Dem; 68% Tory; 67% ScotNat; 66% Green; 59% Plaid Cymru; 51% BNP and 46% UKIP so I am now waiting for a mathematician to tell me that adds up to slightly more than 100%.

Perhaps I should have gone to Specsavers.

I
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:30 pm

The survey is meant to indicate what percentage of the policies and stances of each party you agree with, it doesn’t have to add up to 100%. There are obvious overlaps between the parties; for example, Labour and the Liberal Democrats want us to stay in the EU, so on that issue I notched up a score with both of them.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:14 am

Do you think my answers turned out as they did because I put my own answer in to quite a few Ivan?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by patakace Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:03 pm

I side with Conservatives on most political issues.
Parties you side with...
83%
Conservatives
on economic, immigration, foreign policy, healthcare, and social issues.
compare answers
82%
UK Independence
on healthcare, foreign policy, economic, immigration, and transportation issues.
compare answers
51%
British Nationals
on foreign policy and immigration issues.
compare answers
51%
Liberal Democrats
on social issues.
compare answers
30%
Labour
on foreign policy and social issues.
compare answers

Nice to have confirmation of my sanity and rationality .
It is rather nice to be a winner .
patakace
patakace
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:57 pm

But some might still not have seen this particular inquisition:

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=q_uk1

(Might surprise a few closet Tories.)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Definitely OW, more than a few Tories I think too.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:47 pm

Just done it again - apparently I side with the BNP on some issues - just off to scrub my mind with lye soap
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Don't scrub too hard boatlady.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by patakace Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:54 pm

https://uk.isidewith.com/results/753848187:419784411

Seems I am consistent and a great example of the caring Tory .
I think Ivan shows signs of being a closet Tory . Must straighten him out and get him a better life .
patakace
patakace
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Now now patakace, making wild accusations like that with regards to Ivan? I shall let Ivan answer that remark, as i'm sure he will answer it in his own words far better than I can answer for him. thumbsdown
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by patakace Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:32 pm

stuart torr wrote:Now now patakace, making wild accusations like that with regards to Ivan? I shall let Ivan answer that remark, as i'm sure he will answer it in his own words far better than I can answer for him. thumbsdown

The main reason that I suspect you have a considerable amount of American blood in your veins is that you cannot spot light hearted posts .
There is nothing worse than a humourless Left wing fanatic .
Do you think Emoticons might help ?
If yes , do not take with alcohol or when driving heavy machinery .
patakace
patakace
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Is it not yourself that is American patakace?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:09 am

My Results. Not as I expected, possibly because some of the questions were a bit ambiguous

Labour
I side with Labour on most political issues.
Parties you side with...
83%
Labour
Labour
on economic, environmental, foreign policy, education, and social issues.
compare answers
82%
Scottish Nationals
Scottish Nationals
on economic, foreign policy, healthcare, environmental, and social issues.
compare answers
74%
Plaid Cymru
Plaid Cymru
on economic, environmental, transportation, and education issues.
compare answers
71%
Green
Green
on economic, environmental, and transportation issues.
compare answers
61%
Liberal Democrats
Liberal Democrats
on economic, environmental, and social issues.
compare answers
60%
British Nationals
British Nationals
on immigration and healthcare issues.
compare answers
58%
Conservatives
Conservatives
on immigration, healthcare, and social issues.
compare answers
53%
UK Independence
UK Independence
on immigration issues.
compare answers

bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by LWS Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:56 am

No real surprise I'm 90% Labour.
LWS
LWS

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Probably the thing which really holds Britain back from being truly "Great" is the adversarial nature of Parliament. Administration and Opposition must constantly strive to appear different from each other.

How much more efficient could a government of national unity be?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Is there one anywhere?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:35 pm

Not that I am aware of boatlady, more's the pity. But in commerce for example, the successful businesses are those in which everybody pulls in the same direction.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:09 am

I think you're right - don't know how on would get such a revolutionary idea going in government, though - politicians all seem to be a bit solipsistic to me
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:11 am

A government of national unity sounds like a one-party state, which has no place in a so-called democracy. There always needs to be an alternative for voters.

Coalitions may be okay during periods of conflict, when there is a single aim of winning the war, but the only way they work in peacetime, as we seen for the last five years, is when the junior partner throws all its principles and values in the bin.

Apart from during wars, I don't see any such thing as "the national interest"; we all have our own ideas of what a government should be doing. Does anyone seriously imagine that the likes of Dennis Skinner and George Osborne could ever agree on what was best for the people of Britain?
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Agree overall, of course not, but even families don't agree on everything.  Democracy may entitle everybody to an individual voice, but in the end it pays little regard to minority interests.  The popular view today is that "Politicians are all the same", which if it is true is because voters wish it to be so.  The average British voter is allergic to extreme attitudes, so a genuinely revolutionary Party would be unlikely to receive the necessary majority.
For as long as we've enjoyed universal suffrage in this Country, government has been confined within a narrow band of political choice because the main parties believe they will lose their power if they stray very far from the centre.  So in reality the alternative for voters has proved somewhat inflexible.  Centre-right or Centre-left, each pretending to be more radical than the other for cosmetic purposes.  One of the first lessons for a newly-elected MP is that to get things done on behalf of constituents (presuming they want to be in Parliament for more than just the one term) they will need to make friends in all parts of the House, not just within their own party, because it is so easy to block a motion.
Various over-excited commentators apparently expect the next General Election to produce a rainbow coalition of ScotNats, Greens, UKIPpers and Lib-Dems plus one main party. Rather like a meal-deal at Pizza Hut.  But first they'll all have to agree on a Mister (or Madam) Speaker, which may be interesting.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down