Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

+33
boatlady
Magpie's View
Tosh
KnarkyBadger
biglin
Bunnyrunner
Shirina
Red Cat Woman
Adele Carlyon
trevorw2539
ahddrv
Blamhappy
Mel
Scarecrow
AwfulTruth
LWS
Redflag
tlttf
atv
Stox 16
jackthelad
sickchip
witchfinder
astra
kentdougal
Ivan
keenobserver1
astradt1
Phil Hornby
bobby
Penderyn
oftenwrong
blueturando
37 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 8 Empty Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by blueturando Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Tonight’s YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 41%, LAB 39%, LDEM 10%, Others 10%. This is the first time that YouGov have shown a Conservative lead since December 2010. It certainly looks as though the Conservatives have recieved a boost from David Cameron’s veto at the European summit. There is also a new ComRes poll out tonight for the Independent which has topline figures of CON 38%(+1), LAB 38%(-1), LDEM 12%(+2) – also showing the two main parties effectively neck-and-neck. How is it that the tories can be level or ahead in the polls when they are having to make some very difficult and painfull decisions to try and bring down the deficit, the umemployment figures are the worst for 17 years. We have had strikes, pension reforms, VAT rises and the veto in Europe etc.......

It looks like Ed Millaband is not liked or trusted by many of the elecorate. In my opinion he looks weak, sounds weak and has no policies to speak of....Everytime he tries to get the better of Cameron in PMQ'S he ends looking like a fool with Cameron destroying him. Ed Balls is no better...he comes across as an odious man with no substance, who would probably stab his own wife in the back if it meant he gained more power.

Labour missed a trick in not voting in Eds brother David into the leadership role. David would have given Cameron a better run for his money and I believe he is a better politician than Ed too. With the two Eds at the helm I believe Labour are not a viable opposition right now and one or both could be dispatched by the party sooner rather than later

Last edited by Ivan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by Stox 16 Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:52 am

witchfinder wrote:The NHS has always been the achilles heel of the Conservative Party; right from the very begining, the Tories opposed the setting up of free health care. The Labour Party are onto a definite winner here and the issue needs to be pushed and pushed.

The ordinary man and woman in the street are generally not that interested in politics, but they do care about the local GP centre or the local hospital.

The opposition under the leadership of Ed Miliband also need to emphasise how the economy is now worse than it was in May 2010, weaker than when they took office, how unemployment is much worse, and how, contrary to everything that George Osborne said, our credit rating is now under threat of been lowered thanks to his policies.

Withy the NHS fact and figures should who looks after the NHS...it is the Tory party for sure..

At the beginning of the 20th century, government spent about 0.5 percent of GDP on health. But spending began to increase in 1909 after passage of the National Insurance Act, reaching 1.14 percent of GDP in 1921.
Health spending increased steadily in the 1920s and 1930s reaching 1.91 percent of GDP at the start of World War II. Spending kept steady during the war and then increased briskly after the war, reaching 3.07 percent just before the National Health Service was set up in 1948.
Costs rose sharply in the early years of the NHS, reaching 3.6 percent of GDP by 1950 and then dropping to 3.0 percent of GDP by 1955. Spending increased steadily after the mid 1950s, running at about 3.5 percent of GDP in the early 1960s and increasing to 4.0 percent of GDP by 1970 and peaking at 4.98 percent of GDP in 1975.
Health spending declined in the late 1970s, down to 4.7 percent of GDP in 1979 and increased thereafter, reaching 5.64 percent of GDP in 1983 before beginning a decline to 5.16 percent in 1988. Then spending jolted upwards, reaching 6.31 percent of GDP by 1993 before a steep decline to 4.91 percent of GDP in 1998.

Spending began increasing sharply after 1999, and is expected to reach a planned expenditures of 8.43 percent of GDP in 2010.
HM Treasury 2012

As for the economy...now worse than it was in May 2010,...Whichy the GDP to national debt percent is now back at the level of 1971 to 1973 levels

Public Net Debt
Fiscal Years 2010 to 2011
Year GDP
£ billion Public Net Debt -total

2010 1453.62 52.25 a
2011 1526.5 59.56 e

Legend:
a - actual outturn
e - estimate in HM Treasury 2011 budget

back to there 1971 level. thats the Tory party for you

Public Net Debt
Fiscal Years 1971 to 1973
Year GDP
£ billion Public Net Debt -total

1971 57.67 57.99 a
1972 64.621 55.46 a
1973 74.545 49.48 a

a - actual outturn
e - estimate in HM Treasury 2011 budget

well there back in the 1970s now....

Still I am sure there now say the HM Treasury figures are wrong...

Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by Redflag Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 am

AwfulTruth wrote:Thanks mate: remember shit sometimes floats to the surface.

I know that happens Awfultruth I think the brown stuff that Scam..er..on is creating will float to the top, and that will be these Bills he is trying to rush through the H.O.C. :affraid:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

As Leader of the Opposition, he might be considering handing back some of his official salary, since Tories and Lib-Dems are doing most of the work for him.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 am

oftenwrong wrote:Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

As Leader of the Opposition, he might be considering handing back some of his official salary, since Tories and Lib-Dems are doing most of the work for him.

oftenwrong
you are quite right in saying that the Tories and Lib/Dems are doing most of the work for him...leaders of the Opposition never really win elections, its the party in power that lose there voters trust...Its also impossible for any leader of the Opposition to set the political Agenda on say the economy with three years to go. its a case of not showing your hand to early...as that would be most stupid...The job of Opposition leader is one of the most frustrating in Government. as its fraught with political dangers and you end up with gallons of criticism from just about everyone. in fact your relationship within your own party can get very frail at times...yet when you sit and examine what he has tried to do so far..you find that Cameron rubbishes it at first...then tries to copy it later. So far I am quite happy with what he has done...I do not wish to see the Labour party having big poll leads now...as all that will do is make people think its all in the bag and not vote...however, if people think its close then Labour voters turn out in greater numbers... so it steady as you go for me..
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Again another 1st class PMQ's for Ed Milliband. This man is IMHO growing into the job quite nicely. The proof of this is when the Prime Minister Herr Cameron has to resort to shouting and making personal attacks, as he did against Ken Livingstone, Herr Cameron seems to have conveniently forgot, Ken Livingstone gave a full account on a TV interview how he pays his taxes. But when has it mattered to Herr Cameron what the truth is, when you can lie as convincingly as he does, I mean he is such an accomplished liar, he even convinces himself, even that poor sop blueturando has been totally hoodwinked by a series of untruth’s, but I doubt that would be too difficult to achieve.

Keep it up Ed you are doing just fine, whereas Herr Cameron, well what of Herr Cameron.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:12 pm

The only questions Camoron gives asnwers to, during PMQ's, are the 'would my right honorable friend agree with me........... posed by his own party.....to any asked by Milliband he just looks up his list of oneliner 'jokes' and then makes a stupid neeer type sound.......just like children make in the school playground....

I would like to see Milliband get up one day and state that it's not worth his time asking anything because he knows he wont get an answer........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Good Day astradt. Also When Herr Cameron or the twat Gideon talk of Tax avoidance or evasion, wouldn't it be nice if it was pointed out in the HOC (just as Herr Cameron did yesterday over Ken Livingstones Tax Affairs) how many of the Tory Front Bench are dodging paying their taxes. I think that now Herr Cameron has created a precedent (to my knowledge) it leaves the door wide open for a bit of retribution. I very much doubt Ed Milliband will do this as he tends to stick to politics and policy, as PMQ’s should be. That said though Ed Balls is a different sort of animal, it wouldn’t surprise me if he entered the bear pit and gave the Tory Wankers a bit of their own.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 pm

A week is a long time in Politics, and a year can prove embarassing ....

March 9, 2011 10:40 pm

Osborne sees off calls to ditch 50p top tax rate

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c0a8c3aa-4a9c-11e0-82ab-00144feab49a.html#axzz1profiQce
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 8 CAB%20MILLS
23 of the 26 members are millionaires in the cabinet. :affraid: :affraid: I know this is old news , but the photo shows the kinda guys governing your life.
1. Lord Strathclyde £10m
2. Philip Hammond £7.5m
3. George Osborne £4.6m
4. Jeremy Hunt £4.5m
5. David Cameron £4m
6. Chris Huhne £3.5m [now replaced.]
7. Dominic Grieve £3m
8. Francis Maude £3m
9. William Hague £2.5m
10. Andrew Mitchell £2m
11. David Laws £1m-2m estimate
12. Nick Clegg £1.9m
13. David Willetts £1.9m
14. Theresa May £1.6m
15. Oliver Letwin £1.6m
16. Caroline Spelman £1.5m
17. Owen Paterson £1.5m -
18. Cheryl Gillan £1.5m
19. Kenneth Clarke £1m+ Clarke must be up there with the top 5 , he has been on way too many boards.
20. Sir George Young £1m
21. Iain Duncan Smith £1m
22. Michael Gove £1m
23. Dr Liam Fox £1m [ now replaced . ]
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:36 pm

bobby wrote:I think you are right there Red, But unfortunitely if you are put into a bear pit, you end up fighting like a bear.

I personaly hope Edd Miliband continues as is. Herr Cameron in yet another of his broken promises, said he would put an end to Punch and Judy politics and has failed miserably, on the other hand Edd Miliband made no such pledge, he has just got on and done it, he has not bitten when Herr Cameron resorts to personal Attacks whereas Herr Cameron see's red simply because he can not answer a simple question.

Hi bobby what did you think of Eds retort to the budget yesterday I sat and watched Gideon Scam..er..on and Clegg SQUIRM in there seats with Vince Cable looking on trying to stifle a laugh the A**E H*LE TRIO looked very UNCOMFORTABLE in there seats and Scam..er..on going Red with anger because Ed was giving him a taste of his own medicine that he is so smug to hand out every PMQs.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Red What I did notice, on the Budget presentation was what made Herr Cameron smile the most, that was as Twat boy Gideon was announcing welfare cuts.
After Twat boys show, we had Ed Millibands response which I thought was faultless, when he started both Herr Cameron and Twat boy where laughing and shouting their foul mouths off, at about half way through Eds piece they both went very quiet and long faced. The only time Chopper Clegg seemed at all animated was when anything he had an input into was mentioned, but was very subdued during the rest of the Get The rich richer budget. All in all Ed gave a very good account of himself and showed the Tory scum how to behave.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:08 pm

scarecrow. They are just the fugures they present for Tax Purposes. I'd like to see the real numbers?
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Milliband has to up his game........and he will . The problem is Scameron + Gideon are going to sell the UK down the private river, Ed could win every PMQs for the next 2 months on the trot , makes no difference , he is not in power. He has an uphill struggle with his PR , he looks as if he has just fallen out of university, way too young ha ha . The worst in my opinion has not even began regarding the cut's, we are patently not all in this together, and knowing they will not get back into power at the next election , the toxic tories will do there worst and feather there own nest's.
I am past the PMQs stage of who performed better than the other on the day , the party in power is the problem [ NOW]
Clegg riles me more than Scameron , we all knew what Cameron was , but Clegg , he is duplicity incarnate.Shirley Williams is not far behind regarding the LibDem conference vote.

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 8 David%20rat
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:19 pm

bobby wrote:scarecrow. They are just the fugures they present for Tax Purposes. I'd like to see the real numbers?

Bobby .............right back at you , the real numbers are much higher Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:15 pm

After his excellent response to Osborne's Budget (which can have left nobody in any doubt that the Tories are the party of the very rich), I hardly think that Ed Miliband is the one on borrowed time. Tonight's YouGov poll says it all: LABOUR 42%, CONS 34%, LIB DEMS 9%.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:27 pm

One thing of significance today will not have been overlooked by those running the Government machine. Every single national newspaper led its front-page Budget story with "The Granny Tax".

Such rare unanimity may cause Gideon to revisit that particular wheeze from his Bumper Book of Dirty Tricks.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:56 am

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 8 Muggsy

Regarding the granny tax , Osborne will have to revisit it , he has made a major mistake, but u turns are part of policy , when needed.
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:04 pm

LABOUR 42%, CONS 34%, LIB DEMS 9%

About time Ivan.......I was begining to thing the Coalition was going to have threaten to kill all our children to get Miliband ahead in the polls....Of course it will be back to the usual levels in a few weeks

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:33 pm

"Of course it will be back to the usual levels in a few weeks"

Of course that what Camer-con and the whimp Gideon is praying for. That goes for you blue and all hard nosed Tory lovers.
We shall see.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 pm

We shall see..

I guess we will. Would be nice for the electorate to have an alternative to choose though......I can't see that in the current Labour lot

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Nothing new there then blue?
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:38 pm

It doesn't really matter what the polls are telling us. we have three years to go (unfortunitely) and most of their evil isn't yet on show. Much will become apparent next month with regular doses thereafter, then we will see polling reports that really matter. If Blueturando even dreams his Tories have a chance of winning a General Election, He'd better wake up and appologise.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Hello bobby,

The bastards wont win the next election and they know it,
They knew it from the start and make hay whilst the sun shines
for 5 filthy years, with a hell trail left behind, which will affect all bar the rich
who will have gained in all directions.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Mel wrote:Hello bobby,

The bastards wont win the next election and they know it,
They knew it from the start and make hay whilst the sun shines
for 5 filthy years, with a hell trail left behind, which will affect all bar the rich
who will have gained in all directions.

That is why there trying to privatize everything in site, your right Mel they will not be elected again when ever the GE happens, plus there is local elections coming up how do you thing that will go Mel?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Hello Red,

I think the Coalition are in for a shock at the local elections.

That of course will not deter them in their everlasting striving for Tory rotten ideology. They actually IMO expecting a shock and wll shrug it off with total impunity as they still have plenty of time until the 5yr term is up.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Funny how we keep referring to "the Coalition" when in truth we have a 99% Tory power put upon us.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Ed Miliband was an integral cog in the Blair/Brown government and is therefore devoid of any real integrity. His supposed socialism is fake......as is his opposition to tory policies. Because of his previous support of / association with Blair and Brown he cannot be trusted and should be dismissed instantly.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:53 pm

"Because of his previous support of / association with Blair and Brown he cannot be trusted and should be dismissed instantly."

Hello sickchip. So you don't trust Ed. OK then, I know you dont trust Camercon nor Glegg, therefore who do you have in mind that is a valid candidate? If you are hoping for a party other than the big three to become elected, hope on because there isn't one.
You therefore have a choice if you really want to have any chance of your vote (if any) having any meaning at all, Tories who are no more than greed merchants for the wealthy, LD's who will do ANYTHING to be in power, who have NOW become a right of centre party with no guts, or Labour who are the fairest of the bunch. Which will it be?
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Labour who are the fairest of the bunch.

Hello Mel. Fairest? I might concede to them being the lesser evil.

Having to choose the lesser evil isn't exactly inspiring.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Perhaps this is the moment to revive my campaign for World Domination.
Vote Early! Vote often!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Mel wrote:Hello Red,

I think the Coalition are in for a shock at the local elections.

That of course will not deter them in their everlasting striving for Tory rotten ideology. They actually IMO expecting a shock and wll shrug it off with total impunity as they still have plenty of time until the 5yr term is up.

Not unless we can think of something to bring them down sooner, got any Ideas?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm

"Redflag wrote

[quote]Not unless we can think of something to bring them down sooner, got any Ideas

You could always encourage rioting and looting as you usually do when Labour are in opposition, but saying that it never worked in the past, but you can always keep trying.
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:32 pm

[quote="atv"]
"Redflag wrote

Not unless we can think of something to bring them down sooner, got any Ideas

You could always encourage rioting and looting as you usually do when Labour are in opposition, but saying that it never worked in the past, but you can always keep trying.

Reference exactly what you are talking about PLEASE before I respond again ~ Which riots are do you mean?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:19 pm

[quote="Redflag"][quote="atv"][quote]"Redflag wrote

Reference exactly what you are talking about PLEASE before I respond again ~ Which riots are do you mean?

Look it up yourself, it's all on the internet.
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:12 pm

sickchip "Having to choose the lesser evil isn't exactly inspiring."

Better than choosing the Devil and his Desciples similar to what we have at present surely?
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Red "Not unless we can think of something to bring them down sooner, got any Ideas?"

Gunpowder Red???? Smile
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:18 pm

atv "You could always encourage rioting and looting as you usually do when Labour are in opposition, but saying that it never worked in the past, but you can always keep trying."

That is how the Tory mind works of course.

This so called government deserve a complete walk out to bring the country to it's knees and their party along with it. Well worth the inconvienience.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Mel wrote:Red "Not unless we can think of something to bring them down sooner, got any Ideas?"

Gunpowder Red???? Smile

Murder is the only option, and that's against the law. Grrr!
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Mel wrote: This so called government deserve a complete walk out to bring the country to it's knees and their party along with it. Well worth the inconvienience.

The working man suffered 13 years of New Labour and never walked out, why should they do it now.
Wait until the Coalition have put the County on a strong footing again before you suggest bringing the County to it's knees,
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm

"Wait until the Coalition have put the County on a strong footing again ...."

Oh, pur-leese! None of us will live long enough to see it. Maggy sold the family silver, and The Coalition is busy flogging whatever's left while it's still there.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 pm

oftenwrong wrote:"Wait until the Coalition have put the County on a strong footing again ...."

Oh, pur-leese! None of us will live long enough to see it. Maggy sold the family silver, and The Coalition is busy flogging whatever's left while it's still there.

And Brown sold the family gold, so whats new.

The Torys did it before, and I believe they will do it again, although it may take longer because of the mess Labour left the County in.
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next