Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should GPs ban patients who complain?

+2
oftenwrong
Mel
6 posters

Go down

Should GPs ban patients who complain? Empty Should GPs ban patients who complain?

Post by NIN Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:14 am

It now seems that if you complain about your GP, instead of looking into the complaint they will simply boot you out of their surgery "perminantly" leaving you to find another surgery, of course the second surgery will contact the first, primerily for your medical record, but no doubt they will be informed of your despicable behaveour in complaining, and may even be refused treatment by your second choice.

Are these the very same GPs who the Tory-led Coalition want to hold all the money and administer our NHS? It makes me wonder, if they find it easy to refuse medicine because of a minor complaint. What decisions will they make if certain treatments are too expensive and will hurt their proffits or possibly take too much from their budgets too early in the financial year.
Anonymous
NIN

Back to top Go down

Should GPs ban patients who complain? Empty Re: Should GPs ban patients who complain?

Post by Mel Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 am

My GP has a plush surgery bobby and drives a new Merc 500.
When he asks you to tell him your symptoms, he then punches your comments into Google. Surprised

The next step is to look down his pharmacy list on screen for the cheapest medication, ranging from the best at £10 and cheapest at 60p.
Which one does he prescribe?
Trust them with millions of pounds? I think not.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Should GPs ban patients who complain? Empty Re: Should GPs ban patients who complain?

Post by oftenwrong Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Show respect and you will be respected.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:07 pm

"Show respect and you will be respected.."

Agreed OW, that should go without saying.

I realise of course not ALL GP's are the same. However, they like most people who earn very good salaries have a tendency to become greedy and when an opportunity such as the one they are being given by this shifty lot is made available to them, to do as they wish, then I would not trust too many of them not to take advantage.

Of course there are some arrogant, rude and unsavoury patients that perhaps deserve to be stuck off a GP's books. The same applies to nursing staff in hospitals who are sometimes subjected to abuse, particularly by some grumpy elderly folk. The nerves will be tested in those cases, especially when through cuts they become short staffed. No way of them having those sort of patients struck off, so why allow GP's to do so?

Here again the system is vulnerable to being abused by GP's. For example, a patient may become too expensive for the surgery budget and therefore excuses can be made to oust the patient, without having to give a reason.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Do you ever read up on a subject before you blather us with your twisted take on the world melly?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Hello tlttf,
Yes of course unlike yourself, I am very well read on many subjects.

Never mind, no doubt your mummy loves you. Laughing

Oh yes I forgot, you read the "Spoof"rag and the Beano. That explains things.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Why is it that the lowest of the low in the Doctor's heirarchy are getting all the plums from the orchard?

One of the House Doctors when I was in last year, was going to be a GP on finishing training.
this means she has NO experience with the public at large, no life experience and certainly no in depth knowledge of the human body and mind.
I was told by the consultant that I should have seen him 6 months before I had! And this was said to more than one patient in the ward. Will this get better when the GPs are counting the coffers? And as Mel has said, in the legislation, the GPS are NOT to be held accountable for their own phuk-ups
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Quote : "When he asks you to tell him your symptoms, he then punches your comments into Google"

You need to go private. They use Yahoo then... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Would they not use america on line??? What a Face
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Our Surgery is totally reliable. A small amount of bodily fluid is sacrificed to the Gods, who then cause packets of chemical substances to be dispensed through a glazed aperture near the exit of the building. These packets bear the imprimatur of an international drugs company as a guarantee of their effectiveness in generating profit. If they don't work, there's plenty more where those came from.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:24 pm

A small amount of bodily fluid is sacrificed to the Gods, who then cause packets of chemical substances to be dispensed through a glazed aperture near the exit of the building.

LOL! This sounds like that book which describes modern life through the eyes of archaeologists in the far future trying to figure out how we lived. I can't remember the name of it offhand.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:48 pm

Customs may differ in other jurisdictions.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down