Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dale Farm travellers

+6
whitbyforklift
atv
jackthelad
astra
oftenwrong
witchfinder
10 posters

Go down

Dale Farm travellers Empty Dale Farm travellers

Post by witchfinder Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 am

Basildon council are correct in saying that planning regulations have been broken, and they are also correct in saying that there cannot be one law for one, and a different law for another, and it seems to most people that they have followed all the correct legal channels.

But Basildon council are guilty of failing to offer any form of alternative site for these travellers, even though possible, alternative sites were offered and put forward with the help of Richard Howitt, an MEP for the East Of England, the council clearly couldent give a damn where these people go.

The United Kingdom will be seen all accross Europe as a brutal, uncaring police style state on the front covers of newspapers, and on tv screens tonight and tomorrow, no doubt we will come in for some quite heavy, but deserved criticism.

In a normal situation, when a family is made homeless or evicted, the council MUST offer alternative accomodation, but because these people are travellers, that rule does not apply, quite simply a case of discrimination.

I can see the argument that placing caravans, trailers, mobile homes on plots of land without proper permission is not acceptable, but it dosent stop there, if we were a decent, civilised country, we would make every effort to find an alternative and acceptable site somewhere else, especialy considering there are children, elderly people and people with health issues.

Shame on this country

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Dale Farm travellers Empty Re: Dale Farm travellers

Post by oftenwrong Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:35 am

A different tune might be played by someone finding a clutch of caravans suddenly appear opposite their home.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:24 pm

The United Kingdom will be seen all accross Europe as a brutal, uncaring police style state on the front covers of newspapers

Good!!

If this keeps half the begging shyte out then it's done the job

(If Witchy and Astra could get the SAME benefits in their country as they do in ours then I would say a level playing field and well enough)
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Most manning the barricades wasn't travellers, (if you can still call them that)but the usual rent a mob and anachists. Instead of the riot police going in first, it should have been the bulldozers, flattened anything that came in front of them. If anyone needs to get hurt it's those trouble makers, not the police, or any other innocent person who is just obeying the law. No one is above the law, even if you don't like the law, you can't just pick and choose what law you are going to abide by. They had there days in court and failed, now they need to leave peacefully, there is no wonder most of the population dislikes them and their attitudes.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:08 pm

It's probably safe to assume that the Authorities have no intention of creating martyrs.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Why are these people called travellers, when surely they should be called settlers?

I wonder how many of those NIMBY protesters would sing a different tune if they moved outside their or their parents property?

Why are so many of those protesters wearing masks?

atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by whitbyforklift Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Sorry my good friend Witchfinder but I think you are wrong.
If (and I am glad he did not) Hitler had won won world war 2 these so called travellers would not exist.
whitbyforklift
whitbyforklift
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Dale Farm Travellers Contemplate Fresh Start

Dale Farm travellers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHatyQtfgScIqPZ7Qv0yTEf7HZAJAqpVInxXJ4P-AaBGAwKLuJTg( gypsyroyals.com)

" I say, old boy - can you direct me to Pease Pottage...?"
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:41 pm

What in God's name is "pease pottage?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:48 pm

It's a secret code word..........................................
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:26 pm

witchfinder wrote:
The United Kingdom will be seen all accross Europe as a brutal, uncaring police style state on the front covers of newspapers, and on tv screens tonight and tomorrow, no doubt we will come in for some quite heavy, but deserved criticism.

Perhaps. On this side of the pond, the United Kingdom will be seen all across America USV (three thousand plus miles east to west, closing in on eighteen hundred miles north to south, and that's excluding Alaska and Hawaii), a bit more distance than all across Europe, I do believe, given what I know in my bones about the round trip distance from RAF airfields and Berlin, as a sovereign nation that rightfully exercises its rights and discharges its duties in acting to ensure the blessings of liberty to "ourselves" and "our posterity."

There are some British citizens who post hereon that seem to despise the words of the US Constitution; however, since those words are the end product of thought processes initiated within the borders of what is now the UK, it is altogether fitting and proper to find that those words apply so appropriately to the actions of one of your local councils.

As for any German criticism, as mentioned in another post, had the lords of Germany had their way, by 2011, Romanos would have been just as extinct as Jews. Many are unaware that the Holocaust claimed approximately eleven million innocent souls; six million were Jews, and eleven million minus six million equals five million.

witchfinder wrote:
... these people are travellers, that rule does not apply, quite simply a case of discrimination.

Not necessarily. Discrimination, no doubt, but not automatically "a case of discrimination." A "case" implies something which should come under the purview of courts of law, whereas if the discrimination is based upon a standard to which all are required to adhere and to which this group chooses no to adhere, then this discrimination is altogether fitting and proper, and this discrimination forms neither ethical nor moral basis for "a case of discrimination."

witchfinder wrote:
... if we were a decent, civilised country, we would make every effort to find an alternative and acceptable site somewhere else, especialy considering there are children, elderly people and people with health issues.

Y'all are a "decent, civilized country", and a local council enforcing consequences upon people who've chosen to ignore standards to which all are required to adhere will do nothing to change that fat.

Last edited by RockOnBrother on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:28 pm

astradt1 wrote:
It's a secret code word..........................................
So are you telling or teasing?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:32 pm

astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:27 am

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:24 am

Sorry for the discombobulation.... Sad
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:01 am

Perhaps the name of this village between Bromley and Sevenoaks in Kent (described as "often the butt of jokes") is even more unusual than Pease Pottage:-

http://www.prattsbottom.co.uk/
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 am

Maybe these mobile Asbo-zones could be directed to the Gloucestershire villages of Upper Slaughter and Lower Slaughter for processing.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:51 pm

The Norfolk villages of Little Snoring and Great Snoring

The nagging machine beside me did have a comment!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Perhaps the name of this village between Bromley and Sevenoaks in Kent (described as "often the butt of jokes") is even more unusual than Pease Pottage:-

I hope everyone bought their tickets for the Trafalgar Meal. It's only £20 for a three course meal and a licensed bar. Hurry, because tickets are going fast! I have my plane seat booked and will be heading to Pratt's Bottom this weekend!
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:03 pm

To be totally authentic, a Trafalgar Meal should be ship's biscuit (remember to tap out the weevils first) pickled pork, and green-slimed water cut with a tot of rum.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:28 pm

I am attracted to the name of Chipping Sodbury and am sorely tempted to visit the Conservative Club there... Smile
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:54 pm

astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:55 pm

The nice thing about it all has been to discover that sometimes there are those worse off than oneself.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum