Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Rhea Page being discussed here?

2 posters

Go down

Is Rhea Page being discussed here?  Empty Is Rhea Page being discussed here?

Post by player1 Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi and thanks for the new forum - It's my first post here. I've noticed that some boards aren't allowing this story to be discussed. Not sure quite why,the story also hasn't been widely reported in the media - again I can only assume this for a reason ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html
Anonymous
player1

Back to top Go down

Is Rhea Page being discussed here?  Empty Re: Is Rhea Page being discussed here?

Post by oftenwrong Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Are you conerned to discuss the event, or merely the Judgment?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Is Rhea Page being discussed here?  Empty Re: Is Rhea Page being discussed here?

Post by player1 Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Are you conerned to discuss the event, or merely the Judgment?

Well I've seen the video,and it ain't pretty. I obviously don't know the whole case and the headline maybe misleading.The mitigating circumstances of "not being used to alcohol" as they are good Muslim girls does seem extraordinary. The judge did say that if an individual kicks someone in the head on the floor they should expect to go to prison. However in this case he decided to suspend the sentence,I'm not sure why ? From the judge -

"But he said he accepted the women may have felt they were the victims of unreasonable force from Mr Moore as he tried to defend his girlfriend, and handed the defendants a suspended sentence".

Can someone please watch this video and tell me this guy used unreasonable force ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z6IU9UeLlJQ

Last edited by Ivan on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Anonymous
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:56 pm

“Girl gang who kicked woman in the head while yelling ‘kill the white slag’ freed after judge hears ‘they weren't used to drinking because they're Muslims’”

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html#ixzz1g4SwTrhj

First things first. I’m somewhat a fan of Texas Ex-Governor George Walker Bush, who said that he didn’t believe in hate crimes. After hearing his explanation, I’ve agreed with him since then.

“I don’t care why they did it; I care that they did it”, George W. Bush, circa 1998.

I don’t care why the girls kicked the woman in the head; I care that the girls kicked the woman in the head. I also don’t care about the ethnicities of victim or perpetrators. The 14yk Amendment to the US Constitution institutes into law a principle which should be at the core of all justice system:

“… nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws”, United States Constitution, Amendment 14, Paragraph 1.

The judge who decided to excuse the actions of girls who kicked a human being in the head ought to be kicked out of office, and the girls who kicked a human being in the head ought to be kicked into immediate incarceration. Preferably housed with “Bubbene”, “Bubba’s” big sister.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Distance lends enchantment.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:41 pm

I don’t care why the girls kicked the woman in the head; I care that the girls kicked the woman in the head.
Motive makes a huge difference in what the charge is and what the ultimate sentence is. That is true for most other criminal offenses. If we should forget the "why" and only concern ourselves with the fact that a crime was committed, then there should be no difference between 1st and 3rd degree murders. Negligent homicide and most forms of manslaughter should also be rolled into a single catch-all murder charge.

Racially motivated crimes are weighted, and why not? We weigh other motives against each other.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Drunkenness is surprisingly often accepted as an excuse for bad behaviour.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:53 pm

RockOnBrother wrote:
I don’t care why the girls kicked the woman in the head; I care that the girls kicked the woman in the head.
Shirina wrote:
Motive makes a huge difference in what the charge is and what the ultimate sentence is. That is true for most other criminal offenses.

Unfortunately, motives do make a difference in the charges. Meanwhile, irrespective of the motives or the alleged drunkenness, a woman was kicked in the head.

I seriously doubt if the victim cares about racial motivation or state of inebriation. I seriously know that I don’t care about racial motivation or state of inebriation; the girls committed assault with intent to cause great bodily harm, and should currently reside in max with a few “big girls” that’ll teach ‘em a thing or two about assault.

Shirina wrote:
If we should forget the "why" and only concern ourselves with the fact that a crime was committed, then there should be no difference between 1st and 3rd degree murders. Negligent homicide and most forms of manslaughter should also be rolled into a single catch-all murder charge.

Incorrectamundo.

Let’s use as an example the differentiation between murder and voluntary / intentional / 1st degree manslaughter, using a real incident. In South Los Angeles circa September 1990, a Korean shopkeeper pulled a pistol from under the counter and shot and killed a Black teenager as she, the teenager, attempted to leave the convenience/liquor store in a fit of anger.

The girl had brought a carton of orange juice from a stand up cooler to the counter with intentions to pay for the juice, exit the store, and walk home. For some reason, the girl and the shopkeeper got into an argument, whereupon the girl told the shopkeeper that she didn’t want the juice and wasn’t going to pay for it.

The shopkeeper demanded that the girl return the juice to the cooler. The girl refused, loudly (we repeatedly saw security video of the incident on television), slammed the orange juice carton down on the counter, turned, and walked rapidly to the door. Before the girl got through the door, she was dead, shot in the back by the shopkeeper, who, in one smooth motion, reached under the counter, drew out the pistol, aimed, and fired.

The shopkeeper was originally charged with murder, but, upon examination of the security video frame by frame, the district attorney ascertained that there was no malice aforethought, and the charge was correctly reduced to voluntary manslaughter.

There was definitely malice (and intent), which meant that the homicide was at least voluntary manslaughter. The smooth, uninterrupted motion made the difference; the district attorney determined that there was no time for the shopkeeper to form the malice aforethought. Had the shopkeeper hesitated, even for a millisecond, and then aimed and fired, that millisecond would have provided compelling evidence of aforethought. Remember, this was on video, and we saw what the district attorney saw.

Notice that neither racial whatever (Korean, Black) nor motive (the shopkeeper, a Korean grandmother who testified that the girl failed to show proper respect for her elders) entered into the decision about with what to charge the shopkeeper. That’s the way I should be; the girl s still dead twenty-one years later.

Shirina wrote:
Racially motivated crimes are weighted, and why not? We weigh other motives against each other.

As Governor Bush said circa 1998 in regards to the beasts that dragged James Byrd Jr. to death chained to the rear bumper of a pickup truck in Jasper, Texas, “I don’t care why they did it; I care that they did it.”

I agreed then; I agree now. Meanwhile, Lawrence Russell Brewer is dead by lethal injection (too bad we couldn’t resurrect “Ol’ Sparky” foe one last “last dance”), another beast awaits imminent lethal injection, and the third resides in max for the rest of his life. Gee Dub delivered on implied his promise; no need for “hate crime” findings to enhance the penalties.

Just in case you’re wondering why the third beast wasn’t sentenced to death, that’s because he took the only deal in town, “stooling out” on his fellow criminals in exchange for life without possibility of parole.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Note, to Player1,

“Is Rhea Page being discussed here?”

Yep.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Thanks for you comments and observations. I've been thinking about this case for the last few days,so for what it's worth,here's my two penneth.

Rhea Page suggests that the attack was unprovoked. I'd suggest that something triggered the event. Perhaps the girls made an observation of the couple and she replied in unpleasant manner. Could have been anything - however something triggered the situation and my feeling is, that the judge took this into consideration. A bit more honesty from the victims perhaps....

The right wing press were all over this story,for obvious reasons. However,I've also noticed a reluctance for this and similar stories to be openly debated. I raised this issue in an evening class recently and immediately felt I was being classified as a judgemental bigot. I'm not in favour of these girls going to prison btw,if we can keep people out of prison and help them develop into a self actualised person,we should. What concerns me is that many people do get put down,for much less. Kicking someone in the head is a serious offence. When I grew up in 70's even skinheads rarely did this,they gave you beating but that was it. A boundary or unwritten rule existed,no longer it seems.

A comment from the Muslim Council of Britain :

It is unusual for the Federation of Muslim Organisations (FMO) to comment on individual judgements made by our courts system. However, if the story carried by sections of the media is fully and accurately reported, the FMO is deeply concerned about the way in which the perpetrators have linked their actions to a lax moment in their understanding of their faith. The FMO deplores in the strongest terms, the case of four Somali girls attacking support worker Rhea Page in which they were found guilty and handed suspended sentences.

Federation PR Officer Suleman Nagdi, said, “We condemn violence of any kind, especially mindless acts such as this, when a gang set upon a defenceless victim who herself works to support some of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. Alcohol is strictly prohibited in Islam and so the alcohol fuelled behaviour of these girls is a total contradiction to the teachings of Islam. The behaviour exhibited by the guilty parties has no relation to the behaviour of the general Muslim or Somali community who have worked hard and continue to do so to integrate into British society to make an invaluable contribution to the success of our nation. Drunken, yobbish and violent behaviour has no place in our society and our thoughts go out to Rhea Page who we hope makes a quick recovery so that she can continue the excellent work she is doing for the good of humanity. I echo her sentiments about the final judgement passed on the case. I would also like to acknowledge the role of the police in this case".
Anonymous
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:01 pm

It may be true that violence has become more extreme. Certainly youngsters are now able to see extraordinary violence on the cinema screen, or portrayed in digital "games" splattered with blood and body-parts.

The surprise would be if this exposure DIDN'T give them ideas.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum