Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Marching towards the sound of gunfire"

+3
oftenwrong
astra
astradt1
7 posters

Go down

"Marching towards the sound of gunfire" Empty "Marching towards the sound of gunfire"

Post by astradt1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Today that strange little chap, who seems to not want people to know what type of degree he has, seems to have finally lost the plot..........

The department for education is "marching towards the sound of gunfire", Michael Gove told a room of MPs, journalists and public figures on Tuesday, but failed to explain who the casualties would be.

In his lobby speech, the education secretary clamped down on "heads peddling the wrong teaching", promising they would be sacked, while refusing to wade in on the controversial appointment of the new university tsar Les Ebdon.

Regurgitating the phrase coined by education writer Raphael Wilkins, Gove told the room education is like "trying to run up a down-escalator" and added "there will be some uncomfortable moments in years ahead.”

"Exams will be made tougher; people will fail," he warned.

Gove then turned his attention to teachers, saying we all needed to encourage heads to "move on" under-performing staff - a plan announced earlier this year, which riled several teaching unions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/21/michael-goves-heads-peddling-wrong-teaching-will-be-sacked_n_1290795.html?ref=uk

He seems to believe that only he knows hwo teaching should be done but does not himself seem to have a degree in teaching.....

He later came out with the following:-

Education secretary Michael Gove has said that Rupert Murdoch "should be applauded" for setting up the Sun on Sunday, and warned that the debates surrounding the Leveson Inquiry were creating a "chilling atmosphere" which threatens the diversity and freedom of the British press.

In a speech to parliamentary journalists at Westminster, Gove said that inquiries could "create cures worse than the original disease", involving setting up of knee-jerk quangos and "law-making entities" which made matters worse. He questioned whether the Leveson inquiry was really necessary, saying that most of the behaviour by journalists which caused it to be set up could have been handled by existing laws.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/21/michael-gove-murdoch-sun-sunday-leveson_n_1290674.html?ref=uk

It should be remembered that Gove worked at the Murdock owned Times for 10 years.........

One can only hope that when he reaches the the guns he is the first one to go down....
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

"Marching towards the sound of gunfire" Empty Re: "Marching towards the sound of gunfire"

Post by astra Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Maybe his Epitaph will read something like -

"Yes he was bravely shot when leading the troops forward.

Funny how he was shot in the back!!"
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

"Marching towards the sound of gunfire" Empty Re: "Marching towards the sound of gunfire"

Post by oftenwrong Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Government by cliché. It's VERY popular amongst Tory research assistants.

"Follow me! I'm right behind you!"
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:33 pm

astra wrote:Maybe his Epitaph will read something like -

"Yes he was bravely shot when leading the troops forward.

Funny how he was shot in the back!!"

Newspaper Obituary 1814
Sacred to the memory of Major James Brush, who was killed by the accidental discharge of a pistol by his orderly, 8th of April, 1814.
'Well done, good and faithful servant'.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Only hours after Gove praises Mudock for starting a new paper and denouncing Scottish Independence, the great Mudock announces he supports Scottish Independence and criticies the British Military.......having also called Alex Salmond 'Brilliant'.........

Boy is this a bad day for some politicians...........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:02 am

astradt1 wrote:Only hours after Gove praises Mudock for starting a new paper and denouncing Scottish Independence, the great Mudock announces he supports Scottish Independence and criticies the British Military.......having also called Alex Salmond 'Brilliant'.........

Boy is this a bad day for some politicians...........

Hiya astradt1
God the very idea of having a Sun on Sunday feels my heart with utter dread. If I had my way I would sent Mudock to jail for the phone hacking issue alone. he is a pain it the butt...Thank God he is getting on in years now...many be the paper will not be such a big hit with the readers....still do not know what people saw in the News of the world myself....
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 am

astradt1 wrote:Today that strange little chap, who seems to not want people to know what type of degree he has, seems to have finally lost the plot..........

The department for education is "marching towards the sound of gunfire", Michael Gove told a room of MPs, journalists and public figures on Tuesday, but failed to explain who the casualties would be.

In his lobby speech, the education secretary clamped down on "heads peddling the wrong teaching", promising they would be sacked, while refusing to wade in on the controversial appointment of the new university tsar Les Ebdon.

Regurgitating the phrase coined by education writer Raphael Wilkins, Gove told the room education is like "trying to run up a down-escalator" and added "there will be some uncomfortable moments in years ahead.”

"Exams will be made tougher; people will fail," he warned.

Gove then turned his attention to teachers, saying we all needed to encourage heads to "move on" under-performing staff - a plan announced earlier this year, which riled several teaching unions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/21/michael-goves-heads-peddling-wrong-teaching-will-be-sacked_n_1290795.html?ref=uk

He seems to believe that only he knows hwo teaching should be done but does not himself seem to have a degree in teaching.....

He later came out with the following:-

Education secretary Michael Gove has said that Rupert Murdoch "should be applauded" for setting up the Sun on Sunday, and warned that the debates surrounding the Leveson Inquiry were creating a "chilling atmosphere" which threatens the diversity and freedom of the British press.

In a speech to parliamentary journalists at Westminster, Gove said that inquiries could "create cures worse than the original disease", involving setting up of knee-jerk quangos and "law-making entities" which made matters worse. He questioned whether the Leveson inquiry was really necessary, saying that most of the behaviour by journalists which caused it to be set up could have been handled by existing laws.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/21/michael-gove-murdoch-sun-sunday-leveson_n_1290674.html?ref=uk

It should be remembered that Gove worked at the Murdock owned Times for 10 years.........

One can only hope that when he reaches the the guns he is the first one to go down....

I am never left speechless but this has left me with a lot more HATRED for this A**E H**E of calls itself the UK Gov't, It has just proved to me that what we need is a GENERAL STRIKE and a STRONGER feeling of ONE LAW FOR THEM AND ANOTHER FOR US.

As for Gove and his connection to Murdoch he should hang his head in SHAME but the Tory party do not ANY SHAME at all and my hope is that the MURDOCHS and all connected to his paper that have done wrong get a prison sentence, and the quicker the people of the UK WAKE UP to this Nasty party and get them out before 2015.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 am

Although not being a chap normally given to bad language and vulgarity, I do hold the view that Gove is an especially obnoxious little shit who consistently talks utter bollocks... Twisted Evil
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 am

Phil Hornby wrote:Although not being a chap normally given to bad language and vulgarity, I do hold the view that Gove is an especially obnoxious little shit who consistently talks utter bollocks... Twisted Evil

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Shocked Laughing
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 am

Does anyone know how Michael Gove got on at school? Children can be so cruel when they want to be.

"Gove was born in Edinburgh. At four months old, he was adopted by a Labour-supporting family in Aberdeen, where he was brought up. His adoptive father ran a fish processing business; his mother was a lab assistant at the University of Aberdeen before working at the Aberdeen School for the Deaf.

He was initially state school educated in Aberdeen, later attending the independent Robert Gordon's College, to which he won a scholarship. From 1985 to 1988 he studied English at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford, where he served as President of the Oxford Union.

Gove was a trainee reporter at the Press and Journal in Aberdeen, where he spent several months on strike in a dispute over union recognition and representation. He joined The Times in 1996 as a leader writer and has been its comment editor, news editor, Saturday editor and assistant editor."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gove
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Quote (on Gove) : "His adoptive father ran a fish processing business; his mother was a lab assistant ..."

It figures. I always knew there was something fishy about him and had assumed that such a repulsive oddity must have resulted from a terrible laboratory accident... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Quote (on Gove) : "His adoptive father ran a fish processing business; his mother was a lab assistant ..."

It figures. I always knew there was something fishy about him and had assumed that such a repulsive oddity must have resulted from a terrible laboratory accident... Shocked

Thanks PH i like yourself hate this little Hitler TURD its a pity the laboratory accident was not FATAL.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum