Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is Me....

3 posters

Go down

This is Me.... Empty This is Me....

Post by astradt1 Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Having now worked for the past 8 months caring for those with Dementia and Alzheimer's I have seen the effects and have decided that I should start writing my 'This Is Me' information so that those who will have the task of caring for me will know what I like and dislike, will know topics I like to talk about, what I like to eat and hopefully be able to help make my final years dignified......

This document can be down loaded from the Alzheimer's Society web site :-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have also been thinking about the need to have Lasting Power of Attorney in place so that my loved ones can make decisions for me when i am no-longer able to.

Has anyone already started their planning yet?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

This is Me.... Empty Re: This is Me....

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Equally important, does anyone think that the Medical profession is disposed to take into consideration what anyone else wants?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Upon mature reflection, I hope my above response was not considered to be too terse, but the evidence is that "Professions" like to make decisions that are set in stone. Any support for voluntary euthanasia will have to begin by Government action, from a government which is likely to be pretty busy for several years dealing with the mess created by Cameron's inability to control the Tory party.

As to the lesser crime of involuntary onset of old age, Lawyers, Bankers, Insurers, Carers and Medics alike seem to prefer the Act of God clause which absolves them of liability.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Has the Dirty Digger finally gone?

Disney has acquired much of 21st Century Fox's assets for $52.4 billion in stock, with the mammoth deal closing after more than a month of the two companies circling one another on the dance floor.

The buyout infuses the Mouse House with a bevy of Fox properties, including its film and TV production units and much of its non-broadcast TV business, including FX, regional sports networks and Nat Geo, among other channels. Top franchises like "X-Men," Avatar," and "The Simpsons," will also fall under the Disney umbrella.

Fox will separate the Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network into a "new FOX" company that will be spun off to its shareholders.

Personally I have tried to avoid adding to the obscene wealth of Murdoch, though I do buy a Sunday Times for the next week's TV-listings. I will never understand why there are people happy to pay £60 a month to watch movies on Sky and then bump that up to £120 a month to have sports channels.

In the USA they say "Don't mess with the mouse!" Wonder how long it might take for Brits to acknowledge that advice?

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Hopefully. all of this is just the famous darkness before the even more famous dawn
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum