Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROFL, LOL! You have to see this to believe it

5 posters

Go down

ROFL, LOL! You have to see this to believe it Empty ROFL, LOL! You have to see this to believe it

Post by Shirina Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 am

Republican likens contraceptive mandate to Pearl Harbor, 9/11

A House Republican lawmaker likened the implementation of a new mandate that insurers offer coverage for contraceptive services to Pearl Harbor and the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks against the United States.

Pennsylvania Rep. Mike Kelly (R), an ardent opponent of abortion rights, said that today's date would live in infamy alongside those two other historic occasions. Wednesday marked the day on which a controversial new requirement by the Department of Health and Human Services, which requires health insurance companies to cover contraceptive services for women, goes into effect.

"I know in your mind you can think of times when America was attacked. One is December 7th, that's Pearl Harbor day.  The other is September 11th, and that's the day of the terrorist attack," Kelly said at a press conference on Capitol Hill. "I want you to remember August the 1st, 2012, the attack on our religious freedom. That is a day that will live in infamy, along with those other dates."

These are the kinds of morons leading this country ... and why I want out of it. However, here's the problem ...

Over all, 63 percent of Americans said they supported the new federal requirement that private health insurance plans cover the cost of birth control, according to the survey of 1,519 Americans, conducted from Feb. 13 to Feb. 19 for the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. The poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

So ... if this contraception mandate is just like Pearl Harbor and 9/11, does that mean 63 percent of Americans were in favor of being attacked by Japan and Al-Qaeda?

LOL! I really wish there was an IQ requirement to run for public office.

LINK

Apparently MSNBC is using web addresses that conflict with this site's linking program or else I would have provided a link to the original article.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

ROFL, LOL! You have to see this to believe it Empty Re: ROFL, LOL! You have to see this to believe it

Post by Ivan Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:12 pm

If you want something else which is almost unbelievable, try this:-

When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous.” (Mitt Romney, 22.09.12)

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story

And we thought that George 'Dubya' Bush was thick! Shocked
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

ROFL, LOL! You have to see this to believe it Empty Re: ROFL, LOL! You have to see this to believe it

Post by oftenwrong Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:29 pm

As far as I can tell, Mr. Romney has not expressed an opinion on windows in submarines. Perhaps someone should ask him.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:42 pm

If you like having sex, better not vote for Mitt Romney.....

(YouTube)
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:04 pm

I've been saying what she said since the Bush-Kerry campaign, and she's right: The GOP doesn't care about babies out of the womb, just the ones still inside of it. Yet both are equally as helpless and innocent.

Having said that, she is wrong in one regard: Romney is not against abortion in ALL cases. He said during the first presidential debate that he makes exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother. I'm not a Romney fan at all, which you all should know, but we have to keep our own side honest, as well, or we lose our high ground.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willingsniper Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:04 am

Last edited by willingsniper on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
willingsniper
willingsniper

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 am

At least twenty years ago, when internet discussions were in their infancy, someone identified the "Hitler ploy" which would inevitably be brought into the discussion at some point where a contributor wanted to trump someone's ace. "Pearl Harbour" falls comfortably within that parameter, but people who use such absolutes don't seem to realise how rapidly the currency of rational debate becomes devalued.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:54 am

Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock has said pregnancies resulting from rape are "something that God intended to happen”.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20054737

If that’s what a so-called Christian believes, it’s easy to understand why Richard Dawkins wrote this in his book ‘The God Delusion’:-

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:22 am

Control Games - like any other organised religion.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:28 pm

*child with his friends*

Child: "What did YOU get for Christmas?
Friend 1: "I didn't get squat. Just a DVD and that's it. Mom said money is too tight this year."
Friend 2: "Me too. It was all my father could do to scrape up enough to get me a subscription to Netflix."
Friend 3: "Ditto. My mother was in tears when she said she really couldn't afford Christmas this year. I understood, but ... you know."
Child: "Well, my present was a donation to the Scott Walker campaign.
Friend 1: "Hey wasn't Scott Walker the same guy who stamped out collective bargaining rights for teachers, firefighters, and policemen?"
Friend 2: "Yeah, I remember that guy. Our policemen and firefighters were heroes during 9/11 and now they're little better than welfare recipients. That's what he basically said."
Friend 3: "Yep, same guy. The same one who made government workers pay up to 10% more for their health insurance - to save money of course."
Friend 2: "Yeah, save money. Right. He was out to bust the unions, not save money."
Friend 3: "Hmm, my mom's a teacher and she said her health care costs put her over the financial edge. It's why she couldn't afford Christmas."
Friend 2: "My father is a cop. Because of Scott Walker, he didn't get his yearly cost of living raise. That's why Christmas is so hard now."
Friend 1: "Uh huh, you got that right. My father was a firefighter killed in the line of duty, but because of Scott Walker, her death benefits from the state puts us below the poverty line."
*Uncomfortable silence*
Friend 1: "So, you said your parents gave money to this creep in your name?"
*All three friends turn to glare at the child*
Child: "Well, no, well .. I mean yeah, but that's not what I asked for ..."
All three friends in unison: "Let's get him!"
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Icelandic Woman Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi Shirina!! I haven't seen you in a while. I hope you are well and haven't forgotten about us.  Very Happy 
Icelandic Woman
Icelandic Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Hello, Icelandic ... nope, I haven't. I recently logged in over there to say hello.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum