Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time?

3 posters

Go down

'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time? Empty 'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time?

Post by Boudica Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Pointless. Apart from the fact that Alexander Armstrong doesn't appear to know the difference beween 'less' and 'fewer'.

There has been a rise in he number of programmes where you need no knowledge to win - that ridiculous open the box thing with Noel Edmonds being a famous offender.

I prefer something where you need to know a little. The fact that you don't just need to be right, but more obscurely right than everyone else appeals to my darkest nature :-)
Boudica
Boudica

Back to top Go down

'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time? Empty Re: 'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time?

Post by oftenwrong Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:08 pm

So it's YOU that is always the "one" that scuppers the candidates at the very last minute.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time? Empty Re: 'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time?

Post by Boudica Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:14 pm

There were some killers tonight - only 4 pointless answers on the periodic table question.
Boudica
Boudica

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm

I think the BBC would be sensible to demonstrate transparency in the way "100 people were asked ....".

As the show is currently broadcast, some contestant or other might claim to have been eliminated by Producer diktat rather than random fortune.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty_One_(game_show)

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:38 am

like most of this claptrap, when listening to the prog, it was broadcast first about 4 years ago!

THAT was when I lost intrest!

Have we not had enough of repeats?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down