Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local radio

3 posters

Go down

Local radio Empty Local radio

Post by whitbyforklift Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:10 pm

[b]I seems the BBC are strapped for cash? We, thanks to the govenment freezing the licence fee, are finding it hard to cope.
So who is going to suffer? The medium paid staff at local radio and the listeners.
The over the top paid bosses wont notice anything, as usual.
I would have thought getting rid of Jonathan Ross would keep local radio going for at least 10 years.
What will happen now is there will be a link up with another station, i.e. Tees with Newcastle?
I think they would be better off getting rid of some digital stations that nobody bothers with.
Local radio has become a part of life. Long may it last.
whitbyforklift
whitbyforklift
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Local radio Empty Re: Local radio

Post by witchfinder Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 pm

What gets me is that all those people who think its a good idea to freeze the licence fee, cut the BBCs revenue and stop the subsidy from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office towards the World Service, will sooner or later start complaining about the drop in quality of the BBC.

If you want "Auntie" to provide us with the quality of TV a radio we have been acustomed to, then we will have to pay for it.

I happen to believe that £2.79 per week for 7 television stations, 5 national network radio stations plus 3 digital only radio stations, our own local radio station, the World Service, and one of the best news and sports websites in the world - is excelent value for money.

If the BBC was ever forced into advertising, then I think I would get rid of the telly, the only way in which I ever watch anything on Sky or ITV is by recording it and then fast forwarding the adverts.

MInd you WHITBYFORKLIFT - I dont like BBC Tees during the week, all talk and no music, but I like it at the weekend.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:45 pm

The Beeb has always suffered for its excellence. Listeners often clamour for "More Sport" or "More Jazz" but when programmes are provided, the critics moan, "We didn't mean more FOOTBALL" or "Not THAT kind of Jazz!"

Similarly, how "local" can a broadcast be? Many people's definition of "local" means within walking distance or at most a single bus journey. The Southern News on TV attempts to cover an area from Southampton to Oxford.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by whitbyforklift Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:47 pm

[b]A big plus for local stations joining together is phone in type progs get a wider topic to talk about.
In the late 80s and early 90s we in the north of England had a thing called the night network.
The presenter was a man called Martin Kelner, it was really good.If they do this sort of thing again I am all for it.
In the 70s national radio joined up for part of the day.Jimmy Young was on radio 1 and two at the same time.
Nothing is new under the sun.
whitbyforklift
whitbyforklift
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down