Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A thread for dog and cat lovers

+4
Dan Fante
stuart torr
Phil Hornby
boatlady
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A thread for dog and cat lovers - Page 2 Empty A thread for dog and cat lovers

Post by boatlady Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm noticing several of us seem to enjoy trading stories about our four-legged companions, and wondered if people would enjoy having a dedicated thread for this - possibly to include photos of them if people want to show off the beauty of their particular animal friend.

Having been for many years owned by a series of cats, I one day took charge of a couple of Yorkshire terriers whose owner had just died - I'm now a complete dog convert - but still love cats. The Yorkies are long gone, but have been replaced because I found I just couldn't do without dogs.

Currently, my four-legged family consists of Jennie, a Jack Russell bitch who is more intelligent and more lovable than most of the people I meet, and a terrier cross named Jimbob who embodies enthusiasm and never fails to bring a smile.
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

A thread for dog and cat lovers - Page 2 Empty Re: A thread for dog and cat lovers

Post by boatlady Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Not prying - I will gladly rave about my lovely husband to anyone who will listen

boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

A thread for dog and cat lovers - Page 2 Empty Re: A thread for dog and cat lovers

Post by stuart torr Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:00 am

WELL DONE YOU LUCKY LADY!!
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Jennie and Jimbob have had an interesting weekend.

They did not go on their boat, because they had promised to take their grandma out for Sunday lunch.

On Sunday morning, they got into the car, after helping to lay the new rugs in the lounge and spare bedroom (sad to relate, their help was NOT appreciated). They travelled to grandma's house, where they triumphantly ousted the cat and finished her breakfast for her. Grandma gave them biscuits as she was so pleased to see them (at least that's what they think she meant when she said - don't jump up at my legs!).

Then they travelled to the restaurant that was near the beach. Before the humans went into the restaurant, Jennie and Jimbob gave a spirited exhibition of freeform prancing, which sadly grandma was unable to witness, because she was too busy having a nice drink in the pub garden; then they returned to the car to await impatiently the return of grandma with a doggy bag.

After this, they went home with the humans and grandma and had a run in the field before raiding grandma's biscuit box and sleeping heavily until home time .

They do love to Help the Aged
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 pm

sounds like they had a great week-end boatlady, I'm getting ready for decoration of the last room in the flat ie the bedroom, so I have 90% of the bedroom stuff in my living room which tula is finding hard to get used to.
only enough room for us to walk to our places in the room, so extra fuss and spoiling with treats I'm afraid. :-)
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Lovely for both of you (the extra fuss and treats, I mean)
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:11 pm

A thread for dog and cat lovers - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSh9C81oBUoAYyumFrVje12l0-aD_QtV7-iXoUAyWgSsGa6QH1( fanpop.com)

" Quick - look cute and those gullible humans will feed us anything we want..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:45 pm

That's right Phil, cos when it comes to my dogs I'm a great big softie. :-)
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Trouble is the weather boatlady, no two days are the same, starts sunny today then ends up raining again, fortunately not as bad as Saturday when it hammered down again and parts of yesterday, and tula hates the rain ahahah.  Sad 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:44 pm

roll on snow and ice please just for my doggy tula.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Much as I want the two of you to be happy, I can't endorse that wish - sorry.
It'll get cold again soon enough
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Don't worry boatlady, it will probably rain more than the ice and snow anyway, Laughing 
But surely we have had enough of that during what was supposed to be summer. scratch 
Is it my imagination, or does it seem to be getting darker earlier already?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Yes, in the deathless words 'Winter draws on'
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Autumn first boatlady. Sad 
Then get your winter woollies out, as the leaves have just started dropping, garden looks worse every day, keep raking them up from now on.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by moonbeam Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:38 am

All of my furry friends are well. Not long ago, all of them were out in the yard eating grass and Goober saw a squirrel taunting him up in a tree. So of course, he had to go up and teach him a lesson. Sadly, Goober is the one who needed to be schooled - in how to get back DOWN the tree, lol.

I also have a new outdoor friend; a manx cat that I call Stubby. He must have an owner somewhere that just lets him roam free. He likes to be petted and scratched too much to be truly feral like the other outdoor cats I care for.

moonbeam
moonbeam
Administrator (Security & Presentation)

http://notmsnmoney.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 am

That must have been funny in a way moonbeam, Goober having to be taught how to get down a tree.  scratch scratch 
You must have a fair few cats now?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Latest Predictions for Next Prime Minister...

A thread for dog and cat lovers - Page 2 9k=

" Miaoww..."

A thread for dog and cat lovers - Page 2 Z

" Me? How...? "
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:51 pm

I think the top photograph would make a better job of it than the one we have in power at the moment Phil
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by moonbeam Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:51 pm

stuart torr wrote:That must have been funny in a way moonbeam, Goober having to be taught how to get down a tree.  scratch scratch 
You must have a fair few cats now?
LOL, yes, it was funny. He's gone up 2 or 3 times now but can never figure it out and ends up having to jump part of the way.

I have 5 indoor cats and who knows how many ferals that I feed and water daily. I have their stuff out on the back porch, in a large plastic tub that I tipped on its side to provide a little rain protection. Most will stop what they're doing, if not run away, as soon as they see the curtain twitch. But, there are a couple that are a little less skittish.

moonbeam
moonbeam

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:35 pm

Word has definitely got round the cat rounds then moonbeam, bless you, you are one big cat lover for sure.
After my two broke my heart when they died I decided that no more, I feed the wild ones when they come regular even though my dog barks her head off they know they are safe, but I stick to dogs now, even though this one drives me round the bend at times.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by moonbeam Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 pm

I do love cats, though I didn't intend to have 5 of them. It started out that we were going to adopt ONE (female, Squeaker) from someone I worked with remotely. We still have never met face to face, even though we're both local. But, then it turned out that one other person who was going to take one backed out. So we ended up with a male (Goober) as well.

Perhaps a year later, my stepdaughter had to get rid of her two (brother (Max)/sister (Snowflake), half Siamese), so she gave them to my son as a birthday present.

About a month and a half after that, I heard a kitten crying outside, and found it under my house, abandoned. My son named him Mr. Whiskers. He was about 4 weeks old, according to the vet, and still required bottle feeding. That was interesting, trying to work that in and sleep/work, etc.

Goober has always been remarkably accepting of all the interlopers, especially since he had 3 new faces in under 2 months. Sister Squeaker, much less so. She is the one that will pick on others.

moonbeam
moonbeam

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:40 am

Sorry not getting back to you until now moonbeam, but was not on the PC last night, and have been the doctors for blood tests this morning.
What a wonderful story, Mr Whiskers, what a wonderful name for a cat too.
Due to hard work that he survived also on your behalf, well done.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by moonbeam Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Whiskers lives up to his name, too- he's got long ones! One day, I'll try to get some current photos of my fur babies to post.

moonbeam
moonbeam

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:09 pm

That would be lovely moonbeam, I have just taken some new ones of tula, but did not turn out too good.
So I'm going to try again and replace my parrots with her.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:16 pm

The parrots, in their way, are splendid
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:33 pm

That's why I chose them boatlady, better looking than a photograph of moi. Laughing 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Haven't heard about each others 4 legged companions for a while? hope they are all ok and still giving you all plenty of laughs like tula is me. Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Doesn't anybody have any dogs or cat companions these days to talk about as it seems the thread has just about died as no-one wishes to talk about their pets anymore?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:02 pm

As we speak, Jennie and Jimbob are giving their famous interpretation of the role of two dogskin blankets, draped artistically over the sofa and Boatman and awaiting their tea.

The end of the boating season always depresses them - although it's still warm enough, various social events and obligations have prevented us from boating for a few weeks now, and they are just coasting as it were and wondering when the fun is going to start again.

If we ever get a weekend free, we will be taking them on some long country walks - until then they are SOOOO BOOOORED Sleep Sleep Sleep
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:23 pm

I know what you mean boatlady as tula dislikes the rain so much and when it comes to walks in the rain she dives back in and says you go i'm not. Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:22 pm

They had a visit from their grandma today - so life is a little sweeter - also sprayed Jimbob with my aromatherapy facial spray - but it didn't make him serene as it says it should  - made him a bit skittish to be honest.

They are doing the dogskin blanket thing again now deadhorse
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Laughing Mine is laying fast asleep at the moment until I move then it will be out time, good job it isn't raining or she would hold it until as long as possible then paw me silly until I let her out. Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Jennie has had an episode of her old trouble tonight - occasionally her toes get crossed and cramped and it hurts her and she can't untangle them - it's the result of an injury to her leg as a pup - one of her front legs is twisted out of shape and she can't put her foot down flat, so sometimes the toes get tangled.

When this happens poor girl feels very sad and sorry for herself, but she REALLY doesn't want anyone touching the toes in case it makes things worse. She cries and limps around in a truly histrionic manner until by a process of bribery and flattery we manage to persuade her to allow us to gently manipulate the poor foot. All the while, Jimbob dances around in a excited way, wondering why his humans are trying to kill Jennie - all in all a lively evening - I'm off for an early night
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Poor thing boatlady, give her a hug from me and a kiss before bedtime, night love.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Everybody's dogs and cats still keeping well I hope, and keeping each other happy?
Tula as per usual is fast asleep in her basket when she has nothing to do. Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Just checking in to tell you Jennie and Jimbob have enjoyed their first trip out on the boat - Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon.
As the weather was cold and a bit windy, they did not get as much prancing time as they hoped for, but they enjoyed greeting all the other river users and have organised their bed ready for the rest of the season.

The humans found it so cold they went to bed at 7-30 - maybe still a bit early in the year for boating?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:12 pm

Sounds lovely whatever the weather boatlady, I have one labrador/retriever lady that would have jumped up and down at the mention of that. Laughing Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:56 pm

The sun was fabulous - and eating breakfast in the open air, but I'm a chilly soul so wanted to get home for a nice hot bath
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:13 pm

Oh well boatlady a bit of a spoiled soul at heart then eh?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip J H Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:36 pm

We have two resue cats. As kittens they were found dumped in a box on a busy market street in the East End of London. Shocked

Ten years on they still can't stand the sight of each other Laughing
Anonymous
Phillip J H

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Strange in a way but cats can be funny like that can't they.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:50 pm

I love the way cats can continue to hold a grudge - for years and years and years ----
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next