Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2)

+13
Ivan
Claudine
oftenwrong
stuart torr
ghost whistler
methought
Penderyn
astradt1
Bellatori
Dan Fante
Phil Hornby
bobby
boatlady
17 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2) - Page 11 Empty Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2)

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Maybe Goves wife will provide the job seekers with the money to buy her expensive facial creams, and maybe while she is at it she could take them out and buy them a new outfit to attend there interview with  so they can get a zero hour contract job. lol! lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2) - Page 11 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2)

Post by Ivan Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:18 am

Before he came to power in 2010, Cameron vowed a crackdown on ex-ministers using contacts and information gained in office for private gain. How did that work out? Well, five former members of his cabinet are among 25 ex-coalition ministers earning up to £600 an hour in the sector they used to regulate. But apparently they haven’t broken any rules.

For the full story:-
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-camerons-gravy-train-scandal-7153710

Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2) - Page 11 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2)

Post by Redflag Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:25 am

The scasndal that I see emerging from the Tories is OUR NHS junior doctors, it not about saving money its about CUTTING the money in line with the 2012 NHS care bill. In other words getting it ready for the private health sector to take over completely our NHS then people will see the truth in the junior doctors strikes which take place today and two other dates.

I have an idea for the junior doctors that would make this Tory gov't sit up and take notice, threaten to do a mass RESIGNATION see how (C)HUNT & Davy boy enjoy that, having no doctors to hand over to the private sector I would hope do the trick.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:55 pm

" I have an idea for the junior doctors that would make this Tory gov't sit up and take notice, threaten to do a mass RESIGNATION ..."

Ms Redflag - I am uncertain how this ploy might work and what the medium term benefit might be for doctors who ( eg) have mortgages and other bills to pay. Would simply going on an indeterminate strike be preferable to actually terminating employment?
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:30 pm

I have always believed that an indefinite work to rule is the better route, not only are the Company paying each month, but they are getting a lot less than is normal for the money. Just by evoking the many health and safety rules can slow down production (as I am sure that is how the Tories see healthcare). Whilst the work to rule is being operated the service will suffer as the hospitals will have to prioritise which cases are dealt with and which are put on hold. I really see it as a win-win situation to those working to rule. The Bosses have to work harder, patients at the highest risk will be seen to and the Junior Doctors are still receiving a wage, enabling them to keep the protest up almost indefinitely. I wonder how the shit head Jeremy Von Hunt would deal with that.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:25 pm

By forcing through changes to the rules?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:26 pm

It’s certainly a scandal. Let’s not forget that Jeremy Hunt was the co-author of a book in 2005 in which he wrote: “Our ambition should be to break down the barriers between private and public provision, in effect denationalising the provision of health care in Britain.” It was also 2005 when Oliver Letwin promised that the NHS would cease to exist after five years of a Tory government. Noam Chomsky explained how this is likely to come about: “The standard technique of privatisation is defund, make sure things don’t work, people get angry, you hand it over to private capital”.

A mass resignation of doctors would be playing into the Tories’ hands. It would help them to argue that the NHS is unsustainable and that private companies (especially ones which donate to the Tories) are needed to ‘rescue’ our health care. Of course the doctors’ strikes and those of Tube workers will be used by the Tories to justify their latest piece of draconian anti-union legislation to the more gullible members of the public; Mussolini would have been impressed with their tactics. But speaking personally, I support the doctors 100%. If the Tories defeat them, everyone else who works in the NHS can expect to be picked off one group at a time, as the Tories do their damnedest to destroy the service.

Here are eleven reasons why we should all be supporting the junior doctors:-
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/11-reasons-you-should-supporting-7164984

And when you come across someone who is against trade unions, ask them to sign this:-

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2) - Page 11 Anti-u10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYiBepUWQAAqryI.jpg
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:04 am

The BMA doesn't think of itself as a Trade Union, but Jeremy Hunt is determined not to give way on the question of 7-day working, and will just keep saying that "we" can't afford to pay overtime for weekend working.

Will the general public identify with that? They'd get a nasty pain in the wallet if they chose to Go Private.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:57 am

The reason this Tory gov't wants to force this contract on the NHS doctors is so that the private health sector can take it over with plenty of huge PROFITS for them. If I was the BMA threaten with MASS RESIGNATIONS from the doctors that would make (C)hunt & Davy boy sit up and take notice also the people of the UK.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:23 pm

If Herr Cameron forces this bill through I can see many NHS trained Doctors and Nurses leaving our shores.
There are lots of countries just waiting to take our already highly trained people, without the need to fund their training, as sure as "eggs is eggs" they will go. Where then will we get the needed medical staff to fill the places of the Private Hospitals and surgeries that we will be left with?
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:43 pm

The Tories clearly see their perpetual war on the public services as far more important than the mere welfare of the nation's citizens...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:10 am

bobby wrote:If Herr Cameron forces this bill through I can see many NHS trained Doctors and Nurses leaving our shores.....Where then will we get the needed medical staff to fill the places of the Private Hospitals and surgeries that we will be left with?

I agree bobby, what I would like to know is what the private health companies do for staff they will not be able to advertize there private health Insurance with no staff to man the hospitals or clinics bobby.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:23 am

Hampshire county councillor charged with fraudulently receiving £32,000 in benefits

Tory councillor George Ringrow has appeared in Fareham Magistrates Court, accused of two counts relating to dishonestly failing to notify authorities of changes of circumstances affecting his entitlement to benefits. He is accused of failing to notify changes of circumstances surrounding pension credits he allegedly received between May 11 2009 and April 1 2015, when he was allegedly also receiving an occupational pension. The case was adjourned to Portsmouth Crown Court on March 7 when he is expected to enter a plea.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14251306.Senior_politician_accused_of___32_000_benefit_fraud/
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:48 am

What the betting that this will disappear into the air Ivan, if this was joe bloggs he/she would be behind bars and the right wing press would have it splashed it across there front page Ivan.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:12 pm

David Cameron's father and senior Tory figures named in 'Panama Papers' leak

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2) - Page 11 Camero10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfLsjDhWwAANLMn.jpg

Yes, the hypocrite Cameron said “tax dodging is morally wrong” when referring to Jimmy Carr, but not in the case of Tory donor Gary Barlow OBE. And not no doubt in the case of his late father.

The ‘Panama Papers’ have revealed that Cameron’s father stashed his money (much of which originally came into the family via the slave trade) in the same tax haven as the one used by the Brink’s Mat robbers (Heathrow, 1983). Tory peers Michael Ashcroft and Pamela Sharples have also been named in the latest scandal, as has former Tory MP Michael Mates, who had links with the fraudster and Tory donor Asil Nadir, even sending him a watch inscribed with the words “don’t let the buggers grind you down”.

Cameron is due to host a major summit to discuss the issue of offshore tax havens in May. More than half of the 300,000 firms listed in these papers as Mossack Fonseca clients were registered in British-administered tax havens. Shadow chancellor John McDonnell has said: “The ‘Panama Papers’ revelations are extremely serious. Cameron promised and has failed to end tax secrecy and crack down on ‘morally unacceptable’ offshore schemes, real action is now needed.”

More details:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-father-and-senior-tory-figures-named-in-panama-papers-leak-a6967116.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-camerons-dad-top-tories-7684150
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:56 pm

Imagine what The Sun and Daily Mail might now be saying if Corbyn had been found to have bought a hundred quid's worth of Premium Bonds in somebody else's name.

The mere association of Cameron's family with this latest revelation can only weaken his credibility and authority when seeking to defend the 'all in this together' myth - it also weakens others' regular and increasingly- desperate defence of him.

Slowly but surely the truth emerges about just how morally corrupt this oily and devious Prime Monster actually is...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:20 pm

The ironic thing, to me, is that this information isn't exactly new - I think we all knew already that Cameron's family fortune was not built on honest toil.

I guess I'm just wondering about the timing of these revelations ----
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 pm

Always enjoy an opportunity to post this:

David Cameron’s personal wealth is put at £3.2 million, but if his fortune is combined with that of Samantha Cameron, it amounts to over £30 million. David Cameron is descended from King William IV through the King’s illegitimate daughter, Lady Elizabeth FitzClarence; Debrett’s Peerage describes Cameron as the fifth cousin, twice removed of the Queen. He attended Heatherdown private preparatory school in Berkshire, along with Princes Andrew and Edward. ‘When the young Cameron was due to attend a job interview at Conservative Central Office, a phone call was received from Buckingham Palace. “I understand you are to see David Cameron,” said the caller. “I am ringing to tell you that you are about to meet a truly remarkable young man.”’ . Prince Charles and David Cameron are members of White’s, the most aristocratic of London’s gentlemen’s clubs. Samantha Cameron is descended from Nell Gwyn, mistress to King Charles II, and her stepfather is Viscount Astor, also a member of White’s. Samantha Cameron’s father is the eighth Baronet Sir Reginald Sheffield whose family crest is a boar’s head framed by two arrows. He owns 3,000 acres of Lincolnshire. One of Samantha Cameron’s ancestors was John Sheffield, Duke of Buckingham, who had Buckingham Palace built, before the family sold it to George III.

David Cameron, like his father and grandfather before him, went to Eton school, costing £23,000 a year. Both father and grandfather were senior partners for the stockbrokers Panmure Gordon. After leaving Oxford University, David Cameron went to Hong Kong to work for Jardine Matheson, a conglomerate with interests throughout Asia and links to Rothschild’s merchant bank. His great-great grandfather, Sir Ewan Cameron, made a fortune selling war bonds with Rothchilds during the 1904-05 Russo-Japanese war. The Cameron’s ancestral home is Blairmore House in Aberdeenshire. Samantha Cameron’s father owns both the estate in Lincolnshire and Sutton Park, near York, which is open to the public.

What did Cameron really mean when he said 'we're all in it together'........
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:46 am

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:21 am

The people of Iceland are rising up in disgust. We just sit here moaning. Oh to be young enough to march on Downing Street and demand action, because our government is the problem and we need to take it down.
sassy
sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:15 pm

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2) - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0JzPmep7XFHhnh2a32uOktRc-yGvn9pZgo10jnPRgr1P94rKg(mirror)

" But tell me honestly - do I really look like a shifty toff who would have any financial fiddles on the go, or who couldn't safely be left alone with a pig..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:57 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2) - Page 11 Empty We're all in this together

Post by oftenwrong Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:50 am

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:21 pm

oftenwrong. Aaargh! Did you see the author of one of the comments underneath that article?  afraid
brown boots1, london, United Kingdom
Boo hoo.. sob......Please sir, he`s got more than me.......
On the other hand, 'The Daily Mail' won't let me post this comment, I can't imagine why......  scratch
"In any case, the prime minister cannot be held responsible for his late father’s financial decisions."
No, but unlike Ralph Miliband, Ian Cameron hated Britain so much that he avoided paying his taxes here.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:41 pm

brown boots1

I am arranging to visit my doctor to see if there is any inoculation available... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:54 pm

Very Happy Laughing
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:09 pm

In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Spirit of the Law

From an article by Jess Phillips MP:-

"Cameron pays his taxes. What does he want, a round of applause? Tory MPs took to Twitter to almost congratulate a man for saying he pays tax. What a guy, what a hero. Am I missing something? Applauding such mediocrity seems unusual. Are we now to expect celebrations because he can tie his shoe laces or that he can grow hair? He's not a toddler, he's the sodding PM.

So Cameron's dad didn't pay his fair share of taxes. The sins of Cameron's dad are not his fault. True, but the government are no strangers to damning the children of people who they think aren't doing their bit for society. The Tories want taxpayers to hate people on benefits and be annoyed that we are paying for their lifestyle.

The sins of Daddy Cameron were not illegal but they are utterly disgusting. They are worse than the sins of fathers up and down the country who can't find work, even the most feckless amongst them. The Camerons may well have forked out for education and health services, but it was my money that trained the doctors, nurses and teachers they used. Every time Cameron Snr drove his car on a public highway, every day when there was a pavement outside his house and a regular bin collection, he took money from you, the nation's honest taxpayers, without seeing fit to put his hand in his pocket.

Cameron doesn't need our praise for paying his tax. He's not a very clever boy, he's a very average boy who used privilege rather than brains to get where he got. Perhaps we could all buy our babies a better life if only we weren't burdened with being decent human beings
."

For the whole article:-
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jess-phillips/david-cameron-taxes_b_9622288.html
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Yes
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:06 pm

I wonder why he did this?  scratch

Cameron personally intervened to weaken an EU drive to reveal the beneficiaries of trusts, creating a possible loophole that other European nations warned could be exploited by tax evaders. He wrote to Herman van Rompuy, then president of the European Council, to argue that trusts widely used for inheritance planning in Britain should win special treatment in an EU law to tackle money laundering.

The source is now behind this paywall:-
http://app.ft.com/cms/s/0e7c0a20-fc17-11e5-b5f5-070dca6d0a0d.html
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Excellent posts and links, Ivan.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:07 am

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:35 pm

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2) - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsVxZImirHCGk8NMbcZ2gKpG4MyUDcv9jvRsDxq70xg_ZL19Lz(blog.politics.ox.ac.uk)
" What a bloody awful week - not a terrorist attack, plane crash or natural disaster to divert attention from my ..er...little oversight..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Is 4 days enough time for HMRC or others to create a tax history for the past 8 years or so?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:27 pm

While all the news was about the Crimeministers woes about tax it was slipped out that the British Tax payer was providing a 'Special Adviser' to Mrs C.........

Sam Cam's £53,000-a-year 'special advisor' paid by taxpayers to keep her looking glam

Samantha Cameron's 'special advisor' organises her wardrobe and diary
Former model Rosie Lyburn's £53,000-a-year salary paid for by taxpayer
The job role has been slammed by Labour MPs as a 'vanity appointment'

Ms Lyburn is married to Peter Lyburn, who stood unsuccessfully as the Conservative candidate for Perth and North Perthshire in 2010.

Ms Lyburn's appointment was quietly approved last year and is confirmed on No 10's register of special advisers, which states that her civil servant's salary is in Pay Band 1, or up to £52,999 per year.
A Downing Street spokesman declined to provide further details.
At the latest count, the Government had 92 special advisers on its books, whose combined wages cost the taxpayer £8.4 million per year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3529392/Sam-Cam-s-special-advisor-paid-taxpayers.html#ixzz45EltWFo8

Good week to bury news?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:33 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:39 am

He's got a point - if you told that many lies about a benefit claim, you'd likely be in jail
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:45 pm

If anybody thinks that a person's tax return is a full and transparent account of that person's financial dealings then they are very foolish indeed. Cameron and his cohorts in legitimised theft depend on public ignorance and foolishness to get away with their hypocritical tax dodging.....stealing money from public services - health, education, transport, housing, arts, welfare, etc whilst simultaneously having the barefaced cheek to impose austerity and cuts on the rest of us; but, if you vote Green, Ukip, SNP, LIBDEM you get what you deserve - a Tory government.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:05 pm

sickchip wrote:-
If anybody thinks that a person's tax return is a full and transparent account of that person's financial dealings then they are very foolish indeed.
Exactly. If you've hidden your money, you won't be paying tax on it! And in any case, Cameron didn't publish his actual tax return, just some details put together by his accountants.

if you vote Green, Ukip, SNP, LIBDEM you get what you deserve - a Tory government.
That’s true to a point, but only if your vote was ‘wasted’, in that it didn’t get someone from one of those parties elected. For example, if all those 56 constituencies which elected an SNP MP had returned Labour ones instead, the Tories would still have won 331 seats and have a majority of 12. However, if you voted for the Lib Dems in Morley and Outwood, your candidate didn’t win but you allowed a Tory to defeat Ed Balls by just 422 votes. And then of course we have the 34% of the electorate who didn’t bother to vote at all.

Since the Second World War, the Tories have never had fewer than 165 seats and Labour has always had at least 209. In effect that means that 374 of the 650 MPs (soon to be reduced to 600 by Tory gerrymandering) never change hands, and if you don’t support the party which always wins in those constituencies, you are effectively disfranchised.

I’ve never voted for the winner of a seat in a general election. What we clearly need is proportional representation, so that everyone’s vote can count. The system could and should have been changed by Blair and Brown (the late Robin Cook was a strong advocate of PR), and the Lib Dems could have insisted on it as a condition for making their pact with the devil. But perhaps the greatest scandal (as I struggle to make this relevant to the thread!) is that not only are the Tories committed to our archaic FPTP voting ad infinitum, but they are doing their damnedest to fix the system with boundary changes, restrictions on political donations from trade unions, EVEL, individual voter registration and cuts to 'Short Money', meaning that it will probably be difficult for any party to be in a position to change things in the near future.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:37 pm

The Minister is thrilled to learn he has been selected to play Dick Whittingdale in this year's Tory Pantomime - book now!

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2) - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtrtoCNTsT1jklvERFjia4TIp0vMz7tsq4CgIZnq1_qSBCV-oyJg(thesun)
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:13 am

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri May 27, 2016 9:27 pm

West Ham's £12,500 donation to the Conservative Party raises 'serious questions' over 'dubious stadium deal'

From an article by Cristina Criddle:-

West Ham United are facing questions over their new stadium, after it emerged that the club donated £12,500 to the Conservative Party. The money, listed in the Electoral Commission's register, was given on January 14.

The Premier League team's vice chairman and Tory peer, Karren Brady, attended the party's annual black and white ball with club co-owner David Gold a month later. The taxpayer will foot most of the bill for the Olympic Stadium deal, paying for stadium costs down to goal posts and corner flags, at a price of £272 million - of which just £15 million will be paid by West Ham.

Barry Hearn, the former chairman of Leyton Orient who fought West Ham's proposals at the time, was hugely critical of the terms of the deal last month, telling the BBC: "It's a hugely beneficial deal to West Ham and good luck to them. I can't say the same for the LLDC who should go back to negotiation school. My dog could have negotiated a better deal for the taxpayer." Karren Brady said the Olympic Stadium deal was good for the taxpayer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/27/west-hams-12500-donation-to-the-conservative-party-raises-seriou/
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next