Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dying of cancer

+4
Ivan
boatlady
oftenwrong
stuart torr
8 posters

Go down

Dying of cancer Empty Dying from cancer

Post by stuart torr Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:07 pm

Bringing everyone up to date on this forum,I have been diagnosed as having incurable Cancer,on top of all the other medical problems that I have that have me on invalidity benefit,low rate,and now this new PIP BENEFIT Has reached Nottingham also,so I have had to make a claim for that also,and if I fail I get no benefits at all. Now that I do not understand why I will get no benefits at all,but that is what I was told on the phone when making my claim. Fortunately my GP filled out the neccessary form for my invalidity benefit for me and posted it in for me,as he understands them better.
According to my latest tests,it does not look as though I will live past christmas,so it is my final hurrah folks..xx
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Dying of cancer Empty Re: Dying of cancer

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:16 pm

"It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings", Stu.

I thought you knew that!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:37 pm

The amount of blood that I cough up each day OW, IS ON THE INCREASE i'm afraid my friend,and I just cannot sleep at night due to the pain,I need to see someone with regards pain relief as I need a stronger one which will be morphine I believe OW.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:54 pm

You know OW, you are the only poster to have answered my post telling everyone that I am dying, very nice of you my friend,should I have put it on a seperate thread do you think?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Dying of cancer Empty Dying of cancer

Post by stuart torr Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Well my friends,It has come to the time now where I have to inform you all that i've been diagnosed of incurable cancer, and the results except one to come show that it does not look as though I will live past christmas.
I am not too worried about death,the only thing that is bothering me at this moment in time is not seeing my daughter grow up into the lovely young lady that I know she will be,and also helping her pass her exams to go to college,which I have saved so much money for,as she is so clever already. Sad Sad
I have one more test to undergo a bronchoscopy,which should tell me almost exactly how long I have left on this murky world of ours,as I have seen the x-rays etc on computer screen and seen where all my growths are?shocked even myself an ex nurse who was use to looking at things like that. afraid so there you have it friends,one thing that I do wish for you all,is that you never get it as bad as I have.love Stu--xx---
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:33 pm

This is very sad news Stu, and I feel sure there must be many things at present that you regret and feel sad about.

It's difficult for anyone to know how to respond to such news from a friend and I'm sure others on the forum would join me in expressing our sympathy at this difficult time.

It's maybe worth remembering though, that the doctors can usually only make an educated guess about the progress of your illness - it may be that you will prove them wrong and have much longer than anticipated. They say the best way to live your life is as if every day may be your last - to me, this would mean trying to finish every day with the confidence that I have taken full advantage of every opportunity to make myself and others around me happy. Take the chance to tell people you love them - take the chance to forgive any harm that has been done to you - revel in the company of your beautiful daughter and maybe think about writing a letter to the even more beautiful woman she will become.

I hope you will have the support of the MacMillan nurses and that your friends will rally round and help you with any practical tasks you are finding hard to manage - and you do of course have access to your imaginary friends on the forum here.
Take care of yourself and try to enjoy every day
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:41 pm

Stu, this reply serves also for your other thread. The amount of support available is considerable. Not only Macmillan, but also this service: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our thoughts are with you, but don't ignore the practical help offered by people in your locality.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Thank-you boatlady and OW,I am just going to check the link out OW, thanks.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:17 pm

I know you meant well OW, but your link led me to a hospice that looked after people who have cancer and were going into a hospice,which my friend I do not intend to do.ALL The people in the link also were elderly,which I am not yet also my friend. Laughing Laughing Laughing It was a good idea though OW.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:09 pm

stu. Did you see this link?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think boatlady has said it all beautifully. I’m sure everyone who is a member of this forum will feel desperately sorry after reading your awful news.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Well Ivan I have loved this forum more than I can express honestly,because of it's honesty and truthfulness and friendship,all of which make you feel at home straight away.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxcliffe Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:29 am

Hiya Stu. I hope you are not feeling too bad today and had a good night's sleep. How did it go trying to get hold of the diamorphine?
Foxcliffe
Foxcliffe

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:58 am

Have not got it yet Foxcliffe but will do sooner or later thanks.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:55 pm

Foxcliffe I do not recognise your user name from Amazon my friend,I hope you enjoy posting on here more than you did on the other forum,I like the politics thread and so does Sheldon.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxcliffe Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:18 pm

You won't Stu, my Amazon username reflects my shopping account and is nonsensical.  We have spoken but I didn't reveal it above because I have acquired a stalker over there who also has an account over here. This 'nom de plume' is the one I typically use for fora and derives from the name applied to a stretch of underpass at the foot of the cliff I live atop of.

I haven't met Sheldon but hope, at some stage, to meet up with any or all of the Amazon exiles Wink

Hope you and yours are enjoying a sunny evening.
Foxcliffe
Foxcliffe

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Well you are safe on here from stalkers Foxcliffe,because if you are stalked they are soon thrown off the forum by the moderators OK.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Something moderators can be guaranteed to object to are private conversations on public threads. Hopefully, once Foxcliffe has posted 10 messages on this forum, all one-to-one discussions involving him can be enjoyed via the personal messaging system. Thank you.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxcliffe Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:09 pm

Therein lies the difference between a chat site and a discussion forum - duly noted Ivan, thank you.
Foxcliffe
Foxcliffe

Back to top Go down

Post by moonbeam Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Stu, I don't really know you at all, but I am still sorry to read this news. I hope that the doctors are able to keep you as comfortable as possible in regards to pain. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
moonbeam
moonbeam
Administrator (Security & Presentation)

http://notmsnmoney.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:57 pm

Check in if you feel so inclined, Stu. There's guys getting away with murder on here with their funny ideas, and no-one's putting them straight. doh
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:09 pm

There seems a very strong possibility that our friend Stuart Torr has passed away - sooner than I think any of us were expecting.

If you follow the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it takes you to Stu Torr's Facebook page - the information there seems to be what we know of Stu, and there is a picture of a dog who I think must be Tula.

This is sad news, but I guess we must feel glad that his experience of Cutting Edge was on the whole such a positive one, where he felt he had made some real friends.

Last edited by boatlady on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxcliffe Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:51 pm

We can, at least, take some consolation from the fact that Stu had put in place an arrangement for the Cinnamon Trust to organise a suitable adoption for Tula.
Foxcliffe
Foxcliffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:43 pm

I have only today come across this thread.

It was obviously shocking and sad news - made even more so by boatlady's information.

I guess we are all a little sombre today...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:34 pm

People are dying in the wrong order.

There will be an official one minute silence at Noon on Friday as a mark of respect for those who lost their lives on a beach in Tunisie; and of course anyone else we might wish to remember.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:48 pm

A fitting suggestion.

RIP Stuart Torr...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:28 pm

I had known stu through the Amazon forum, and through this one. He was thoroughly decent man, who had struggled with some adversity and illness in his life, and yet tried his best to always keep a hopeful and optimistic outlook.

Like everyone else I am shocked at how quickly his illness has taken him, and hope he didn't suffer, I will miss him very much.

I know that stu made some provisions at least for his pet dog, and it's reassuring at least to know that he had the opportunity to get his affairs in order.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down