Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost and found: rare Paul Revere print rediscovered

4 posters

Go down

Lost and found: rare Paul Revere print rediscovered Empty Lost and found: rare Paul Revere print rediscovered

Post by Scarecrow Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Brown University announced this week that it had found a rare engraved print by Revere, one of only five in existence. The print was tucked inside an old medical book that had been donated by physician Solomon Drowne, a member of Brown University's class of 1773.

Lost and found: rare Paul Revere print rediscovered Pr ( C ) Brown University.

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/15/150630478/lost-and-found-rare-paul-revere-print-rediscovered?ft=3&f=1001,1003,1004,1090
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Lost and found: rare Paul Revere print rediscovered Empty Re: Lost and found: rare Paul Revere print rediscovered

Post by oftenwrong Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Next week: The Turin shroud
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Lost and found: rare Paul Revere print rediscovered Empty Re: Lost and found: rare Paul Revere print rediscovered

Post by Ivan Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:29 pm

So what exactly are we meant to discuss? This is hardly a suitable subject for a new thread, in my opinion.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:41 pm

Scarecrow,

You can post whatever you wish to so long as it doesn't violate the the rules. Your post did not. Therefore, feel free.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:12 am

You can post whatever you wish to so long as it doesn't violate the rules. Your post did not.
It doesn’t exactly comply with them either. Six posting rules appear every time that someone decides to start a new thread. They include the requirement “to post some comments of your own aimed at stimulating discussion”, that “in most cases the best title for a thread will be a question” (since it’s usually best to ask members something if you want a response), and to post the topic on the most suitable board. Why this started on the religion board is anyone’s guess.

As I said previously, I can’t see what there is to discuss, other than the suitability of this item as an opening post, and more than likely it will end up as yet another thread which doesn’t take off. Let’s hope the members now prove me wrong!
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks for the input Shirina , in my haste to post I did not as can be seen include any comment ,
So what exactly are we meant to discuss? states Ivan , well anything regarding the said post , even negative comment on the said item , but to preempt future posts with the I can’t see what there is to discuss, . A person could write a thousand words on the subject of a picture of a black board , yet presented with a visual picture of a carving , you seem to loose the power of a written articulate response , good or bad , your opinion on the carving would have stood you in better stead than the response of nothing to discuss.

Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down