Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead

+2
trevorw2539
Greatest I am
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead - Page 2 Empty Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead

Post by Greatest I am Thu May 03, 2012 12:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eoxt1hRm9c&feature=fvst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The Jews, the true authority and interpreters of Eden, saw mankind’s gain of knowledge as an elevation in their struggle to understand God. Israel [as understood by Hebrews, = he strives with God]. Strive can be read as to mean to work either with or against. Jews equated God more with a source of knowledge than a source of command that must be obeyed. This is shown by archetypal Moses ignoring God’s law of divorce.

Being a Gnostic Christian, my view goes to following the Jewish view for two basic reasons. They have more authority over the O. T. than Christians and secondly, they give our creation, beginning and God a happy ending for our passage through Eden. True evil had yet to manifest itself to that point in time.

Christians on the other hand, with their view of Eden as man’s fall, cannot see a perfect heaven without evil. God fails on this issue and admits it by casting Satan out.

Christians cannot see a perfect Eden on earth without evil. God fails on this issue and admits it by casting Adam and Eve out.

In Noah’s day, God repented from his sins. He missed the mark and admits it by destroying most of mankind and animal kind with an immoral genocide. God fails on this issue as well.

Did the Jews win in their striving against God to a point where they could judge him?
I think so thanks to Moses and the divorce laws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

We cannot today know why Christianity reversed some of the Jewish thinking when embracing the O. T. and it’s God and going from man’s elevation to man’s fall.

Should Christians consider following that good Jewish example and do as other cultures have done as shown by Joseph Campbell and seek a messiah the way most Jews do?

If not, then Christians will have to learn to live in a world where their God can be accurately described like this.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Dawkins and most Jews call the bible fiction. Jews can thus get around this accurate description of God by just admitting the truth. It is all myth and metaphor. Literalist and fundamental Christians cannot and I think that over time this rather ugly God will kill Christianity.

At one time the Christian God of the gaps may have had a role to play for us but man has moved on. Christians should perhaps do the same and seek their true God.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead - Page 2 Empty Re: Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead

Post by Greatest I am Sat May 05, 2012 2:31 am

trevorw2539 wrote:

If the Bible is all myth and metaphor, then they have authority over what?

]

Others have spoken well to your other points so I chose this.

Jews have more authority in understanding whatever they wrote for their own culture and peoples because they were talking of their own oral history.

Christians had no authority FMPOV to reverse any of the conclusions that Jews came up with.

As to the historicity of those myths, I offer this one of many scholarly works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP5LdELd_0o&feature=gv

A book of history does not begin with two creation myths and two flood myths as well as a talking snake.
This tells me that it is a book of myths with some disjointed history thrown in.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead - Page 2 Empty Re: Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead

Post by Greatest I am Sat May 05, 2012 2:38 am

RockOnBrother wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
I do appreciate the offer though but since I read all scriptures as myth, even knowing the exact language would not necessarily tell me what the writer meant. I prefer to do the Midrash thing and look for deeper meaning instead of the exact language.

Genesis 1:1 awaits whenever you’ve garnered sufficient “stuff” to (1) blank slate” your mind, and (2) exposit and analyze prior to interpreting and concluding.

I stand ready to discuss and discourse upon Genesis 1:1 with you at that time.

As a Gnostic Christian, I am ready to look at any story from a variety of positions and that is as close to a blank mind as I get.

I am just not interested in learning a new language to do it.
I gave you that link to I am that I am to show how useless that learning exercise would be.

Looks like we will have to find something else to chat about. A shame as I think it would be interesting.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 am

There is a total omission from the Bible of the contemporary culture known to us by the remains of Stone Circles such as Stonehenge and Calanish which must suggest a powerful religious movement contemporaneous with the Life of Christ.

What else might be missing?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sat May 05, 2012 12:53 pm

oftenwrong wrote:There is a total omission from the Bible of the contemporary culture known to us by the remains of Stone Circles such as Stonehenge and Calanish which must suggest a powerful religious movement contemporaneous with the Life of Christ.

The winners write the history.

Hitler burned books and so did Constantines church right after he bought it. They also killed many Gnostics and others of the various Christian sects but they did not get them all and much of what was has resurfaced. Tyranny is not good at genocide. Some of the enemy always escape.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat May 05, 2012 6:49 pm

They fixed the Library at Alexandria though. Who knows what we might have been worshipping if that had survived?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sat May 05, 2012 8:02 pm

oftenwrong wrote:They fixed the Library at Alexandria though. Who knows what we might have been worshipping if that had survived?

Have you seen the movie Agora?
It shows the destruction of the library by the new Christians.
I'm not sure just how historic it is but it shows Christians at their usual immorality.

Then again, I do not expect much in morals from a religion based on human sacrifice and a God that has his son needlessly murdered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbuEhwselE0

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat May 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Shirina. quote.

Yet even Biblical archaeologists admit that they will never find Jesus's resurrection in an archaeological dig. Proving certain historical facts in the Bible does not prove that the religion surrounding it is true. Story-writers of all stripes have used real places and real people in their works of fiction.

All I did was answer the assertion that the Bible was all myths and metaphors, by pointing out the proveable places, events etc in it. As I've always maintained, religious belief is a matter of faith.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat May 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Greatest.quote

I'm not sure just how historic it is but it shows Christians at their usual immorality.

No-one knows how the Library burnt down. I haven't seen the film, but I guess it is based on one theory, amongst many. One that conveniently lays the blame at the door of the Christians, rather that another theory that Julius Caesar or his men accidentally set it on fire, or the one that Omar, Caliph of Baghdad did it when Alexandria surrendered to his army. (The last being the most unlikely). Other theories exist.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sat May 05, 2012 10:21 pm

trevorw2539 wrote:Shirina. quote.

Yet even Biblical archaeologists admit that they will never find Jesus's resurrection in an archaeological dig. Proving certain historical facts in the Bible does not prove that the religion surrounding it is true. Story-writers of all stripes have used real places and real people in their works of fiction.

All I did was answer the assertion that the Bible was all myths and metaphors, by pointing out the proveable places, events etc in it. As I've always maintained, religious belief is a matter of faith.

Faith without facts is for fools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPAC_cGVnUg&feature=related

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 pm

trevorw2539 wrote:Greatest.quote

No-one knows how the Library burnt down. I haven't seen the film, but I guess it is based on one theory, amongst many. One that conveniently lays the blame at the door of the Christians, rather that another theory that Julius Caesar or his men accidentally set it on fire, or the one that Omar, Caliph of Baghdad did it when Alexandria surrendered to his army. (The last being the most unlikely). Other theories exist.

Why is it any more convenient about blaming Christians than blaming anyone else ?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat May 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Greatest quote.

Why is it any more convenient about blaming Christians than blaming anyone else ?

Assuming I'm right about the film, and knowing the theories, it is more commercially 'convenient' to blame the Christians. On top of that if anything is wrong 'blame the Christians'. Read these threads.Smile Including yours.

I know. I've been a fool for decades.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat May 05, 2012 11:29 pm

oftenwrong wrote:There is a total omission from the Bible of the contemporary culture known to us by the remains of Stone Circles such as Stonehenge and Calanish which must suggest a powerful religious movement contemporaneous with the Life of Christ.

I assume you jest?

In case not. There is no reference to 'China' though it is known. A very brief reference to India, though not under that name, no reference to the cultures on the coasts of Africa down which Egyptian, Israeli and Arab ships sailed, apart from Ethiopia/Sudan. No reference to much of North Africa.

So why an obscure religion on an obscure island in northern Europe. On the limits of the Roman Empire. On what grounds is the 'religious movement powerful'. Given the fact that it was built in about 3 stages over many centuries, its relatively isolated position, and the transport limited to foot, or cart if afforded. Pockets of types of monuments a spread around, but surely with the diversity of peoples and dispersion would limit things a bit.

Christianity started slowly and accelerated because it was in the middle of a civilisation.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 06, 2012 11:16 am

All valid points, but there seems to be no ready explanation for the overwhelming adoption of Christianity here, when there was clearly some kind of well-established home-grown religious belief. Did the Romans totally capture the hearts and minds of the Belgae, Durotriges, Iceni, and Silures tribes of Britain who already had strong traditions of Druidic worship?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Sun May 06, 2012 11:47 am

So tell me, this Godhead - is it a big head?
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sun May 06, 2012 1:53 pm

trevorw2539 wrote:Greatest quote.

Assuming I'm right about the film, and knowing the theories, it is more commercially 'convenient' to blame the Christians. On top of that if anything is wrong 'blame the Christians'. Read these threads.Smile Including yours.

I know. I've been a fool for decades.

In this too it seems. If you were right, there would not be so many films blaming Eastern block, non-Christians. The enemy in most plots are almost never WASP, Catholics or white.

It is almost taboo for Western movies to blame Christians for anything.

Your mind set seems to have closed your eyes to reality.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sun May 06, 2012 7:25 pm

oftenwrong wrote:All valid points, but there seems to be no ready explanation for the overwhelming adoption of Christianity here, when there was clearly some kind of well-established home-grown religious belief. Did the Romans totally capture the hearts and minds of the Belgae, Durotriges, Iceni, and Silures tribes of Britain who already had strong traditions of Druidic worship?

I have little knowledge of the Druids. I believe they were 'suppressed' in 'France' by the Romans. I think that the coming of the Romans to Britain, with changing customs and 'political' re-organisation helped. Most of the 'druidic tribes' were conquered by the end of the 1st century by the Romans. The Romans captured the people rather than their hearts. Christianity took hold in Britain much later than this.

That's the sum total of my knowledge of the druids
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sun May 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Greatest. Quote

It is almost taboo for Western movies to blame Christians for anything

Wouldn't know. Not a film buff. I do know however that in this country to make fun of Christianity is fair game. Seem to remember a film called 'Life of Brian', a satire based on Christianity.
Just as a matter of curiosity I've just looked up the film on the web. It is as I thought. A good story, factual, though some criticism that the 'facts' are not altogether 'facts', and no mention of the current unrest in Alexandria between other factions, not Christian. And it was not the Library of Alexandria that was burnt. It was a Temple (Serapa) which stored some books from the Library.

The press, books, TV and documentaries in this country don't have any problem criticising Christianity.
I understand from Shirina things are different in the US. I don't know where you are from, and don't need too

Greatest quote

Great. So now you know my mind. Good for you.

I have no intention of descending into tit-for-tat insults. Good luck.

trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon May 07, 2012 1:58 am

I understand from Shirina things are different in the US.
People criticize Christianity as often as one might expect, but there isn't a runaway train loaded with criticism roaring across the country. Unfortunately, I think there needs to be. I believe that American Christians really need to look at itself and redress what their values are. In other words, Christianity should begin to criticize itself. Christianity has become increasingly fascistic in this nation moving back and forth between gays and women as targets of persecution and discrimination. However, those who are trying to make Christianity the law of the land will find themselves ostracized in a democracy. I loathe to use this term, but people really are "waking up" to what these religious zealots want to do.

Being Christian is one thing, forcing everyone else to adhere to Christianity is something else entirely. In our democratic republic, it will be nigh impossible to win office without the female vote, and the Republican party and ultra-conservatives have lost the support of women. Romney is down 19 points to Obama, mainly because of a massive push by Republicans all over the country to limit or deny women access to reproductive health services ... all because they're trying to eliminate abortion through backdoor methods.

There are preachers across the land who still harp on things like women wearing pants, pursuing careers, and even voting. Ann Coulter, I may have mentioned, said on national television that women should be denied the right to vote ... although this has more to do with hamstringing the Democrat party than with religion. Speaking of that, the conservative (religion) backed Republican party is no stranger to using disgusting underhanded tactics to keep certain demographics from voting. For instance, they protested at having polling stations at universities (since most college students are liberal) and during the Kerry-Bush election in 2004, they even handed out fliers to the poor (who vote Democrat) with the wrong address deliberately printed on them.

Going back to Christianity, well, somewhere along the line many Christians in this country lost the plot. They are slowly but inevitably turning Christianity into something medieval, focusing on fear, hell, judgment, and sin rather than tolerance, love, respect, and reciprocity. They claim to believe in Jesus, but they pay little heed to his teachings. Instead, they espouse the Old Testament God who was all about wrath, killing, obedience, and servitude. Christianity in America needs to get a hold of itself, rein itself in, since our nation was not founded on religious fascism. Lady Liberty standing in New York Harbor has a plaque at her base which reads, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

It does not say anything about having to be Christian.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 2:06 am

Shirina wrote:
Going back to Christianity, well, somewhere along the line many Christians in this country lost the plot.

What is the plot? Serious question.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon May 07, 2012 2:25 am

What is the plot? Serious question.
You would know it better than I, but was Christianity ever meant to be a hammer used to crush the freedoms of everyone else? If America can ever regard itself as a free nation, then we cannot have religious decrees dictating our government nor can we legislate Christian morality.

Look how much emphasis is being placed on abortion and gays .... instead of charity, love, respect, tolerance, and compassion. Even the damned Pope told a group of nuns here in the US that they were spending too much time on charity and not enough time on fighting against gays (LINK). You have the Catholic Church holding the poor and the vulnerable as hostages in order to keep gays in the closet (LINK). In addition, these ultra-conservatives who blather on about their faith are the same folks who are all for cutting social programs and sending people back to poorhouses. They want to stop abortion while simultaneously wanting to stop government assistance for mothers who are simply too young or too poor (often both) to properly raise a child (LINK).

But perhaps this, above all, is what I find despicable ... where Christianity has lost the plot:

The video: A North Carolina pastor, Sean Harris, is facing an angry backlash after telling members of his flock to punch their sons if they show signs of being gay. In a Sunday sermon at Berean Baptist Church in Fayatteville, Harris said: "The second you see your son dropping that limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist." Harris, who was preaching on marriage ahead of next week's state-wide vote on the Amendment One gay-marriage ban, continued: "Man up. Give him a good punch." After his words were posted on several blogs (see the clip below), Harris apologized for his comments, saying he was making a misguided attempt to be funny. "What I do stand by is that the word of God makes it clear that effeminate behavior is ungodly," Harris said. "I'm not going to compromise on that." (LINK)

In addition to advocating child abuse, this guy makes me sick. So what if a son is effeminate? I can't stand pricks like this who are essentially saying that femininity is "weak" and thus unworthy for a male to behave in any way feminine. I'll give that pastor a good punch ... perhaps someone should walk around giving him a punch every time he says something stupid. I'd pay top dollar to be that person.

Sure, this pastor is now retracting his statement - or trying to - but everyone with a brain knows he meant what he said. He is only retracting it now because of the bad press and PR his statements are receiving. And he isn't the only one:

The notorious gay-bashing bigot Pastor Ken Hutcherson is in league with NOM in Washington State, spreading anti-gay lies, attempting to strip gay human beings of rights, and inciting to anti-gay violence. Hutcherson recently told KCTS television that just as two parents with belts can beat the criminal gene out of their offspring, “discipline . . . removes the gay gene.”(LINK)

Is this what Christ teaches us to do?
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 3:29 am

Shirina wrote:
You would know it better than I, but was Christianity ever meant to be a hammer used to crush the freedoms of everyone else?

No. Short answer. I can “blank slate” it, if you like, and start where Jesus starts. Serious offer.

Regarding fathers’ responsibilities to their children:

And, you fathers, provoke not your children to wrath, but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:4

Last edited by RockOnBrother on Mon May 07, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon May 07, 2012 10:11 am

Shirina. Thanks for your reply.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon May 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Isn't there evidence to suggest Jesus was gay?
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon May 07, 2012 1:44 pm

sickchip wrote:Isn't there evidence to suggest Jesus was gay?

Ask Dan Brown. According to him Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married. Smile
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 pm

sickchip wrote:
Isn't there evidence to suggest Jesus was gay?

No.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon May 07, 2012 5:12 pm

sickchip wrote:Isn't there evidence to suggest Jesus was gay?

Long hair, sickchip. Liked to party (water-into-wine/miracle food on request). No apparent source of income. Lots of "followers". In trouble with authority, and a rebel against the system .... Peace and Love ....

Sounds like the first hippy, sickchip, don't you think?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon May 07, 2012 6:29 pm

OW quote.
No apparent source of income.(water-into-wine/miracle food on request

5 furkhins of wine at 10 shekels a furkhin.
5000 bread and fish sandwiches at 1 shekel each.
300 fish from Sea of Galilee at 1/2 shekel each.

Co-partner in his family carpentry business. Wink

All receipts verified by Auditor Rabbi Kosha Iceberg, specialists in frozen assets.

trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 pm

sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon May 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Hmmm. apologeticspress. Yeah!

In the late 1970s, there was a need to make available scripturally sound and scientifically accurate materials in apologetics among the churches of Christ. The idea for Apologetics Press was born—an idea that soon became a reality. The necessary legal steps then were taken to allow the work to be recognized as non-profit and tax-exempt by both State and Federal governments. In 1985, Apologetics Press moved into its own custom-built, 11,000-square-foot building that was debt free upon completion.

What an outfit! How do you find 'em, sickchip? Perhaps it's just an instinct.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Mon May 07, 2012 8:01 pm

trevorw2539 wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:All valid points, but there seems to be no ready explanation for the overwhelming adoption of Christianity here, when there was clearly some kind of well-established home-grown religious belief. Did the Romans totally capture the hearts and minds of the Belgae, Durotriges, Iceni, and Silures tribes of Britain who already had strong traditions of Druidic worship?

I have little knowledge of the Druids. I believe they were 'suppressed' in 'France' by the Romans. I think that the coming of the Romans to Britain, with changing customs and 'political' re-organisation helped. Most of the 'druidic tribes' were conquered by the end of the 1st century by the Romans. The Romans captured the people rather than their hearts. Christianity took hold in Britain much later than this.

They picked the Christian God for the same reason Constantine did. Because they thought that he was a good God of war.

Thttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_SSpQDpl4&feature=relatedhat's the sum total of my knowledge of the druids

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Mon May 07, 2012 8:10 pm

trevorw2539 wrote:Greatest. Quote

It is almost taboo for Western movies to blame Christians for anything

Wouldn't know. Not a film buff. I do know however that in this country to make fun of Christianity is fair game. Seem to remember a film called 'Life of Brian', a satire based on Christianity.
Just as a matter of curiosity I've just looked up the film on the web. It is as I thought. A good story, factual, though some criticism that the 'facts' are not altogether 'facts', and no mention of the current unrest in Alexandria between other factions, not Christian. And it was not the Library of Alexandria that was burnt. It was a Temple (Serapa) which stored some books from the Library.

The press, books, TV and documentaries in this country don't have any problem criticising Christianity.
I understand from Shirina things are different in the US. I don't know where you are from, and don't need too

Greatest quote

Great. So now you know my mind. Good for you.

I have no intention of descending into tit-for-tat insults. Good luck.

Chill buddy. I am Canadian and love all men. I just hate to see good minds wasted on fantasy, miracles and magic. If I wanted to truly insult you, I have a much better vocabulary for that in both official languages.

I am just following your bible and God in my trying to correct your poor thinking.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

I thank you for that information on the Library. I love to learn.

You are right on how the Brits do not venerate religions the way they do in the U S.
That is why my disappointment of your mind runs deep.
You, by your very location, should know better.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Mon May 07, 2012 8:23 pm

RockOnBrother wrote:
Shirina wrote:
You would know it better than I, but was Christianity ever meant to be a hammer used to crush the freedoms of everyone else?

No. Short answer. I can “blank slate” it, if you like, and start where Jesus starts. Serious offer.

Regarding fathers’ responsibilities to their children:

And, you fathers, provoke not your children to wrath, but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:4

Sounds good but the first thing your God asks for from Abraham is that his child be sacrificed to him. I know, I know, he did not go through with it but he asked for it.

Then again, as far as children go, he did have his own son murdered when there was absolutely no need for it.

Quite the exercise in a fathers responsibility to his child that.

Immoral as hell but that does not faze believers. They do not care if their God is a prick without morals.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon May 07, 2012 8:58 pm

greatest. quote.

For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

But then you are neither my father, or the Lord.

I just hate to see good minds wasted on fantasy, miracles and magic.

And I hate to see good minds wasted on seeking 'hidden meanings' in simple language. Your interpretation is no more valid than mine. In fact RoC has greater understanding in the interpretation of the language. He and I do not agree on many things, but I respect his grasp of the language.

The Bible is what it is. Written by ordinary men. No 'hidden' meanings. There are things we do not understand, but they are not hidden. We simply do not think as they thought. We are to far distant from their way of life.
They wrote sometimes of things they didn't really understand, so used the only words they could.

What do you think that the 'captain' of the Roman invasion force fleet would have written in AD43 if a nuclear submarine had risen from the deep, fired a missile at him and them disappeared into the deep.
He hadn't any science to explain the incident.
'A great monster rose from the deep sea and spat at us before sinking back under the waves'.

Fantasy, miracles and magic? You obviously do not know me.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
… first…

Ironically, the fifth word of text authored by you, “first”, is appropriate in its similarity to “beginning”, specifically b’r’shyth, in the beginning, the first word in the Hebrew Bible, found in this text:

“B’r’shyth bara Elohim et hashamayim ve’et ha’arets.”

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”

Genesis 1:1

Anytime.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Mon May 07, 2012 10:05 pm

RockOnBrother wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
… first…

Ironically, the fifth word of text authored by you, “first”, is appropriate in its similarity to “beginning”, specifically b’r’shyth, in the beginning, the first word in the Hebrew Bible, found in this text:

Anytime.

Straws at clutching...........pick one word and try and make it fit your ideas......
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue May 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Thanks.

Regards
DL

You’re welcome. Exposition/analysis of this text…

... awaits you as soon as you discipline yourself to participate with me in discussion and discourse designed to discern its deeper meanings.

I remain your servant in the LORD God YHVH Elohim and his beloved son Y’shua bar Yosef, called Y’shua Moshiach;

RockOnBrother
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue May 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Serve in silence. Laughing

I respect the Jews too much to butcher their language.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Serve in silence.

Whenever I can muster sufficient humility and discipline to do so, I serve Y’shua bar Yosef, called Y’shua Moshiach, Jesus son of Joseph, Jesus the Christ, who teaches me as follows.

And Jesus came up and spoke unto them, saying, “All authority is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go you therefore and make disciples1 of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of2 the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them3 to observe all things whatsoever that I commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

Matthew 28:18-20

1. One cannot make disciples “in silence.”

2. One cannot baptize them in someone’s name “in silence.”

3. One cannot teach them “in silence.”

One cannot serve Y’shua Moshiach in silence; accordingly, I must reject your suggestion/order/command, “Serve in silence”, as contrary to the teachings of Y’shua Moshiach.

Greatest I am wrote:
I respect the Jews1,2,3,5 too much to butcher their language.4

Regards
DL

1. You respect for “the Jews” is irrelevant to the study of Hebrew.

2. You respect for “the Jews” most likely does not exceed the respect that Jews with whom I regularly study have for themselves.

3. You respect for “the Jews” most certainly does not exceed my respect for Jews with whom I regularly study.

4. As you study with me, I will ensure that you do not “butcher their language.”

5. As evidenced by your own words…
    Greatest I am wrote:
    … God is a p***k…
    … your respect for “the Jews” seems not to extend to respect for YHVH Elohim, of whom Hebrew prophet Moshe said unto the Nation of Israel:

“Hear, O Israel… You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.”

Deuteronomy 6:4-5

I remain your servant in the LORD God YHVH Elohim and his beloved son Y’shua bar Yosef, called Y’shua Moshiach, as I await your disciplined participation in joint study of the first seven words of Torah, “B’r’shyth bara Elohim et hashamayim ve’et ha’arets”, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth”, Genesis 1:1.

RockOnBrother

Last edited by RockOnBrother on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Wed May 09, 2012 5:05 pm

You do not mean study. You mean while you preach.

I have no need of preaching but thanks for the offer.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Wed May 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Rob: DULL DULL IRRELEVANT NONSENSE POINTLESS PIFFLE MEANINGLESS IN THE NTH SOULLESS DRIVEL VACCUOUS DUMB LAMEBRAINED IDIOCY

sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next