Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To hate Jews is to hate God

+22
Dan Fante
stuart torr
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
starlight07
skwalker1964
Ivan
Deadly Nightshade
methought
astradt1
bobby
boatlady
Jsmythe
Phil Hornby
snowyflake
Tosh
astra
Shirina
trevorw2539
polyglide
tlttf
oftenwrong
Greatest I am
26 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

To hate Jews is to hate God - Page 8 Empty To hate Jews is to hate God

Post by Greatest I am Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

To hate Jews is to hate God.

If you believe in the sacrifice of Jesus, then you must believe that God planned for it and set the conditions even before the earth was formed. If as most believe, the Jews were the cause of the sacrifice, then one must believe that God put the notion and desire to kill Jesus in the Jewish hearts. Jews then were God’s tools in carrying out God’s plan. Jews then should be venerated just as Jesus is because Jesus and Jews were required and caused by God to participate in the sacrifice. They were all doing God’s will and not their own.

Jesus was a Jew and to hate Jews means that Jesus is also hated. The church has historically persecuted Jews and only repented for their actions in 2011 with the pope acknowledging that not all Jews should be hated. Just those directly involved in the sacrifice of Jesus. Ignoring of course that they were charged directly by God to be and do what God wanted.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/jews-not-responsible-for-death-of-christ-pope-says-49267/

Why then have Christians historically hated Jews, and by inference, hate the Jew part of God/Jesus the Jew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKg4HLsu5gE&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ott15j2KwQ&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHP-f-_F9U

The weird twist to this history is that the Christian right who hates Jews the most, is now the ones pushing for funding of the Jewish homeland to fulfill prophesy.

Most Jews do not believe that Jesus was the messiah. Is the Christian right just funding Jews to help drive them to destruction at the hands of God?

Jews tend not to read the O. T. the way Christians do. Are Christian interpretations of Jewish text superior or inferior to the Jewish interpretation of their own myths?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

To hate Jews is to hate God - Page 8 Empty Re: To hate Jews is to hate God

Post by Tosh Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 pm

We are not, nor were not meant to be, capable of judging others

Some are more capable of others, bad news, you are not one of the some, were you dropped as a baby ?

Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:49 pm

We are not, nor were not meant to be, capable of judging others

There goes our justice system down the pooper.....
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 am

Let me just explain a few very simple things, even simpletons should be capable of understanding.

If man adhered to God's wishes there would be no need for anyone to judge another.

There would be no sin.

You can go to any court room in the land and see the injustice in the sentences passed on the wrong doers.

There are cases every day when there is an outcry at the either leniency or the severity of the sentence passed.

This is the manner in which I say man cannot judge another.

I have not said crime should be ignored.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:07 pm

If man adhered to God's wishes there would be no need for anyone to judge another.

There is no evidence of God's wishes, it looks like it is up to humans to judge humans using the same reasoning as an imaginary God, an imaginary God declares right and wrong for a reason, we are just cutting out the imaginary middle man.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:16 pm

".... cutting out the imaginary middle man."

Won't never happen. This thread alone confirms that everyone with an opinion on Religion feels free - obliged even - to share that opinion with everyone else. It goes with the territory.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 pm

What are God's wishes?

There would be no sin.

You mean to say that if all 7 billion of us adhered to God's wishes there would be no sin? You adhere to God's wishes. Does that mean you are without sin?

snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Seems to know how to cast stones, nevertheless.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Seems to know how to cast stones, nevertheless.

Even her insults are incomprehensible, now that takes real talent.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:07 pm

I adhere to God's wishes as far as I possibly can, of course I am not without sin, the human race has made matters such by indulging over a period of time in every kind of wrong doing that it is difficult for anyone to not sin in one way or another.

The point is if original sin had not arrisen there would have been no sin to tempt mankind and we are all week to temptation in one way or another.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:16 pm

I adhere to God's wishes as far as I possibly can, of course I am not without sin, the human race has made matters such by indulging over a period of time in every kind of wrong doing that it is difficult for anyone to not sin in one way or another

Then you agree your statement is ridiculous. Over half the population of the world believe in one god or another. All of the religions preach peace and love and kindess and tolerance. It's not the unbelievers causing all the hoohah. It's you believers all fighting about who's God can beat up who, and my God is bigger and better and more true than your God. Wanna talk about fighting for nothing, religion is the biggest nothing to fight about and causes more wars, famines, diseases, unwanted children, starvation, greed, corruption than any other thing on the planet.
The point is if original sin had not arrisen there would have been no sin to tempt mankind and we are all week to temptation in one way or another

You can't blame Adam for your own sin. You said if people adhered to God's wishes then there would be no sin. You adhere to God's wishes and admit that of course you're a sinful, pitiful creature in the eyes of God. Therefore the statement is hugely erroneous. Try taking some responsibility for your own sin and instead of asking God to forgive you why don't you ask Tosh to forgive you?

Belief in God is not going to save this world. That is the Great Hindrance that stops us from achieving what we could as a species.
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:43 pm

I am not blaming anyone for my sins.

God will be my judge.

Just what do you think as a species we should be attempting to do.

The world is in a diabolical state in every respect.

Just explain exactly what you think we should do.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Just what do you think as a species we should be attempting to do

We should be trying to feed 7 billion people. We need sustainable renewable energy. There are diseases that still need curing, like HIV, Hepatitis, Malaria. We need to support gender and LGBT equality especially in the third world where the state of women's lives is appalling.

God has been loafing around the heavens doing bugger all since man started farming the land and you think he is going to do anything now??

It will be advances in science that make things better not God.
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:24 pm

God has been loafing around the heavens doing bugger all since man started farming the land and you think he is going to do anything now??

God has never done a bloody thing. Even if God exists, he hasn't done a thing.

It reminds me of those stereotypical stories. An immigrant comes to America with nothing, he claws his way through the unyielding capitalist system to become a wealthy and successful businessman. And he'll give all the credit to God. I've always found it mind boggling how a person can work so hard, make so many sacrifices, do all of the planning and the work himself, and still credit God for his success. What rubbish. God didn't do anything, the immigrant did all the work. ALL of it. Where is the miracle in that?

What's more, it says something very sinister about those who did not succeed, those who are poor or disabled. It says that God did not deem fit to bestow his blessings upon them and, by default, the poor and disabled must be evil, lazy, lacking in morality, or are simply not right with God.

If we survive as a species, it will be because humanity worked to survive and not through some magic blessing from a Hebrew tribal god. Humans really sell themselves short when they hand over their justly earned credit to a God who simply sat around with his thumb up his butt.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:20 am

Last edited by RockOnBrother on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:25 am

YHVH = Jehovah

Rock, earlier you said Jehovah wasn't in the Hebrew and Greek bibles but isn't YHVH just Jehovah with the vowels removed (the hebrews didn't believe in vowels?)

snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:13 am

What does the People's Front of Judea have to say about that?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:39 am

Of course we should be trying to deal with all the unfairness in the world, I have stated the fact on previous posts and said how it could be done if all pulled together.

The point is people will not do so.

False religions do play a part in the problem as do greed and jealousy among other things and all are a result of not following the Ten Commandments.

polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 am

What does the People's Front of Judea have to say about that?

It's NOT the People's Front of Judea, it's the Judean People's Front.......

the People's Front of Judea Evil or Very Mad

Saying that, I think I will go off and get some Wolf Nipple Chips. Smile
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Last edited by RockOnBrother on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:34 pm

False religions do play a part in the problem as do greed and jealousy among other things and all are a result of not following the Ten Commandments.

The 10 Commandments, polyglide?

Yeah, I sure can see how not working on the Sabbath or not taking the lord's name in vain will certainly help feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and shelter the homeless.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Well in hebrew to english Y=J.

I don't see that as much of a difference. It's still refers to the same thing whether or not it's pronouncable doesn't really matter does it?

I thought all ancient written hebrew was without vowels.
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Last edited by RockOnBrother on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 pm

"Idiot! In the Latin alphabet, Jehovah starts with an 'I'"

Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 pm

YHVH is an entirely different matter. YHVH is never pronounced; in fact, Jews with whom I interact, Conservative and Reform, do not even write the name YHVH, as they feel that “the name” should be “pronounced” by neither mouth nor pen to paper. Jehovah, conversely, is meant to be and almost always pronounced. There are even hymns featuring Jehovah in their titles. To me, such use of Jehovah as if it were equivalent to YHVH obliterates inherent meanings of YHVH, so I shy away from participation in such use whenever possible.

I don't see how, Rock. YHVH = Jehovah as far as translation goes. I'm not sure what you mean by using Jehovah instead of YHVH obliterates inherent meanings when to most people they are the same character. Am I to understand that Jews do not say the word YHVH which as it stands is unpronouncable anyway.
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:13 pm

Texas,

Do you not accept that your reasons for not uttering his name are all a bit weird in the 21 st century ?

Surely God does not demand this degree of reverence, is getting on your knees not enough ?
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:55 am

Last edited by RockOnBrother on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Refraining from pronouncing YHVH, which when speaking I pronounce “Y-H-VB-H” without attempting to add sounds beyond the sound of the letters themselves, partially conveys the beyond my understanding nature of self-existent, eternal, omnipresent, omniscient causality, which, when joined with Elohim as YHVH Elohim, expands to self-existent, eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, immeasurable, incomprehensible (omnipotent) causative power by which everything is caused. To me, if I can pronounce it, in some way that connotes that I can understand it, I can “own” it; conversely, if I cannot pronounce it, in some way that connotes that I can contemplate it but never “own” it.

Utter guff when you consider the only reason the word YHVH exists is because backward desert dwellers hadn't discovered freakin vowels ffs !!

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:42 pm

I find the attempt to intellectualize theology( voodoo) truly fraudulent in nature, spinning mystic webs to disguise plain ignorance.

Theology is a square peg trying to fit a round hole, a rational mind discards this dross in seconds, worshiping your ancestors words with absolute reverence is the sign of a limited mind.

The bottom line is these people had little knowledge and a large imagination, the power of reasoning did not explain the natural world until a bunch of atheists ripped the supernatural to shreds.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:46 pm

I see America is going nuts about some new series about Jesus, this culture is reversing to the tune of the dueling banjos, freakin inbreds.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:43 pm

I see America is going nuts about some new series about Jesus, this culture is reversing to the tune of the dueling banjos, freakin inbreds.

Yeah, it called simply "The Bible," and I ignore it.

I was also a bit irritated at another series called "Mankind: The Story of All of Us" that aired a month or two ago. They treated Jesus, his crucifixion, etc. as a proven historical fact. I'm not saying this series shouldn't include Jesus because his story has been ridiculously influential. But the story was treated as history, not speculation. At least they didn't include Jesus's supposed resurrection as fact. That would have been beyond the pale for an historical documentary.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:54 pm

To be fair there is sufficient historical evidence to persuade most independant historians that he existed, one being the diverse nature of all the gospels. If you are going to invent a mythical hero then make him consistent with youir beliefs.

Moreover, aspects of the Jesus story simply would not have been invented by anyone wanting to make up a new Savior. The earliest followers of Jesus declared that he was a crucified messiah. But prior to Christianity, there were no Jews at all, of any kind whatsoever, who thought that there would be a future crucified messiah. The messiah was to be a figure of grandeur and power who overthrew the enemy. Anyone who wanted to make up a messiah would make him like that. Why did the Christians not do so? Because they believed specifically that Jesus was the Messiah. And they knew full well that he was crucified. The Christians did not invent Jesus. They invented the idea that the messiah had to be crucified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umvBeuBdksk
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:40 pm

In my view the Jews who followed Jesus believed the following:

Jesus was the Messiah and son of man anointed by God to usher in the apocalypse, after he was killed they believed he had sacrificed himself, his spirit was resurrected and he ascended to heaven. This spiritual messiah would return within a generation to complete his task, he was not a deity.
Now the only non-Jewish claim is a spiritual messiah, this is the claim of a group of followers who were convinced Jesus was the Messiah and simply could not accept his death.

I very much doubt Jesus intended to get killed, he just underestimated the urban tensions in passover Jerusalem compared to hillbilly Galilee,and he certainly underestimated the renowned sadist PP. A Jew of any description is not bothered by messianic claimants, the more the merrier, but a Roman Prefect is, a messiah is threatening Roman governance.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 am

The earliest recording of Jews persecuting Jewish Christians was Paul, and it was this 40 year persecution that influenced the pagan authors of Mark etc to attribute the death of Jesus himself to Jewish persecution.

Claiming to be the messiah, son of man, son of god, king of the Jews or even claiming an imminent apocalypse is not going to ruffle any Jewish theological feathers, but claiming a dead Jesus is the spiritual messiah offends their traditional beliefs.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:41 pm

If people got off their fat backsides and did a proper days work five days a week and half a day on Saturday then all the work neessary could be done.

I mean all the people,I am well aware that some do.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:41 pm

If people got off their fat backsides and did a proper days work five days a week and half a day on Saturday then all the work necessary could be done.I mean all the people,I am well aware that some do.

Are you lost ?

p.s. It is not easy for me to get off my backside , I am in a wheelchair.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Of course you do not understand, I said it for people that recognise the inferance. I actually spent all morning helping the handicapped and one would expect a reasonable person to understand that their circumstances would be taken into consideration, however?.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:27 pm

If people got off their fat backsides and did a proper days work five days a week and half a day on Saturday then all the work neessary could be done.

Sure ... and the obsession with work is the reason why half our kids are running the streets feral.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:45 am

No, the reason we are in the present predicament is because thousands of people who could work, will not work and those willing to work are put in difficult circumstances

Most of the kids running feral have parents themselves running feral, drug users, alchoholics, child beaters and the totally unconcerned just to name a few.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 am

I think the feral banks may have caused a few problems.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Tosh, why do you not use the information you have gleaned in a proper and intelligent manner, instead of persistantly indicating that you have not the ability to do so.

Anyone can accumulate masses of information just by the press of a few keys, the art is in using the information in an intelligent manner, please just try it for a change.

regards.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:13 pm

No, the reason we are in the present predicament is because thousands of people who could work, will not work and those willing to work are put in difficult circumstances

I guess you haven't noticed the job shortage ...

And what "present perdicament" are you referring to?
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next