Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Tory scum, here we come"

+16
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Bellatori
Dan Fante
Mel
tlttf
blueturando
Phil Hornby
bobby
ghost whistler
sickchip
LWS
oftenwrong
Penderyn
boatlady
Ivan
Redflag
20 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

"Tory scum, here we come" Empty "Tory scum, here we come"

Post by Redflag Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:01 am

I was at the DEMO in Manchester 29th September, my thread title was the chant from around 80,000 people, 40,000 inside the park and 40,000 OUTSIDE. We were kettled so we could not get into the park. IMHO the police were on instructions from the Tory gov't so people would not see 'THE TIDE TURNNG' against this VILE NASTY gov't.   People came from Aberdeen to Somerset and everywhere else in between and we were WELCOMED by the people who live in Manchester and some even joined in the march. There were BANNERS flying high from every Union within the UK; one which really caught my eye was from the N.U.S. from HALLAM SHEFFIELD, Cleggy's seat. (Just in case some on here may not know what NUS stands for it's 'National Union of Students'.)  It's been three & a half years and they have not forgot what the Prostitute party did to them with their signed photo pledge.

I myself want to thank the Unite Union here in Glasgow, Jack, Angela, Jackie, Sandra and everyone else on the coach from John Smith House to Manchester, this was my first DEMO and there are plenty more to come. I hear there is one in October and I will be there by hook or by crook because it gave me hope that at last the people in the UK 'HAVE AWAKENED FROM THEIR SLEEP'. There are some posters on here who have thought "would they wake in time?" My answer is a very loud "YES they have". They may have stopped us from getting into the park but we did not miss the Tories outside their conference. They heard us and we made sure with loud hailers, Brass Bands. whistles, rattles and of course our VOICES. They heard us FINE and no doubt Cameron will be worried today, but that is no one else's fault but ours. We were quiet for too long, so I am wondering if there will be more TOILET PAPER used today at their conference??:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

"Tory scum, here we come" Empty Re: "Tory scum, here we come"

Post by Ivan Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Redflag. What an inspiration you are! First you go from Scotland to the far south of England for a by-election, and now you’ve marched in Manchester against the Tories. Of course the coverage of the demonstration by the BBC was typically scant (despite the BBC having 'a left-wing bias', at least according to one of our deluded members), but now I know why some Tories on Twitter were objecting to being called ‘scum’ last night. Personally I think that label is too kind to them – scum is unlikely to be as harmful to the people of this country as those vermin.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Red, you are my hero!
I've been looking at the coverage about that demo - never even imagined you wuld be there - as Ivan says, you are an inspiration to us all.

Last edited by boatlady on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:10 pm

My ex-SWP daughter was there. The television report I saw was forced to mention it, even if briefly.
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Well done Redflag, and your companions at Manchester. It would be most unfair to the Tories if they were left in ignorance of what the Public think about them.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Thank you all for your kindness I was late coming into ploitics May 2010 to be exact because when the Tories got into power I knew  what was coming but not the VILENESS they where going to stoop to or how LOW they would go, I think I just got fed up sitting at home and leaving it up to other people and I am glad the Tories heard us telling them they ARE SCUM.

Here is a few of the chants they had to listen too while sitting drinking there champers.

Build a Bonfire put the Tories on the top put the Lib-Dems in the middle and burn the EFFING LOT

NHS is not for Sale put the Bankers in the Jail, Royal Mail not for Sale put the Bankers in the Jail

We hate the Tories and the  Tories hate strikes strike strike general strike

Hope you enjoy reading these as much as it gave me pleasure singing them, I am hopingto go to the T.U.C DEMO in London next month stirpot

I should let you all know I was told on twitter to go play on the M6 because I went on the Demo and yes I have reported it to twitter but these Tory activists are all the same when they lose the argument they revert too insults because they can not or will not except the TRUTH about there party TOUGH.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by LWS Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 pm

You have become a great activist Red. I have to admire anybody who has the courage of their convictions.
LWS
LWS

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Well done, Red.

Good work? Yes! Because I believe as cruel tory policies increasingly take their toll on people there will be an increasing tide of protest against this vile government; and you can take pride in being amongst the first wave.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:28 am

Thank you Sickchip & LWS I have sat on my butt for too long and there are others out there doing their bit for the Labour party, I am not the only one. I met FANTASTIC people on Sunday that have been doing this for many a year and not afraid to stand up for what they believe in, I have come to this late in life but I am enjoying doing my bit aginst this VILE NASTY Tories and not forgetting the Prostitute party and will continue to do what I can so that this sort of gov't NEVER sees power again.

There are things we can all do to help get rid of this gov't, it does not matter how little time you can give to your local councillor or MP or in my case MSP sitting down stuffing envelopes every little will help us to get a Labour gov't in May 2015 or sooner if I had my way.:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:37 am

What we need is for the TUC to get off their arses and call that strike!
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:15 pm

ghost whistler wrote:What we need is for the TUC to get off their arses and call that strike!

There were over 80,000 + in Manchester on Sunday calling for a general strike GW, there is something on at the T.U.C this month but all Unions in the UK need to get their heads together and come up with a solution maybe a REVOLUTION by the people for the people is the answer gw.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:59 pm

The TUC leadership is too interested in the status quo. Any action will have to come from the grassroots. Unfortunately people are scared, understandably. Sadly the People's Assembly has proven little more than a talking shop. I hate to say that, as well, as it plays into tory divide and rule, but IMO it's the truth. We need action, as easy as it is to say, nothing else is going to get results.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Revolutions need a party to keep people organised and informed, as do general strikes. Without the Revolutionary Party people are easily fooled, unfortunately - as, in crisis, they can be by the Party itself. If these things were easy capitalism would have disappeared long ago like the nasty fart it is.
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:44 pm

The Revolution in Syria has resulted in factions fighting each other, as well as fighting the regime.

"Be careful what you wish for"
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:56 pm

ghost whistler wrote:The TUC leadership is too interested in the status quo. Any action will have to come from the grassroots. Unfortunately people are scared, understandably. Sadly the People's Assembly has proven little more than a talking shop. I hate to say that, as well, as it plays into tory divide and rule, but IMO it's the truth. We need action, as easy as it is to say, nothing else is going to get results.

The People's Assembly has a day of action on the 5th November gw, it will hit banks etc, their website is www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk if you are interested.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Redflag wrote: The People's Assembly has a day of action on the 5th November gw, it will hit banks etc, their website is www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk if you are interested.

I know, but it's not enough. Just look at the tory onslaught this week. Sadly a day of action, which per se is great, just isn't enough.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:18 pm

You always start with small steps gw and you know that it will grow until it overtakes the NASTY Tory BACKSTUDS.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:28 pm

The ferocity of the Tory onslaught is all the proof required to demonstrate how much they expect to be defeated.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:01 pm

oftenwrong wrote:The ferocity of the Tory onslaught is all the proof required to demonstrate how much they expect to be defeated.
I wish I shared your confidence. I don't think we dare be complacent. The most likely outcome IMO is another hung parliament.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:06 pm

ghost whistler wrote:
Redflag wrote: The People's Assembly has a day of action on the 5th November gw, it will hit banks etc, their website is www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk if you are interested.

I know, but it's not enough. Just look at the tory onslaught this week. Sadly a day of action, which per se is great, just isn't enough.

What we really need is a general strike for at least two weeks. No need to march, protest, or picket - those things would only present government something tangible to tackle with police and manipulate with press images. Simply stay at home and go about daily business.....shopping, etc.

A general strike such as this would frighten the government more than any (kettled) march/protest ever could.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Hello Ghost whistler, actually I fully agree with ow, if Herr Cameron and the rest of his slimy followers thought for one minute they stood a chance of winning a General Election in 2015, they wouldn't now be pushing through all of their ideologically based policies, as they are at present making many errors in both judgement and legality due to "more haste less speed" in their policy making. If they thought they could win, their policies would be better thought out and spread over more time and (thankfully ) more difficult to reverse when Labour are in power..
As for a General Strike, I really cant see that happening. Too many people are either earning less money or have lost any job security they enjoyed under the last Labour Government, so I believe it is up to the slightly better off to carry the fight to the Government, only I cant see that happening either. Its a crying shame we don't have more Redflags in our ranks, people like her who are prepared to actually get off her bum and do something. Demonstrations are a good thing as they will show the general public just how under policed we now are, meaning that fewer coppers to deal with more demonstrators will mean even more draconian methods beought into play by Robert Peel's descendants and the harsher their methods the more difficult it will be to keep it out of the media.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Anyone wishing to research Civil disobedience in Britain might well begin by googling GORDON RIOTS.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:30 am

sickchip wrote:
ghost whistler wrote:

What we really need is a general strike for at least two weeks. No need to march, protest, or picket - those things would only present government something tangible to tackle with police and manipulate with press images. Simply stay at home and go about daily business.....shopping, etc.

A general strike such as this would frighten the government more than any (kettled) march/protest ever could.
I agree entirely. I wish that were going to happen, but the TUC are not interested. So any such effort will have to go around them.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:03 am

If an election were to be held next month, Miliband would be swept into power as if it were 1997 all over again. His confidence in attacking fat-cat Energy Suppliers resonates with 90% of the population, and taking on the Press Barons shows guts.

A David and Goliath style of policy should play well to the target audience.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 am

Sadly, the election isn't for another 18 months or so --- wonder if he can maintain the impetus? and whether he can get the support of the Shadow Cabinet to continue?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:59 pm

oftenwrong wrote:If an election were to be held next month,  Miliband would be swept into power as if it were 1997 all over again.  His confidence in attacking fat-cat Energy Suppliers resonates with 90% of the population, and taking on the Press Barons shows guts.

A David and Goliath style of policy should play well to the target audience.

OW this is the very reason we ALL should stand behind Ed Miliband and the Labour party.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:22 pm

boatlady wrote:Sadly, the election isn't for another 18 months or so --- wonder if he can maintain the impetus? and whether he can get the support of the Shadow Cabinet to continue?
Good question; Labour has missed several open goals over the last few years.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Much depends upon whether the slumbering Labour Party will rise in unison with its suddenly dynamic Leader.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:25 am

boatlady wrote:Sadly, the election isn't for another 18 months or so --- wonder if he can maintain the impetus?  and whether he can get the support of the Shadow Cabinet to continue?

I think Ed and the Labour party can boatlady, Eds trouble was he was always the gentleman and gave others respect when they did not deserve it eg Cameron but he has seen the light and knows the majority of the UK are behind him I think you will see a different man at PMQs, any one that wants to be treated with respect from Ed will have to earn it so in other words Ed is taking off the gloves so watch out Tory Scum Ed will be treating you like the low life you are.:yeahthat: 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:00 am

Some of the comments in the Guardian and New Statesman give me some cause to hope.
It seems Milliband may be quite the strategist - unless it's just the case that the time has come again for decency and respect
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:37 pm

OW said.
 Much depends upon whether the slumbering Labour Party will rise in unison with its suddenly dynamic Leader

Absolutely correct, the Labour party as a whole needs to attack the Tory scum on their record of lies, deceit and a failing economic policy, they do not need to release details of their future policies yet as if they do,  they will be hijacked in principle by the Tories even though they will not be acted on, but the benefit gained momentarily will be lost.
Labour can not rely on a sympathy vote due to the daily Mail's attack on Ed Miliband's  Father but must now get and keep the Tories on the back foot.  
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:40 pm

I agree Bobby take the gloves off now Ed, you're dealing with the "SCUM OF THE EARTH".:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:47 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Much depends upon whether the slumbering Labour Party will rise in unison with its suddenly dynamic Leader.
He isn't suddenly dynamic. He's only marginally less capitalist, pro big business, pro banking, pro privatisation than his opponents. That's the problem, and that's why the Labour party have been so useless up to now.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:49 pm

There's an story, nearly 150 years old in fact, set in the Wild West of America in a dusty mining town where the gold had run out. A professional gambler sat in front of a Saloon's roulette wheel when someone asked him, "Why are you still playing that old wheel? It's as crooked as a dog's hind leg" His reply, when it came, was "It's the only one there is."
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Indeed.

And Labour is the only choice in 2015, but that doesn't mean i'm happy that they are not prepared to deliver what is desperately needed. I can only hope I'm proven wrong.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:20 pm

I would wait until the Labour party publishes its manifesto just before the next general election in May 2015, maybe then you will be able to pass judgement on the Labour party or maybe you could just go vote for the Tories or the Prostitute party L/Ds.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm encouraged to hope their policies will be at least somewhat more in tune with the needs of the ordinary people than the current incumbents.
If they get in in 2015, there will of course be the added challenge of the Tory destruction to sort out - and the economy is still in a poor state.
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Redflag wrote:I would wait until the Labour party publishes its manifesto just before the next general election in May 2015, maybe then you will be able to pass judgement on the Labour party or maybe you could just go vote for the Tories or the Prostitute party L/Ds.
We don't have a choice but to wait. However their actions thus far - supporting the disgusting retrospective workfare legislation for example - has been terrible. They have had several open goals and refused to even try and score. That is why I say they are not much better than the Tories. However the point remains that, as far as the tories themselves are concerned, that is the fundamental point.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:11 pm

boatlady said:
I'm encouraged to hope their policies will be at least somewhat more in tune with the needs of the ordinary people than the current incumbents.

Correct boatlady, I am certain that a future Labour party will have the interests of the ordinary people at heart, and a crucial need of those ordinary people is employment, to that end we need a Government who will look after the Country as a whole, as without thriving business who will provide the work for the rest.
The gap between the top earners and the workers need to lessen, giving the workers more cash to spend, the economy will grow leaving enough cash to provide with an adequate welfare programme.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:59 pm

sickchip wrote:

I am with you on this one sickchip, every word you have said makes sense but will the rest of the UK or others on this forum, by not protestingon the streets Cameron would not have anything for his storm troopers to do.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next