Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse

+30
vappuk
Dan Fante
Shirina
methought
Deadly Nightshade
sampbang
boatlady
Tosh
skwalker1964
astradt1
Red Cat Woman
trevorw2539
Adele Carlyon
BobEllard
Mel
Redflag
LWS
atv
Stox 16
astra
blueturando
sickchip
witchfinder
tlttf
bobby
Ivan
Phil Hornby
jackthelad
Penderyn
Ivanhoe
34 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse - Page 6 Empty Thatcher changed Britain for the worse

Post by Ivanhoe Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Through the Thatcher Major, years, millions of British people were made poor as a matter of policy, while others got rich as a matter of policy.

Blair and Brown embraced Thatcherism due to the change in the British, and now Milliband wants to change Labour again due to a changed Britain.

I personally long for a political party that sticks to it's core values, that has conviction, that does not change itself to suit a greedy selfish uncaring British populas who'se only thought is "self". In my view this "self" is mainly among the British middle classes.

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse, and now we are reaping through this dreadful coalition, what has been sown.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse - Page 6 Empty Re: Thatcher changed Britain for the worse

Post by tlttf Sat May 19, 2012 10:18 am

Possibly Phil, was at a very social golf do yesterday. Smile

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse - Page 6 Empty Re: Thatcher changed Britain for the worse

Post by Phil Hornby Sat May 19, 2012 10:23 am

" ...what do you say we send him to Africa he would keep the starving people going for weeks..."

With the multituide of problems which beset so much of Africa, the last thing that continebt neds is Eric Pickles - a bloated, uncouth, sweaty, loud-mouthed oaf ,wearing a pith helmet and 50- inch waist union jack underpants... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat May 19, 2012 10:24 am

I thought you was sending Pickles not melly?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat May 19, 2012 10:31 am

"Possibly Phil, was at a very social golf do yesterday. "

Ah- that would explain the balls you have produced today and the pulling to the right, landy.... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat May 19, 2012 10:58 am

If I could keep it to the straight and narrow I'd prefer the term Power Fade Phil. As it stands though I have to agree with you Phil Very Happy

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat May 19, 2012 5:40 pm

tlttf wrote:What's the matter melly, checked the internet and found out the facts, but as they don't suit your sad view of the world you naturally discount it. Weird way of moving forward.

I suppose you have forgot a few weeks ago when the Tories where caught out selling gov't policy for a MERE £250,000 oh plus they got dinner, and a chance to fill there pockets or there companies coffers off the backs of the normal working man, if you found the information on the internet its open and above board the only way we found out about Scam..er..ons £250,000 dinners was because they where filmed secretly what does that say about your gov't lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Sun May 20, 2012 5:00 am

oftenwrong wrote:Will Britain still have enough Military personnel to mount a full State Funeral, or will they have to borrow some from the French?

Me I shove her in the sea myself. why both with any sort of state funeral? as how many people did she leave in poverty and homeless? what sort of funeral will they get?
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 20, 2012 10:45 am

Stox 16 wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:Will Britain still have enough Military personnel to mount a full State Funeral, or will they have to borrow some from the French?

Me I shove her in the sea myself. why both with any sort of state funeral? as how many people did she leave in poverty and homeless? what sort of funeral will they get?

I would put her in a cardboard box and off too the nearest crematorium, give her a taste what her eternal life is going to feel like. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 20, 2012 10:49 am

Phil Hornby wrote:" ...what do you say we send him to Africa he would keep the starving people going for weeks..."

With the multituide of problems which beset so much of Africa, the last thing that continebt neds is Eric Pickles - a bloated, uncouth, sweaty, loud-mouthed oaf ,wearing a pith helmet and 50- inch waist union jack underpants... Shocked

What I meant PH put him on a spit although it would take ages to cook him there would be more than enough to feed the Africans for a few weeks, do not know how he would taste but we would be rid of him. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun May 20, 2012 5:41 pm

No need to cremate her as she will burn at the gates of hell.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 20, 2012 6:09 pm

How did her little boy turn out, then?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Mel wrote:No need to cremate her as she will burn at the gates of hell.

You have a three point win there Mel.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun May 20, 2012 8:44 pm

"How did her little boy turn out, then?"

The son of Satans wife did very nicely thanks to "mummy" working his ticket.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri May 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Mel wrote:"How did her little boy turn out, then?"

The son of Satans wife did very nicely thanks to "mummy" working his ticket.

I thought he was still lost in the dessert?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri May 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Those rice puddings can be unbelievably tricky from which to extricate oneself... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri May 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Find your own sycophant, Reverend Hornby. They're a dying breed.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Hogun13 wrote:
witchfinder wrote:Generaly, Margaret Thatcher was very bad for Britain ....

Do agree with you here Smile Oh and did show a woman could get to the top.

Clutching at straws? Of course "Women can get to the top" but generally they have enough sense not to stick their heads over the parapet.

Thatcher was no role-model for girls, she was as far away from being a Feminist as any female you could name. On foreign visits to Arab countries she was designated "an Honorary Man" and on one notable occasion in India her husband was adorned with a PINK turban.

That bloody woman sowed the seeds of this Country's demise, as anyone can now see, in May 2012.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Wed May 30, 2012 11:25 pm

The selling of Council Houses wasn't done to free people; it was more about tethering them to a capitalist agenda - it made them mini capitalists and fragmented society, and was a most sinister piece of social engineering - implemented because it's easier to control communities when unity is broken and replaced with individual greed.

Look at the property market now. Can yr kids get a mortgage, without the bank of mum and dad (and that's really just another sereptitious means of taxing you).

Last edited by sickchip on Wed May 30, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Hogun13 wrote:
witchfinder wrote:Generaly, Margaret Thatcher was very bad for Britain, the Poll Tax was one of the worst pieces of legislation ever introduced in this country, and it led to her downfall, though I must confess there were some issues on which I agreed with Thatcher.

FALKLAND ISLANDS - I am afraid that I agreed totaly with Thatcher here, and I can vividly remember Michael Foot suggesting more and more time, more diplomacy, more discussions and negotiations, unfortunately you do not negotiate with someone who just stole your land and property.

COUNCIL HOUSE SALES - Very controversial I know, but at the end of the day this did give the opportunity for many thousands of ordinary people to own their own property, most of whom would not ordinarily have been able to afford to do so.

The big big mistake was not to build one new home to rent for every home which was sold, there must be social housing to rent and the stocks should be replenished / replaced.

UNIONS - As a supporter of both the Labour Party and the trade union movement, I can never forgive the unions for helping Thatcher come to power in 1979, it was they more than anyone who gave the Conservatives the boost into power after the Winter of Discontent.

The trade union movement was very sick in the 1970s, greed was running through its veins, millitants were everywhere, any excuse for a strike and a day off work, the rules meant that British companies were uncompetetive and bosses hands were tied - sorry to say it, but Thatcher put things right.

I take it you are a Tory ?.

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 am

oftenwrong wrote:
Hogun13 wrote:

Clutching at straws? Of course "Women can get to the top" but generally they have enough sense not to stick their heads over the parapet.

Thatcher was no role-model for girls, she was as far away from being a Feminist as any female you could name. On foreign visits to Arab countries she was designated "an Honorary Man" and on one notable occasion in India her husband was adorned with a PINK turban.

That bloody woman sowed the seeds of this Country's demise, as anyone can now see, in May 2012.

How very true this post is OW. ''An Honorary man'' how very fitting for Maggot I must say. as a woman I never thought of Maggot as feminine at all. I 100% sure she or he was some sort of Tory Ladyboy myself Smile
Red Cat Woman
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Thu May 31, 2012 1:06 am

How very true this post is OW. ''An Honorary man'' how very fitting for Maggot I must say. as a woman I never thought of Maggot as feminine at all. I 100% sure she or he was some sort of Tory Ladyboy myself

I wonder what Dennis, her poor cuckold husband, seen in her?
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu May 31, 2012 8:16 am

OW wrote "That bloody woman sowed the seeds of this Country's demise, as anyone can now see, in May 2012."

How very true that is OW.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Thu May 31, 2012 2:40 pm

certainly not for the better.

she changed Maritime Laws that stood this country in good stead for hundreds of years and now -
The sun no longer rises on a Stephenson Clark ship. Newcastle Company
Newcastle Brown no longer made in the North East
Armstrong Vickers / Michelle Bearings, on the Scotswood Road announced it's closure today.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:22 am

astra wrote:certainly not for the better.

she changed Maritime Laws that stood this country in good stead for hundreds of years and now -
Armstrong Vickers / Michelle Bearings, on the Scotswood Road announced it's closure today.

Newcastle was just like Scotland astra suffered at the hands of the Maggot, I was born there and lived there for the first 13 years of my life, I decided to do my family tree and had too go back to Newcastle to the libraries and the offices of births deaths and marriages I was quite shocked to see the state of the North East the decay of areas that I knew well during my 13 years of living in that part of the UK.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:11 pm

sickchip wrote:
How very true this post is OW. ''An Honorary man'' how very fitting for Maggot I must say. as a woman I never thought of Maggot as feminine at all. I 100% sure she or he was some sort of Tory Ladyboy myself

It really wasn't what he saw in her Chip, it was what she saw in him. His wealth
and would you believe it she did I recall actually admitted it. Bloody Witch.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:12 pm

sickchip wrote:

It really wasn't what he saw in her Chip, it was what she saw in him. His wealth

Double post. For some reason unable to erase. Embarassed
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:27 pm

A Senior Moment Mel Shocked

So even the BEST of us get them Embarassed
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 pm

More like an infantile moment astra. Embarassed
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:18 am

Mel wrote:
sickchip wrote:

Double post. For some reason unable to erase. Embarassed

Hi Mel
but a first class reply too boot Mel. nice post
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:30 am

astra wrote:certainly not for the better.

Astra this post of yours just brakes my heart in bits as your 100% right. to look back at what we have lost is just very pain for me. The bottom line is she gutted Newcastle and the North East. if this shower could they would gut its some more too. the same with Scotland and the North West. Maggot was the worst PM before this one in my view.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:40 am

Hogun13 wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:
Hogun13 wrote:

lol I take it you dont look at the bigger picture? Yes she did things wrong, but everyone in power does. Labour is no better..........

quite interesting the thought everyone does? think it will be quite interesting you defending such a statement myself
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:08 am

Hogun. "lol I take it you dont look at the bigger picture? Yes she did things wrong, but everyone in power does. Labour is no better.........."

"Getting things wrong" Hogun is one thing which as you so quite rightly say, "everyone in power does. However as far as Thatcher, Cameron Clegg and Gideon are concerned and most of their so called front bench Ministers (well off sheep), they do things that are wrong purposely. Those wrong doings are aimed solely at the poor and now the middle classes. One objective come what may, undo all the good things Labour have done for the masses and transfer wealth from the bottom to the top.

These are not just simply "getting things wrong, they are measures taken without thought nor compassion nor care. They try to hide their greedy evil deeds under a cloak of supposed respectability. They are simply and purely Con men and woman at their worst.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:43 pm

"Tory Government" is a euphemism for legal theft.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:19 pm

A very vague term for the Tory Governments evil doings indeed OW.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:05 pm

1. ""Tory Government" is a euphemism for legal theft."

2. "A very vague term for the Tory Governments evil doings indeed OW."

I apologise for the apparent reductio ad absurdem but can offer a cast-iron example of what I mean. If some rascal takes my car from outside the house and sells it, the Police will probably describe that as theft. Someone else has taken my property and sold it for their own benefit.

The Thatcher administration took various publicly-owned assets, such as British Rail, British Telecom, British Gas etcetera, etcetera and offered them for sale to any willing buyer. Ultimately the majority of those companies are now under the control of Germans, French, Australians but in any event not any longer "British" as they were before.

I'd call that theft in most circumstances. The Tory Party are the rightful descendants of the Norsemen who raped and pillaged their way across our Land, and they haven't stopped yet.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:40 pm

"apparent reductio ad absurdem"
I did understand what you were saying OW. Thank you for the unnecessary
apology sir. It was my reply that may have been confusing.

OOOOOOOdin!!!!!! Cameron Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:40 am

To many people both young and old Thatcher will always be a hero and a person they admire. I know this goes against the majority here, but you are not a fair representation of the country so it doesn't really matter what you say against her.

Socialism and the greed of the unions brought the country to its knees and Thatcher saved us. Socialism can work in the short term, but generally it runs out of money very quickly and makes the county uncompetetive in a global market.
Socialism would take down the a path to becomming a third world country. Some people just CANNOT see the bigger picture....or just dont want to

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:58 am

blue,

...the greed of the unions brought the country to its knees and Thatcher saved us

Consider the following stats:

Between 1949 - 1979: the share of income going to the top 0.1% of earners decreased from 3.5% to 1.3%. By 2000 their share had increased to 4.6%. Under Labour '97 - 2010 inequality continued to grow at pace. Anaylisis reveals that between '97 - 2008 (prior to recession) the bottom 50% of persons saw income growth of 7.2%, while the top 10% saw income growth of 13.1%, the top 1% income grew by 34%, and the very top 0.1% saw income grow by 64%.

We can see from this that post war until Thatcher was elected the share of wealth had been redistributed from the top to those further down.....the divide had been narrowed - and rightly so in my opinion. This enabled greater social mobility and allowed people to buy homes etc. This redistribution of wealth can be attributed in no small part to the unions fighting for better, and fairer, wages for working people.

We can also see that since Thatcher to the present time wealth has been redistributed back to those at the top - in fact the divide is now greater than it was pre 1949.

Now - I don't buy into the propaganda that we can blame unions for any problems in the 70's. They had, upon viewing the above figures, managed to create a fairer society where all were getting a reasonably fair slice of the pie. What happened, IMO, is those at the top didn't like this and decided to tackle the unions....and in effect knock working people a few pegs back down the ladder. The stats, and dilution of union power (workers power), over the past 30yrs bear this out. Whatever the unions gained on behalf of ordinary people up until 1979 has been taken back off them with interest by those at the top.

Here are just a few examples:

: In 2011 the lead executive of BP earns 63x that of the average employee. In 1979 the multiple was 16.5.
: Barclays top pay is now 75x the average worker - 1979 the figure was 14.5x. The lead executive's pay since '79 has risen by 4,899%.

These figures are similar across many other companies too.

Since '79 the general workforces share of GDP shrunk by 12% up to 2008.....and their share is still shrinking. That money has been redirected/redistributed back into the hands of the few.

In the past year alone executive pay has rose by 49% compared to just 2.7% for the average employee - whilst many others have seen wages stagnate or in some cases be reduced.

The richest 1,000 persons now sit atop of £414bn, a sum more than three times the size of the entire UK budget deficit. The richest 1% of the population, about 300,000 persons with an income of more than £3,000 a week, are estimated to possess wealth of about £1trillion. The richest 10% control wealth of about £4trillion. To put these figures in perspective, Britain's total GDP is £1.45trillion. What they've gained in the past 30yrs could more than pay off our deficit and still leave them filthy rich. An extra 20% tax for the super wealthy over 2-3yr would pay off our deficit......they wouldn't actually be losing anything because they've gained way more than that in the past 30yrs anyway.

....and we wonder why the economy is in crisis, where all the money went, and why we have to suffer stagnating wages, austerity, and hardship? We wonder why people can't afford homes, or worry about starting a family, or whether they can afford to go to university, etc.

Some might suggest that this is the 'politics of envy'. I tend to think it's more to do with the politics of unfettered greed, and wreckless social irresponsibility, of the very wealthy.

Now! What were you saying about the greedy unions of the 70's?

Last edited by sickchip on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 am

"To many people both young and old Thatcher will always be a hero and a person they admire."

Yes blue a long list. Those who profited from he evil doings, the employers, the banks for necessary de-regulation due to revenue dropping like a stone with the destruction of our manufacturing base which she made up for by assisting invisible earnings. She sold of our Utilities, had the benefit of North SeA Oil and still managed nearly 4million unemployed which had to be paid for. All for the benefit of creating what Tories desire, desperate workers of cheap labour.
The elderly "blue rinse brigade loved her as she created extortionate interest rates that made these old well off investors even better off at the expense of the poor sods who could not afford their mortgages and were repossessed.
She fixed it so that her bent son made a fortune from the sale of arms that killed thousands. She falsly went to war on the Argies for ego boost and did not finish off Sadam which cost the lives of many of our brave soldiers. And left him with weapons.

She wrecked this country by encouraging greed at all costs creating dog eat dog attitute that we still suffer today. She was resonsible for the Global Crisis with Reagan by d-regulating the banking system, which lead to international bank to bank lending. Hence where we are now as a concequence. A ruthless woman who acted like a dictator. In the end even her own party were against her and ousted her. Too late for this country i'm afraid blue.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:24 am

Good post Chip. Wink
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:31 am

blueturando wrote:To many people both young and old Thatcher will always be a hero and a person they admire. I know this goes against the majority here, but you are not a fair representation of the country so it doesn't really matter what you say against her.

Socialism and the greed of the unions brought the country to its knees and Thatcher saved us. Socialism can work in the short term, but generally it runs out of money very quickly and makes the county uncompetetive in a global market.
Socialism would take down the a path to becomming a third world country. Some people just CANNOT see the bigger picture....or just dont want to

Bluey,

Thatcher created over 3 million unemployed, she plunged millions of pensioners into poverty, she stopped building council houses for people who could not afford to buy, she deregulated the banks, she brought in a low waged, welfare State economy.

The Unions were not greedy, they were protecting their own working class workers in a fight which began in our industrial past, when workers exploitation was rife, and remains so today under Cameron.

Britain will never run of out money while we can give tax cuts to the rich, spend £9.1 billion a year in overseas aid, fight foreign wars, not forgetting £50 million a day into the EU.

This "running out of money" is a myth.

And yet so many people are believing this brainwashing tactic.

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next