Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

+15
Phil Hornby
LWS
astradt1
Adele Carlyon
bobby
Red Cat Woman
tlttf
Mel
Ivan
blueturando
trevorw2539
witchfinder
sickchip
Redflag
Stox 16
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 3 Empty Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

Post by Stox 16 Fri May 04, 2012 3:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Well done Ed and all the labour Party. welcome home to our new Councils.

Hi Ivan, can we please keep this as a new topic on its own? as its interesting to get as many views on this as we can? as this is a water mark election in my view.

Now the Lib/Dem have lost about 40% the seats they are fighting with the Tories lossing 1 in 3 seats with turnout at around 33% and given the weather is not so Bad. as overall its been an amazing night for the Labour party.. so forgetting the Ken and Doris vote as that has become more personal than anything else. will tonight's results see an out brake of Tory infighting? where does this leave the coalition government at this point? as what is very interesting and pleasing for me is the coalition government is bleeding votes in its Southern heart land with Labour picking up votes in this Tory heart land tonight. The share of the vote in the english county election without the London and Scotland. so far share of the vote is as follows. Labour 39% Tory 31% Lib Dem 16% Others 14%, this is 13% up on the last time these seat where up for election with the Lib Dems dipping under 3,000 councillors for the first time in the History of there party.

Other fact that has become very clear tonight is the days of parties getting shares of the vote like Tony Blair had in 1997 are over. As for the very first time its very clear that the Right wing vote is now split. this was not the case in 1997, so Government's could find themselves elected with shares of the vote in just the night 30% mark and winning power.

Norwich Council
Harlow Council
Norwich Council
Oxford Council
Reading Council
Great Yarmouth Council
Southampton Council
Ipswich Council
Derby Council
Exeter Council
Newport Council
Merthyr Council
Lincoln Council
Birmingham Council
Plymouth Council

SO WHAT IS YOUR READING OF THIS LOCAL ELECTION RESULT SO FAR?

ITS THIS A GAME CHANGING VOTE? I THINK IT IS JUST THAT?

[i]Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 3 Images20
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 3 Empty Re: Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

Post by Stox 16 Mon May 21, 2012 5:35 am

Still there was lots of police overtime with Maggot was in power. The UK has so much to be thankful for after Maggots time. plus she did leave us the makes of the UK banking crisis after she had her big bang in the city of London. with her deregulation of the financial sector with the words she was cutting red tap.

hang on? who else has just said he will be cutting red tap? o yes that is right Cameron. so wonder what photos there will be after he has cut his red tap? Still just like Maggot said at the time.... This a whole new economy for us in the UK.... Out with the old failing companies and in with the new service sector that we can all share in?

wonder if us all being in it together as we now pay of banking gambling debt is what she had in store for us.

Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 3 Empty Re: Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

Post by Redflag Mon May 21, 2012 10:29 am

Stox 16 wrote:Still there was lots of police overtime with Maggot was in power. The UK has so much to be thankful for after Maggots time. plus she did leave us the makes of the UK banking crisis after she had her big bang in the city of London. with her deregulation of the financial sector with the words she was cutting red tap.

hang on? who else has just said he will be cutting red tap? o yes that is right Cameron. so wonder what photos there will be after he has cut his red tap? Still just like Maggot said at the time.... This a whole new economy for us in the UK.... Out with the old failing companies and in with the new service sector that we can all share in?

wonder if us all being in it together as we now pay of banking gambling debt is what she had in store for us.

I remember the Poll Tax riots a lot of decent people went to prison thanks to the Maggot, here in Scotland we got it first and she would not listen to the people but when it hit England that was a different story Council meetings invaded and all hell broke loose then and only then did the Maggot do something about it, and that is why Scotland more so now does not vote Tory.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Tue May 22, 2012 8:41 am

The poll tax was a bad idea and overshadowed the good things Thatcher did. Hang on a minute, new labour re-branded it the council tax and suddenly as magic it became okay. Weird world innit?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 22, 2012 10:33 am

new labour re-branded it the council tax and suddenly as magic it became okay
Only weird when people insist on telling lies. The Council Tax was introduced by the Tories in 1993 and is nothing like the Poll Tax, as it's based on property values.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Mel wrote:" at the moment there are more Pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

The Scots were always wiser than the rest of us Red.

I would not say that Mel, just we learned a very hard lesson thanks to Maggot Thatcher, that is why Scam..er..on does not care if Scotland leaves the UK he knows he will never have a Tory gov't in power in Scotland. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue May 22, 2012 3:09 pm

And a Labour one in England

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Tue May 22, 2012 3:18 pm

So Ivan is the council tax based totally on property value, or on how many people live in the property, go on explain the difference, I've always kept an open mind and am willing to be educated (though it would be more of a surprise on this board). Weird innit. Laughing

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 pm

And a Labour one in England.
Check your facts, blue! Labour won more votes and seats than the Tories in England in 1997 and 2001, and more seats than the Tories in England in 2005.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Tue May 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Yet strangely not the last time around, remove Wales and Scotland from the figures and even the lib/dems beat them.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Hmmm maybe we should be backing Scottish independence...and Welsh too

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 22, 2012 3:42 pm

tlttf. LOL. Nice attempt to deflect the issue, after you claimed that Labour was responsible for the Council Tax, when it was the Tories who introduced it.

I'm sure you know as well as I do that the Council Tax is based on property valuations from 1991, and that the only concession to the number of people in a house is a 25% reduction for a single person.

When it comes to "education" on this forum, I haven't noticed you providing much of it, just the usual Tory lies and misinformation coupled with a few snide remarks.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Yet strangely not the last time around, remove Wales and Scotland from the figures and even the lib/dems beat them..
LMAO. Those lies just keep coming, don't they land? Laughing

2010 general election (England):-
Labour 7, 042,398
Lib Dems 6,076,189
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/region/48.stm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue May 22, 2012 4:10 pm

How many did the Tories get Ivan?

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 22, 2012 4:19 pm

You Tories are all the same, blue, trying to deflect the issue that's being discussed!
Crying or Very sad

Nobody's disputing the fact that the Tories won more votes than Labour in England in the last election; I've just put the record straight on tlttf's latest piece of misinformation. The Lib Dems did not get more votes than Labour in England, and most of those they did get were from people who thought they were left-wing and will never ever vote for them again.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm

It was a legitimate question Ivan.....I don't have the numbers, but it seems you do

I wasn't point scoring...just curious

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 22, 2012 4:46 pm

blue. Click on the link I provided, which was just for England. If you want the full results, click 'UK' on the site:-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/region/48.stm
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue May 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Thank you Ivan

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Sorry if I misunderstood, blue. Embarassed
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue May 22, 2012 5:12 pm

Ivan you didn't misunderstand him. He just did a U turn.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Ivan wrote:You Tories are all the same, blue, trying to deflect the issue that's being discussed!
Crying or Very sad

Nobody's disputing the fact that the Tories won more votes than Labour in England in the last election; I've just put the record straight on tlttf's latest piece of misinformation. The Lib Dems did not get more votes than Labour in England, and most of those they did get were from people who thought they were left-wing and will never ever vote for them again.

As far as i remember Ivan Labour got 255 seats Lib/Dems got 57 seats, and just to clarify Scotland out come the tories got 1 seat the Lib/Dems about 4/5 seats.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Wed May 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Ivan you didn't misunderstand him. He just did a U turn..

Wrong Bobby!!!! I thought we were friends again??

Seriously I didn't know the figures and on checking out the link Ivan provided I am surprised at how close it really was and how many votes the Lib Dems polled compared to the number of seats they gained...no wonder they wanted PR. Oh well too late now, they've shot their bolt

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed May 23, 2012 2:26 pm

blue. Ignorance is bliss, with respect. It can be misleading for people reading these threads if unchecked. That is the problem with your party blue, they thrive on misleading the public and have done before the election and two years on are still at it. The media fail or dont want to check these things either, therefore Joe public is left with incorrect information that always favours the Tories.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Mel wrote:blue. Ignorance is bliss, with respect. It can be misleading for people reading these threads if unchecked. That is the problem with your party blue, they thrive on misleading the public and have done before the election and two years on are still at it. The media fail or dont want to check these things either, therefore Joe public is left with incorrect information that always favours the Tories.

Here is one of those misleading LIES, the deficit they keep ranting and raving on about they will not mention that 80% of the deficit is thanks to the banks Gordon Brown had to borrow the money to bail them out or our savings would have been gone and this country would have been in a worse state than Greece is at the moment, which IMHO I wish he had let the banks go to the wall but there again that would have been another moan, then there is the one "The NHS is safe in my hands" that was before the elections of 2010, and now some of the treatments are no longer free on the NHS the GPs are asking for payments for the treatment.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 pm

Poor old blue.

I still luv ya!
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman Thu May 24, 2012 9:06 am

Redflag wrote:
Mel wrote:blue. Ignorance is bliss, with respect. It can be misleading for people reading these threads if unchecked. That is the problem with your party blue, they thrive on misleading the public and have done before the election and two years on are still at it. The media fail or dont want to check these things either, therefore Joe public is left with incorrect information that always favours the Tories.

Here is one of those misleading LIES, the deficit they keep ranting and raving on about they will not mention that 80% of the deficit is thanks to the banks Gordon Brown had to borrow the money to bail them out or our savings would have been gone and this country would have been in a worse state than Greece is at the moment, which IMHO I wish he had let the banks go to the wall but there again that would have been another moan, then there is the one "The NHS is safe in my hands" that was before the elections of 2010, and now some of the treatments are no longer free on the NHS the GPs are asking for payments for the treatment.

I Agree with you Red. but I believe Gordon understood that if he had let the banks go to the wall then many poor and OAPs would of lost everything. that is why he had to do what he did. but this rotten government has made up its mind that these very same people should now be made to pay for the actions of a small group of very greedy bankers. as lets face it Red. when it was all going great for these greedy bankers did we get a share of the profits? NO we did not. yet we are good for there gambling debts. Well i maybe just a young woman and do not fully understand all the economics of this. but it seems to me that this is totally wrong. as if you go and place a bet on something and lose you do not turn around to the woman standing next to you and tell them to pay off you debt for you. Do you?
Red Cat Woman
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman Thu May 24, 2012 9:10 am

bobby wrote:Ivan you didn't misunderstand him. He just did a U turn.

Ciao il bobby Blu ha preso il suo vagabondo calciato da Ivan e tenta di uscire di esso.

Em xx
Red Cat Woman
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Thu May 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Em....

No I didn't try to get out of it. If I was a Labour supporter asking the same question would you say the same thing

E' stato un buon tentativo, ma scrivere in italiano non può nascondere ciò che si dice Smile

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Thu May 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Pepperami Pizza with chips please. Embarassed
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu May 24, 2012 2:59 pm

blue. non era un buon tentativo. Sad

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Che cosa dice?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu May 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Was heißt es auf dem Zinn. Wink
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu May 24, 2012 9:34 pm

I remember this thread when it was written in English.

Unfortunately, I still struggled to understand it... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri May 25, 2012 11:24 am

Red Cat Woman wrote:
Redflag wrote:

I Agree with you Red. but I believe Gordon understood that if he had let the banks go to the wall then many poor and OAPs would of lost everything. that is why he had to do what he did. but this rotten government has made up its mind that these very same people should now be made to pay for the actions of a small group of very greedy bankers. as lets face it Red. when it was all going great for these greedy bankers did we get a share of the profits? NO we did not. yet we are good for there gambling debts. Well i maybe just a young woman and do not fully understand all the economics of this. but it seems to me that this is totally wrong. as if you go and place a bet on something and lose you do not turn around to the woman standing next to you and tell them to pay off you debt for you. Do you?

Or go commit a murder and get some one else to do the time I wonder if the bankers or this gov't would enjoy this analogy of what the bankers did to the UK, and what they continue to do.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sun May 27, 2012 11:01 am

Ah the man has excelled himself and reached the pinnacle of Labour elitism. Surely most of the labour luvvies have read this in their beloved Guardian and perhaps forgot to mention it.

Tony Blair's moral decline and fall is now complete

Tony Blair's willingness to prop up the brutal Kazakhstan regime shames the one-time champion of democracy

Off topic and the repetition of a message posted by you on the UK Economics board. That contravenes Posting Rule 4:-
https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t18-posting-rules#95
Ivan.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sun May 27, 2012 11:13 am

Blair's family motto is about to be taken on by Milliband, apparently it worked for R Tone.

"Per ardua ad asbestos."

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 27, 2012 12:29 pm

tlttf wrote:Blair's family motto is about to be taken on by Milliband, apparently it worked for R Tone.

"Per ardua ad asbestos."

And what is the Tory party motto? "Come on you City Financiers and B(W)ankers and fill your Boots" after all its is only the poor tax payers money( the rich do not pay their correct amount) is that your parties motto tittf ???.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Mon May 28, 2012 1:32 pm

tlttf wrote:Ah the man has excelled himself and reached the pinnacle of Labour elitism. Surely most of the labour luvvies have read this in their beloved Guardian and perhaps forgot to mention it.

Tony Blair's moral decline and fall is now complete

Tony Blair's willingness to prop up the brutal Kazakhstan regime shames the one-time champion of democracy

Off topic and the repetition of a message posted by you on the UK Economics board. That contravenes Posting Rule 4:-
https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t18-posting-rules#95
Ivan.

What's off topic Ivan, simply highlighting why the luvvie left love themselves, surely that could cause tory in fighting, anyway what's rule 4 and is it as bad as it sounds. Should I expect brown shirts knocking on my door. Isn't democracy and free speech marvellous Basketball

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon May 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Come on TLTTF....You should know by now that critisising the lefties is against the rules here.....naughty boy!!! Now stop with this inconvenient truth

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Mon May 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Very Happy

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon May 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Cheap remark from you, blue, not what I'd have expected.

We have a few house rules, and one of them is that you don't post the same message on more than one thread. And as this thread is about the results of the recent council elections and their possible effects, comments about Tony Blair and Kazakhstan are not appropriate here. There's nothing to stop tlttf or anyone else starting a thread on that subject on the world issues board, providing it is supported by an opening posting that includes some material to stimulate discussion, and not just a link.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Mon May 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Would the opening link be allowed Ivan. As I recall when I opened a thread without saying something marvellous about the labour party you removed it and boll*cked me for breaking rules, yet strangely you appear blind to others as long as they follow the trend of sucking up to the leftie trend. Weird world innit?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next