Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AP is reporting that all U.S. troops will be out of Iraq by year's end...all I can say is "Hot Damn!"

2 posters

Go down

The AP is reporting that all U.S. troops will be out of Iraq by year's end...all I can say is "Hot Damn!" Empty The AP is reporting that all U.S. troops will be out of Iraq by year's end...all I can say is "Hot Damn!"

Post by GreatNPowerfulOz Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:49 am

It's about time. Even though Obama and the Democrats will take credit for "ending the war", Obama has merely followed the withdrawal agreement Bush instituted with the Iraqis well before he left office. We need to get our guys out of that hole and let those people start slaughtering each other all over again.
GreatNPowerfulOz
GreatNPowerfulOz
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

The AP is reporting that all U.S. troops will be out of Iraq by year's end...all I can say is "Hot Damn!" Empty Re: The AP is reporting that all U.S. troops will be out of Iraq by year's end...all I can say is "Hot Damn!"

Post by Shirina Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:18 am

LOL! Yeah, all the conservatives have been blaming Obama for continuing the war up to this point but give Bush the credit for the planned withdrawal date. I'm not quite sure how that logic works, but I'm sure if someone provided a comprehensive flow chart, I might be able to decipher it.

Some of them even tried to credit Bush with the slaying of Osama which is even more hilarity wrapped in a conservative package.

But the politics aside, it will definitely be cause for celebration when we get our boys and girls out of that cesspool. The Muslims in that region have been blowing up each other for as long as there have been bombs and us being in the crossfire needs to end. If they don't want peace, well ... you can lead a horse to water and whatnot.

Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

The AP is reporting that all U.S. troops will be out of Iraq by year's end...all I can say is "Hot Damn!" Empty Re: The AP is reporting that all U.S. troops will be out of Iraq by year's end...all I can say is "Hot Damn!"

Post by GreatNPowerfulOz Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:41 am

Obama campaigned on bringing the troops home by the end of 2009....he said he would IMMEDIATELY begin withdrawing all our troops if elected. It is THAT nonsense that conservatives hammer him on for "continuing the war"; after all, all he had to do was issue the order to withdraw the troops.
GreatNPowerfulOz
GreatNPowerfulOz
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:04 am

Obama campaigned on bringing the troops home by the end of 2009....he said he would IMMEDIATELY begin withdrawing all our troops if elected.

That's not what his plan said. You've fallen for the usual conservative anti-Obama spin tactics. Here's what the plan said:

On February 27, 2009, at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune in North Carolina, President Barack Obama announced a deadline for the withdrawal of combat troops from Iraq. According to the president, by August 31, 2010, after nearly seven and a half years of United States military engagement in Iraq, all but a "transitional force" of 35,000 to 50,000 troops would be withdrawn from the Middle Eastern nation. Obama defined the task of the transitional force as "training, equipping, and advising Iraqi Security Forces as long as they remain non-sectarian; conducting targeted counter-terrorism missions; and protecting our ongoing civilian and military efforts within Iraq".[15] Under this plan, the majority of troops will be withdrawn just a month after the deadline in the signed agreement between former President George W. Bush and Prime Minister of Iraq Nouri al-Maliki where the majority of troops will be withdrawn at one point, and the entirety of troops to be out by December 31, 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq

If Obama pulled all the troops out before Bush's deadline, America would be breaking a formal agreement made with the Iraqi Prime Minister. I'm all for the idea of America keeping its word, aren't you?
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatNPowerfulOz Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:26 am

I think I pretty clearly stated that SENATOR Obama made the promises of bringing home the troops by the end of his first year in office, not the promises PRESIDENT Obama made. Hell, everyone knows that Obama became GWB's 3rd term in office as soon as he started getting the same intel briefings GWB was getting after the election....all the shucking and jiving stopped cold.

G'nite Sweetness....hope you're feeling well.
GreatNPowerfulOz
GreatNPowerfulOz
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:47 am

GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
It's about time.
Yep.
GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
Even though Obama and the Democrats will take credit for "ending the war"
No "Obama and the Democrats" won't, which won't stop you from spinning everything that Obama does to fit your blind ideology. Oh, well, it's your blindness that cripples your ability to see truth, and that's nothing new. By the way, I thought about posting an excerpt from the actual story, with proper accreditation and link, but then I thought, "Let's see if Oz remains true to form by starting a thread containing your favorite mantra, "Obama and the Democrats", just because I needed a laugh.

Thanks for brightening up what would have been a dreary evening.

GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
Obama has merely followed the withdrawal agreement Bush instituted with the Iraqis well before he left office.
No, Obama is not "merely followed the withdrawal agreement Bush instituted with the Iraqis well before he left office"; Obama is making good on yet another of his campaign promise, this one to withdraw all combat troops from Iraq, which promise was closely linked to a promise to seek out and destroy al qaida, lowercase intentional.

Lessee now, combat troops out of Iraq, check; kill Osama bin Laden, check; kill every al qaida within Predator purview, including treasonous Americans who godfather sinister schemes to destroy innocent human live, check.

Pretty damned good so far, no disrespect to George W. Bush, who, since I live in a world of truth rather than a world of ideological fantasy, I am free to appreciate, but Obama stepped it up exponentially ("big numbers" exponentially) since 20 January 2009, and he even enlisted the unwilling help of Donald "the elevator doesn't go to the top floor" Trump to keep his intentions hidden from the media idiots that can't hold a secret in a bucket.

GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
We need to get our guys out of that hole and let those people start slaughtering each other all over again.
That's exactly what Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. has done and is doing. You see, in spite of criticism of his name from certain people (which is why I tend to post his full name, including the Hussein! Hussein! Hussein! part), Barack Hussein (Hussein! Hussein! Hussein!) Obama Jr. knows the enemy, as those who know the culture of the enemy tend to know, and has successfully taught the American people that we need never again attempt to teach democracy to those who have no concept of democracy in which all people are guaranteed liberty and justice.

Y'all come back, now, y' heah?
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:58 am

GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
SENATOR Obama...
... was not the Commander in Chief, and, in fact, had no command of the United States Army, the United States Navy, the United States Air Force, the United States Marine Corps, the United States Coast Guard, or any United States troops of any type.
GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
PRESIDENT Obama...
... is the Commander in Chief, and, in fact, has overall and final command of the United States Army, the United States Navy, the United States Air Force, the United States Marine Corps, the United States Coast Guard, and all United States troops of all types.

Last edited by RockOnBrother on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatNPowerfulOz Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:01 am

lol...

You are more than welcome to try to document how, in any fashion, Obama has deviated from Bush's timeline to expedite the removal of our troops from Iraq and thus should be considered, in any way, responsible for "ending the war" when all he's done is kept GWB's promises made to Iraq? In point of fact, Obama is basically being "run out of Iraq" by Muqtada al-Sadr...the cleric responsible for most of the sectarian violence which killed far more persons than combat operations ever did since we invaded Iraq; Al-Malarki is in al-Sadr's hip pocket.
GreatNPowerfulOz
GreatNPowerfulOz
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:15 am

GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
lol...
That's your predictable "comeback", perhaps because it's difficult to come back in the face of truth.
GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
You are more than welcome to try to document how, in any fashion, Obama has deviated from Bush's timeline to expedite the removal of our troops from Iraq
You are more than welcome to document the fact that President Obama promised to "bring the boys home" from Iraq, and that President Obama fulfilled his campaign promise to kill Osama Who Swims With Fishes.
GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
and thus should be considered, in any way, responsible for "ending the war"
Since he didn't say "ending the war", and he did say "bring there boys home", I'll pass.
GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:
when all he's done is kept GWB's promises made to Iraq?
All he has done is "bring the boys home", something which you seem unable to appreciate.

Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatNPowerfulOz Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:28 am

That's your predictable "comeback", perhaps because it's difficult to come back in the face of truth.

"lol" is not a "comeback...it's merely meant to indicate that the comment to which I am responding was ridiculous enough to have me laughing out loud.

just an FYI
GreatNPowerfulOz
GreatNPowerfulOz
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:00 pm

I think I pretty clearly stated that SENATOR Obama made the promises

This is just a bash-point (rather than a talking point) conservatives use to, well, bash the president. It's been well proven and well documented that no matter what Obama does, the conservatives are going to hammer him for it. They'll even argue from a liberal standpoint if they have to in order to avoid giving the man any credit whatsoever. Thus even when Obama does what conservatives want him to do, they'll bash him for it. That's irrational hatred, not political analysis, so I barely listen to what they have to say.

In regards to SENATOR Obama making any kinds of military promises during a time of war, anyone foolish enough to believe said promises were being hopelessly naive.

Presidential candidates do not have all the facts. In truth, neither do we. A candidate can only make promises based on what he knows at the time of his campaign, but there is a plethora of information that only the president and his advisers know and understand. This is never more true than when it involves combat military operations.
G'nite Sweetness....hope you're feeling well.
I feel pretty good right now, but, eh, it comes and goes. I'm on my way out for my grandmother's 88th birthday. Her home state is NC (she lives in PA now), but a large chunk of the family decided to bring her to NC for her birthday, which means everyone is only 2 hours away. I haven't seen my family in almost 2 years.

Hope all is well in the Land of Oz! Cool
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:25 pm

GreatNPowerfulOz wrote:That's your predictable "comeback", perhaps because it's difficult to come back in the face of truth.

"lol" is not a "comeback...it's merely meant to indicate that the comment to which I am responding was ridiculous enough to have me laughing out loud.
Interesting, since "the comment to which [you are] responding" is truth. Do you often "lol" (or whatever) when "responding" to truth? Do you also occasionally "sos" when "responding" to truth?
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down