Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets

+5
Phil Hornby
Redflag
oftenwrong
skwalker1964
sickchip
9 posters

Go down

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Empty Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets

Post by sickchip Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:00 pm

It seems this is all the poor plebs deserve in corporate Britain. Feed 'em crap and bleed 'em of every last penny.

Do politicians care at all? It seems we are becoming less civilised, less caring, and more ruthless as a nation. Thatcher's dog eat dog ethos is flourishing.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Empty Re: Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets

Post by skwalker1964 Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:37 pm

sickchip wrote:It seems this is all the poor plebs deserve in corporate Britain. Feed 'em crap and bleed 'em of every last penny.

Do politicians care at all? It seems we are becoming less civilised, less caring, and more ruthless as a nation. Thatcher's dog eat dog ethos is flourishing.

I've never played the lottery. I have eaten horse - knowingly, when I was in France and was offered it. It tasted good - richer than beef, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. I've never bought a Tesco burger, but I have intentionally eaten a variety of weird stuff lol.
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

http://skwalker1964.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Empty Re: Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets

Post by oftenwrong Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Will Self, writing in today's Sunday Times, refers to the National Lottery as "The Chav Tax".
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 pm

“Horse burgers”

Horse steaks and horse burgers are good eats. I once regularly purchased and consumed horse. Can’t beat horse filet mignon (medium rare, bacon wrapped) with a stick!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

sickchip wrote:It seems this is all the poor plebs deserve in corporate Britain. Feed 'em crap and bleed 'em of every last penny.

I think sickchip you have put your finger on the problem, but I did not except anything else from the Tories as you have said its the Thatcher era brought back with a vengeance.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:01 pm

"... Thatcher's dog eat dog ethos is flourishing"

To be fair, some progress appears to have been made. At least we now have a 'man eats horse' approach to feeding the British public... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 pm

What do you want to put on your Horse Burger, Sir?

Oh. err, Five quid each way, please.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 am

oftenwrong wrote:What do you want to put on your Horse Burger, Sir?

Nigel Farage cracked that joke on QT last week, my version is "Its no use bolting the stable door after the Horse has Bolted"
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 am

Redflag wrote:

Nigel Farage cracked that joke on QT last week, my version is "Its no use bolting the stable door after the Horse has Bolted"

Horse burgers? I say neigh!
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:57 am

skwalker1964 wrote:
Redflag wrote:

Horse burgers? I say neigh!

Is that to your Neigh-bours OW.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 pm

I think sickchip you have put your finger on the problem, but I did not except anything else from the Tories as you have said its the Thatcher era brought back with a vengeance..

As usual Redflag....Paranoid and delutional. Now please come down from your ivory tower and tell us all how amazingly generous a Labour government would be. If you actually know anything about the Labour party this is?

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 pm

blueturando wrote:
I think sickchip you have put your finger on the problem, but I did not except anything else from the Tories as you have said its the Thatcher era brought back with a vengeance..

As usual Redflag....Paranoid and delutional. Now please come down from your ivory tower and tell us all how amazingly generous a Labour government would be. If you actually know anything about the Labour party this is?

I became a PROUD Labour party member on the 11th of May 2010, SIX days after the Tories got not a majority but never the less into power because I knew what was coming a continuation of the Thatcher/Major gov't, after voting Labour all my life would like to let you know and the rest of this forum I was Elected Vice Chair of my CLP so yes I do know about the Labour party and everything it stands for which is FAIRNESS for ALL, and not like the Tories who protect the Elite or as you would know it the top 10% that are as shower of shysters and defraud the H.M.R.C of Billions, they want to make there money here but do not want to pay there correct amount of tax to the country where they make money.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 pm

yes I do know about the Labour party and everything it stands for which is FAIRNESS for ALL

You are kidding me right?! It's not April the 1st is it? You've been eating too many horse burgers Redflag.

Right!!! off the top of my head.....Mr Brown tries to abolish the 10p tax rate, while leaving the top rate at 40p....Oh yeah fairness for all, give me a break!!!

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlVhW_Y4M5CbLm2uT6PV29rVclYCvV4idY8drORpdrHiYoz7Iy(moviemail.com)

" Get off yer horse and ...er...eat yer burger..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Did you know that findings of the Food Standards Agency are State Secrets unless they choose to make them public?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUqLDGiyhOH1zx-vMmMAyWmPziYduymy5vvETz-vUWS8S38XXA(flickeflu.cpm)

" Cynthia, those burgers we had last night gave me the trots..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm

I found two beef burgers in the freezer yesterday so I had a beef burger sandwich i think there were horse meat in them. I woke up this morning with a bit in my mouth.

The government gave Camelot permission to raise the price, a pound a ticket the Governments cut is about 700 million a year, raising it to two pounds will over double it. Since the backlash, the Government says they are having nothing to do with it. They said also If they lose out by them putting up the price they will lose the franchise. With the people of this country struggling to make ends meet, this raise smacks of pure greed, they are as bad as the bankers.
It should have gone to Branson the last time the franchise was up for grabs, it smacks of corruption to me, Branson wouldn't be so greedy.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Top and bottom of it is - they know beggars can't be choosers........don't they.

You'll eat what you're given and your aspirations and ambitions have become a punt on a lottery ticket.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Meanwhile at the Racing Stables...

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Horses_in_snow_MSU(extension.org)

" Have they ever fed you one of those people burgers?"
" Yes, but I didn't take a fence..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 pm

blueturando wrote:
yes I do know about the Labour party and everything it stands for which is FAIRNESS for ALL

You are kidding me right?! It's not April the 1st is it? You've been eating too many horse burgers Redflag.

Right!!! off the top of my head.....Mr Brown tries to abolish the 10p tax rate, while leaving the top rate at 40p....Oh yeah fairness for all, give me a break!!!

But your talking like it was the 12th of NEVER, and if it was up to you and your fcuking gov't we would be eating SHYTE and horse burgers would be better. Gordon Brown did abolish the 10p tax I never heard you asking why ? The City B(W)ankers and hedge fund managers you know the people I'm talking about Tory Donors the reason G.Brown had to abolish the 10p tax rate so that he could pay the interest on the money he HAD to Borrow to bail the Backstud City bankers out.

You open your mouth and your butt does the talking that is why the forum is full of ASS GRAVY.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:08 pm

I wonder what's on the menu in Davos.....
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:24 pm

jackthelad wrote:I found two beef burgers in the freezer yesterday so I had a beef burger sandwich i think there were horse meat in them. I woke up this morning with a bit in my mouth.

The government gave Camelot permission to raise the price, a pound a ticket the Governments cut is about 700 million a year, raising it to two pounds will over double it. Since the backlash, the Government says they are having nothing to do with it. They said also If they lose out by them putting up the price they will lose the franchise. With the people of this country struggling to make ends meet, this raise smacks of pure greed, they are as bad as the bankers.
It should have gone to Branson the last time the franchise was up for grabs, it smacks of corruption to me, Branson wouldn't be so greedy.

I entirely agree with what you have said jackthelad, this might explain it though, the more they have the more the wealthy want greedy backstuds, but the Tories will pay the price come May 2015 and thereafter be known as "The One Term Firm" if they thought that 13 years was a long time let me enlighten them people memories will be a lot longer than 13 years.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Meanwhile at the Racing Stables...

" Have they ever fed you one of those people burgers?"
" Yes, but I didn't take a fence..."

Two of my favourite cartoons ever seem apposite here:

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Larson10

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Far-si10

Smile
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 pm

To the unemployed citizen, the possibility of a Lottery Win may be the only chink of light in the darkness, and whilst it's probably true to describe it as a Tax on the Poor, what else can give you something to actually look forward to? (Apart from Divine Intervention to stop the Tories in their tracks.)

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Lottery_winner

You're a fool if you do the Lottery - and a fool if you don't.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

oftenwrong wrote:To the unemployed citizen, the possibility of a Lottery Win may be the only chink of light in the darkness, and whilst it's probably true to describe it as a Tax on the Poor, what else can give you something to actually look forward to? (Apart from Divine Intervention to stop the Tories in their tracks.)

You're a fool if you do the Lottery - and a fool if you don't.

Probably makes more sense than relying on the Tories for help when you need it:

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Social11
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Angus MacTavish Makes his Plea

Horse burgers and £2 lottery tickets Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDjDLDSoIO5ahmu1KtqzqwS_uNhQYO55XOgQ9WcJnzAFrQzlGL

" Lord. please send me a Lottery win!"

( Voice from afar) " Meet me half-way, Angus - at least buy a ticket..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:22 pm

I know lets ban the bookies (another tax on the poor) and alcohol. There everybody's happy now.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 am

tlttf wrote:I know lets ban the bookies (another tax on the poor) and alcohol. There everybody's happy now.

Typical Tory Attitude I never heard you say lets stop the pay day loan sharks from charging so EXORBITANT Interest rates ?? the reson being tory donors Lord Beecroft has his finger in that pie, the reason that Camelot is putting tickets up to £2.00 because they know the Tories will not stop them from making more money, and before you start just who gave the lottery franchise to Camelot it was your dull man John Major.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Ok red, lets stop the loan sharks as well. Remember when Major started the lottery, all the profits went to charities, think back mate, it was Blair that changed the rules so that the government had input has to who the money went to.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 pm

tlttf wrote:Ok red, lets stop the loan sharks as well. Remember when Major started the lottery, all the profits went to charities, think back mate, it was Blair that changed the rules so that the government had input has to who the money went to.

Not perhaps un-connected with an earlier Camelot decision to give Churchill's grandson MP a large sum of Lottery money in order to "buy" his grandfather's memoirs.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Oh I just wish everyone was honest and acted in the best interest of their community!!
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm

tlttf wrote:Ok red, lets stop the loan sharks as well. Remember when Major started the lottery, all the profits went to charities, think back mate, it was Blair that changed the rules so that the government had input has to who the money went to.

What about the man at the top of Camelot getting paid £1 Million a year does that money go to godd causes does it fcuk it goes into his (more than likely) off shore account, so is that how Osbourn can boast that he has paid of 25% of the deficit :pirat: :pirat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down