Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Christian fundamentalists apologists for genocide?

+8
tlttf
jackthelad
GreatNPowerfulOz
Phil Hornby
oftenwrong
Shirina
astra
Ivan
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Are Christian fundamentalists apologists for genocide? - Page 3 Empty Are Christian fundamentalists apologists for genocide?

Post by Ivan Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Professor Richard Dawkins has refused to take part in a debate with William Lane Craig, a self-styled philosopher who argues that the Canaanites were debauched and sinful and therefore deserved to be slaughtered.

Most modern preachers wouldn’t defend the instruction in Deuteronomy 20:13-15 to kill all the men in a conquered city and to seize the women, children and livestock as plunder. Verses 16 and 17 are even worse: "When you capture cities in the land that the Lord your God is giving you, kill everyone. Completely destroy all the people."

If Christians take every word of their Bible literally, does it mean they condone mass murder? And if they don’t accept all that’s written there, aren’t they being hypocrites for cherry-picking what they accept and don't accept?

Read more of what Richard Dawkins has to say on this:-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/oct/20/richard-dawkins-william-lane-craig

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Are Christian fundamentalists apologists for genocide? - Page 3 Empty Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-pope-slams-deviant-forms-of-religion-in-wake-of-paris-attacks-9971981.html

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam are evil?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Are Christian fundamentalists apologists for genocide? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Christian fundamentalists apologists for genocide?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Are Christian fundamentalists apologists for genocide?

Well here's a recent exchange from the thread "Sharia law vs. Christian law" I have linked my post for the page reference, and all posts have dates and times for reference. It seems at least one religious apologist on here is happy to repeatedly be an apologist for genocide, and much more besides, pretty much anything really.

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:39 pm
So just to clarify this, do you think rapine, genocide, slavery, and misogyny are morally inexcusable UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES? LINK

polyglide wrote: by polyglide on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:06 pm
God does what is necessay under the prevailing circumstances and has no need or reason to explain the reasons because those who believe in him will know that all he does is for the best interests of his people.

polyglide wrote:by polyglide on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:02 pm
I can justify God doing anything

polyglide wrote:by polyglide on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 pm
If God feels that anything is appropriate it is alright with me.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Are Christian fundamentalists apologists for genocide? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Christian fundamentalists apologists for genocide?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3