Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cameron leaves Tibetans to burn

4 posters

Go down

Cameron leaves Tibetans to burn Empty Cameron leaves Tibetans to burn

Post by Chas Peeps Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:26 pm

I always knew that our country’s political ruling elite is a huddle of back-stabbing cowards. Perhaps today David Cameron plumbed new depths of international treachery in our name, bringing shame on our country in pursuit of ever-greater trade with China, Tibet’s invader and cruel tormentor.

When asked about the Tibet issue he cynically conceded that he had met Tibet’s spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, in the past but had no further plans to meet him in the future.  This was a disgusting attempt to cut Tibet adrift for good to curry favour with his new Chinese ‘friends’, while an ever-increasing number of Tibetans kill themselves in protest at Chinese annexation and oppression by setting themselves on fire (self immolation).

The tragedy is that while Cameron sells out the suffering Tibetan people, we are like a flea on the elephant’s back in relation to China. Cameron will make all of his proud proclamations about fighting for British business abroad. In reality, his plan of exporting more and more jobs from the UK to China to make his rich friends even richer will bring more misery to the working people of our country while Chinese capitalists destroy their own and Tibet with it.

I am truly ashamed to be British on days like these. The likes of Cameron seem politically indestructible right now but their day will come. Perhaps they never heeded the line  ‘be careful who you tread on on the way up as you never know who you will meet on the way down’. Or they think they really ARE politically indestructible. They will reap what they sow.
Chas Peeps
Chas Peeps

http://www.crestofaslump.com

Back to top Go down

Cameron leaves Tibetans to burn Empty Re: Cameron leaves Tibetans to burn

Post by boatlady Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Hullo Chas, nice to meet you.
I've also been watching the cosying up to China with some trepidation and anxiety.
The Chinese record on human rights is not one that makes a person feel at all comfortable, and one can't help wondering in Cameron is in fact looking for tips on how to set up forced work camps and the like in England.
I do hope you're right and that his day will come - I look forward to laughing at his discomfort when he is ignominiously thrown out of No 10
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:01 am

Whoever's the PM will sidle up to China imo. In a way it's hard to blame them, even though it isn't 'right'. It's a huge market that can't be ignored and their leaders don't take kindly to being told what to do by foreigners. Also, remember the state visit in 1999 when protesters were blocked from the Chinese president's view?
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:06 pm

During the past twenty years, "Western Nations" have watched jobs disappear into the Chinese economic Dragon. If there's a chance to get some of them back now, it would be silly to ignore it.

The word you're looking for is pragmatism.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down