Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clegg has managed to surface again!

+14
boatlady
Penderyn
skwalker1964
trevorw2539
Ivanhoe
Redflag
Stox 16
Phil Hornby
Ivan
bobby
tlttf
oftenwrong
astra
astradt1
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Clegg has managed to surface again! - Page 3 Empty Clegg has managed to surface again!

Post by astradt1 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Today, after what seems like a couple of months in hiding, Clegg has crawled out from his bunker and made a 'bold' announcement on youth unemployment.....

He has 'promised' places on what could be called YTS v2011 but is being called 'Youth Contract', in which £1 Billion will be spent (Given to employers) over the next 3 years to provide upto 6 months work experience to the 16 to 24 year old's.........

Clegg said that the youth contract scheme would create work experience opportunities for 410,000 young people, as well as wage subsidies of £2,275 for employers to hire 160,000 young people. The subsidy, which lasts for six months, are equivalent to half the youth minimum wage.

The Confederation of British Industries (CBI) has been lobbying for the creation of a £1,500 credit for firms that take on 16-24-year old. CBI director-general John Cridland said on Friday that the youth contract "will encourage firms to take a gamble on a young inexperienced person and help tackle the scourge of youth unemployment."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/11/25/youth-contract-how-is-it-funded_n_1112727.html?ref=uk

Lord Sugar has already said he can see some employers take the young on for six months then get rid of them and take on new ones.........as happened in the 1980's Torys Youth Training Scheme.....the only difference between then and now is it was for only 3 month then........and 6 month now........

The other thing about this is that Clegg has not said where the money is going to come from???????
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Clegg has managed to surface again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clegg has managed to surface again!

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:40 pm

"The Fixed Term Parliaments Act of 2011 allows for an election before the end of the five-year term:- .... if a motion for an early general election is agreed .... without division."

I don't think I'll hold my breath for that one, Ivan. It's showing a red-flag to the gravy-train.

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Clegg has managed to surface again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clegg has managed to surface again!

Post by Redflag Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 am

I think we should take a look at the number of Tory and Lib-Dems that have said they will be standing down at the next general election, the same ones that just came into the HOC in 2010 I think there constituents have been letting them know in no uncertain tones not to come looking for their vote in May 2015.   So they are jumping before they are pushed by the electorate OW & Ivan  pokenest
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Entrely possible, Redflag. but the Lib-Dems are about to implode over bottom-fondling allegations. What better way to go?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:44 am

I hope the imploding happens soon OW, that would leave the Bullingdon boys club on there A**ES and just maybe an early general election  cheers cheers cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:01 pm

The yellow Tory is popping his head up again, telling Ed Miliband he would do a deal with him after the 2015 general election only if Ed would not break the bank, and Ed would have to accepts the Fib-Dems cuts, something I read in Andrew Adonis book "Five Days in May" it tells the story of how Cleggy and the L/Ds played off Labour against the Tories to form the coalition of 2010.

Ed Miliband has been on tv news program to say he is looking for a majority gov't because he knows he will need a majority so that he can undo all the vile nasty bills that Cleggy has he;ped the Tories to get through the H.O.C.   Cleggy is surmising that he will have a seat in the HOC in 2015 and that he will have enough MPs to form a coalition with whoever would take him on because Ed has taken Labour out of the mix, people would not be happy with the Labour party if Ed did enter into a coalition with him because the Fib-Dems are poison to the majority of the UK .   Cleggy thinks he will be the future King maker as far as gov't goes but he would be lucky if even the Tories would take him on with the way the Tory back benches think of the L/Ds. headbang 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Do we believe anyone will vote for these tories' bum-boys with their 'personal pledges'?   People are stupid and brainwashed, but THAT stupid and brainwashed?   I do hope not.
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:46 pm

Penderyn I do not know where the Fib-Dems brains are, every by-election in the last FOUR YEARS they have lost except for Eastleigh, in most of these by-election they have even lost their deposit maybe that is why Cleggy has said he would be willing to go into coalition with the Labour party, but in todays Daily Mirror Ed Miliband has spelled it out no coalition with any party Ed wants a majority gov't so that he can undo all those nasty vile bills the Fib-Dems helped to make law. deadhorse
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Redflag wrote:Penderyn I do not know where the Fib-Dems brains are, every by-election in the last FOUR YEARS they have lost except for Eastleigh, in most of these by-election they have even lost their deposit maybe that is why Cleggy has said he would be willing to go into coalition with the Labour party, but in todays Daily Mirror Ed Miliband has spelled it out no coalition with any party Ed wants a majority gov't so that he can undo all those nasty vile bills the Fib-Dems helped to make law. deadhorse

That's good. I can't see how you have a coalition with nobody, though, anyway!
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:44 pm

I shudder to think what effect it would have on the credibility of the Labour Party were they to go into a coalition with the LibDems.

Aside of any other consideration, I thought consorting with prostitutes was illegal...            Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Phil Hornby. I agree. The Labour Party would lose a lot of members if it did any deals with those unprincipled scavangers. The very idea of Clegg and his cronies being part of a government which sets out to undo at least some of what they helped the Tories pass into law would also increase voter cynicism about politics in general.

Should Labour be the largest party after the election but not have a majority, it should either rule as a minority government, or if the arithmetic allows, make deals with Plaid Cymru, the SDLP and Caroline Lucas (if she's still around; Electoral Calculus predicts that Labour will take her Brighton seat).
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:11 pm

I think the Lib Dems (probably with a new leader) would bend over backwards to team up with Labour in the event that they held the balance of power and Labour were the biggest party in a hung parliament. The Lib-Dems would probably view it as a chance to regain some credibility by being part of a more 'caring' government. It would be far from ideal from a Labour pov but it might be the only viable solution. A minority government in this scenario would arguably give the Lib-Dems even more power. Also, the SDLP only have 3 MPs at present, having seen their support whittled away by Sinn Fein in the last 15 years. Plaid have the same number, a mere 3 members at Westminster.

Last edited by Dan Fante on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected typos)
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Labour may well have no choice.

It's most likely going to be another hung parliament IMO. Probably within that there will be a labour majority which means that unless they do a deal with clegg then clegg will go back to the tories and they will have the majority which will screw labour either way.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:08 pm

ghost whistler wrote:Labour may well have no choice.

It's most likely going to be another hung parliament IMO. Probably within that there will be a labour majority which means that unless they do a deal with clegg then clegg will go back to the tories and they will have the majority which will screw labour either way.
Of course a General Strike would see 'em off in a week, but we seem to have had our guts taken out, don't we? Why not let them try it on, though?
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Labour has chosen a local man - Oliver Coppard - to fight Clegg in his supposedly safe seat of Sheffield Hallam in the general election next year. Sheffield students are unlikely to vote for Clegg, regardless of how many bogus pledges he might make, and I can't see many natural Labour supporters being tempted to vote tactically, so who knows?

http://labourlist.org/2014/02/is-it-probable-ill-beat-clegg-no-but-its-possible/
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Three "events" could return a Labour government almost unopposed. Scottish independence declared. UKIP landslide in MEP elections, and more flooding in the Tory heartland next winter.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Penderyn wrote:Of course a General Strike would see 'em off in a week, but we seem to have had our guts taken out, don't we?   Why not let them try it on, though?
The unions won't strike. They haven't thus far and have had more than enough provocation.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:05 pm

ghost whistler wrote:The unions won't strike. They haven't thus far and have had more than enough provocation.

The bureaucracy fits in with capitalism.   What matters, always, is what the members think and do.
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:42 pm

The union leadership is a joke.

Serwotka's crocodile tears over the actions willingly carried out by his members (not all, obviously) make me sick.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 am

I have to agree with you GW the Unions should have called a general strike months ago  cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:20 pm

"Those who fail to learn from History are destined to repeat it over, and over again ...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_General_Strike_1926

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:40 pm

ghost whistler wrote:The unions won't strike. They haven't thus far and have had more than enough provocation.

When you remember what the Unions did during the Poll Tax protest which was nastiness from the Tories once again to what the Tories are doing now but the Unions seem to be sitting on there hands I a;ways thought the Unions were there to protect there workers  headbang
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:13 pm

In the Letters page of todays Daily Mirror heading "Power Crazed Clegg" there are letters from Somerset S/Yorkshire Lancs Manchester Newcastle & Wales, all saying that Ed Miliband was right for telling Cleggy Thanks but no Thanks to trying to do a back room deal with Ed for a Lab/Lib pact coalition for May 2015.    So it will be up to us on this forum and those of us that are on twitter to get people off there butts and  get the people out on Polling Day 2015 to make sure Ed gets his majority gov't so that he can undo all those nasty bills that the Fib/Dems helped the Tories get through the H.O.C.

There is some people that are unable to get out there campaigning but there is other things that need to be done donations of money where that is possible or stuffing envelopes, during the Scottish election in 2011 I stuffed 10,000 envelopes in 4 weeks and on the day of polling I was in the campaign office making tea & coffee & sandwiches for all those standing outside polling stations getting soaked it was appreciated by all.    Later on I was picked up to be taken to where the count was taking place I stood at one of the counting tables counting how many votes the Labour party was getting we lost a lot of good Labour MSP that day but I think we will do better in 2016. cheers 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Redflag wrote:When you remember what the Unions did during the Poll Tax protest which was nastiness from the Tories once again to what the Tories are doing now but the Unions seem to be sitting on there hands I a;ways thought the Unions were there to protect there workers  headbang
the workers need to bypass union leadership. Look at Serwotka: he speaks against the tories and it sounds great. But where is his leadership when his staff (not all) sanction people for missing appointments due to funerals or while their children are dying of cancer! If the issue of sanctions isn't crisis enough to provoke action, then what is the point of the PCS?
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:28 pm

" If the issue of sanctions isn't crisis enough to provoke action..."

And what, precisely, do we hear from Miliband on this disgusting and cruel situation?

Yep - thought so...       Rolling Eyes
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:22 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:-
And what, precisely, do we hear from Miliband on this disgusting and cruel situation?

Yep - thought so...
You continually make these barbed references to so-called Labour inactivity, but what makes you think that Labour politicians are doing nothing? The continuing censorship at the BBC?  silent 

Earlier this week there were over 100 demonstrations across the country against ATOS, and yet not a mention from the BBC. There’s hardly any coverage of the Brooks and Coulson trial either – until something unfavourable to Labour occurs, as with a mention of Tony Blair yesterday - and of course then it became the top story on Radio 4’s ‘PM’ programme.

I’m not sure what you expect Labour politicians to do. Storm the BBC and gatecrash live programmes? Occupy the premises of ‘The Daily Mail’ and force the paper to print the truth for a change? I do know that almost every weekend, Labour members and politicians try to get their message across on people’s doorsteps. I also know that if you click on the websites of a few shadow cabinet members, you’ll soon find that they don’t sit on their arses in the Westminster tea rooms all day every day.

Rachel Reeves is the shadow work and pensions secretary. No doubt you think she’s been doing nothing, since the BBC only mentions her when she’s considered "snoring boring" for trying to discuss facts – those things which are anathema to the lying bastard she shadows. You might care to have a look at these links, the contents of all of which have, to the best of my knowledge, gone unreported by the media:-

20 January:-
http://www.rachelreevesmp.co.uk/ippr_speech_a_one_nation_approach_to_social_security_taking_the_next_steps

8 February:-
http://www.rachelreevesmp.co.uk/rachel_s_article_for_the_telegraph_on_fixing_the_broken_pensions_system

12 February:-
http://www.rachelreevesmp.co.uk/rachel_s_article_for_the_mirror_on_axing_the_bedroom_tax

19 February:-
http://www.rachelreevesmp.co.uk/rachel_s_response_to_david_cameron_s_moral_crusade_on_welfare

Most of the papers will only print news about Labour if it’s negative, and our so-called ‘impartial’ BBC, in the safe hands of Chris Patten (who still takes the Tory whip in the House of Lords), behaves in much the same way. If an intelligent and articulate chap like you can’t see what’s going on, then no doubt the masses will fall for it as well.

I’ll now go and try to find something relevant to this thread to post about Nick Clegg…..
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:14 am

With the Labour lead in the opinion polls firm but not unassailable, as it was in 1997, there are plenty of pundits predicting another hung parliament next year. In his characteristically unprincipled way, Nick Clegg has been eyeing up the chance of staying in office (though he’s never actually been in power) by making overtures to the Labour Party.

This posed a dilemma for the Labour leadership. Be nice to Clegg and the Liberal Democrats and you might drive a wedge between them and the Tories. However, the Lib Dems are toxic (they couldn’t even manage 5% in the Wythenshawe and Sale East by-election last week) after all the dastardly things they’ve allowed the Tories to do, and cosying up to them would infuriate Labour voters and undoubtedly see a loss of party members. You also risk sending a message to all those people who have switched their allegiance from the Lib Dems to Labour since 2010 that it’s now safe to go back. On the other hand, if you tell Clegg to get lost, you drive him and his MPs back into the arms of the Tories and risk another ConDem government after the election. (Assuming of course that the Lib Dems aren’t decimated by the voters, which has to be a possibility.)

I’m pleased to see that Ed Miliband has chosen the latter option. He’s told Clegg that he’s not interested in 'backroom deals', and Douglas Alexander, Labour’s election co-ordinator, added: “The Lib Dems would like to position themselves as halfway between Labour and the Conservatives. The truth is they are not the internal opposition to the Conservatives, they are the enablers of the Conservatives. In May 2010 many voters who genuinely felt they had voted for a centre-left party in the Lib Dems woke up and discovered their votes had delivered a centre-right government.” (I’ve sent a tweet to Mr Alexander, congratulating him on his stance but saying that there isn’t anything ‘centre’ about this government!)

Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow cabinet office minister, went further: “Nick Clegg’s record is duplicity and complicity with the Tories. Why would Labour want to help him stay in government? We’re not fighting the next election so that we can ask the party who helped push through David Cameron’s top-down NHS reorganisation to help us reverse it, or so that we can ask the party who voted to impose the hated bedroom tax to vote with us to scrap it, or so that we can ask the party that cut taxes for millionaires to join us in reintroducing the 50p rate.”

So there we have it. Let’s work flat out in our various ways to ensure that a majority Labour government is elected in May next year, so that Clegg and his quislings are confined to the dustbin of history.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/labour-refuse-liberal-democrat-offer-3155900
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:39 am

IVAN In todays Daily Mirror page 27 Paul Routledge page there is an article that might not surprise you but will surprise my fellow boarders on CE, I will write it word for word there are facts and figures you will be able to verify for all on here.

Title is CLEGG GETS A CLOGGING!

Its such a pleasure to see a loyal Lib-Dem call Nick Clegg a LIAR, especially one that knows what he is talking about.   John Cole a retired Economics teacher, of Baildon West Yorkshire, wrote to his regional paper to complain about his party's propaganda line that "Labour can't be trusted with the economy"

"From my research it is clear that the Labour gov't was pretty responsible with the nation's finances" he said.   In 2007 both the deficit (2.4% of GDP) and the national debt (36.5%) were lower than in 1997((3.4% of GDP national debtof 42.5%)    The deficit inherited by the Coalition was the result of the financial crash - it was made in Wall Street and not in Downing street.   The evidence on this is robust"  Hold on, it gets better.

" I have written to my party on THREE Ocassions" he goes on "correcting their assertions in this area.   What they (and the Tories) are circulating is a MANUFACTURED MYTH.    I am saddened that my party has sought to PERPETUATED this LIE, especally since we came into the 2010 election promising a more honest politics.
Foot note from Mr Routledge is ; Thank you Mr Whisleeblower Cole, for exposing the BIG FIB your leader seeks to foist on the electorate.

The enbolden bits are mine to highlight parts of the text.  Now it's up to us to draw our own conclusions of why John Cole wrote to his local paper, was it his constituents telling him to EFF OFF and not come looking them to vote for him in 2015, or was it his conscience bothering him or could it be he is thinking about "Crossing the Floor" and how many more of the L/Ds MPs are thinking down the same lines? stirpot 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 am

Evidently Farage has indicated acceptance of Clegg's demand for a face-to-face debate on telly.

I confess I have no idea how that might play. We do indeed live in interesting times.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:10 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Evidently Farage has indicated acceptance of Clegg's demand for a face-to-face debate on telly.  

I confess I have no idea how that might play.  We do indeed live in interesting times.

The final death of political truth in Britain? Would anyone broadcast such drivel?
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Might make more sense if they were allowed weapons
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:01 pm

boatlady wrote:Might make more sense if they were allowed weapons

Like it! Poison gas would be most effective, and no more than an extension of what they come up with anyway!
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:36 pm

That's exactly how the composition of the government was decided when the Vikings invaded Britain. Berserkers 15 - Angles 0 after extra time.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:02 pm

boatlady wrote:Might make more sense if they were allowed weapons

Do you think boatlady that could be STILLETTOS at dawn ? Laughing Laughing 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:46 pm

" Evidently Farage has indicated acceptance of Clegg's demand for a face-to-face debate on telly.  "

Perfect. I can see the billing now  :  ' The Smoker & Boozer versus the Choker & Loser...'     Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Stillettos sounds good, but a nice caveman club might give better entertainment
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:06 am

boatlady wrote:Stillettos sounds good, but a nice caveman club might give better entertainment

I think your spot on boatlady, it would take longer for them to kill one another hence more entertainment for us  lol! lol! 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Sorry, folks, completely lost sight of the peace testimony and allowed my lower nature full rein for a while Embarassed 
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:15 am

boatlady wrote:Sorry, folks, completely lost sight of the peace testimony and allowed my lower nature full rein for a while Embarassed 

Boatlady there is no need to say sorry, I know your a moderator on here but before anything you are a human being with every emotion, and the Tories would provoke God himself so no more apologies.  cheers 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Redflag wrote:Boatlady there is no need to say sorry, I know your a moderator on here but before anything you are a human being with every emotion, and the Tories would provoke God himself so no more apologies.  cheers 

He certainly seems to be working on another flood to see the scumbags off, but He's a bit out of practice
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:28 pm

It seems that Nick Clegg is doing his rounds of the political parties, trying to hock himself and his party to whoever will take him on as deputy PM, so desperate to stay in power because he knows the electorate do not want to vote for him or his party. headbang 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Hello Red, I have recently renewed my Labour Party membership , albeit reluctantly, but if Ed Miliband did do a deal with Clegg, I will most certainly be cancelling it. That said it was good to see that Ed Miliband has no intention of doing any such deal, but that is now, who knows what will happen in a years time.
As you have said several times, the likelihood is that their won't be enough of the Lib-Dems left to do a deal with.
An acceptable possibility for some might be, is to enter into a coalition but only if Clegg, Danny Alexander and David Laws are not a part of the deal, I still wouldn't accept it but I'm sure some would. Another point would be not to allow the Lib-Dems into the cabinet, I mean its totally undemocratic when those from a minor party can end up in positions of considerable power without coming anywhere in the preceding election.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next