Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long do you think John Bercow will last?

5 posters

Go down

How long do you think John Bercow will last? Empty How long do you think John Bercow will last?

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Cameron's been humming pink floyd's "not now john" all week, but ups a daisy, John had his headphones on and didn't hear him! Razz

David's been called before the house, oh he will be vexed!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/apr/30/cameron-commons-urgent-question-hunt?newsfeed=true
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

How long do you think John Bercow will last? Empty Re: How long do you think John Bercow will last?

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 pm

I fear all we shall be treated to is the usual tirade by Cameron of seeking to pour dirt on Labour, to deflect from the key issue ( " Look what they did etc etc"ad nauseam...) instead of answering the questions posed. After all, we can't have the great man so impudently called to account , now can we...?
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

How long do you think John Bercow will last? Empty Re: How long do you think John Bercow will last?

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:26 pm

From what I've seen, it's as evident as the nose on my face that Hunt has broken the ministerial code! How bloody arrogant can a cabinet be? In fact, don't answer that! lol
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:Cameron's been humming pink floyd's "not now john" all week, but ups a daisy, John had his headphones on and didn't hear him! Razz

David's been called before the house, oh he will be vexed!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/apr/30/cameron-commons-urgent-question-hunt?newsfeed=true

Let me tell you AC he was fcuking LIVID, but I enjoyed seeing him squirm and the rest of the front bench shifting in there seats and where very uncomfortably it was a sight worth beholding. :affraid: :affraid:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:34 pm

I can't beleive just how rude he is...he only seems to really come alive when he's insulting women or Dennis Skinner. I think that jibe about taking his pension just showed him up for the arrogant prick that he is! I can't wait to see his downfall and the rest of his upper class out of touch cronies! And don't even get me started on that food guzzling, claret swilling idiot Soames! Grrrrrrrrrrr
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh we will all burn together when we burn.
There'll be no need to stand and wait your turn.
When it's time for the fallout
And Saint Peter calls us all out,
We'll just drop our agendas and adjourn

An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:53 pm

“Between persons of equal income there is no social distinction except the distinction of merit. Money is nothing: character, conduct, and capacity are everything. There would be great people and ordinary people and little people, but the great would always be those who had done great things, and never the idiots whose mothers had spoiled them and whose fathers had left them a hundred thousand a year; and the little would be persons of small minds and mean characters, and not poor persons who had never had a chance. That is why idiots are always in favor of inequality of income (their only chance of eminence), and the really great in favor of equality.”

George Bernard Shaw
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:“Between persons of equal income there is no social distinction except the distinction of merit. Money is nothing: character, conduct, and capacity are everything. There would be great people and ordinary people and little people, but the great would always be those who had done great things, and never the idiots whose mothers had spoiled them and whose fathers had left them a hundred thousand a year; and the little would be persons of small minds and mean characters, and not poor persons who had never had a chance. That is why idiots are always in favor of inequality of income (their only chance of eminence), and the really great in favor of equality.”

George Bernard Shaw

I can not quote a great writer or poet, But to some one that meant a lot to me My Mum she always said it not the clothes nor the title or the money that makes the person but what is on the inside if they have a good heart that tells you they are a good person so the next time you meet some one do not look at there face but see what is in there heart.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes, indeed! Funnly enough, I changed my facebook status to "the clothes do not maketh the man" about an hour ago! You're Mum sounds just like my Nan...very wise words! Smile
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:58 pm

The building that houses Wigan's labour party offices in named after this fella! Wink

"Was the earth made to preserve a few covetous, proud men to live at ease, and for them to bag and barn up the treasures of the Earth from others, that these may beg or starve in a fruitful land; or was it made to preserve all her children?"

Gerrard Winstanley The New Law of Righteousness, 1649
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue May 01, 2012 8:05 am

Bercow had better watch his back. No one must upset the arrogant spoilt po faced Tory toff brat because he thinks he is God almighty, the git.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 01, 2012 8:15 am

Adele Carlyon wrote:Yes, indeed! Funnly enough, I changed my facebook status to "the clothes do not maketh the man" about an hour ago! You're Mum sounds just like my Nan...very wise words! Smile

I would say my Mum was wise and down to earth, most of her sayings I have found they have helped me in my adult life did not think so at the time.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 01, 2012 8:19 am

Mel wrote:Bercow had better watch his back. No one must upset the arrogant spoilt po faced Tory toff brat because he thinks he is God almighty, the git.

I take it from your post Mel you where watching his statement yesterday in the H.O.C, he was just showing the entire UK that he is a spoilt brat or little boy in big boys trousers although I must say I enjoyed watching him going redder in the face with anger and still Ed Miliband winding him up like a clock. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue May 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Bercow has shown himself to be quite capable of looking after himself. He saw off the UKIP clown Nigel Farrage in the General Election, and has survived the obvious antipathy of the Tory Party since they formed the Coalition.

It's probably safe to disregard the poisonous "briefing" against him from Number 10 wonks, as this serves to reinforce his position as Speaker.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 08, 2012 8:24 am

Did you see the interview he gave on the BBC, he answered all the awkward questions with ease, he may have been a Tory in the past but I think his wife who is a Labour member is maybe having a good effect on him.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down