Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

+15
Phil Hornby
LWS
astradt1
Adele Carlyon
bobby
Red Cat Woman
tlttf
Mel
Ivan
blueturando
trevorw2539
witchfinder
sickchip
Redflag
Stox 16
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 4 Empty Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

Post by Stox 16 Fri May 04, 2012 3:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Well done Ed and all the labour Party. welcome home to our new Councils.

Hi Ivan, can we please keep this as a new topic on its own? as its interesting to get as many views on this as we can? as this is a water mark election in my view.

Now the Lib/Dem have lost about 40% the seats they are fighting with the Tories lossing 1 in 3 seats with turnout at around 33% and given the weather is not so Bad. as overall its been an amazing night for the Labour party.. so forgetting the Ken and Doris vote as that has become more personal than anything else. will tonight's results see an out brake of Tory infighting? where does this leave the coalition government at this point? as what is very interesting and pleasing for me is the coalition government is bleeding votes in its Southern heart land with Labour picking up votes in this Tory heart land tonight. The share of the vote in the english county election without the London and Scotland. so far share of the vote is as follows. Labour 39% Tory 31% Lib Dem 16% Others 14%, this is 13% up on the last time these seat where up for election with the Lib Dems dipping under 3,000 councillors for the first time in the History of there party.

Other fact that has become very clear tonight is the days of parties getting shares of the vote like Tony Blair had in 1997 are over. As for the very first time its very clear that the Right wing vote is now split. this was not the case in 1997, so Government's could find themselves elected with shares of the vote in just the night 30% mark and winning power.

Norwich Council
Harlow Council
Norwich Council
Oxford Council
Reading Council
Great Yarmouth Council
Southampton Council
Ipswich Council
Derby Council
Exeter Council
Newport Council
Merthyr Council
Lincoln Council
Birmingham Council
Plymouth Council

SO WHAT IS YOUR READING OF THIS LOCAL ELECTION RESULT SO FAR?

ITS THIS A GAME CHANGING VOTE? I THINK IT IS JUST THAT?

[i]Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 4 Images20
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 4 Empty Re: Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

Post by tlttf Mon May 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Would the opening link be allowed Ivan. As I recall when I opened a thread without saying something marvellous about the labour party you removed it and boll*cked me for breaking rules, yet strangely you appear blind to others as long as they follow the trend of sucking up to the leftie trend. Weird world innit?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 4 Empty Re: Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

Post by Phil Hornby Mon May 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Once the arguments become obviously threadbare, what else is left but a little diversion - even if it is meaningless and unimaginative... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon May 28, 2012 2:15 pm

I am a bit disappointed too Ivan....

I am all for fair play and it seems that some posters can copy and paste large articles and various graphs at will as long as they're aimed against the coalition or Tories, but others like our friend 'Land' get lambasted if he does it. I know it wasnt relevant to the thread, but once again this is a common occurance on other threads and nothing gets said....Why is that???

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon May 28, 2012 2:27 pm

blueturando wrote:I am a bit disappointed too Ivan....

I am all for fair play and it seems that some posters can copy and paste large articles and various graphs at will as long as they're aimed against the coalition or Tories, but others like our friend 'Land' get lambasted if he does it. I know it wasnt relevant to the thread, but once again this is a common occurance on other threads and nothing gets said....Why is that???

Where are these "large copy paste articles" from your buddy Land blue??
I see nothing but one liners and snide remarks all presented on inappropriate
threads.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon May 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Once the arguments become obviously threadbare, what else is left but a little diversion - even if it is meaningless and unimaginative... Shocked

Indeed Phil, it is the only recourse for some unfortuately. Sad
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Mon May 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Come on chaps no infighting, it's so unbecoming. Melly my point exactly, where indeed do I post large amounts of info freely available elsewhere. I think blue is highlighting that very fact and unfortunately you appear to have missed the point.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon May 28, 2012 5:52 pm

"I think blue is highlighting that very fact"

I think not. He has been dreaming.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Mon May 28, 2012 8:43 pm

From the snipes being made by some of our more right of center members it must be clear to other posters that they are trying to avoid and divert attention the real issues which this government has now lost control of.....
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Wed May 30, 2012 7:14 am

Ah, you mean the 3 people that don't fawn over labour and their achievements (not) astradt1.

Can you really remember a time when there was a labour government working for the working man/woman. We've gone from 13 years of wet tories to the last 2 years of equally wet tories. Where is a strong right government working for the indigent people of Britain?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed May 30, 2012 10:45 am

You can get a more positive view from reading Viz or Private Eye.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:57 am

astradt1 wrote:From the snipes being made by some of our more right of center members it must be clear to other posters that they are trying to avoid and divert attention the real issues which this government has now lost control of.....

EVERYTHING!!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:50 am

Redflag wrote:
astradt1 wrote:From the snipes being made by some of our more right of center members it must be clear to other posters that they are trying to avoid and divert attention the real issues which this government has now lost control of.....

EVERYTHING!!

True Red... and this is why the right wing will soon start the old in-fighting as the time runs out
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:38 am

Stox........You say it like there was never any 'in fighting' in the Labour Party.....Blairs crew versus Browns clan. Or as usual do you just ignore that in favour of hypocrcrisy? I guess you do

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:45 am

blueturando wrote:Stox........You say it like there was never any 'in fighting' in the Labour Party.....Blairs crew versus Browns clan. Or as usual do you just ignore that in favour of hypocrcrisy? I guess you do

Oh no Blue. I have seen many Labour party in-fights within the Labour party and even was at Labour party conference all though the 1980s. But let me tell you some thing for free Blue..... I have never once seen a in-fight within the Labour party as bitter and nasty as the Tory in-fighting of the late 1990s. As the Tory party just make us look like happy amateurs at it when it comes to the art of political assassination and in-fighting. as believe me or not... I saw your party kill Maggot with the bloody was running off the walls. as i was working within the House of Commons at that time, it was so nasty that your MPs even tried to get Labour MPs to spread stories about each too the media, but we had no need to take up there fight for them. But the Major government in-fighting was even worst. as your friends used political torture on him. no fast death for major at all. No blue your party are the past masters at it.

However, I understand your new political assassins are called DEEP BLUE and they meet last week. I also understand there was 20 of them. however, top of their agenda was Cameron and Gideon and who will move against them? So I have a good feeling you will soon be able to watch a new assassination take place quite soon on your TV.

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 4 Images39

Beneath the blue silk ties, Savile Row suits and faux bonhomie, tribal hatreds threaten to consume sections of the leadership of the Conservative party. Flashes of the venom occasionally spill over into the public domain. David Nuttall is no bleeding-heart liberal: he's a Tory MP, steeped in an older and more rugged strain of Conservatism than that of his current leader. To Cameron loyalists, the rebels are traitors: self-indulgent at best, fruitcakes at worst, ratting on the man who got them elected. But the rebels remain convinced that it's Cameron who betrayed the party first – by dragging it to the centre, by not winning the election, by entering a coalition for which they feel he lacked consent. There is a pungent sense that he hasn't earned the right to their loyalty. David Nuttall, meanwhile, finds "frankly laughable" the idea that he even agreed to a coalition: while the Liberal Democrats got a full vote on the deal (and have subsequently proved less rebellious), the Tory side rubber-stamped it in minutes. "It was like a 1970s trade union meeting," he recalls. "I'd never seen this document before – this crucial document relating to the running of the country for five years. We got a vague few minutes on it, and then it was all agreed. I don't particularly think I should be bound by things I didn't agree to."

SOUNDS ALL SWEETNESS AND LIGHT TO ME BLUE WITHIN YOUR PARTY.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:23 am

QUOTE: " "It was like a 1970s trade union meeting," he recalls. "I'd never seen this document before – this crucial document relating to the running of the country for five years. We got a vague few minutes on it, and then it was all agreed. I don't particularly think I should be bound by things I didn't agree to."

It seems odd that David Nuttall has apparently never been to a Tory Party Conference. The "business" there is more tightly scripted and choreographed than a Simon Cowell TV series.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 am

Have they ever been in control ? to me there all just farts in a trance.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:16 pm

oftenwrong wrote:QUOTE: " "It was like a 1970s trade union meeting," he recalls. "I'd never seen this document before – this crucial document relating to the running of the country for five years. We got a vague few minutes on it, and then it was all agreed. I don't particularly think I should be bound by things I didn't agree to."

It seems odd that David Nuttall has apparently never been to a Tory Party Conference. The "business" there is more tightly scripted and choreographed than a Simon Cowell TV series.

A very good reply my friend OW. Hell there conferences was just horrendous to watch. in fact I would go as far as saying painful and frightening at the same time. as they all sat there like some decorative brass ornaments that was totally out of it. my father always thought they was under some sort of medication. in fact after two hours of that I was always so close to server emotional collapse while my poor father looked as if he was moving into some coma. ha ha ha ha
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Redflag wrote:

Have they ever been in control ? to me there all just farts in a trance.

A quick answer to your question Red is.....NO. I think you could explain there management style as..Ad Hoc or just to late activism. that is if you could call a 18th century management...... a style at all?
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:14 pm

blueturando wrote:Stox........You say it like there was never any 'in fighting' in the Labour Party.....Blairs crew versus Browns clan. Or as usual do you just ignore that in favour of hypocrcrisy? I guess you do

Stox is quite right blue, you will never get a right winger to admit the in-fighting in the Tory party, because the only place that happens is in the Labour party ACCORDING to right wingers when its as plain as the nose on your face in-fighting is rife within the Tory party. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:34 pm

It's really quite a worry that despite two years of resurrecting Thatcher dogma, there are still elements of the Tory Party who don't think they've gone far enough.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi blue

Did you know that Tory voters are leaving the Tory party in there droves and are joining UKIP, it could be because they all know after 2015 the Tory party will be known (more to their shame) as the "One Term Firm".
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 pm

QUOTE: "Did you know that Tory voters are leaving the Tory party in there droves and are joining UKIP (?)"

The UKIP Party Conference takes place tomorrow, Friday 21 September. The Media will be most interested in spotting faces in the audience.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:01 pm

oftenwrong wrote:It's really quite a worry that despite two years of resurrecting Thatcher dogma, there are still elements of the Tory Party who don't think they've gone far enough.

There aren't nearly enough of us sleeping rough and eating from food banks for their liking...
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:17 pm

oftenwrong wrote:QUOTE: "Did you know that Tory voters are leaving the Tory party in there droves and are joining UKIP (?)"

The UKIP Party Conference takes place tomorrow, Friday 21 September. The Media will be most interested in spotting faces in the audience.

Its not MPs that have jumped ship OW, so I suppose you can spot a Tory voter at ten paces cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:35 pm

I suppose you can spot a Tory voter at ten paces

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 4 220px-Daniel_Hannan_London_Autumn_2008

There'll be another dozen along in a minute .......
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:49 pm

.....and here's two of 'em....

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEcsg0X78Fm1lJHV0dMkNxTn17QkAQ5o6UdQfiLAB0pU8DLniV(flickr.com)

Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Mr And Mrs Rabbit I presume? They donated lots of carats to the tory party! Boom boom!!! Razz
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:59 am

oftenwrong wrote: I suppose you can spot a Tory voter at ten paces

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?   - Page 4 220px-Daniel_Hannan_London_Autumn_2008

There'll be another dozen along in a minute .......

See what you mean OW, lets hope I get to be as good as you at spotting a Tory voter although I do know where they all live. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4