Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should all schools be mandated to teach creationism?

+3
oftenwrong
boatlady
Greatest I am
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should all schools be mandated to teach creationism?  - Page 2 Empty Should all schools be mandated to teach creationism?

Post by Greatest I am Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural.

Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.

Comparative Religion should be taught to insure that no child is lost to creationist intellectual dissonance. We must expose our children to Comparative Religion as soon as they can understand Evolution which would be taught alongside of it.

To do less would be shirking our duty to our children and their young minds. If you do not supports this type of all-inclusive education, please show why you oppose it?

Remember that when President Bush backed up stem cell research, it gave other countries a chance to advance away from the U.S. and hurt the U.S economy.

If the U.S. fails to educate it’s children properly in Comparative Religion and Evolution --- and the various sciences that stem from it, --- the U.S. will shrink it’s economy and power as compared to those countries who have a fuller and more intelligent education program.

Do you agree that it is the duty of the U.S. education system to maintain a first world standard of education in the teaching of Creationism, Comparative Religion and Evolution, --- and catch up to more intelligent countries?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Should all schools be mandated to teach creationism?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Should all schools be mandated to teach creationism?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 am

Greatest I am wrote:-
If we went by your standards, the U.N. would vanish as most of their members do not pass the U.N. charter on human rights. Not even the U.S. although they talk a great line.

The West does not walk its talk any better than Christianity or Islam.
You made this exact post before and your point escaped me then as well. I made no mention of the UN or the West.  Universal human rights are the answer,  not replacing established religions with new hokum superstitions.

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Should all schools be mandated to teach creationism?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Should all schools be mandated to teach creationism?

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:You made this exact post before and your point escaped me then as well. I made no mention of the UN or the West.  Universal human rights are the answer,  not replacing established religions with new hokum superstitions.

I agree and was pointing out how even with rules, we tend to ignore them.

We do not walk our talk.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Oh ye of little faith and even less understanding.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Hello PG.
I hope you had a good Christmas and new year.
To whom were you referring may I ask? was it GIa?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:59 am

Hi PG.

I try not to base my reasoning on faith. If you want to see how valid faith based reasoning is just take a tour of any mental institution and chat to the most severe delusionals.

What is it you're claiming I don't understand?
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:23 am

Hi Stu.
Yes, thankfully I had a good Christmas, after having all my teeth out and all the other problems related to old age and I trust you had the same, I can assure you I prayed that you would.

Not the problems with old age of course.

I hope all went well with your daughter, I do think about your circustances.

regards.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:29 am

You can have mentally handicapped people from all walks of life, some believe in fairies others in any manner of things others feel irrational.

This also applies to religious people who do not understand all the implications and distort the actual facts.

I have deep concern for both handicaped and mentaly ill people and feel I would in no way use them to either support or deny my own belief.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:37 am

Many thanks P.G. so kind of you to spare me a thought, which is more than some of my so called friends did.
I had a very nice time with my daughter too thank-you smiles all around.
So sorry to hear about your health problems,I do hope that they have improved by now.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:48 am

Hi Stu.
Very pleased to hear you had a good time.

I have nothing to grumble about regarding my health although we all would like perfect health.

I know hundreds far worse off.

On a lighter note.

My wife goes mad at me for not hearing half she says as my hearing aids are in a draw, she goes mad about my false teeth which are always in a glass in the bathroom and that is pobably why I am hairless.

Regards.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Laughing Laughing You sound like myself in a way P.G.
I also have a hearing problem, and when my hair decided to leave me I now just shave it off, which fortunately makes me look younger. Laughing Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:59 pm

Please have personal conversations via our private messaging system. Having them on threads such as this one just destroys the discussion of the subject. Thank you.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:23 pm

polyglide wrote:You can have mentally handicapped people from all walks of life, some believe in fairies others in any manner of things others feel irrational.

This also applies to religious people who do not understand all the implications and distort the actual facts.

I have deep concern for both handicaped and mentaly ill people and feel I would in no way use them to either support or deny my own belief.

This is not really grasping my point to be honest, and I assure you that as an atheist I also have concern and compassion for people unfortunate enough to suffer mental illness.

You posted..

Polly Glide wrote:Oh ye of little faith and even less understanding.

My comment about mental institutions was not a derogation of people unfortunate enough to suffer mental illness, it was merely to illustrate how deeply flawed human faith is for seeking truth, or even reality. What's being claimed is largely irrelevant, the point is that if all you have is faith then fairies are as valid as Christianity. Nor does it require personal opinion to point out that belief based on faith is irrational, that's self evident. The confidence you have in your own faith when others with equal confidence in their faith believe you are wrong, and you they, simply illustrates how subjective faith is. Pointing out how flawed faith based beliefs are is at least consistent.

You also still haven't said what it is I don't understand or why?

To get back on topic the relevance of this point was that creationism is entirely faith based, as can be evidenced by the fact that in all the thousands of years theists have made such claims they've not managed to produce any evidence that has stood up to proper scientific scrutiny. Hence I don't think it's reasonable for it to form part of a child's education if it's being taught in any context other than a secular account of religion and religious beliefs in an historical context. With the caveat of course that proper scientific evidence is taught to show that evolution is at least as well evidenced by science as the theory of gravity or relativity.

Last edited by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:46 pm

polyglide wrote:You can have mentally handicapped people from all walks of life, some believe in fairies others in any manner of things others feel irrational.

If yours is a creator God, do you not wonder why he would create such humans?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:04 pm

That is one of the reasons that I am an atheist GIa, it proves that there is no gods in this world.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:09 pm

stuart torr wrote:That is one of the reasons that I am an atheist GIa, it proves that there is no gods in this world.

There are many Gods. Just not the miracle working type.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:48 pm

As an atheist I do not believe in any GIa.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:55 pm

stuart torr wrote:As an atheist I do not believe in any GIa.

Google Father Complex from Freud and Jung and if you cannot dither out that our ideal is a Godlike character or great father-like character, semantics ignored, then you are not worth my time as you can no longer learn.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:40 am

Greatest I am wrote:Google Father Complex from Freud and Jung and if you cannot dither out that our ideal is a Godlike character or great father-like character, semantics ignored, then you are not worth my time as you can no longer learn.

So you make an un evidenced premise,  challenge Stu to research it,  then claim it's his fault if he doesn't believe it afterward.

You even finish with a derogation of his intellect if he refuses to accept your un evidence premise.  

Do you really think this represents compelling polemic?

To be honest you're so vague about what you believe it's hard to understand what you're actually claiming half the time. The rest of your claims self evidently require no deity, no belifs, and no superstition.  Yet I still find myself deeply sceptical about what you're actually "selling" here, as there are enough spurious claims and dodgy YouTube video presentations to make me deeply sceptical.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:12 am

All the disabilities and illnesses can be attributed to the manner in which man has deviated from what he was told would be in his best interests.

If you purchased an item and you were told it was not to be taken intenally and you ingnored the advice and were poisoned who would be to blame?
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:I still find myself deeply sceptical about what you're actually "selling" here, as there are enough spurious claims and dodgy YouTube video presentations to make me deeply sceptical.

I sell the supremacy of man. If you cannot fathom man being the only one fit to rule men then you will not get what I am selling.

At the same time I sell the notion that we have a higher mind that can be accessed through our pineal gland and meditation.

If you cannot accept those in large part then yes, you will never get what I sell.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:30 pm

polyglide wrote:All the disabilities and illnesses can be attributed to the manner in which man has deviated from what he was told would be in his best interests.

If you purchased an item and you were told it was not to be taken intenally and you ingnored the advice and were poisoned who would be to blame?

I see that you have chosen to remain in ignorant bliss with your head way up your God's ass.

Strange that as a human that that is all you would aspire to. Quite a disability and illness that.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:14 pm

What with your beliefs GIa, and you insult a christian like that? not even I insult a believer in anyway like that especially not P.G.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:49 pm

stuart torr wrote:What with your beliefs GIa, and you insult a christian like that? not even I insult a believer in anyway like that especially not P.G.

I am just more truthful than you are.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:49 pm

I will not say what I think of you GIa as I may break rules and upset any ladies on the forum. thumbsdown
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi Stu,
You do not have to say what GIa is, he does it so well himself.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:34 pm

I may be an atheist P.G.
But I would fight to the death your right to say what you wish without being insulted for it.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:36 pm

polyglide wrote:Hi Stu,

The one thing I can say is that I am not as misogynistic as most in your religion.

My religion believes in equality while your does not.
My religion believes in total love of all while yours will hate most as most are destined for the wide road to the hell that you want your God to send them to.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:39 pm

stuart torr wrote:I may be an atheist P.G.
But I would fight to the death your right to say what you wish without being insulted for it.

Yes. Like kill all the little witches and gays you can find.

Fight for that right as they kill both groups.

African witches and Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI

Death to Gays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyuKLyGUHNE

Fight hard for that free speech and watch the body count rise. Free speech is great.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:23 pm

There is a correct way to put things without actually having the intention of hurting anyones feelings but Greatest I am puts this to the test and is a perfect example of why some people fail.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:47 pm

polyglide wrote:There is a correct way to put things without actually having the intention of hurting anyones feelings but Greatest I am puts this to the test and is a perfect example of why some people fail.

Correct is subjective.

There are sometimes for sure but with those lost to delusion, it is either hurt or ridicule and I am not as good with ridicule.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:49 pm

You are not realy good at anything other than ridicule.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Why death to gays? I am not homophobic, some of my friends and also my ex brother in law is gay so why kill them GIa? and as jesus is part of the christian religion of which P.G. believes, and was supposedly dead on the cross many thousands of years ago, it would be hard for me to kill him would it not GIa? insults coming yet again?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:58 pm

polyglide wrote:You are not realy good at anything other than ridicule.

I hope you are correct as you need a lot of it to bring your thinking into what it should be.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:01 pm

stuart torr wrote:Why death to gays?

Gnostic Christians believe in equality.

You would have to as a Christian why they hate gays.

Why are you asking me instead of polyglide? The killers are in his camp, not mine.

Are you showing a bias? Seems like.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Should your picture GIa actually be that of a lion faced serpent? is that not what your Demi-urge really looks like?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Greatest I am wrote:

The one thing I can say is that I am not as misogynistic as most in your religion.

My religion believes in total love of all while yours will hate most as most are destined for the wide road to the hell that you want your God to send them to.

Regards
DL

What religion is that?
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Greatest I am wrote:

Why are you asking me instead of polyglide? The killers are in his camp, not mine.

Regards
DL

I'm afraid I'm none the wiser as to what a Gnostic Christian is, and your grandiose claims don't seem that different to other religions. Also, and as I've said many times to you, a person may want and fight for all those things without religion.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

What religion is that?

I am a Gnostic Christian.

We believe in the supremacy of man and not an imaginary God while at the same time seeking Gnosis or a deeper understanding of what a man is.

As in the Jewish Divine Council thinking, we believe that the only God worthy to rule men is a man. We do not use or have supernatural beliefs in our theology and are perpetual seeker after God.

We are more like the Eastern religions who seek enlightenment as compared to the Christianity and Islam of today who just want obedience to their unchanging man made rules.

We are free to seek the best rules regardless of what religious or social system they come from.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

I'm afraid I'm none the wiser as to what a Gnostic Christian is, and your grandiose claims don't seem that different to other religions. Also, and as I've said many times to you, a person may want and fight for all those things without religion.

No argument. I did so when a skeptic and before forcing my apotheosis. Without it, you and I would likely be completely on the same page.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:40 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

What religion is that?

I am a Gnostic Christian.

We believe in the supremacy of man and not an imaginary God while at the same time seeking Gnosis or a deeper understanding of what a man is.

As in the Jewish Divine Council thinking, we believe that the only God worthy to rule men is a man. We do not use or have supernatural beliefs in our theology and are perpetual seeker after God.

We are more like the Eastern religions who seek enlightenment as compared to the Christianity and Islam of today who just want obedience to their unchanging man made rules.

We are free to seek the best rules regardless of what religious or social system they come from.

Regards
DL

So you're effectively an atheist?
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:51 pm

I thought gnostic christians were more from the persian thoughts, and gave up everything material, to help their fellow man?
Hence your demi urge having the lion faced serpent, not just the serpent itself? so you are a little mixed with your religion are you not GIa?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next