Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

+29
ghost whistler
Deadly Nightshade
skwalker1964
boatlady
Tosh
Shirina
Red Cat Woman
Adele Carlyon
Jill Segger
Blamhappy
trevorw2539
AwfulTruth
Mel
Stox 16
Scarecrow
Redflag
blueturando
tlttf
Charlatan
sickchip
witchfinder
bobby
jackthelad
keenobserver1
Phil Hornby
Ivan
oftenwrong
astra
astradt1
33 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 9 Empty Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by astradt1 Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Justice minister stripped of powers

Ken Clarke to take charge after Djanogly failed to declare family interest in claims management companies

The justice minister, Jonathan Djanogly, has been stripped of his responsibility to regulate firms that "ambulance chase" the public following a Guardian investigation that revealed how he and his family could profit from controversial changes to legal aid he was piloting in parliament.

Djanogly, the heir to a £300m family business, had failed to declare that his teenage children were minority shareholders in his brother-in-law's businesses – two firms that advertise claims and are part of an industry that Djanogly regulated in government.

Do you get the feeling that after each Revelation about members of this government you just have to shout NEXT
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by astra Sat May 19, 2012 6:51 pm

clown Sleep

astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 9 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by Stox 16 Sat May 19, 2012 7:43 pm

astra wrote: clown Sleep

I am with you there astra Sleep Sleep Sleep
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat May 19, 2012 10:46 pm

As in voting, apathy rule
............................s Sleep
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat May 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Things may brighten up when Greece takes the plunge.

The streets of Canary Wharf covered with thick mattresses and trampolines, what?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 20, 2012 10:52 am

astra wrote:Things may brighten up when Greece takes the plunge.

The streets of Canary Wharf covered with thick mattresses and trampolines, what?

I know where I will be when that happens astra, Canary Wharf removing the mattresses and trampolines and making sure they hit the ground running hard. Twisted Evil
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 20, 2012 11:54 am

There may be an awful lot of unhappy landlords in the City by the time of the next General Election.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun May 20, 2012 12:24 pm

from the twelve threads currently being actively discussed on Cutting Edge, SIX are "Religious" topics.
oftenwrong. You didn't seem to relish discussion of love on the internet (courtesy of Misti), and it's not my fault if members don't want to talk about Shakespeare or the Eurovision Song Contest, I do try!
Sad

Can we now keep this thread for Tory sleaze, please, as there's plenty of it about? How about the Slough gentleman who got elected as a Labour councillor then announced that he was a Tory? He's now been convicted of bigamy:-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2146657/Tory-council-leader-convicted-bigamy-suspicious-second-wife-hires-private-detective-investigate-past.html
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sun May 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Ivan wrote:How about the Slough gentleman who got elected as a Labour councillor then announced that he was a Tory? He's now been convicted of bigamy:-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2146657/Tory-council-leader-convicted-bigamy-suspicious-second-wife-hires-private-detective-investigate-past.html

Oh, dear. I'm naughty, but that really made me laugh!

Snigger.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun May 20, 2012 12:41 pm

LOL. The bigamy charge doesn't relate to belonging to two political parties at once!!

Groucho Marx once said that bigamy is having one wife too many, and that monogamy is the same......
Shocked
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sun May 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Ivan wrote:
Groucho Marx once said that bigamy is having one wife too many, and that monogamy is the same......
Shocked

Hahahahahaha!
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Ivan wrote: ....
oftenwrong. You didn't seem to relish discussion of love on the internet ....

Can we now keep this thread for Tory sleaze, please, as there's plenty of it about? ....

Well, if I can't be rude about the religious nutters, would anyone like to have (free) my hardly-used bottle of Green ink and an unopened bottle of Violet?

(The Tories are better at digging their own grave than we could ever be anyway.)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 20, 2012 6:53 pm

oftenwrong wrote:
Ivan wrote: ....
oftenwrong. You didn't seem to relish discussion of love on the internet ....

Can we now keep this thread for Tory sleaze, please, as there's plenty of it about? ....

Well, if I can't be rude about the religious nutters, would anyone like to have (free) my hardly-used bottle of Green ink and an unopened bottle of Violet?

(The Tories are better at digging their own grave than we could ever be anyway.)

They have always been the same even through Thatchers gov't.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Mon May 21, 2012 12:26 am

Who's at Leveson tomorrow? I can watch it!
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Mon May 21, 2012 3:30 am

Anyone remember this lot?

LORD Strathclyde's fling is the latest in a long line of Tory sex scandals.

Party chairman Cecil Parkinson was forced to resign in 1983 after he had a love child with his secretary.

A year later, John Major began a four-year affair with fellow MP Edwina Currie. Grandee Jeffrey Archer was caught with a prostitute in 1986 and Environment Minister Tim Yeo resigned in 1994 after he fathered a love child.

The sleaze stories continued to surface after they lost power. Boris Johnson was sacked as shadow arts minister in 2004 after a fling.

In 2005, MP James Gray began a 19-month affair while his wife of 26 years battled cancer. In 2009 MP Zac Goldsmith had an affair with the younger sister of his brother's wife.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon May 21, 2012 10:33 am

Stox 16 wrote:Anyone remember this lot?

LORD Strathclyde's fling is the latest in a long line of Tory sex scandals.

Party chairman Cecil Parkinson was forced to resign in 1983 after he had a love child with his secretary.

A year later, John Major began a four-year affair with fellow MP Edwina Currie. Grandee Jeffrey Archer was caught with a prostitute in 1986 and Environment Minister Tim Yeo resigned in 1994 after he fathered a love child.

The sleaze stories continued to surface after they lost power. Boris Johnson was sacked as shadow arts minister in 2004 after a fling.

You forgot the Profumo affair Stox and that again was all to do with prostitutes Christine Keeler and the madams that ran the Brothels.

In 2005, MP James Gray began a 19-month affair while his wife of 26 years battled cancer. In 2009 MP Zac Goldsmith had an affair with the younger sister of his brother's wife.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Mon May 21, 2012 11:19 am

Osborne went to watch Chelsea's match in Munich at the tax papers expence, i suppose that is how these Tory millionaires hang on to their millions by getting freebies. The Tories don't know the meaning of the word shame, that is way they never show any.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon May 21, 2012 11:58 am

I wish I could lip read. I could have sworn John Terry mouthed the Gideon squirt "You stupid bastard".
I dont think Gideon quite understood the message. Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon May 21, 2012 6:00 pm

astra wrote: clown Sleep

Don't ignore us. How will you get to sleep otherwise? Smile
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Mon May 21, 2012 6:27 pm

I watched some of Peter Madelson's appearance at Leveson today. I didn't listen much to the content of what he was saying, but I felt that he came across badly. He's not easy to listen to.

Do others have opinions on him? I don't really know anything about him!
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon May 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Do others have opinions on him?

Speaks with forked tongue
Bathes in snake-oil
worships at the alter of Peter Mandellson Inc.

Other than that, I ada know ada naaaaathingk!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Mon May 21, 2012 6:55 pm

He seemed sort of smarmy, but it's not necessarily his fault that he comes across that way. It might be just the way he speaks...
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon May 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Tories positively loathe him. So he can't be all bad... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon May 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Tories positively loathe him....

Possibly because he exudes that confidence of knowing what they're really up to.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon May 21, 2012 8:16 pm

I actually like Mandelson. Not nessesarily for his politics although he did assist in rather a big way in helping Tony Blair keeping the Tories in the gutter for thirteen years. What I like most about him is his intelligence, and it shows most when some jumped up political journalist try’s to get the better of him, I haven’t seen any of them get the better of him, Not even Paxman, great TV, even better than the Boris Show.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon May 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Mandleson is a million miles ahead of anything the Tories can produce.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Tue May 22, 2012 6:55 am

Therein lies the problem, how anybody can worship at the alter of Mandy (short for slimy tw*t) is beyond me, I however do not put any politician on a pedestal. I'm sure Ivan could do a marvellous cut and paste on him (and would) if he was a Tory?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue May 22, 2012 11:20 am

tlttf wrote:Therein lies the problem, how anybody can worship at the alter of Mandy (short for slimy tw*t) is beyond me, I however do not put any politician on a pedestal. I'm sure Ivan could do a marvellous cut and paste on him (and would) if he was a Tory?

"....if he was a Tory"

You mean to say he isn't?

(See also Blair, T.)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Mel wrote:Mandleson is a million miles ahead of anything the Tories can produce.

I am glad we have a secret weapon in Mandelson.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Tue May 22, 2012 9:40 pm

I can't stick the sod! There's summat about him that gives me the creeps. I dunno exactly why I can't stick him, but I can't. Shocked
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed May 23, 2012 12:09 am

Therein lies the problem, how anybody can worship at the alter of Mandy (short for slimy tw*t) is beyond me, I however do not put any politician on a pedestal. I'm sure Ivan could do a marvellous cut and paste on him (and would) if he was a Tory?
tlttf. Sorry you don’t like my ‘cut and pastes’, but time is limited, as I have to help Shirina run this forum. I seem to recall that you were quite an expert at cutting and pasting during our time at MSN.

Peter Mandelson was never one of my favourite politicians, but at least he used to post occasionally at MSN, which is more than any Tory politician ever did (they’d all want paying). I wasn’t happy with his remark that he was “relaxed” about the rich getting richer, but that was at a time when we were all becoming better off during Chancellor Gordon Brown’s ten glorious years of uninterrupted economic growth. The rich getting richer is of greater concern at times like now, when most people are becoming worse off, yet this government has chosen to cut the top rate of Income Tax.

I never understood why Mandelson had to resign after ticking the wrong box on a mortgage application form. The building society manager wasn’t concerned, and Mandelson’s actions didn’t cost the taxpayers anything, unlike the fraudulent expenses claims of many of the present government. Maybe Blair wanted him out of the way, who knows, but then why bring him back? Mandelson’s second ‘offence’ was to do with an allegation of fast-tracking a passport application, but two later investigations showed that he was innocent. Perhaps much of the hatred directed at him is, at least in part, homophobic.

A panellist on ‘The News Quiz’ once asked “why do people take an instant dislike to Peter Mandelson?”, the answer being “because it saves time”. As far as I’m concerned, if the Tories are afraid of him, he’s useful. An old Chinese proverb reminds us that “my enemy’s enemy is my friend”. Or as LBJ said with reference to Hoover, “I’d rather have him on the inside of the tent peeing out, than on the outside of the tent peeing in”.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed May 23, 2012 11:26 am

Very well said Ivan.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed May 23, 2012 5:09 pm

"Why Jeremy Hunt must resign"

Extracts from an article by Roy Greenslade:-

"Hunt is a liability to the people. He is compromised by his former cheerleading for Rupert Murdoch, for his special adviser's contacts with James Murdoch's lobbyist and now by the investigation by the parliamentary standards commissioner into claims that he failed to register donations from media companies.

Hunt has helped to destroy the BBC. He has wacky ideas about local TV news services. He is so tied up defending himself from a range of charges that he cannot produce a much needed communications green paper.

And, even if he stays in place, his chances of piloting any sensitive communications legislation through parliament are virtually nil."

For the full article:-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2012/may/23/jeremy-hunt-rupert-murdoch
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed May 23, 2012 5:37 pm

But "He's done nothing wrong" according to a Conservative Party spokesperson on BBC Radio today.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri May 25, 2012 4:11 pm

"Downing Street tried to rewrite Jeremy Hunt adviser's resignation letter"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/may/25/downing-street-jeremy-hunt-adviser
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri May 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Quote :
"Downing Street tried to rewrite Jeremy Hunt adviser's resignation letter"

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 9 9k=(redblueandwhite.com)

".......'and I was privileged to work for Mr Hunt and Mr Cameron , who must be the best and most honest PM in Britain's history' - there, that's what he meant to say..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 pm

This morning's Leveson was ridiculous. Adam Smith apparently remembers nothing and did nothing wrong. He was more frustrating to listen to than James Murdoch! I wish Jay was allowed to be harsher.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri May 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Blamhappy wrote:This morning's Leveson was ridiculous. Adam Smith apparently remembers nothing and did nothing wrong. He was more frustrating to listen to than James Murdoch! I wish Jay was allowed to be harsher.

But what has came out is Scam..er..on took that part away from Vince Cable because he was against the Murdoch, and yet Scam..er..on knew that Hunt was for the Murdochs and gave him the job to see that the Murdochs got the rest of BSKYB.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Fri May 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Redflag wrote:
Blamhappy wrote:This morning's Leveson was ridiculous. Adam Smith apparently remembers nothing and did nothing wrong. He was more frustrating to listen to than James Murdoch! I wish Jay was allowed to be harsher.

But what has came out is Scam..er..on took that part away from Vince Cable because he was against the Murdoch, and yet Scam..er..on knew that Hunt was for the Murdochs and gave him the job to see that the Murdochs got the rest of BSKYB.

Come on guys be fair, Cameron said he knew Hunt favoured Murdoch, but knew when it came to the job he would be impartial. You just can't make it up, Cameron want's to stop digging the hole he is in, or he will come out in Australia.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Fri May 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Jeremy 'duplicitous' Hunt will go when his use as a shield for Cameron is expired.

Cameron is up to his neck, is a blatant liar, a spoilt brat prone to temper tantrums, a corrupt crony capitalist, and ultimately should go because he undoubtedly holds more guilt than Hunt in this.

Cameron should do the decent thing and resign his post. If not his party should do the decent thing and force him to go.........failing that the Lib-Dems should do the right thi.........actually scratch that - no point in depending on the lib-dems for ANYTHING.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 pm

On the day that Cameron was protesting his own impartiality to the Murdoch bid in Parliament, he sent the replacement for Coulson (Craig Oliver) to have a discreet dinner with some of Murdoch's stooges.

I also see that Hunt wrote to Cameron saying how furious James (Murdoch) would be if the bid was delayed. Make no mistake about it, Murdoch was running the government until the Milly Dowler phone hacking came to light, and there's no way in which Cameron would have set up the Leveson Inquiry if Ed Miliband hadn't forced his hand.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Fri May 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Following the revelations regarding Hunt's cheerleading of Murdoch's malignant empire; is it at all feasible to believe he (Hunt) knew nothing of his 'special advisor's' communications with NI.

Do Mr. Hunt, and Mr. Cameron, believe we were all born yesterday. Pull the other one boys!
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next