Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

+29
ghost whistler
Deadly Nightshade
skwalker1964
boatlady
Tosh
Shirina
Red Cat Woman
Adele Carlyon
Jill Segger
Blamhappy
trevorw2539
AwfulTruth
Mel
Stox 16
Scarecrow
Redflag
blueturando
tlttf
Charlatan
sickchip
witchfinder
bobby
jackthelad
keenobserver1
Phil Hornby
Ivan
oftenwrong
astra
astradt1
33 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 8 Empty Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by astradt1 Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Justice minister stripped of powers

Ken Clarke to take charge after Djanogly failed to declare family interest in claims management companies

The justice minister, Jonathan Djanogly, has been stripped of his responsibility to regulate firms that "ambulance chase" the public following a Guardian investigation that revealed how he and his family could profit from controversial changes to legal aid he was piloting in parliament.

Djanogly, the heir to a £300m family business, had failed to declare that his teenage children were minority shareholders in his brother-in-law's businesses – two firms that advertise claims and are part of an industry that Djanogly regulated in government.

Do you get the feeling that after each Revelation about members of this government you just have to shout NEXT
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 8 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by Redflag Mon May 14, 2012 11:33 am

Phil Hornby wrote:Clearly, Love is Blind

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 8 Article-0-021C982400000578-485_468x286(dailymail.co.uk)

" There's something kinda cute about the way you wipe your specs on your underpants when I steam them up..."

YUCK and DOUBLE YUCK, I wonder if Norma knew that while he was sitting eating peas with her, while at work he was nicking into the Broom Cupboard to have his Curry mild medium or hot.

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 8 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by Blamhappy Tue May 15, 2012 11:51 am

Well, I'm catching up on Leveson. I watched the first half of Brooks' appearance last night and I'm about a third through the second half now.

She comes across well. She's either media-trained or just very good at this sort of thing!

I'm looking forward to watching Alistair Campbell's appearance. I'm a bit of a fan.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Tue May 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Personally I don't know what all the fuss is about. If we'd called in Hercule Poirot in the first case, we would know by now who did what, to whom, where, and why. Case over. All by using his 'little grey cells' which seem to be lacking in Government at the moment.
Queen dismisses Parliament. New elections. Labour Government. Happy ending? Smile

But then, what do I know.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Tue May 15, 2012 12:28 pm

I can't understand the commentators in the media etc saying Coulson, Brooks et al appear competent/clever/savvy/come across well at the Leveson inquiry. Are people really so stupid as to fall for these stupid dumb assed people (brooks, coulson, murdoch,et al).

I've watched all their appearances and they look like a bunch of idiots, and bad liars, to me. I despair of this country and the characteristics/traits that are held in esteem/deemed to be something worth aspiring to.....brainwashed effing idiots.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue May 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Brooks and her husband both charged today with perverting the course of justice.

There may well be more to come and no doubt Coulson is not clean.
None of if favours Camer-con, though it will be water off a ducks back I expect.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Tue May 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Brooks and her husband both charged today with perverting the course of justice.

...too bloody right, and about time.

There may well be more to come

....and so there should be - lets hope some of those police involved are prosecuted too.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Tue May 15, 2012 1:00 pm

sickchip wrote:Brooks and her husband both charged today with perverting the course of justice.

...too bloody right, and about time.

There may well be more to come

....and so there should be - lets hope some of those police involved are prosecuted too.

Plenty more, I guess.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Tue May 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Rebekah Brooks is a bit angry with the CPS........HA HA HA HA HA hee hee hee. Let's hope she's even angrier when she's locked up....the duplicitous bitch.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Even if she isn't locked up she'll still have problems. If she gets a suspended sentence won't it still be a criminal record? Won't that stop her hopping off to the states, well unless Rupert pulls some strings? Personally, I'd love to see her do 5,867 hrs of community service wearing one of those lovely high vis coats! Imagine how fetching she'll look with that wonderful red mane of hers?

I'd start her off with an easy job, picking chewy off the pavements and then she could start tackling harder jobs like cleaning the pubes off the mens urinals in the peckham working mens club! Twisted Evil
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:Even if she isn't locked up she'll still have problems. If she gets a suspended sentence won't it still be a criminal record? Won't that stop her hopping off to the states, well unless Rupert pulls some strings? Personally, I'd love to see her do 5,867 hrs of community service wearing one of those lovely high vis coats! Imagine how fetching she'll look with that wonderful red mane of hers?

I'd start her off with an easy job, picking chewy off the pavements and then she could start tackling harder jobs like cleaning the pubes off the mens urinals in the peckham working mens club! Twisted Evil

I like your thinking Adele, but then I have a sick sense of humour I think we need to get you a job as a judge, I would imagine that would make you happy. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Tue May 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Corr yeah! That'd be my dream job! Locking up bent Tories and media arse lickers! Twisted Evil
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Tue May 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Don't stop there Adele, go for all the politicians, sod's law says you'll get one right.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Tue May 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Nah! The lib dems need all the help they can get! Laughing
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 15, 2012 7:24 pm

tlttf wrote:Don't stop there Adele, go for all the politicians, sod's law says you'll get one right.

I would advise Adele to start on the Tory politicians, right enough she would also find quite few A**E Lickers in amongst them.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue May 15, 2012 8:33 pm

"... cleaning the pubes off the mens urinals in the peckham working mens club..."

Things poetic just haven't been the same since William Wordsworth departed the scene... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue May 15, 2012 8:38 pm

WORDSWORTH?? surely you mean William Topaz McGonnigall!! (the noo!) Mad
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue May 15, 2012 8:50 pm

To be honest, I'd discounted foreigners... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue May 15, 2012 8:53 pm

A Foreigner?

He had the "Order of the White Elephant" yi know (sniff)

The poor sod believed it was a true Honuor from Mrs Broon" (Queen Victoria)

Last edited by astra on Tue May 15, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Isn't it simply awful that Mr and Mrs Brooks are so put out by being charged with a criminal offence? Maybe at least one of them now realises what it is like to experience a bit of the hounding which they dished out to others for so long and so willingly... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue May 15, 2012 10:13 pm

A poor (as in shoddy, lacklustre) Doctor seldom likes a dose of their own medicine!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed May 16, 2012 8:39 am

The police must have found the alleged 7 boxes of incriminating evidence along with the content hard drives of the PC's.

By the time all is revealed in court, if there is anything to incriminate Camercon in amongst it all, he will have had time enough to complete his mission of reversing all Labours policies produced to help the poor the sick and the needy.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed May 16, 2012 9:45 am

Mel wrote:The police must have found the alleged 7 boxes of incriminating evidence along with the content hard drives of the PC's.

By the time all is revealed in court, if there is anything to incriminate Camercon in amongst it all, he will have had time enough to complete his mission of reversing all Labours policies produced to help the poor the sick and the needy.

If that all happens Mel, Labour will get a majority in the H.O.C. then we can just bring all the bills that this lot of tosspots passed and repeal them all at the same time and the Tories or L/Ds will not have enough to stop it from going through so in one stroke get rid of there nastiness from the statue books.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed May 16, 2012 10:54 am

Although Brooks has been charged she is unlikely to appear before a court for at least 6 months, compare this with most of the rioters who were brought before courts with days of being arrested and charged, one exception being Laura Johnson, the millionaires daughter who is still awaiting sentencing after being found guilty 2 months ago........

Of course these people are rich so the law will work slowly to allow them time to get their stories stright.......
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed May 16, 2012 10:14 pm

There is a lot of truth in what you say astradt1.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Thu May 17, 2012 12:19 am

If they want one law for them and another for the poor, it should follow the poor will exact their own set of rules and codes upon the heads of the establishment - the poor should only recognise the laws of an establishment hierarchy if those laws are applied with an even hand regardless of background.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu May 17, 2012 8:09 am

sickchip wrote:If they want one law for them and another for the poor, it should follow the poor will exact their own set of rules and codes upon the heads of the establishment - the poor should only recognise the laws of an establishment hierarchy if those laws are applied with an even hand regardless of background.

I like your thinking SC, so when Labour win the next election why don't we have one law for us and another for the toffee nosed A**E H**ES that sounds fair?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Fri May 18, 2012 10:12 am

After hearing that Coulson's evidence was boring, with no exciting revelations, I'm wondering if anything will come out of the Leveson Inquiry after all.

I watched This Week last night and Diane Abbott felt that it would have consequences. I hope it does have some effect.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri May 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Blamhappy wrote:After hearing that Coulson's evidence was boring, with no exciting revelations, I'm wondering if anything will come out of the Leveson Inquiry after all.

I watched This Week last night and Diane Abbott felt that it would have consequences. I hope it does have some effect.

The best is yet too come this week sees Adam Smith Hunts advisor and the guy from N.I that was the go between for the Murdochs they are up on thursday, but there is others like Andrew Marr Jermy Paxman Tessa Jowel Alan Johnstone so next week looks good for watching the inquiry.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Fri May 18, 2012 11:17 pm

I don't want to get my hopes up and then be let down. Brooks wasn't anything special and I expected lots from her too!

Do you mean Alan Johnson? I like him.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat May 19, 2012 9:12 am

Blamhappy wrote:I don't want to get my hopes up and then be let down. Brooks wasn't anything special and I expected lots from her too!

Do you mean Alan Johnson? I like him.

Yes Blamhappy he is to give evidence to the Leveson inquiry this week I like him too, his honesty when Ed gave him the Chancellors position he was up front and said he did not know anything about finance, plus he is a great debater.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat May 19, 2012 9:31 am

and he will bring what exactly to the over rated enquiry. If there is evidence of wrong doing then criminal charges should be brought, if there is no evidence then an awful lot of my money is being wasted on a pathetic sideshow.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat May 19, 2012 10:35 am

"...on a pathetic sideshow...."

Also known as an enquiry which is uncomfortably inconvenient for Cameron and others of his seedy entourage.... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat May 19, 2012 10:55 am

Agree totally Phil, however let's not forget the previous seedy sods.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat May 19, 2012 12:42 pm

The main Tory scandal, which has been out in the open since 1986 but still festering, was the destruction of British Industry that resulted in all the Nation's eggs being place in one basket - The City.

Now "The City" is looking no better than an each-way bet, with the Eurozone in turmoil. All British Banks are heavily exposed to any potential failure of their European counterparts, having lent them lots of British Pounds. The new French President is very keen to tax all Investment transactions, which if introduced would result in an exodus of Traders from Canary Wharf.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sat May 19, 2012 2:27 pm

LOL Guys, it's "inquiry".

Sorry - couldn't help but point that out.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat May 19, 2012 4:10 pm

We illiterates need to kept off the board..... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat May 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Where's the spielcheque?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat May 19, 2012 5:26 pm

tlttf wrote:and he will bring what exactly to the over rated enquiry. If there is evidence of wrong doing then criminal charges should be brought, if there is no evidence then an awful lot of my money is being wasted on a pathetic sideshow.

The inquiry tittf will bring those that invaded peoples private lives into public domain when there was no public interest, also the ones that took bribes for that information to pass it on too the N.O.W, there will be quite a few that will serve prison sentences for any wrong doing and do not be supprised if one or both of the Murdochs end up in prison, we might even see some from the Tory gov't in the dock.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat May 19, 2012 6:11 pm

astra wrote:Where's the spielcheque?

Riting Inglish as she is spoke .......
(from the Board FAQs)
This software was written by and licensed through phpBB Group. If you believe a feature needs to be added then please visit the phpbb.com website and see what the phpBB Group has to say. Please do not post feature requests to the board at phpbb.com, as the Group uses sourceforge to handle tasking of new features. Please read through the forums and see what, if any, our position may already be for features and then follow the procedure given there. If you think a function must be added, please visit the support forum and see what other users and administrators think about it.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Apropos of nothing - from the twelve threads currently being actively discussed on Cutting Edge, SIX are "Religious" topics.

What, if anything, does that tell us about the mentality of habitual contributors?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat May 19, 2012 6:51 pm

clown Sleep
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next