Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse

+30
vappuk
Dan Fante
Shirina
methought
Deadly Nightshade
sampbang
boatlady
Tosh
skwalker1964
astradt1
Red Cat Woman
trevorw2539
Adele Carlyon
BobEllard
Mel
Redflag
LWS
atv
Stox 16
astra
blueturando
sickchip
witchfinder
tlttf
bobby
Ivan
Phil Hornby
jackthelad
Penderyn
Ivanhoe
34 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse - Page 4 Empty Thatcher changed Britain for the worse

Post by Ivanhoe Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Through the Thatcher Major, years, millions of British people were made poor as a matter of policy, while others got rich as a matter of policy.

Blair and Brown embraced Thatcherism due to the change in the British, and now Milliband wants to change Labour again due to a changed Britain.

I personally long for a political party that sticks to it's core values, that has conviction, that does not change itself to suit a greedy selfish uncaring British populas who'se only thought is "self". In my view this "self" is mainly among the British middle classes.

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse, and now we are reaping through this dreadful coalition, what has been sown.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher changed Britain for the worse

Post by Redflag Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:37 pm

bobby wrote:Red, I think you may have something there. The way he jumps to the bitches defence and even has its picture as his avatar. He probably is either lucky to have been miissed by by her spite, or is too young to have been effected or was one of those who helped her inflict her evilnes on the people of Britain.

I don't know but if he/she was around during Maggie reign she would not of thrust her NASTINESS upon he/she would have been Tory voters you should know bobby the DEVIL looks after his own.

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Thatcher changed Britain for the worse - Page 4 Empty Re: Thatcher changed Britain for the worse

Post by bobby Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Red. Bluey was only 24 when the bitch recieved her well deserved backstabbing, when the cow got the job so could only have been 13, so I think his lnowledge of the bitch is what he read in either the Sun or the daily mail since I dont know about you, but at 24 I had just left the Army and had many other things to ocupy my mind and BODY, but then not all of us live a normal life, so perhaps he got interested in politics when I was out shagging.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:46 pm

bobby wrote:Red. Bluey was only 24 when the bitch recieved her well deserved backstabbing, when the cow got the job so could only have been 13, so I think his lnowledge of the bitch is what he read in either the Sun or the daily mail since I dont know about you, but at 24 I had just left the Army and had many other things to ocupy my mind and BODY, but then not all of us live a normal life, so perhaps he got interested in politics when I was out shagging.

I was in my late twenties and a parent with three kids and they where very young, and I live in Scotland bobby so we are the first to get the Poll Tax thats is why Scotland hates the Tories, I wonder why and maybe you might know why did England vote her back in after they kicked up a fuss when it was introduced in England I remember the council meeting been stopped by protesters in Sheffield so why did they put her back into power, you mention they stabbed her in the back who in the Tory party are sharpening there knives? I think Boris could be after his job when he looses his Mayoral job any body else?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 pm

wonder why and maybe you might know why did England vote her back in

Because Kinnock was as useless as a chocolate male chicken!

John Smith (as the conspiracy theory goes) would not comply with the 'establishment' and he so expeditely suddenly expired. OK that was later on
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:01 am

Bobby/Redflag....I wont go over my background again to justify my support for Thatcher or the current government....As in most cases here, I was affected by the undless union strikes in the 70's, the recession and riots in the early 80's...and everything else since.
We all make our choices on who we think is better at running the country for all our citizens and to me Labour will always look out for the public sector people first and the rest of us come a distant 2nd...that is one of my main issues and that's why I could never, ever vote Labour

Last edited by blueturando on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:05 am

Yes I was young when Thatcher came to power but already had a keen interest in politics. I had an idea of where my preferences lay, but that was confirmed by our leftie militant politics teacher who was so one sided I'm surprised she could stand upright

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:26 am

Redflag wrote:
bobby wrote:Red. Bluey was only 24 when the bitch recieved her well deserved backstabbing, when the cow got the job so could only have been 13, so I think his lnowledge of the bitch is what he read in either the Sun or the daily mail since I dont know about you, but at 24 I had just left the Army and had many other things to ocupy my mind and BODY, but then not all of us live a normal life, so perhaps he got interested in politics when I was out shagging.

I was in my late twenties and a parent with three kids and they where very young, and I live in Scotland bobby so we are the first to get the Poll Tax thats is why Scotland hates the Tories, I wonder why and maybe you might know why did England vote her back in after they kicked up a fuss when it was introduced in England I remember the council meeting been stopped by protesters in Sheffield so why did they put her back into power, you mention they stabbed her in the back who in the Tory party are sharpening there knives? I think Boris could be after his job when he looses his Mayoral job any body else?

She was the worst PM the UK has ever had in my life time. her 30 year economic experiment has left us with an unbalanced economy and a banking sector that is out of control with just 15% of our GDP coming from manufacturing. not that the Tory party has every said sorry for leaving us with an economy today that will now see us fighting to re-balance the economy to where it was 30 years ago. great. what a utter waste of time all that was.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:35 am

Stox 16 wrote:
Redflag wrote:

She was the worst PM the UK has ever had in my life time. her 30 year economic experiment has left us with an unbalanced economy and a banking sector that is out of control with just 15% of our GDP coming from manufacturing. not that the Tory party has every said sorry for leaving us with an economy today that will now see us fighting to re-balance the economy to where it was 30 years ago. great. what a utter waste of time all that was.

The Tory's always create mass unemployment when they are in Government, we only ever have recessions under right wing Tory Government's.

And the biggest and worst waste of time and years was New Labour under Blair and Brown, for 13 years they kept to Thatcher's free market to appease the greedy selfish middle clsses, many of whom had made good under Thatcher. While the poor were subject to the means test.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:21 pm

astra wrote: wonder why and maybe you might know why did England vote her back in

Because Kinnock was as useless as a chocolate male chicken!

John Smith (as the conspiracy theory goes) would not comply with the 'establishment' and he so expeditely suddenly expired. OK that was later on

But England seemed so angry at her over the Poll Tax and I kept my fingers crossed that England would vote for anybody but the Tories.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:47 pm

"England seemed so angry at her over the Poll Tax and I kept my fingers crossed that England would vote for anybody but the Tories."

Examine the record of modern Tory Party Leaders, and a picture emerges of the loneliest job on the planet. Supported and applauded while things are going well, but cast aside like an old sock when the wind changes. Just look at the number of "Leaders" the Tories had between 1997 and 2010.

David Cameron will be unlikely to survive the next Election, whatever the result. He's not lucky, merely an opportunist.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:26 pm

oftenwrong wrote:"England seemed so angry at her over the Poll Tax and I kept my fingers crossed that England would vote for anybody but the Tories."

Examine the record of modern Tory Party Leaders, and a picture emerges of the loneliest job on the planet. Supported and applauded while things are going well, but cast aside like an old sock when the wind changes. Just look at the number of "Leaders" the Tories had between 1997 and 2010.

David Cameron will be unlikely to survive the next Election, whatever the result. He's not lucky, merely an opportunist.

Says a lot for the largely mind numbing British, dont it.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:06 pm

If RedFlag was in his late 20s when Thatcher was pushed out of 10 downing street, then he must be a similar age to me, I was 30 in 1990.

I am very proud to claim that I was chairman of "Whitby & District Against the Poll Tax", and as such played my little part in bringing about the downfall of Margaret Thatcher.

I remember been stood in the witness box of Whitby Magistrates Court claiming that I could not pay the tax on religious grounds, the chairman of the bench asked for clarification, but when I pulled out a 12 page explanation he banged his gavel and over-ruled.

The court house was packed for three days with non-payers, we insisted that each defendant must be found on the electoral roll ( which apparently we were entitled to demand ) - the council officials were pretty sick and fed up.

Ah! Happy Days
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:29 pm

".... we insisted that each defendant must be found on the electoral roll ( which apparently we were entitled to demand ) ...."

Many people believed at the time that Thatcher's incidental motive for the Poll Tax was to induce certain people not to put their names on the Electoral Roll.
The calculation was that they wouldn't be the type to vote Tory anyway.

Could anyone be quite that Machiavellian?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Actualy I am guilty of making an assumtion - that RedFlag is a male, but of course in reality RedFlag could equaly be a female.

And if my assumption is wrong, then I appologise most humbly
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:56 pm

ow said.
" Just look at the number of "Leaders" the Tories had between 1997 and 2010."

Dead right ow, and those same turds are the ones who are now trying to make a name for themselves after their previous failures.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:01 pm

bobby wrote:ow said.

Dead right ow, and those same turds are the ones who are now trying to make a name for themselves after their previous failures.

They werent failures to the Tories. Their's is an Agenda. It's up to the public if they believe them. They do.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:58 am

oftenwrong wrote:"England seemed so angry at her over the Poll Tax and I kept my fingers crossed that England would vote for anybody but the Tories."

A very fair summary in my own view. Cameron is a one term firm as Red calls them. The Tory party as political assassination go hand in hand. always has and always will. There members will cheer them one day and destroy you the next day. its what they are truely good at
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:59 am

bobby wrote:ow said.

And bobby they will even fail at that too.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Ivanhoe. What do you mean, "they weren't failures to the Tories"
If that was the case, why then where each of them, bumburger Hague, Iain Dummcopff Shmitt. John Breadman AKA The Vulcan and not forgetting the man of the PIPPLE Michael Howard. Each of them failed Tory leaders and each in turn, stabbed in the back for failure, in true Tory style.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:04 pm

bobby wrote:Ivanhoe. What do you mean, "they weren't failures to the Tories"
If that was the case, why then where each of them, bumburger Hague, Iain Dummcopff Shmitt. John Breadman AKA The Vulcan and not forgetting the man of the PIPPLE Michael Howard. Each of them failed Tory leaders and each in turn, stabbed in the back for failure, in true Tory style.

The right of the Tory party in Government beginning under Thatcher deliberately as a matter of policy created over 3 million unemployed as an inflationary tool.

This is not mismanagement. It's deliberate.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Michael Portillo was interviewed on the Radio 4 "Today" programme on the topic of excessive boardroom pay, which he agreed was a consequence of Thatcher policies. She dismantled Industry and transferred the engine of wealth to The City of London, in the belief that the Bankers and Financiers would understand that it was now their responsibility to take over feeding the Nation.

Unfortunately they hadn't understood that part, and are content with feeding themselves.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Ivanhoe. If you are going to answer my posts, may I suggest you read them properly first, then you may get something right.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:41 pm

stox. Is a failed failure a success.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 pm

witchfinder wrote:If RedFlag was in his late 20s when Thatcher was pushed out of 10 downing street, then he must be a similar age to me, I was 30 in 1990.

I am very proud to claim that I was chairman of "Whitby & District Against the Poll Tax", and as such played my little part in bringing about the downfall of Margaret Thatcher.

I remember been stood in the witness box of Whitby Magistrates Court claiming that I could not pay the tax on religious grounds, the chairman of the bench asked for clarification, but when I pulled out a 12 page explanation he banged his gavel and over-ruled.

The court house was packed for three days with non-payers, we insisted that each defendant must be found on the electoral roll ( which apparently we were entitled to demand ) - the council officials were pretty sick and fed up.

Ah! Happy Days

You are quite right witchfinder we seem to be around the same age, It was the same up here in Scotland I seen good people go too prison for the Poll tax they even sent in the Bailiffs to sell peoples household goods to pay there bloody Poll Tax, I remember seeing Sheffield council been invaded by people on the TV news and I thought this will be the straw that breaks the camels back but it did not Im sorry to say.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:48 pm

blueturando wrote:Bobby/Redflag....I wont go over my background again to justify my support for Thatcher or the current government....As in most cases here, I was affected by the undless union strikes in the 70's, the recession and riots in the early 80's...and everything else since.
We all make our choices on who we think is better at running the country for all our citizens and to me Labour will always look out for the public sector people first and the rest of us come a distant 2nd...that is one of my main issues and that's why I could never, ever vote Labour

Blue do you not wonder why Labour look after the working class? Maggie left the workers with no other option she thought that unemployment was a price worth paying I lived through it so that you know I was of working age did you expect people to work for BUTTONS all the working man and women wanted was a decent wage so that they could put food on the table pay there rent or mortgage gas and electric, I don't think looked at the rest of you as 2nd class citizens but thought they are OK money wise and can take care of themselves, I can say the same thing about your party they look after the people with loads of money or there have got high profile jobs CEOs company Directors and some that have there own business and that is why I could NEVER NEVER vote Tory in fact I would rather cut both hands off at the wrist than vote Tory and this is where I stand.

I don't know if you can remember when the "Mad Cow Disease" was brought to the public's notice Thatcher said everything was OK she even tried to pull the wool over the public's eyes by getting one of her MPs to feed a burger to his kid it later came out the burger was made from Steak that had been checked before the kid touched it.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Bluey as you where born in 1966, just how where you affected by strikes etc in the 70's. In the 70's you where 4 years old to 14 max, and still at school, where your parents provided for your every need, as parents do. You may have heard people slag off the Government, these same people who where taken in by the Tory propoganda machine, but there are several on this board who at that time where actually making our own way in the world.
Tell me bluey, what do you think is worse. People losing their Jobs, homes and even their lives. Or people who go on strike albeit temporary as no strike is permenant, as are the plight of those that lost their jobs, lives and homes because of Tory Ideology and nothing else.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Red I Think the MP's name was Gummer.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:35 pm

"Gummer"? How very much dare you?

Lord Chadlington, if you please.

Bloody peasants!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:13 am

I wouldn't know how to pronounce it OW
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:19 am

bobby wrote:Bluey as you where born in 1966, just how where you affected by strikes etc in the 70's. In the 70's you where 4 years old to 14 max, and still at school, where your parents provided for your every need, as parents do. You may have heard people slag off the Government, these same people who where taken in by the Tory propoganda machine, but there are several on this board who at that time where actually making our own way in the world.
Tell me bluey, what do you think is worse. People losing their Jobs, homes and even their lives. Or people who go on strike albeit temporary as no strike is permenant, as are the plight of those that lost their jobs, lives and homes because of Tory Ideology and nothing else.

Well I was born in 1959, god I feel old at times Bobby ha ha anyway. I remember going up to Reds fair city of Newcastle a few years ago. had a trip to Wallsend. I have to say I saw that City utterly smashed to bits by Thatchers policies of the 1980s. as all round the North East was some great manufacturing Engineer tool makers. some of these companies where and still are the best Tool makers in the World. yet today, the North East has just one Engineering manufacturing Tool makers. two of these companies that left the North east are still up and running in Germany too this very day. except today we now have to import the very same Tools that we once made in the UK in the 1980s. some of these Tools cost up too £1.5 Million per tool with the small ones costing £750,000 each.

How do I know this? well one of my very best friends to day lives in Germany working as a Engineering Tool maker. we had all of this working for our economy. yet thanks to Thatcher its now working to boost German G.D.P. I also know a company that Thatcher and her friend said.....This is a old industry and we are moving the UK economy into the finance sector? said in just 1984. Today this industry now in Italy exports to us here in the UK and sold us some £35 million pounds of it product in 2010/11. now these are just two of about seven companies that packed up under her rule and today all export back to us. Using some of the plant we shipped out back in 1984..... today if you need the bottom of your ship painting at £2 million a ship and you go to Germany, a job and company we once owned here in the UK. But as Thatcher said......We are moving our economy into the service sector.......Great......so to day we are still paying for her failed policy of the 1980s. all this without the 1983 big bang that has just cost us god knows how many billions.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:06 pm

bobby wrote:Bluey as you where born in 1966, just how where you affected by strikes etc in the 70's. In the 70's you where 4 years old to 14 max, and still at school, where your parents provided for your every need, as parents do. You may have heard people slag off the Government, these same people who where taken in by the Tory propoganda machine, but there are several on this board who at that time where actually making our own way in the world.

I was one of those that just starting out in married life at the time of the 70s strikes I lived in high rise flats and the electric was off so the lifts where off and had to climb 13 floors by the stairs to get into my flat after working all day and yet I never thought of complaining about the bloody unions going on strike if the Tories are not happy about the Unions taking action over there pensions I wonder how they feel if the UK goes on General Strike because if this Gov't does not change tack I can see one coming in the near future if I.D.S has his way with the housing benefit cuts in April and when people loose there homes and have too live on the streets or Hostels the "WORM WILL TURN" .
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Ever since the repeal of Slavery, workers have been at liberty to withdraw their labour if forced into it by insensitive bosses.

The way some right-wing employers talk today, they evidently feel that Wilberforce got it wrong.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Hello Red. I remember the blackouts of the 70's but the ones I remember where those in Ted Heaths (Tory) watch. We also had under him the 3 day working week.
I left the Army in 1972 so didn't show too much interest in politics as I had much catching up to do, especially family. In the late 70s I made my first foray in business and started a motor repair workshop, and specialised in re-conditioned BL Transverse Engines and Transmissions. I like many others listened to Thatcher in the lead up to the 1979 GE and in fact voted Conservative for the first and last time, I listened when she said all that bollox about bringing harmony instead of discourse and about all the help she was going to give to small businesses. Well there wasn’t many businesses smaller than mine, so I thought it included me. Dear o Dear what a mistake, one of the first things she did was to raise VAT from 8% to 15% effectively chocking Britain’s economy. I was at that time living in my First house, and like many others the interest rates rocketed, I was at first quite fortunate as my income was OK and I could swallow the increase, however, when her Recession hit, it was the building and Motor trade that where the first casualties, as people only had essential work done leaving the usual remedial work till later, if later ever came. I hung on as long as I could paying my staff out of my own money, when that run out, the mortgage payments suffered and I got behind with them, then the wolves started knocking on my door. I had to sell my house for much less than it was worth, in order to pay off what I owed, and called it a day. After some time as a London Bus Driver I had just over £3,000 left from the sale of my home, and used it as a deposit for my second home. And decided to start up again, and started another workshop, and lo and behold John(fancy a Curry) Major took the reins and put us into another recession, I ended up losing that business and my second home. I wasn’t on my own their where thousand in the same boat as me, so went back working for someone else.
Some time later when talking to my best mate, who I met in Northern Ireland was ex REME, suggested that I started yet again, only this time turning my hobby into a business which was restoring classic sports cars. I rented a large railway arch from BR and started, as I needed some cash to re-equip I had to borrow money so put up my 3rd house as collateral. I now have a large workshop in Surrey restoring Classic Jaguars, and a workshop in Capistrano in Italy restoring classic Alfa Romeo’s, I already at that had a holiday home in Ital, and one in France. Unfortunately an Auntie died and left me her Apartment in Rimini (where my Family come from, My Mother is Italian) and a certain amount of cash, and invested in the holiday trade, I bought a lump of land and with the aid of relatives (to cut through red tape) developed a holiday park, this was just about two years ago. The cars I restore are sold via an agent to the middle east.
I am now in a very comfortable position, and only work when I feel like it, I have brilliant staff, 6 in the UK and 9 full time in Italy with holiday season staff ( Italian Students) to fill in the summer gaps. I pay well over any minimum wage, I have to because they are all specialists (on the car side)
The only way this poxy Government can really hurt me would be with galloping inflation, or export duties.
I have over the years worked extremely hard, lost an Auntie, two homes and risked the third to get what I have, and am now in the position where I am keeping going to leave my Family something.
I say all this to let you know why I feel so bitter about the phucking Tory’s and will do my utmost to rid this Country of them.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 pm

bobby wrote:Hello Red. I remember the blackouts of the 70's but the ones I remember where those in Ted Heaths (Tory) watch. We also had under him the 3 day working week.
I left the Army in 1972 so didn't show too much interest in politics as I had much catching up to do, especially family. In the late 70s I made my first foray in business and started a motor repair workshop, and specialised in re-conditioned BL Transverse Engines and Transmissions. I like many others listened to Thatcher in the lead up to the 1979 GE and in fact voted Conservative for the first and last time, I listened when she said all that bollox about bringing harmony instead of discourse and about all the help she was going to give to small businesses. Well there wasn’t many businesses smaller than mine, so I thought it included me. Dear o Dear what a mistake, one of the first things she did was to raise VAT from 8% to 15% effectively chocking Britain’s economy. I was at that time living in my First house, and like many others the interest rates rocketed, I was at first quite fortunate as my income was OK and I could swallow the increase, however, when her Recession hit, it was the building and Motor trade that where the first casualties, as people only had essential work done leaving the usual remedial work till later, if later ever came. I hung on as long as I could paying my staff out of my own money, when that run out, the mortgage payments suffered and I got behind with them, then the wolves started knocking on my door. I had to sell my house for much less than it was worth, in order to pay off what I owed, and called it a day. After some time as a London Bus Driver I had just over £3,000 left from the sale of my home, and used it as a deposit for my second home. And decided to start up again, and started another workshop, and lo and behold John(fancy a Curry) Major took the reins and put us into another recession, I ended up losing that business and my second home. I wasn’t on my own their where thousand in the same boat as me, so went back working for someone else.
Some time later when talking to my best mate, who I met in Northern Ireland was ex REME, suggested that I started yet again, only this time turning my hobby into a business which was restoring classic sports cars. I rented a large railway arch from BR and started, as I needed some cash to re-equip I had to borrow money so put up my 3rd house as collateral. I now have a large workshop in Surrey restoring Classic Jaguars, and a workshop in Capistrano in Italy restoring classic Alfa Romeo’s, I already at that had a holiday home in Ital, and one in France. Unfortunately an Auntie died and left me her Apartment in Rimini (where my Family come from, My Mother is Italian) and a certain amount of cash, and invested in the holiday trade, I bought a lump of land and with the aid of relatives (to cut through red tape) developed a holiday park, this was just about two years ago. The cars I restore are sold via an agent to the middle east.
I am now in a very comfortable position, and only work when I feel like it, I have brilliant staff, 6 in the UK and 9 full time in Italy with holiday season staff ( Italian Students) to fill in the summer gaps. I pay well over any minimum wage, I have to because they are all specialists (on the car side)
The only way this poxy Government can really hurt me would be with galloping inflation, or export duties.
I have over the years worked extremely hard, lost an Auntie, two homes and risked the third to get what I have, and am now in the position where I am keeping going to leave my Family something.
I say all this to let you know why I feel so bitter about the phucking Tory’s and will do my utmost to rid this Country of them.

I understand where your coming from bobby have you not got a bit of Scots in you reason Im asking the try try and try again attitude you have, Like you at first I thought a woman in the top job she might understand about how families are struggling what a bloody laugh that was but it was when she brought in the Poll tax in and the vat rise in gas and electric bills and it was Labour that reduced that on gas and electric bills, as for Major he who preached about family life but liked a bit of curry on the side I think that Spitting Images got him down to a tea, grey man eating peas with Norma did you hear the witness at the Levison inquiry about what he said when Major phoned him and the editor said he had a bucket of SHIT and was going too tip it over his head and well deserved.

Well it was the Poll Tax that made me so bitter about the Tories our local TV news did a programme on its effects on people and thats when all HELL broke loose some body paying £1,800 per year for water rates living in a 5-6 bedroom house was now going to pay £1,100 a reduction of £700.00 while some one in a 2-3 bedroom house would be paying more and then when people where refusing to pay they sent in the Bailiffs to sell their household goods to get the money and quite a lot went to prison all through the Poll Tax so that is why they are detested here in Scotland we only have 1 Tory MSP here and that is 1 too many here i hope I do not upset you but it was England that put them in not here in Scotland, It was my Grand father ( mums dad) that told me about the Tories i was about 4-5 years old and he frightened the shit out me but he did tell me like it was just so you know bobby Im originally from Newcastle-Upon -Tyne as where all my family way back to my great grand parents so the North East which is also suffering from this Tory Gov't.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:06 pm

But Britain still has its AAA rating from Standard & Poors, so Gideon can buy as many batteries as he likes!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:44 am

bobby wrote:Hello Red. I remember the blackouts of the 70's but the ones I remember where those in Ted Heaths (Tory) watch. We also had under him the 3 day working week.

Bobby that is just about the best post I have ever read. WELL DONE TO YOU. its so hard to believe that anyone who lived thought these years can end up calling them good. its was one of the worst economic times I can remember. the only people who did very well were to be found in the City of London. I will never totally rest myself till we see the end of Right wing economics Bobby. its killed us and dogged us for far too long in my view. so i am with you and Red 100%.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 am

Redflag wrote:

I understand where your coming from bobby have you not got a bit of Scots in you reason Im asking the try try and try again attitude you have, Like you at first I thought a woman in the top job she might understand about how families are struggling what a bloody laugh that was but it was when she brought in the Poll tax in and the vat rise in gas and electric bills and it was Labour that reduced that on gas and electric bills, as for Major he who preached about family life but liked a bit of curry on the side I think that Spitting Images got him down to a tea, grey man eating peas with Norma did you hear the witness at the Levison inquiry about what he said when Major phoned him and the editor said he had a bucket of SHIT and was going too tip it over his head and well deserved.

Well it was the Poll Tax that made me so bitter about the Tories our local TV news did a programme on its effects on people and thats when all HELL broke loose some body paying £1,800 per year for water rates living in a 5-6 bedroom house was now going to pay £1,100 a reduction of £700.00 while some one in a 2-3 bedroom house would be paying more and then when people where refusing to pay they sent in the Bailiffs to sell their household goods to get the money and quite a lot went to prison all through the Poll Tax so that is why they are detested here in Scotland we only have 1 Tory MSP here and that is 1 too many here i hope I do not upset you but it was England that put them in not here in Scotland, It was my Grand father ( mums dad) that told me about the Tories i was about 4-5 years old and he frightened the shit out me but he did tell me like it was just so you know bobby Im originally from Newcastle-Upon -Tyne as where all my family way back to my great grand parents so the North East which is also suffering from this Tory Gov't.

Two great posts at once. GREAT POSTS RED. one of your very best. my i add
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:53 am

oftenwrong wrote:But Britain still has its AAA rating from Standard & Poors, so Gideon can buy as many batteries as he likes!

God knows how. but says a great deal about Stand & Poo does it not?
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:52 am

If you walk and poo, you simply become a Tory and crap on everyone "en-passant.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm

bobby wrote:If you walk and poo, you simply become a Tory and crap on everyone "en-passant.

Or bobby there is another way just been watching BBC Parliament channel and have seen I never thought I would see Vince Cable has been put through the Tory Party machine and came out the other end BATHED in Tory Ideology and Dogma so there you go bobby there is another way, and he is just as nasty as the Tories he sits next too.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next