Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

+36
Deadly Nightshade
Bellatori
ghost whistler
boatlady
skwalker1964
methought
cybercheshired
Tosh
tlttf
Shirina
Bunnyrunner
KnarkyBadger
Mel
astradt1
Red Cat Woman
Papaumau
Adele Carlyon
jackthelad
Blamhappy
AwfulTruth
blueturando
betty.noire
astra
trevorw2539
LWS
sickchip
Ivan
witchfinder
bobby
keenobserver1
Redflag
Stox 16
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Penderyn
Ivanhoe
40 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 5 Empty When do you think there will be a leadership challenge in the Lib Dems?

Post by Ivanhoe Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Lib-Dems will not let Nick Clegg lead them into the next general election because Clegg will definitely be a liability.

The Lib-Dems won't have their leadership challenge too near the general election because this will be seen as a vote grabber.

The Lib-Dems must have their leadership challenge ages before the next general election to be seen as a genuine change of leadership.

So, when do you think their leadership challenge will be ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 5 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 am

oftenwrong wrote:Poor old Clegg, running after a bus and scrambling on board breathless and red in the face, only to discover it's going the wrong way.

lol!

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 5 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by Redflag Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:40 pm

AwfulTruth wrote:
Redflag wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

A certainty that they won't have to learn the tune that goes with the words, "The Liberal candidate lost his/her deposit."

After the local elections of May they will have that tune off by heart word for word OW so do not worry yourself and maybe we could learn it so we can sing it to them. Shocked

Just keep the red flag flying! It's prettier that a faded, ragged old Tory ensign...which is beginning to look like a pirate skull and crossbones jobby! Twisted Evil

I kind of feel sorry for Clegg - can't be easy being an inept power grabber. That may be a bit harsh! scratch

My Grandfather taught me "Keep the Red Flag Flying High" while I was a child sitting on his knee after he had a few pints at the British Legion, have been listening to the TV news about Nick Clegg launching his local Election bid he is hoping (and praying and fingers crossed) he does better this year than last, After letting the Tories privatize there NHS and the Welfare Bill and the Housing benefit Bill does he really think that people will welcome his councillors with open arms think he has been eating magic mushrooms. elephant elephant elephant
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Comrades, this is our democratic chance to shxx on them (the gov) from a great height!

The electorate 'Dove From Above' is about to drop a massive bouncing bomb defeat right on top of the Cameron/Clegg parade.

Oh the thrill of the voting power in our very hands... :bom:

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:26 pm

AwfulTruth wrote:Comrades, this is our democratic chance to shxx on them (the gov) from a great height!

The electorate 'Dove From Above' is about to drop a massive bouncing bomb defeat right on top of the Cameron/Clegg parade.

Oh the thrill of the voting power in our very hands... :bom:

And lets hope that we SH*** from a very great height, this is the week that family tax credits comes to an end for every couple that can not get another 8 hours from there bosses so that they qualify for family tax credits, this Gov't knew this would happen knowing how hard it is to get a job so this weekend people are going to find out its better off on benefits than to work for a living I wonder by how much Gideons Welfare Bill will go up this weekend?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 am

It's a litany of unjust, fascistic claptrap gone bananas!

Just how do the affected people pay their bills? bounce

It REALLY concerns me that the caviar-scoffing, champagne swigging twatterati king are oh so extravagantly out of touch that they probably think black pudding is a burnt spotted dick...

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:19 pm

AwfulTruth wrote:It's a litany of unjust, fascistic claptrap gone bananas!

It REALLY concerns me that the caviar-scoffing, champagne swigging twatterati king are oh so extravagantly out of touch that they probably think black pudding is a burnt spotted dick...

If your expecting the Tories to care you will wait a long time, they do not know what it to have to worry about where the money is coming from to pay the bills the only time some people will see them is when there looking for your vote and I hope the people of the UK do not forget or forgive the Tories this time, but do think between the budget and the sleaze has put the UK on its guard for more Tory lies.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Redflag wrote:
AwfulTruth wrote:It's a litany of unjust, fascistic claptrap gone bananas!

If your expecting the Tories to care you will wait a long time, they do not know what it to have to worry about where the money is coming from to pay the bills the only time some people will see them is when there looking for your vote and I hope the people of the UK do not forget or forgive the Tories this time, but do think between the budget and the sleaze has put the UK on its guard for more Tory lies.

After 18 long years of Tory rule, 1979- 1997, I did not think for one moment that the Tory's would have got any votes at the last general election but they did.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
After 18 long years of Tory rule, 1979- 1997, I did not think for one moment that the Tory's would have got any votes at the last general election but they did.

It takes approximately one week for people to forget all the bad stuff.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Blamhappy wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:

It takes approximately one week for people to forget all the bad stuff.

It takes a lifetime to be educated about it. It's something they call experience.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:10 pm

I know it's not a boring subject, but most people consider it so, so they're more than happy to be spoonfed the "facts" by word of mouth and the newspapers.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Blamhappy wrote:I know it's not a boring subject, but most people consider it so, so they're more than happy to be spoonfed the "facts" by word of mouth and the newspapers.

"facts". ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Yeah, you know, the biased details printed by newspapers, like scaremongering about immigration.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Blamhappy wrote:Yeah, you know, the biased details printed by newspapers, like scaremongering about immigration.

Immigration's not the problem with Britain. The British are the problem, but they are just too thick to see it.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Gawd, so true. We're an awful lot!
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:45 pm

It's bein' so cheerful as keeps us going. Laughing
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Indeed!

bounce
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:19 pm

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 5 Empty by Blamhappy Today at 5:23 pm

Gawd, so true. We're an awful lot!

Hey. Talk for yourself;)
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Blamhappy wrote:Gawd, so true. We're an awful lot!

There is many a true word spoken in jest.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
Blamhappy wrote:Gawd, so true. We're an awful lot!

There is many a true word spoken in jest.

I would dispute that fact, awful no, stupid yes. After all those years with Thatchers tory government, we let the tories back, admittedly they are being helped by the incompetent Lib/Dems, a party that would never be elected whilst the human race as a backside.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:39 pm

and yet .... and yet .... Nobody likes the quisling Lib-Dems for allowing the execrable Tories to sneak their way back in to our wallets. The Tories lag in the Polls. Nothing seems to go right for Cameron ..

and yet... Can anyone see any other Party winning a General Election if it were to be held in the Autumn?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 pm

I do like a chap who is guaranteed to cheer up other folk... Crying or Very sad
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:55 pm

How's life at the coalface these days then, Phil?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Kind of you to ask, but I wouldn't want to burden you with tales of malnourished children and a wife forced to contemplate an Avon Lady career...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:19 pm

oftenwrong wrote:and yet .... and yet .... Nobody likes the quisling Lib-Dems for allowing the execrable Tories to sneak their way back in to our wallets. The Tories lag in the Polls. Nothing seems to go right for Cameron ..

and yet... Can anyone see any other Party winning a General Election if it were to be held in the Autumn?

Ed Milliband's Labour party will walk into Government at the next G/E.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Some interesting results to look out for in the local elections, for example Birmingham is currently NOC ( no overall control ), Labour require just 4 seats to take them from 57 to 61 to gain Britains second city.

One third of Birminghams councillors ( 40 ) are up for re-election, and of that number, 13 are LibDem, 18 Conservative and just 9 been Labour, but remember that in theory at least, all 40 seats could go to the Lib Dems, and in theory at least, the pope could marry Sir Elton John.

One of very few major towns and citys held by the LibDems is Portsmouth, and a loss of just 5 of the 14 seats up for grabs would see the city change to NOC.

Another interesting one could be Cambridge where one third (14) of all seats are up for re-election, current make-up of the council is LibDems 25 - Labour 14 - Green 2 - Ind 1, so a real possibility not only for the LibDems to lose control, but also for Labour to become the largest party.

disasterous local election results on the horizon
erosion of individual liberties
GPs losing faith in NHS reforms
poll ratings for the LibDems stuck in single figures

Its going to be an interesting Spring and Summer

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Interesting that you should mention Birmingham. In the general election of 2010, Clegg said that the Lib Dems should talk first to the largest party. In Birmingham, Labour is already the largest party, but the Lib Dems, who portrayed themselves as so left-wing in 2010, have preferred to ally themselves with a reactionary Tory leader and his repulsive party. Make no mistake about what it means - if you vote Lib Dem, you get the Tories. Or to put it another way, lie down with vermin and you catch something terminal.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Kind of you to ask, but I wouldn't want to burden you with tales of malnourished children and a wife forced to contemplate an Avon Lady career...

Tupperware is the Future, tell her, now that Agent Provocateur has disappointed.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:58 am

TE-HE! lol!

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:07 am

Ivan wrote:Interesting that you should mention Birmingham. In the general election of 2010, Clegg said that the Lib Dems should talk first to the largest party. In Birmingham, Labour is already the largest party, but the Lib Dems, who portrayed themselves as so left-wing in 2010, have preferred to ally themselves with a reactionary Tory leader and his repulsive party. Make no mistake about what it means - if you vote Lib Dem, you get the Tories. Or to put it another way, lie down with vermin and you catch something terminal.

My dear comrade, I voted for the Lib-Dems in the last election. I was trusting, so they took me in. They took my vote and gave it to the Tories. Twisted Evil I was screwed by a desperately vain-glorious power seeker called Clegg; I stick pins in his wax effigy! (not literally!)

You are oh so right; I will never vote that way again.

Love them or loath them, if we want an NHS, etcetera, Labour is the only viable antidote to the foetid shower we have at present.

The price for selling the soul of the Lib-Dem party to the devil of the Tory mob? It is electoral annihilation.

I hope very hard that at the locals we will see political vengeance manifested in a massive way.

bounce

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:55 am

AwfulTruth wrote:
Ivan wrote:Interesting that you should mention Birmingham. In the general election of 2010, Clegg said that the Lib Dems should talk first to the largest party. In Birmingham, Labour is already the largest party, but the Lib Dems, who portrayed themselves as so left-wing in 2010, have preferred to ally themselves with a reactionary Tory leader and his repulsive party. Make no mistake about what it means - if you vote Lib Dem, you get the Tories. Or to put it another way, lie down with vermin and you catch something terminal.

My dear comrade, I voted for the Lib-Dems in the last election. I was trusting, so they took me in. They took my vote and gave it to the Tories. Twisted Evil I was screwed by a desperately vain-glorious power seeker called Clegg; I stick pins in his wax effigy! (not literally!)

You are oh so right; I will never vote that way again.

Love them or loath them, if we want an NHS, etcetera, Labour is the only viable antidote to the foetid shower we have at present.

The price for selling the soul of the Lib-Dem party to the devil of the Tory mob? It is electoral annihilation.

I hope very hard that at the locals we will see political vengeance manifested in a massive way.

bounce

A T do not be so hard on yourself there where thousands like you just look at the young Uni students that where taken in by them, this is the Easter break for all MPs they will have to go back and face there constituency I would love to be a fly on the wall in one of them so when parliament starts back take a good look at the L/Ds faces and see how long they are they will have been told the truth by there constituents that would have been very hard pill for them to swallow. pale pale pale
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, let us metaphorically pray for poetic justice...

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:17 pm

... which may well coincide with the Local Elections on May 3rd.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm

AwfulTruth wrote:Well, let us metaphorically pray for poetic justice...

We will get it on May 3rd and you know what they say AT he who laughs last laughs the longest.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Red, if it goes how we want it to go then the bubbly will be flowing!

Das ist Schadenfreude, und wir werden unsere Köpfe lachen!
Laughing

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:19 am

schadenfreude n. Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

(A German word tailor-made for the English temperament.)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 am

AwfulTruth wrote:Red, if it goes how we want it to go then the bubbly will be flowing!

Das ist Schadenfreude, und wir werden unsere Köpfe lachen!
Laughing

I think a nice drop of Italian bubbly would go down well.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Yes, good one! Some Prosecco?

Actually I would thoroughly recommend our English sparkling wine - some of which has already come top in the world sparkling wine championships and trounced ALL of the top Champagne houses, including the best vintage stuff.

I can vouch for it being quite superlative. And of course there'd be a kind of irony in drinking the stuff he probably thinks is inferior to the French bubbly he quaffs (he has a fondness for 'the widow', I hear but cannot say more so as to avoid overtly advertising any particular brand).

Methinks he will be drinking hemlock soon; woe is me and thrice woe for the gods are angry and shall send fire and brimstone onto the heads of the wicked who have mocked them! Metaphorically speaking of course...

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:07 pm

AwfulTruth quote.Methinks he will be drinking hemlock soon; woe is me and thrice woe for the gods are angry and shall send fire and brimstone onto the heads of the wicked who have mocked them! Metaphorically speaking of course...

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 5 50-89
AwfulTruth
Blogger

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 5 Icon_pm  What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 5 Icon_email  What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 5 Icon_www
Hi Cassandra. Long time no Pompeii? Whatever happened to Frankie Howerd?Smile

Last edited by trevorw2539 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:06 pm

AwfulTruth wrote:Yes, good one! Some Prosecco?

Actually I would thoroughly recommend our English sparkling wine - some of which has already come top in the world sparkling wine championships and trounced ALL of the top Champagne houses, including the best vintage stuff.

I can vouch for it being quite superlative. And of course there'd be a kind of irony in drinking the stuff he probably thinks is inferior to the French bubbly he quaffs (he has a fondness for 'the widow', I hear but cannot say more so as to avoid overtly advertising any particular brand).

Methinks he will be drinking hemlock soon; woe is me and thrice woe for the gods are angry and shall send fire and brimstone onto the heads of the wicked who have mocked them! Metaphorically speaking of course...

When the time comes AT send me details and I will try it and let you know if it comes up to standard for that occasion.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:07 pm

The future of the Lib Dems looks grim if tonight's YouGov poll is anything to go by:-
LABOUR 43%, TORIES 32%, UKIP 9%, LIB DEMS 8%.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:36 pm

They have no one to blame but themselves! They're a bunch of oportunist rank amateurs! I hope they get wiped off the face of the earth. And as for Clegg...whenever I hear his name I actually just hear the word LIAR!!!!!
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next