Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A 'government of firsts'

+12
Mel
blueturando
atv
Ivan
witchfinder
astra
trevorw2539
Redflag
Scarecrow
oftenwrong
Stox 16
astradt1
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A 'government of firsts' Empty A 'government of firsts'

Post by astradt1 Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 pm

This government seem to be a 'government of firsts' and I don't mean honors degrees.

We recently had the first NHS Hospital to be run by a private company and today it was announced that we will see the first Police Station to be Built run and staffed by the Tories' favourite private security firm G4S....You know the ones who handle prisoners in transit and private prisons...

G4S, Private Firm, To Run Police Station In Lincolnshire

Private security firm G4S will design, build and help run a police station in what is thought to be the first deal of its kind.

Although the deal with Lincolnshire Police Authority could save up to £28m, it has been criticised by the the Police Federation who warned private sector contracts could leave police officers "high and dry in times of national emergency".

Any takers for a Fire Station????
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

A 'government of firsts' Empty Re: A 'government of firsts'

Post by Stox 16 Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:00 am

astradt1 wrote:This government seem to be a 'government of firsts' and I don't mean honors degrees.

We recently had the first NHS Hospital to be run by a private company and today it was announced that we will see the first Police Station to be Built run and staffed by the Tories' favourite private security firm G4S....You know the ones who handle prisoners in transit and private prisons...

G4S, Private Firm, To Run Police Station In Lincolnshire

Private security firm G4S will design, build and help run a police station in what is thought to be the first deal of its kind.

Although the deal with Lincolnshire Police Authority could save up to £28m, it has been criticised by the the Police Federation who warned private sector contracts could leave police officers "high and dry in times of national emergency".

Any takers for a Fire Station????

Hiya astrat1
Good God...what ever next...I cannot believe they are running the UK like this...but thinking about it..yes I can...its all reliving there failed policies of the 1980s. this is just the latest's
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:42 pm

A government of "firsts" it may appear to the youngsters, but everything this shower are pushing through is clearly a continuation of Tory Policy whilst under the domination of a female Prime Minister.

There aren't actually many New Ideas.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:23 pm

G4S , The company is a contractor in the UK Government's 'Welfare to Work' as well as a vast array of other offshoots , risk management activities, consultancy and support etc .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G4S
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Scarecrow wrote:G4S , The company is a contractor in the UK Government's 'Welfare to Work' as well as a vast array of other offshoots , risk management activities, consultancy and support etc .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G4S

I wonder who owns G4S I think I can say without too much doubt that they will be friends or family of one or other of the Tory party.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:01 pm

First it was a private company to run teh admin side of a police station now it's a private company to carry out street patrols, investigate crimes and to'offer' support to victims ............

Police To Invite Private Security Firms To Bid For Contracts In Surrey And West Midlands

Police are set to bring in private companies to investigate crimes and patrol neighbourhoods, it has been was reported.

Two forces, West Midlands and Surrey, are asking security firms to bid for contracts, worth £1.5bn over seven years, to run some services that are currently carried out by officers, according to the Guardian.

Successful firms would have a wide range of responsibilities, including detaining suspects and responding to incidents, but would not be able to arrest suspects.

In a briefing note sent to companies, which was seen by the newspaper, all services that "can be legally delegated to the private sector" are potentially up for contract.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/03/police-to-invite-private-security-firms_n_1318063.html?ref=uk

Welcome to Camoron's brave new England......
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Welcome to Camoron's brave new England......

You're welcome to it. I'll just put up with it till the Cabinet is certified, by the electorate. No doubt they will plead 'guilt with diminished responsibility. It was all Labours fault.'...............No
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:20 pm

The next logical change is out-sourcing the Government to an American consultancy firm.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 pm

I remember when Gummer had to give up his directorship of Group 4 Security, but looking at their internet sites, they are into everything that Serco are. G4S seems to be wholly Norwegian owned but pages will not load. try again tomorrow.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:24 am

The government is going to privatise the royal family

A private company "Camborne Steel & Cash" has hired Edna Buckle to take on the role of head of state, her husband "Jack Buckle" will act as consort, they will both recieve a 40 hour per week wage based on the minimum wage plus a council flat.

The private company whos directors are listed as George Moet Chandon Cameron and David Mansion Snorting Osborne are to charge the government £10 million per year, a saving of £30 million.

The company says that running costs and administration take up much of the £10 million, and the fact that Jack Buckle does like a few pints of Fullers London Pride most nights down at the Spotted Cow.

The present Queen will be made redundant and has been offered a job advertising Crown Royal whisky in Canada.

Buckingham palace will be converted into 40 10 bedroom apartments for deprived, homeless former ministers of the Crown.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:48 am

But what's going to befall the Queen's little Charlie? What can he do?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 pm

[quote="witchfinder"]The government is going to privatise the royal family

A private company "Camborne Steel & Cash" has hired Edna Buckle to take on the role of head of state, her husband "Jack Buckle" will act as consort, they will both recieve a 40 hour per week wage based on the minimum wage plus a council flat.

The private company whos directors are listed as George Moet Chandon Cameron and David Mansion Snorting Osborne are to charge the government £10 million per year, a saving of £30 million.

The company says that running costs and administration take up much of the £10 million, and the fact that Jack Buckle does like a few pints of Fullers London Pride most nights down at the Spotted Cow.

The present Queen will be made redundant and has been offered a job advertising Crown Royal whisky in Canada.

Buckingham palace will be converted into 40 10 bedroom apartments for deprived, homeless former ministers of the Crown.

My understanding was that a newly refurbished Strangeways in Manchester was being prepared for them, complete with padded cells and unfurnished Cabinet Room for torture. Security supplied by the militant left wing of the Labour Party. Ooops. See you in the Tower.Very Happy
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:45 pm

"The UK is thought to have slipped behind Brazil in the world pecking order after official figures showed the emerging market's economy grew 2.7% last year.

Brazil's total output in 2011, at an average exchange rate and at current market prices, was worth 2.469 trillion US dollars (£1.56 trillion), compared with Britain's total output of 2.42 trillion US dollars (£1.53 trillion), think-tank Cebr said.

This would see the UK fall one place to the seventh largest economy as Brazil leapfrogs to sixth position - and closes in on France and Germany.

Tim Ohlenburg, senior economist at Cebr, said: "It's a natural enough movement. Brazil has a large population, has massive natural resources and strong local industry. It's just a country set for higher growth."
http://news.uk.msn.com/uk-economy-slips-behind-brazil

Yeah well, we knew it did we not!!

The FIRST time Britain lags Latin America.

I hope Cameroon is roasted tomorrow.
This is the bit that gets to me - "Brazil has a large population, has massive natural resources"

WE have the population with the work ethic. WE have MASSIVE resources, It is just that another TORY government trapped that wealth where it is for ever!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:31 pm

by astra Today at 10:45 pm

"The UK is thought to have slipped behind Brazil in the world pecking order after official figures showed the emerging market's economy grew 2.7% last year.

Brazil's total output in 2011, at an average exchange rate and at current market prices, was worth 2.469 trillion US dollars (£1.56 trillion), compared with Britain's total output of 2.42 trillion US dollars (£1.53 trillion), think-tank Cebr said.

This would see the UK fall one place to the seventh largest economy as Brazil leapfrogs to sixth position - and closes in on France and Germany.

Tim Ohlenburg, senior economist at Cebr, said: "It's a natural enough movement. Brazil has a large population, has massive natural resources and strong local industry. It's just a country set for higher growth."
http://news.uk.msn.com/uk-economy-slips-behind-brazil

Yeah well, we knew it did we not!!

The FIRST time Britain lags Latin America.

I hope Cameroon is roasted tomorrow.
This is the bit that gets to me - "Brazil has a large population, has massive natural resources"

WE have the population with the work ethic. WE have MASSIVE resources, It is just that another TORY government trapped that wealth

I don't disagree with anything you say. Just one point. Brazil has a large population many of which are poor. Does this seem familiar?

Classes and Castes. "Brazil is no longer an underdeveloped country. It is an unjust country," Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso proclaimed in 1994. Today Brazil, although one of the ten largest economies in the world, has the most unequal distribution of income of any nation except South Africa. Moreover, inequality has been growing. In the mid-1990s, the poorest 20 percent of the population received only 3 percent of national income, while the richest 10 percent received 47 percent. Or, put in another way, the wealthiest 20 percent earn twenty-six times as much as the poorest 20 percent. It is estimated that some thirty-three million Brazilians live in poverty, including twenty million workers and ten million pensioners who receive the minimum wage of around $115 a month

Read more: Culture of Brazil - history, people, traditions, women, beliefs, food, customs, family, social http://www.everyculture.com/Bo-Co/Brazil.html#ixzz1oNl7QJDj

Shocked
I believe things have improved slightly since then
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Astra.

Sorry about the above. Forgot to separate my comments from yours. Still can't get the hang of these - er - computors.scratch
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:45 pm

trevor2539. Take a look at the 'Posting Rules, Assistance And Copyright Issues' board for help with using quotes from other members.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:55 am

witchfinder wrote:The government is going to privatise the royal family

WF you might not be too far from the truth with what you have said, I know its not funny but could not help having a chuckle, I have said this before and Im sorry for going on about it but scam..er..on has got all his policies and Ideas from looking through Thatchers papers from her time in Gov't.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:12 am

Ivan wrote:trevor2539. Take a look at the 'Posting Rules, Assistance And Copyright Issues' board for help with using quotes from other members.

Ivan. Thanks
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:13 am

Trevor, Has the Brazil Government in the last 30 years been - closing it's coal mines, refusing to help major companies (thinking of Sheffield), closed down it's steel production, Shipbuilding and any number of other important tasks that keep the population busy?

No they have not and Embraer Aircraft manufacturer is well respected around the planet.

Everyone seems to want to see Britain on her knees - competition is good,(?) not apparently when UK is a competitor! (Tells me something!) and no one desires our downfall more so than Brussels and westminster who have not done anything for this land in the last 33 years.

Last edited by astra on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:50 am

The fact that Brazil is now ( apparently ) the sixth economy of the world is very much misunderstood by a lot of people.

What it basicly means is that the total combined value of everything Brazil makes and produces is worth more than everything that the UK makes and produces.

Well thats hardly suprising as the UK is a nation of 62 million, compared to Brazils 190+ million people.

Looking at it in a different way, the Gross Domestic Product of Brazil dived up between each person is less than 12,000 US dollars - in comparison the Gross Domestic Product of the UK divided betwen each person is 36.000 US dollars.

On the current projections and based on recent growth rates, China will overtake the United States in around 15 years time as the worlds number 1 economy, but in terms of GDP per capita ( per person ) China will not come even remotely close to either the United States or the UK, not even as far ahead as 2060.
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:00 pm

astra wrote:Trevor, Has the Brazil Government in the last 30 years been - closing it's coal mines, refusing to help major companies (thinking of Sheffield), closed down it's steel production, Shipbuilding and any number of other important tasks that keep the population busy?

No they have not and Embraer Aircraft manufacturer is well respected around the planet.

Everyone seems to want to see Britain on her knees - competition is good, none more so than Brussels and westminster who have not done anything for this land in the last 33 years.

Does this seem familiar?

My point was, probably not well put, the wealth aspect, and the poor and needy, as in this country. I agreed with what you wrote.

But. We will never be an 'industrial nation' again in the sense that most of 'our' industry is in the hands of 'foreigners'. Sad True we reap taxes from them. This and other governments have not done enough to help. Where other countries support their industries we usually let them down while helping outside industries with grants etc to set up/expand in this country, as you have rightly said. There is nothing wrong in that to help employment, as the damage done in letting our own industry disappear is probably irreparable..

Competition is good if on a level playing surface.

In the coming Olympics athletes will compete. Some will try to gain advantage by use of illegal substances.

Unfortunately this is often the business worlds' attitude. Crying or Very sad

I do not believe Bombadier was a fair playing field, nor do I believe that the German Government did not 'support' Siemens bid. I notice that just after that, Siemens was granted permisssion to build a windturbine factory here. A sop from Siemens? Cynical old me. Embarassed

Indian aircraft affair? what support did our Government really give our Aerospace industry? What did the French give theirs? Cynical old me. Embarassed

Must finish now while I sob quietly into my Hankie:(
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Quote witchfinder.

On the current projections and based on recent growth rates, China will overtake the United States in around 15 years time as the worlds number 1 economy, but in terms of GDP per capita ( per person ) China will not come even remotely close to either the United States or the UK, not even as far ahead as 2060.

Crikey Witchfinder. 2060. I shall be celebrating my 120+ birthday in that year. Very Happy Laughing
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:44 pm

So witchfinder, there is nowt to be concerned or bothered about?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:50 pm

From memory, every time Claire Short was on Question Time or ANY other Media, she would ALWAYS blurt out that "UK is the 4th richest country in the world! AND because of that FACT we had a duty to help the poor and those in distress anywhere in the world!

What has happened so silently, so quickly in the last 2 to 3 years?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Not a Tory "First" but part and parcel of their ideology is the announcement today of massive reductions in the state subsidy for the disabled-employment firm Remploy. Originally started just after WW2 to provide stress-free occupation for war-wounded, it still gives sheltered employment for the less able. Up to now.

Simultaneously, Frances Maud, Minister to the Cabinet, admits that the Government is owed £38 billion in unpaid accounts.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:18 pm

astra wrote:From memory, every time Claire Short was on Question Time or ANY other Media, she would ALWAYS blurt out that "UK is the 4th richest country in the world! AND because of that FACT we had a duty to help the poor and those in distress anywhere in the world!

What has happened so silently, so quickly in the last 2 to 3 years?

Politicians illness. Loss of memory:)
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:33 pm

massive reductions in the state subsidy for the disabled-employment firm Remploy.

Aunty Maggie tried that!

All but closed the Remploy Factory in Jarrow!

The local councils (plural) and local business chipped in and saved a portion of the factory, Gideon must be hoping much the same for other parts of the business elsewhere.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Politicians illness. Loss of memory:) .
trevorw2539

Out right li (er being economical with the truth morelike!)

astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:31 pm

"The government will reduce its current subsidy to Remploy from the beginning of the new financial year so that we cease funding factories which make significant losses year after year”
It follows an independent review conducted by Liz Sayce, chief executive of Disability Rights UK, into the way in which the government spends its disability employment budget. Her report recommended that government funding should focus on support for individuals, rather than subsidising factory businesses.
She recommended the cash should be diverted into the Access to Work fund, which provides technology and other help to firms for the disabled, whose average spend per person is £2,900. "
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17288762

But again you get the usual suspects peddling their "social cleansing" extremism.
I don't recall seeing these comments when Labour closed 30 Remploy factories, closed at end of march 2008 in a "week of shame" for the Labour Government.
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:48 pm

AH SO!

It's OK for the Conservative and Unionist Party (SPIT) of Great Britain to turn the thumbscrews coz the other lot got away with it in the first place?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 pm

ATV, forget the rhetoric!

We are talking about disabled and disadvantaged people here!

It's OK to screw them but at all costs leave those in the "city" alone?

ARE we all in this together?

WHOOPS, I've misplaced a word there somewhere!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:03 pm

astra wrote:AH SO!

It's OK for the Conservative and Unionist Party (SPIT) of Great Britain to turn the thumbscrews coz the other lot got away with it in the first place?

So it's OK for Labour to screw the disabled, the disadvantaged and anybody else they can think of, because what, the good of the Country, the good of the Labour party, but when the Torys do simliar on the recomendations of Liz Sayce, chief executive of Disability Rights UK, whose report recommended that government funding should focus on support for individuals, rather than subsidising factory businesses. It's the evil Torys again.
She recommended the cash should be diverted into the Access to Work fund, which provides technology and other help to firms for the disabled, whose average spend per person is £2,900. "

Do the Labour and their supporters think they know better than disability groups?
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Typical Tory behavior nothing they do supprises me any more I am just frightened of what they will do next, TIME THAT THE UK STOOD UP TO THIS SHOWER O BACKSTUDS.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:20 pm

LMAO.....Labour? A shower of liars and hypocrites. The general public won't be conned with your Sh*t anymore. Poor old Ed found out what people really think on his Radio phone in yesterday...

Labour couldn't run a village fete let alone the country

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Redflag wrote:

Typical Tory behavior nothing they do supprises me any more I am just frightened of what they will do next, TIME THAT THE UK STOOD UP TO THIS SHOWER O BACKSTUDS.

And that is the typical Labour reply.
It's OK when we do it but when the Torys do it we are frightened.
Well the UK didn't stand up to the shower of Backstuds when prices were rising on a daily basis, they didn't stand up when Labour taxed every thing in sight which in turn affected the poor and disadvantaged, so why should they stand up to a government that is trying to put right that which the last Labour government left the country with?
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 pm

[quote="atv"]

.... Liz Sayce, chief executive of Disability Rights UK, whose report recommended that government funding should focus on support for individuals, rather than subsidising factory businesses. It's the evil Torys again.

Do the Labour and their supporters think they know better than disability groups?

Fair point. Now tell us what you know about "Disability Rights UK" and its links to the Tory Party and a Grouping called Carehome UK.

Thanks
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 pm

blueturando wrote:LMAO.....Labour? A shower of liars and hypocrites. The general public won't be conned with your Sh*t anymore. Poor old Ed found out what people really think on his Radio phone in yesterday...

Labour couldn't run a village fete let alone the country

Couldn't agree more.
I do believe this is what is frightening the lefties the most, they want to believe Ed will lead them to. victory at the next GE, but know in their heart of hearts that it's not going to happen.

Ed Miliband must work harder to get his message across to the public if Labour is to recover from a 'shaky start' to 2012, senior Labour MP Alan Johnson warned.
The former cabinet minister said he believed the party leader had 'the personality, the intellect and the steely determination to succeed'.
But he said that unless he got out 'on the stump' to gain public recognition and made the Opposition sound more relevant to ordinary voters it would be in trouble.
The intervention of Mr Johnson, who stepped down as shadow chancellor almost a year ago for personal reasons, comes after a damning poll showed most voters not think that Mr Miliband is doing a worse job than Nick Clegg.
The YouGov survey found that just 20 per cent of people say Mr Miliband is performing well as Labour leader, while 21 per cent think the same of Mr Clegg as leader of the Liberal Democrats, despite his party’s unpopularity.
By contrast, 44 per cent of people think David Cameron is doing well as Prime Minister.
“Small opinion poll leads, welcome as they are, cannot hide the fact that the public remain suspicious about Labour,' said Mr Johnson.
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Ed-Miliband-popular-Nick-Clegg
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Time, as they say, will tell, atv.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 pm

So it's OK for Labour to screw the disabled, the disadvantaged and anybody else they can think of, because what, the good of the Country, the good of the Labour party, but when the Torys do simliar on the recomendations of

Who is this person and how much is innit fer her (all together)

ATV, Why do you HAVE to brand EVERYONE on here who does not like the torys a labour loving leftie? Are you not yet tired of beating that poor old pony just coz it stands there?

You were on the MSN boards, and when, WHEN did I EVER praise labour?
Blair admitted he did nowt for the Noth East coz he did not want to be accused of favouratism! Not then, and not before either!

Are yoo telling me I support labour? yer rang!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:42 pm

atv

A little advise. If one continually reads The Daily Mail, one could end up believing anything. Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next