Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evidence for the existence of God (Part 1)

+30
methought
sickchip
KnarkyBadger
boatlady
Tosh
Mel
Blamhappy
Adele Carlyon
witchfinder
astradt1
Phil Hornby
True Blue
astra
Talwar_Punjabi
Scarecrow
bobby
blueturando
Stox 16
trevorw2539
snowyflake
polyglide
gurthbruins
whitbyforklift
GreatNPowerfulOz
Ivan
Shirina
Charlatan
tlttf
oftenwrong
keenobserver1
34 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Evidence for the existence of God (Part 1) - Page 22 Empty Evidence for the existence of God (Part 1)

Post by keenobserver1 Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

If there is a God, he definetly isn't English.
keenobserver1
keenobserver1

Back to top Go down

Evidence for the existence of God (Part 1) - Page 22 Empty Re: Evidence for the existence of God (Part 1)

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:18 pm

I guess you are a 16-17 year old male teenager still at school, English may not actually be your first language.

Tosh

Back to top Go down

Evidence for the existence of God (Part 1) - Page 22 Empty Re: Evidence for the existence of God (Part 1)

Post by polyglide Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 pm

As usual you are about 99.99% wrong, wrong, wrong.

I do not know how you have the bare faced cheek to mention English, you are totally unable to understand a simple quesion.

Even if you could get someone to explain things to you, you would still be in Walter Mitty land.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm

How many times are you going to miss out the " t " in question ?

That is 4 out of 4.

Get on with your homework you silly little boy.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:35 pm

As you have nothing of any real concern regarding facts etc; I thought I would give you a little encouragement to see if you could pick up on a simple spelling mistake, however, taking you 4 times to pick it up. proves it is out of the question to expect anything of you other than juvanile remarks unworthy of a two year old.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 pm

As you have nothing of any real concern regarding facts etc; I thought I would give you a little encouragement to see if you could pick up on a simple spelling mistake, however, taking you 4 times to pick it up. proves it is out of the question to expect anything of you other than juvanile remarks unworthy of a two year old..

mmm, you are drowning sucker, funny how old polyglide uses modern urban words like quesion, innit ? eh ? eh ?

LMAO.

I clocked you from the getgo.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Astra on polyglide 31/3/2012:

I feel you are a bored 19 year old theology student looking for ideas before hitting the world running. (You'll trip up).

mmmm.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Tosh I do not know your age but I do know your IQ you make it so clear in every post -50. would be a little kind.

polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:34 pm

A cabbage is not a stapler.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Okie Dokie, lets get back to serious discussion, the evidence of human evolution from a common ancestor with chimps.

We share 94% of our DNA with chimps, we have a fused Chromosone( no2) found in chimps and we have transitional fossils from chimp to man.

Now if God made these two species seperate why did he fuse two chimp chromosomes in the process ?

I bet its got nothing to do with hadama or butterflies.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Tosh, the thread title is Evidence for the existence of God but you haven't produced any.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Tosh, the thread title is Evidence for the existence of God but you haven't produced any. .

Neither have you, what's your point caller ?
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Tell us again about the gang you frightened, Tosh.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Tell us again about the gang you frightened, Tosh..

"Us " ?...lol. , how many voices are in your head ?

You tell " us " Walter, its your fantasy, run with it and we will see who comes out of it with a bloody nose.

I can smell your desperation from here, time for you to step back from the internet, its starting to affect your mental health.

You aint very good at trolling are you Walter ?

I am. Very Happy

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:05 pm

God does speak in riddles. Shocked
starlight07
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:47 pm

starlight07 wrote:God does speak in riddles. Shocked
But has too many self-appointed intermediaries.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:28 pm

But has too many self-appointed intermediaries.

Speaking of which, were is the lovely polyglide, is it the school holidays ?
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Insults abound, and malice breeds malice.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Insults abound, and malice breeds malice. .

I am sure no malice is intended on this forum, but thanks for the commentary, for what it was worth.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:48 pm

I am still waiting for any cohesive argument for the existence of a deity, I am not even looking for evidence just reasons to believe.

Why should the universe be a divine creation ?

Why can the universe not be an undirected physical event ?

Why must chemical reproduction have a purpose ?

Hopefully this will attract those interested in discussing the meaning of existence.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:46 am

There is no evidence whatsoever that proves or even indicates that man evolved from apes.

As I have explained previously previously, nearly might just as well be nothing.

There must be a reason for existance or that that exists would not be there.

We then come back to all the possible reasons and the how and why.

The most moot point that none of us can come up with anything resembling a reasonable answer, is the start of everything,

If we knew the how the who and the why we would have all the answers.

I believe in a creator and there is no evidence that can contradict the possibility, in the case that I am right then all things can be explained.

If you consider any other possibility many things still could not be explained.

I can see no reason for existance without there being an end prospect.

polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:45 pm

There is no evidence whatsoever that proves or even indicates that man evolved from apes.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution, The Scientific Case for Common Descent

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

It seems you are mistaken.

Prove these evidences are wrong or admit your God did not create humans, then we can move onto your other " logical conclusions ".....like:

I can see no reason for existance without there being an end prospect.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:56 pm

There's even less evidence than Man was created by magic from a pile of dirt.
There must be a reason for existance or that that exists would not be there.
Why *must* there be a reason for existence that comes from beyond our own brains?
If we knew the how the who and the why we would have all the answers.
Why must there be a "who?"
I believe in a creator and there is no evidence that can contradict the possibility, in the case that I am right then all things can be explained.
That's the "God of the Gaps" fallacy.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:48 pm

There's even less evidence than Man was created by magic from a pile of dirt.

Excluding the magic part I do think humans are created from dust/dirt/clay. Science states humans are being made from stardust. From scientific knowledge we also learn that montmorillonite clay has aided the formation of RNA molecules.
starlight07
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Science states humans are being made from stardust.

Everything is made from stardust, one could say humans were made from any element or combination of elements, what does this prove....everything is made from stardust.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:02 am

Even God Tosh?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:24 am

tlttf wrote:Even God Tosh?

lol tlttf!

I agree with many things being made out of stardust but humans are not 100% stardust either. The stardust atoms in our bodies is around 40% and 93% of the mass in our bodies is stardust...

Last edited by starlight07 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote bracket missing)
starlight07
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:31 am

Even God Tosh?.

Nope, gods were made from fear and ignorance, understandable in a world where your fellow humans were dropping like flies from inexplicable causes.

In the absence of science, unseen agents with good or bad intentions made more sense than mindless nature, young minds are predisposed to assume everything has a mind. Our brains work in patterns copied from existing models, it probably never occured to our post cognisant ancestors that we were the only things in nature that had an intentional mind.

The world of the supernatural is an extrapolated copy of our natural world, it is just another pattern, a cause and effect deterministic universe is given intention and it becomes a pre-determined cause and effect universe.

The evolution of spirituality, the supernatural and religion was a path from ignorance to enlightenment, an incredible journey to seek truth through knowledge.

Those that reject knowledge have stopped searching, philosophy is the study of existence and this study must include the implications of evolution.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:52 am

Question, where did the stardust come from?
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Question, where did the stardust come from?.

Answer: The singularity inflating.

Anything or anywhere before this is difficult to calculate, the laws of physics may not apply outwith our universe, one of the options not under consideration is a deity sang " Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ".

Question, What has the first cause got to do with us evolving from primates ?

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:52 pm

I can understand the strategy of using the cosmological argument if one believes in theistic evolution, however why creationists use it baffles me.

We may not know where matter came from but we do know where humans came from, evolution destroys creationism at the first hurdle, it is not necessary to go back 13.7 billion years and outwith time and space to find evidence that creationism is a false claim.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 pm

If there are any creationists in Europe under 40 then they must have left school at 11 or they have been brainwashed. Biology is built around common descent.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Because there is no proof that we did.

There are more people who think that there is far more to everything than a little pool and lightening etc;

The fact is that everything in nature points to an intelligence far beyond our understanding being involved.

However, amonst those there are those who do not accept God.

What is very clear, no one can answer the question where did the universe originate.

We do not even know the extent of the universe.

Without the above question being answerd we are floundering in the dark.

Proof of which is the Troll, Tosh.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Because there is no proof that we did.

Your uneducated and unqualified opinion on biology is worthless, let me repeat worthless, educated and qualified bioligists disagree with your worthless opinion.

What is very clear, no one can answer the question where did the universe originate.

This is not a scientific objection to evolution, you are confusing quantum mechanics and astro-physics with biology.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:05 pm

There are more people who think that there is far more to everything than a little pool and lightening etc;

Argumentum Ad Populum Fallacy: The basic idea is that a claim is accepted as being true simply because most people are favorably inclined towards the claim. More formally, the fact that most people have favorable emotions associated with the claim is substituted in place of actual evidence for the claim. A person falls prey to this fallacy if he accepts a claim as being true simply because most other people approve of the claim.

Fallacious arguments are inherently self-defeating and require no further refutation.
The fact is that everything in nature points to an intelligence far beyond our understanding being involved.

Teleological Fallacy: Such arguments are based on a reversal of cause and effect, because they argue that something is caused by the ultimate effect that it has, or purpose that is serves.
So you admit that "no one knows" how the universe originated yet you claim to have the answer: God did it.

Argumentum Ad Ignorantiam Fallacy: It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false, it is "generally accepted" (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Yes, I believe God was part of creation but I have never said he created the universe.

What no one appears to consider is that we were not meant to dig up bones, dig up coal, drill for oil or cause all the other damage to the earth.

The past is just that and we are totally unaware of what most of it consisted of or the whys and wherefores what we should be concerned about is the present which is proving to be as predicted.

polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Yes, I believe God was part of creation but I have never said he created the universe.
Then why worship one "god" over any other? I mean, you're obviously a Christian, so why pick the Christian God to huggle and nuzzle and not any of the other ones?
What no one appears to consider is that we were not meant to dig up bones, dig up coal, drill for oil or cause all the other damage to the earth.
I don't consider it because I think it's nonsense. It is akin to being seated at a sumptuous feast and then told to sit there and stare at it -- no eating! Does that really make sense to you? And no, I don't believe, assuming we were meant to do anything, that we were supposed to live this quaint little agrarian lifestyle. Let's assume for the sake of argument that one of your gods created us (which one, no one can say). Assuming that is true, that god (whoever he is) gifted us with a big brain and massive amounts of curiosity -- but we're only supposed to use it to live in huts, plow fields all day, and live in stark austerity? That doesn't make much sense. We could have been one-tenth as smart and curious as we are and been able to do that. So why do we have intelligence and curiosity if we're not supposed to use it?

Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Pardon ?

lolol, then why is the Big Bang or the first cause or something from nothing or the origin of the universe of any concern to you, you are drowning troll.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:19 pm

You drowned a long time ago not in water but in dispair.

The Big Bang be it right or wrong, does not in any way prove the manner it was created nor who, why, or what was involved.

I believe in creation, I do not profess to know all the answers but it is obvious that according to my belief there are more beings than the God I believe in, the Devil is one and there are mentions of angels and other beings etc.

We do not have a clue as to the extent of the universe and there may be any number of beings with the capabilities that we are unable to comprehend and planets with numerous other possibilities, we just do not know.

We can only make conclusions based on what we do know and so far as I am concerned the only thing possible is creation of all things by an intelligence far beyond our understanding.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:54 pm

We can only make conclusions based on what we do know and so far as I am concerned the only thing possible is creation of all things by an intelligence far beyond our understanding.
So, theoretically, we could have been created by aliens with superior technology, not necessarily a God.

Yet you believe in the Devil, which you mentioned by name, thus trying to tap dance around the fact that you believe in a religion (as well as in a specific God) isn't lost on me.

You and Tosh can argue over the existence of God, Creationism, and Evolution until the proverbial cows come home. However, even if we all woke up tomorrow to discover every scientist accepts Creationism as fact, you still have yet to provide ANY evidence that the God of the Bible is the Creator. It doesn't matter what the Bible says -- there are lots of holy books and creation myths, and without evidence, they are all equally possible. One of the BIG fallacies made by Creationists is trying to use one unknown (God) to explain another unknown (first cause). Essentially, that's absolute fluff and nonsense, a non-argument that says nothing. It doesn't matter if you have faith, for there is an equal number of Muslims who have the same faith in their own religion - not to mention those who have faith in the thousands of other active religions. It doesn't matter what you believe, either. There are people who believe they are Napoleon, Jesus Christ, and Marilyn Monroe, too, which shows just how erroneous mere belief can be.

What matters is evidence and proof.

You can play games with "God of the Gaps" arguments all you wish to, but you cannot prove - or provide evidence for - your God and your religion being responsible for Creation.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Nor can you prove evolution and the consideration of both in any depth leans heavily on the side of creation.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Nor can you prove evolution

Science has proven evolution, your denial of the incontrovertible evidence defines a delusion, Richard Dawkins book was aimed at ignorant folk like you.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next