Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

+26
LWS
astradt1
boatlady
Ivan
Redflag
Mel
stuart torr
Penderyn
Dan Fante
Bellatori
ghost whistler
blueturando
methought
Shirina
Tosh
bobby
witchfinder
Ivanhoe
Stox 16
betty.noire
sickchip
astra
Phil Hornby
trevorw2539
Adele Carlyon
tlttf
30 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 6 Empty Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Depressing, isn't it? All the miserable gits can come up with is oppression of the poor and fear of the disadvantaged. Never mind, here's something that can make us all feel better about the human race - even if it does have to include Cameron and Company .........

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Given that Mrs Hornby selfishly wishes to be driven to Gatwick tomorrow to fly to visit a chum in Canada, I just popped along to the garage to fill up with fuel and noticed that a litre now appears to cost £1.37.9. It's even dearer at some outlets in these parts. The last time I looked it was about £1.32  where I usually drop by.

I feel sure that if we had a Labour government we would be seeing mass demonstrations led by hauliers, with roads blocked etc., etc. One must assume that such action is simply a politically-motivated ploy by those who care not one jot about what is perpetrated under the Tories. Hypocrites all!

I guess we have reached the point where those who can afford fuel at the current price don't care what it costs, while those who can't have given up buying it and also ceased to have the energy to complain about such things.

Here's my prediction : Cameron ( or at least the Tories ) will once again form the government post-May 2015.  The LibDems will be irrelevant  (unless the British public are even more stupid than I imagine). That's how bad it has become and says a great deal for just how ineffective Labour is at countering the - admittedly very effective - propaganda which is regularly launched against them. But they are such easy targets.

Depressing - but there it is...

Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Post by Ivan Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:26 pm

For those who like to spin the lie that there’s no difference between Labour and the Tories, here are some alternatives to the jaundiced Tory attitudes:-

16 Labour Party policies which Ed Miliband supports

- Repeal of the NHS Act.

- Commitment to build 400,000+ homes.

- Private rent regulation.

- Living wage for public sector workers and shame private sector into following suit.

- A minimum 33-40% cut in tuition fees.

- Rail price regulation limiting fare increases to 1%.

- 50p top rate of income tax.

- Mansion tax.

- Repeat the bankers’ bonus tax.

- Repeal of bedroom tax.

- Scrap ‘Workfare’ and replace it with compulsory jobs guarantee.

- Either a VAT cut or a temporary VAT ‘holiday’.

- No more free schools.

- Scrap Ofgem and introduce proper energy price regulation.

- Support for clean coal technology and mining communities.

- Break up of banks and establishment of a state-owned investment bank.

The evidence for each can be found via:-
http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2013/09/16-labour-party-policies-that-ed.html
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:53 am

A laudable ambition, but we all know how the Right Wing Tories will deride this list as "Borrow and spend", or "writing cheques the Treasury can't cash".

On the single topic of Housing, we know that Developers like to maintain an artificial shortage, because it makes for firm prices.  

We know that Rent Controls will make Landlords invest somewhere else, so Local Authority housing will become the only option for desperate home-seekers.

Thirdly we know that the availability (or otherwise) of Mortgages can create boom-and-bust in the housing market, so Lenders must be made to conform to Government guidelines if there is to be a level playing-field.  That has never been accomplished yet, and our Too big to fail Bankers are beginning to eye sub-prime lending again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/labours-plan-to-eject-squatters-wont-fix-britains-broken-housing-system-8817978.html#commentReference

Last edited by oftenwrong on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 am

Ivan I hope that Ed repeats them at conference that way the most of the UK will hear them not just us on this forum, as I think he needs to be heard by everybody in the UK but the Labour MPs have got to do there bit too and support Ed making sure his message is heard the length and breath of Britain.  I have a selfish reason for this I am worried about the Scottish referendum next year. People that do not want to vote Yes but could be pushed into it with the Yellow and blue Tory gov't as things in Scotland are just as bad as down south, of course Salmond and the SNP gov't here in Scotlands Parliament are blaming everything here in Scotland on the gov't down south, but if they hear that Ed will do his best by the entire UK if he gets voted back into power in 2015 that will help no end.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:11 pm

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Thanks for the link OW but Cameron seems to have forgot we all have very long MEMORIES and he cannot delete them.:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:53 am

16 Labour Party policies which Ed Miliband supports

- Repeal of the NHS Act.

- Commitment to build 400,000+ homes.

- Private rent regulation.

- Living wage for public sector workers and shame private sector into following suit.

- A minimum 33-40% cut in tuition fees.

- Rail price regulation limiting fare increases to 1%.

- 50p top rate of income tax.

- Mansion tax.

- Repeat the bankers’ bonus tax.

- Repeal of bedroom tax.

- Scrap ‘Workfare’ and replace it with compulsory jobs guarantee.

- Either a VAT cut or a temporary VAT ‘holiday’.

- No more free schools.

- Scrap Ofgem and introduce proper energy price regulation.

- Support for clean coal technology and mining communities.

- Break up of banks and establishment of a state-owned investment bank.
POST DELETED AS LIBELLOUS AN UNTRUE

Regards Blue....the moderator for truth on Cutting edge

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:31 am

Labour aren't promising to overturn the vicious sanction regime I say, and Rachel Reeves has promised to be tougher than the tories.

No guarantee of an increase in the NMW so people in 21st century britain don't need foodbanks.

No mention of repealing the broken WCA and of tearing up the ATOS contract.

No plan to renationalise the utilities, the mail, trains, buses, etc.

ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatori Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:33 am

ghost whistler wrote:Labour aren't promising to overturn the vicious sanction regime I say, and Rachel Reeves has promised to be tougher than the tories.

No guarantee of an increase in the NMW so people in 21st century britain don't need foodbanks.

No mention of repealing the broken WCA and of tearing up the ATOS contract.

No plan to renationalise the utilities, the mail, trains, buses, etc.

Ed Miliband lays down living wage challenge

TO be fair they do appear to be looking slowly to the living wage but why not make the minimum wage a living wage I wonder?

Bellatori
Banned

http://www.bellatori.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Bellatori wrote:
Ed Miliband lays down living wage challenge

TO be fair they do appear to be looking slowly to the living wage but why not make the minimum wage a living wage I wonder?

The reason could be they know that getting the big FATCATS to pay the living wage is going to be a JOB & A HALF   Not unless they bring in a law to force them to do so, plus GW there is another 18 months to go before the general election and do you really think the Tories will have left any money for the Labour party to buy back all the public sector utilities that the past and present Tories have sold off to their donors and friends of the Tory party ??
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatori Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Redflag wrote:...Not unless they bring in a law to force them to do so...
I totally agree. There has to be legislation. Allow a lead in time of say 3 years BUT make it compulsory. Shame them into doing it? Fat chance. For these people IDS is a hero.

Bellatori
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Well obviously. There is a humanitarian attitude towards the needy which allows the wealthy to feel good about helping their fellow man.

What's the problem?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Bellatori wrote:I totally agree. There has to be legislation. Allow a lead in time of say 3 years BUT make it compulsory. Shame them into doing it? Fat chance. For these people IDS is a hero.

That is the route that Ed Miliband does not want to go down, when Tony Blair brought in the minimum wage most of the companies did it willingly and that is what Ed wants to do with the living wage otherwise he will have a lot of disgruntled business men bellatori.   It would also make for good relationships between employer & employee, yes some business bosses would need a bit of pressure put on them like the ones that do not mind making their profits here in the UK but do not like paying their taxes to the UK treasury which is quite a lot of Tory donors.:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Did anyone see this:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-lord-james-blackheath-wants-2814187
Laughing
On a less amusing note, this comes at a time when it's being reported that more sex offenders than ever are being let off with cautions. Good to see the Tories in the House of Lords have their priorities right.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:00 am

Dan Fante wrote:Did anyone see this:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-lord-james-blackheath-wants-2814187
Laughing
On a less amusing note, this comes at a time when it's being reported that more sex offenders than ever are being let off with cautions. Good to see the Tories in the House of Lords have their priorities right.
I would not be surprised if there was quite a few of them sitting in the House of Lords Dan Fante.:yeahthat: 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 am

He was interviewed on 5Live last night. He reckons it's a common occurrence at sporting events. Really? It must be a rugby thing.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 am

I'm a bit worried that a youth justice officer is demanding a custodial sentence for what amounts to a silly prank - where DID she get her training?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:35 am

If it was a bunch of football fans I wonder if the coppers would've laughed it off. Not that I think any serious action was justified.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Nick Harvey clearly thinks that there is an alternative to this government:-

Lib Dem MP says Labour has "already won" - here's why he's probably right

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/11/lib-dem-mp-says-labour-has-already-won-heres-why-hes-probably-right
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatori Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Lib Dem MP says Labour has "already won"

Is that not exactly what I pointed out the other day. Even if those voting Labour are a much smaller proportion of the LibDem defectors (and I do doubt that any notable amount will defect to the Tories) between that and the UKIP effect, it should be a shoe in for Labour so long as Steady Eddie does nothing foolish like the triumphalist exhibitionism that cost Kinnock an election.

Bellatori
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 am

The ones most likely to defect will be the Lib-Dem MPs hoping to get a safe Tory seat, I do not have to name them as I think they are obvious like a sore thumb sticking out by a mile, I think the Labour party will approach the general election just as they have been doing talking to the voters of the UK pointing out that there is a BETTER way of gov't while still getting the deficit down but where it is FAIR FOR ALL not just for the Elite few.:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:34 pm

I do love that attempted 'tough' pose from Weedy Gove, the fourth form sneak and prime candidate, if ever I saw one, for a debagging in a quiet corner of the school quad, followed by an unfortunate accident during rugger.

Alas! unless Ed gets his finger out and starts to convince Joe Public that he is at least a satisfactory alternative, we shall all be in for another dose of the duplicitous desperadoes shown on the poster above...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 pm

I do hope PH that you have got this one very wrong, otherwise the people of the UK are in for some real Charles Dickens novels times along with the Workhouses & debtors prisons, which will mean OUR NHS and Welfare will be sold off to friends and donors of the Tory party, with an offer to the majority of the UK from the private health Insurance companies with cost that none but the boys of the Bullingdon club will be able to afford.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 6 6265489314a7631944012l

HMP Bullingdon

(Just the place for you-know-who, eh?)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:41 am

Good idea OW but do you think it would hold the entire Tory party and their friends, energy bosses and the bankers, or would we have to build them something bigger ??
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Britain's ten poorest areas face biggest council cuts - as rich Tory authorities get budget rises

From an article by Jason Beattie:-

Deprived boroughs in Liverpool, London, Manchester and Middlesbrough will lose ten times more from the government than the ten richest. These local authorities will have their budgets slashed by an average 16.9% during this parliament, but Tory-controlled councils will lose just 6.6% and Lib Dem councils 7.8%. The reason lies in funding formulas used by the Tory-led government which hits Labour-held areas hardest.

Liverpool will lose 27.1% in funding from 2010-15, Hackney 27%, Manchester City Council 26%, Middlesbrough 24% and Birmingham 23.3%. But Tory-run Wokingham, one of the richest areas in England, will get a 1.1% rise and Michael Gove’s council of Surrey Heath will receive a 0.9% increase in funding. Chris Grayling’s local council, Epsom and Ewell, will enjoy a 3% increase, Jeremy Hunt’s Waverley council is getting a 1.3% rise and Philip Hammond’s Runnymede 0.6%.

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 6 _70179369_70179364

Shadow communities secretary Hilary Benn said: “These figures are shocking. They show the direct impact of David Cameron and Eric Pickles’ unfair policies. The government claims that those with the broadest shoulders must bear the biggest burden, but they are doing the exact opposite and hitting the poorest communities hardest.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/council-cuts-britains-ten-poorest-3091450#.UurQKvtpGQh
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:02 am

Phil Hornby wrote:I do love that attempted 'tough' pose from Weedy Gove, the fourth form sneak and prime candidate, if ever I saw one, for a debagging in a quiet corner of the school quad, followed by an unfortunate accident during rugger.

Alas! unless Ed gets his finger out and starts to convince Joe Public that he is at least a satisfactory alternative, we shall all be in for another dose of the duplicitous desperadoes shown on the poster above...

If the Scots get a sniff that England will vote another Tory gov't into power in 2015, I will say bye bye to my friends & Family in England because the Scots will vote YES in the upcoming referendum on 18th September and that would be the WRONG way of weighing up the best way to proceed in regards to Independence. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:22 am

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:03 pm

lol! 
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:26 pm

I hope then in 2015 when the Labour party are in power, we the people of the UK seek these BACKSTUDS out and put them before our courts with a jury of people that where forced to move home and those forced to pay the Bedroom tax, and see what they have to say and face the people that they left destitute.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Put them before the courts?! 

Too much bureaucracy . They must go straight to the gallows , with the exception of Gove who, firstly, must write a thousand lines saying : " I am a weedy little creep and must not try and act tough" before being impaled upon a red-hot spike and disembowelled by a selected member of the National Union of Teachers...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Put them before the courts?! 

Too much bureaucracy . They must go straight to the gallows , with the exception of Gove who, firstly, must write a thousand lines saying : " I am a weedy little creep and must not try and act tough" before being impaled upon a red-hot spike and disembowelled by a selected member of the National Union of Teachers...

Why not just stuff him down the shitter as Nature intended?
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Why, of course, Penderyn. If only I had your practical mind...!     Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Prior to kissing Madame La Guillotine, French aristos in the 18th.C were driven around Paris in open carts to receive the compliments of The People they had so mis-served.

Much more satisfying than a short and brutish termination, surely?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Oh, the agony of choice!

Ok, I'm convinced - slow and painful it is.

Could I request that something sharp is part of the deal...?      Twisted Evil
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:38 pm

OW & PH you both have great ideas and any one of them would suit me fine, but do agree with OW they should be driven around in open carts so that the majority of the UK can tell them exactly what they think so when they go down to meet "OLD NICK"  lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:15 pm

This is Australia, six months after they elected a right-wing government led by that moron Tony ("suppository of all wisdom") Abbott. Does it sound familiar? Will people ever learn?  headbang 

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 6 BhoMb_jCYAEzF5b
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhoMb_jCYAEzF5b.jpg
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 6 _h353_w628_m6_ofalse_lfalse(msn)

" ...and up there is where I hang any servants who we discover have voted Labour..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Are we approaching interesting times, even exciting times ?, with the countdown underway to the European elections and the inevitable post mortem on the results which will ensue, will a real bitter in-fight break out in the Tory party. ?

If the results do turn out to be bad, or even disasterous for the Tories, will many sitting MPs begin to fear for their survival in a years time, with Labour currently 5 to 6 points ahead and UKIP breathing down Camerons neck, will there be a challenge on Cameron before its all too late - an attempted coup to move the Tories further right and more Eurosceptic.

Well lets hope so
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next