Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Tory scum, here we come"

+16
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Bellatori
Dan Fante
Mel
tlttf
blueturando
Phil Hornby
bobby
ghost whistler
sickchip
LWS
oftenwrong
Penderyn
boatlady
Ivan
Redflag
20 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

"Tory scum, here we come" - Page 2 Empty "Tory scum, here we come"

Post by Redflag Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:01 am

First topic message reminder :

I was at the DEMO in Manchester 29th September, my thread title was the chant from around 80,000 people, 40,000 inside the park and 40,000 OUTSIDE. We were kettled so we could not get into the park. IMHO the police were on instructions from the Tory gov't so people would not see 'THE TIDE TURNNG' against this VILE NASTY gov't.   People came from Aberdeen to Somerset and everywhere else in between and we were WELCOMED by the people who live in Manchester and some even joined in the march. There were BANNERS flying high from every Union within the UK; one which really caught my eye was from the N.U.S. from HALLAM SHEFFIELD, Cleggy's seat. (Just in case some on here may not know what NUS stands for it's 'National Union of Students'.)  It's been three & a half years and they have not forgot what the Prostitute party did to them with their signed photo pledge.

I myself want to thank the Unite Union here in Glasgow, Jack, Angela, Jackie, Sandra and everyone else on the coach from John Smith House to Manchester, this was my first DEMO and there are plenty more to come. I hear there is one in October and I will be there by hook or by crook because it gave me hope that at last the people in the UK 'HAVE AWAKENED FROM THEIR SLEEP'. There are some posters on here who have thought "would they wake in time?" My answer is a very loud "YES they have". They may have stopped us from getting into the park but we did not miss the Tories outside their conference. They heard us and we made sure with loud hailers, Brass Bands. whistles, rattles and of course our VOICES. They heard us FINE and no doubt Cameron will be worried today, but that is no one else's fault but ours. We were quiet for too long, so I am wondering if there will be more TOILET PAPER used today at their conference??:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

"Tory scum, here we come" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Tory scum, here we come"

Post by Redflag Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:59 pm

sickchip wrote:
What we really need is a general strike for at least two weeks. No need to march, protest, or picket - those things would only present government something tangible to tackle with police and manipulate with press images. Simply stay at home and go about daily business.....shopping, etc.

A general strike such as this would frighten the government more than any (kettled) march/protest ever could.
I am with you on this one sickchip, every word you have said makes sense but will the rest of the UK or others on this forum, by not protestingon the streets Cameron would not have anything for his storm troopers to do.

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:38 am

"Tory scum, here we come" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQDiZmnh3uua2c3n8kq9u2sxt4KUu0qUUReB9XYzbvaNra6BykowQ4jku7
" I don't worry about the poor , Nick old chap - the only thing I can't afford is a conscience..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:05 am

The people of the UK know that Cameron has not got a conscience in fact most think he is HEARTLESS BRAINLESS VILE NASTY poor excuse for a human being, and Cleggy is no better but I hope they're both ready for the voters showing them just how nasty we can be when it comes to the BALLOT BOX in May 2015, or sooner if most of the UK gets its way.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:06 pm

That may be so Redflag, but if you think Ed Miliband would be any different then you're living in a dream land. I know you and Ivan are brainwashed to a certain degree and if Miliband does become PM and goes back on all the promises currently being thrown around, I am sure you will both have excuses for him and Labour.....It goes with the territory and past history

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:27 pm

What "promises" do you think have been "thrown around" by Ed Miliband, blueturando?

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:29 pm

blueturando wrote:That may be so Redflag, but if you think Ed Miliband would be any different then you're living in a dream land. I know you and Ivan are brainwashed to a certain degree and if Miliband does become PM and goes back on all the promises currently being thrown around, I am sure you will both have excuses for him and Labour.....It goes with the territory and past history

So why do you and  your ILK call him RED ED if he is going to behave the same way as that VILE NASTY TURD Cameron, you can not have it both ways blue, its not just Ivan and myself on this forum that believe in the Labour party or is it that you do not read other posts, or perhaps trying to tell us we are the only Labour party voters but that is a LIE to start with, on the 29th Sept I was in Manchester with around 80,000 people from right across the UK that was  because of the Tories privatizing OUR NHS.

If you take a look at the people that this gov't have turned against this Tory gov't eg NHS staff Armed Forces Fire Brigades Police public sector workers sick disabled and the vulnerable coastguards, and then you come to the people who have been forced to pay the bedroom tax even though they are on low pay and not a smaller house for them to move to, then you have the normal Tory voters they are not well pleased with HS2 bringing the price of their home down and in some cases they will lose not just their homes but their businesses also, so they will not get a lot of votes, and then there are the Unions, oh that dirty word to a posh Tory boy like yourself blue.deadhorse
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:22 pm

I think anyone with a functioning brain probably understands that a Labour government, if one is elected, will have its work cut out.

The current administration's asset stripping has left us worse off in terms of social capital, although the top 1% are doing very nicely thank you, and even poor younger pensioners such as myself are not too badly as yet. Fortunately, I don't yet need much from the NHS - god help me when I do.

I think any Labour promises do need to focus on the needs of young people and working class families - anyone really who lives in rented accomodation and lives on their earnings, or anyone entering adult life without a significant financial cushion in the shape of a trust fund and/or the bank of mum and dad.

We desperately need a safety net for those in society who don't have 'money behind them', who haven't succeeded educationally, or who have not managed to find gainful employment in what is a very nasty and competitive employment market or are trying to raise the next generation on very limited income.

We need to understand that society needs street sweepers and care assistants at least as much as it needs managing directors, bankers, solicitors, estate agents - that social mobility for kids from poorer families is often through employment in the public sector, in jobs such as teaching, social work, the civil service etc.

I believe a majority of people in England want renationalisation of essential services - we've had the fragmented water, electricity, and rail services and people are noticing you pay more and get less. Labour 'promises' that indicate a willingness to look at ways of getting essential services back into public ownership will probably be vote getters, but perhaps the reality of achieving such an outcome is quite complex, and I would expect Ed Milliband to be cautious on these topics.

So far, the Labour Party seems the only game in town for anyone who thinks the current administration is doing harm - and so far I'm not really too unhappy with what they've come out with in the way of promises.
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 pm

It depends if the will is there from the labour to start stripping the wealth from those that have profitted from or stolen it.

Whether promising such things will get them elected is another matter. But we need the NHS renationalised and the bankers hit hard.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Many of the privatisation shares that where sold of at bargain basement prices have since been sold on for a good profit as the original shares where grossly under priced. Large amounts of those shares are now owned by large corporations, pension funds and overseas companies.
The problem is now, how do we legally purchase back at the going rate the many shares it would take to re-nationalise the companies, especially given that loads of them are now owned by the French Government, and they may not want to relinquish their Cash Cow. We can't simply take them back as that would be illegal, we can't demand them back as they are now the legal property of the current share holders. The cost of getting the shares back by legal means makes the far to expensive to even contemplate at present.
The way I see forward is for the Labour Government to start new industry and giving adequate help like Tax concessions at start up.
The new Nationalised companies can  go into  direct competition with the privatised company's. As the New nationalised company's grow it will be at the expense of the Private sector eventually rendering their ill gotten shares worthless, we end up with nationalised industries and the greedy fat cats get the kick up the bollocks they so justly deserve.
Anyone thinking there is going to be a quick fix is living in cloud cuckoo land. 
Those of the left are demanding something they can't yet have and will in turn blame Ed Miliband or whoever for that. They are almost pushing Ed Miliband into making unachievable goals to get elected and if he doesn't make some such promises we could end up with yet another Tory/Lib-Dem Coalition.  
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:25 pm

I know you and Ivan are brainwashed to a certain degree and if Miliband does become PM and goes back on all the promises currently being thrown around, I am sure you will both have excuses for him and Labour.

blueturando. Trolling again, are you? What a clever chappie you must be, to know what Redflag and I might be saying and doing at some point in the future. Rolling Eyes 

Don’t judge Ed Miliband by the serial liar who currently occupies 10 Downing Street. As Pollly Toynbee put it: “No one ever rode to power on such a husky sledge of blatant untruth as David Cameron – greenest, most family-friendly, kindest to poor and disabled children and no frontline cuts”, adding “Ed Miliband's strength is his authenticity and honesty”. Ed has stood up to Murdoch, the energy companies and now ‘The Daily Mail’. At the same time, Cameron has been standing up to the poor, the sick, the disabled and badgers, while standing up for bankers and their grossly excessive bonuses.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jun/27/ed-balls-prudent-full-throttle-fury

No doubt you think Redflag and I are “brainwashed” because we don’t swallow hook, line and sinker all the lies, half-truths and wild exaggerations that appear in ‘The Daily Mail’ or emanate from the orifice known as Tory Central Office. We’re “brainwashed” because we can see what ‘disaster capitalism’ has done to the world since its invention by Milton Friedman. We’re “brainwashed” because we don’t believe that Gove has the best interests of education at heart when he diverts funds to free schools which are run by Tory donors and often staffed by unqualified teachers, while trying to blame Labour for a shortage of school places for five-year-olds (what’s he been doing for the last three and a half years?). No, Nye Bevan identified who was being “brainwashed” when he asked: “How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? That's the whole art of Tory politics.”
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:20 am

Bobby - couldn't have said it better myself.

I firmly believe politics needs to be a long game, but the pressures imposed by democracy often force politicians into trying to provide a 'quick fix' for what are usually quite complex problems.

Talk of 'stripping the wealth away' from the top 1% is emotionally satisfying but actually to my way of thinking just echoes the Tory 'skiver' rhetoric.

The problem with the body politic is not with the behaviour of individuals and political parties need to address the structures of our society rather than demonising any one sector. After all, everyone is capable of greed, lack of empathy and inconsiderate behaviour - the trick would be to formulate rules and laws which make such behaviour less profitable and therefore less common.
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:07 am

Hello, just got back from holiday and had a great time, great post bobby, there is no quick fix. The present bunch of public ponces (coalition) are simply carrying over from the previous bunch (labour), neither give a damn about the working person struggling along and the public will get exactly the same from either though dressed up slightly differently. I don't believe nationalizing works as the less governments get involved in enterprise the better (look at the mess they make of everything they touch). Perhaps allowing more co-op type enterprises to form would be a better place to start. The one thing that they could control is the wages paid to ceo's of public companies (sickchip puts his point over pretty well) and differentiate between the highest and lowest paid, mix that in with no government wage subsidy and force the companies to pay a living wage would help equalise the system (no cheap oversea labour allowed). Get the teachers to teach (apparently it's worse than everybody thought). There's so many things that link together I don't see a simple answer and unfortunately as politicians only plan for 5 years presently a major overhaul is overdue.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:14 pm

blueturando. Trolling again, are you?
Ivan....It was gives me a smile when you throw out phrases like, Troll, Little Englander, Racist, Fascist...because then I know I have won the argument and this is all you have left.

Thanks Ivan Smile

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:25 pm

blueturando. LOL. You haven't even engaged with the argument, completely ignoring the comments I made (supported by a source) about Ed Miliband and "brainwashing". If you think you've ever won an argument on this forum, feel free to carry on deluding yourself, but please note that messages which are just personal attacks and make no reference to the thread subject are liable to deletion. Thank you.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm

The difference is Ivan is that I am more than happy to critisise the Tories where I think they are wrong, where as some people refuse to see or believe that Labour make any mistakes or are responsible for anything that goes wrong (which is fine because that will help in your defeat at the next election).

No offence, but if Polly Toyn...whatsit told me the sun was shining, I wouldn't believe her. She has an agenda, as much as the Daily Fail does.

I would prefer your opinions and arguments, rather than those concocted for ideological newspapers

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:00 pm

blueturando wrote:No offence, but if Polly Toyn...whatsit told me the sun was shining, I wouldn't believe her. She has an agenda, as much as the Daily Fail does.

The difference is that the Daily Mail supported Hitler and Moseley, whereas Polly Toynbee supported Shirley Williams and the other SD ego-trippers.  In terms of serious politics here I think the latter was the greater fault, opening the way for yet more reactionary ranting and poor-bullying.   But why, for goodness sake, should we waste our time trying to score off the various tory parties?  Why not discuss things the British people actually want, like the renationalisation of the railways and the power companies, or the end of senseless imperialist wars?

Last edited by Penderyn on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:25 pm

blueturando. If you paid attention, you’d know for a start that I’ve criticised Labour over the Iraq war (which I opposed), for not building enough houses and even today for not scrapping school league tables. If you don’t know what my opinions are after I’ve posted over 2,800 messages, I guess you never will.

I happen to believe that opinions have more credence if they’re supported by facts and the opinions of others. I’ve been happy to quote the observations of Douglas Carswell, whose views I detest, and even Fraser Nelson, because sometimes even our opponents tell the truth. You can hardly deny that Polly Toynbee is right in saying that Cameron rode to power on a chariot of lies – “no frontline cuts”, “no top-down re-organisation of the NHS”, “no cuts to Sure Start” etc. Your attitude to her (and previously Owen Jones) just displays your bigotry.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Why not discuss things the British people actually want, like the renationalisation of the railways and the power companies, or the end of senseless imperialist wars?.
More than happy to discuss both Penderyn. Oversees unwinable wars are pointless, so I am sure will agree there.

Renationalisation...if possible should only be considered if in the best interests of the country and more importantly the people. British Rail were on the whole disasterous. Dirty, late or cancelled trains and heavily subsidised by the tax payer. So why would we go back to that? I know the present system is not much better, but if you are going to change something surely it's because you want a cleaner, more reliable, cheaper and better run service?

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:43 pm

What is 'the country'?   The people who live in it were much better off with British Rail, and had to pay less:   selling it off has been a disaster.    I have spend many a drunken hour waiting in station bars for Virgin trains that didn't come, as have others.   If we had subsidised British Rail to anything like the extent we are giving to the profiteers, we'd have had the best system in the world.
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:54 pm

[quote="blueturando"]
Why not discuss things the British people actually want....
British Rail were on the whole disasterous. Dirty, late or cancelled trains and heavily subsidised by the tax payer....
Is there a case for supporting essential services with public money, obtained by a tax system fair to everyone? The alternative is to allow the profit motive to furnish only those services which produce a dividend.

Obviously any Culture requires warmth, food, clothing and shelter simply for survival, but running a close second are healthcare, education, transport infrastructure and a financial safety-net for the less fortunate. It's called civilisation, and should be unarguable.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:40 pm

" I have spend many a drunken hour waiting in station bars ..."

I do admire a man with a hobby...      Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Does the curly British Rail sandwich still exist outside folk memory?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Private good, public bad” is the standard patter of the Tories. Before they sell off each piece of the family silver, they like to run it down so they can argue that it would be more efficient and profitable in private hands. The railways are now subsidised by £6 billion a year, three times as much as they received twenty years ago, when they were still publicly owned.

Isn’t there something seriously wrong when private rail companies are being subsidised by taxpayers and then making profits and presumably paying dividends to shareholders? But what do the Tories care? I’ve no doubt their corrupt party received plenty of donations when they sold off the railways, one of the last acts of John Major’s sleazy and incompetent government. A survey last year suggested that 70% of people would like to see the railways renationalised.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:31 am

Ivan wrote:Private good, public bad” is the standard patter of the Tories. Before they sell off each piece of the family silver, they like to run it down so they can argue that it would be more efficient and profitable in private hands. The railways are now subsidised by £6 billion a year, three times as much as they received twenty years ago, when they were still publicly owned.

Isn’t there something seriously wrong when private rail companies are being subsidised by taxpayers and then making profits and presumably paying dividends to shareholders? But what do the Tories care? I’ve no doubt their corrupt party received plenty of donations when they sold off the railways, one of the last acts of John Major’s sleazy and incompetent government. A survey last year suggested that 70% of people would like to see the railways renationalised.
I think Ivan the majority of the peple in the UK would like to see more than the railways Re-Nationalized, if Ed came out and said it his ratings would go through the roof to the extent May 2015 Ed would do better than Tony Blair did in 1997, what do you think Ivan ?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:49 am

Ivan wrote:
I know you and Ivan are brainwashed to a certain degree and if Miliband does become PM and goes back on all the promises currently being thrown around, I am sure you will both have excuses for him and Labour.

blueturando. Trolling again, are you? What a clever chappie you must be, to know what Redflag and I might be saying and doing at some point in the future. Rolling Eyes 

Don’t judge Ed Miliband by the serial liar who currently occupies 10 Downing Street. As Pollly Toynbee put it: “No one ever rode to power on such a husky sledge of blatant untruth as David Cameron – greenest, most family-friendly, kindest to poor and disabled children and no frontline cuts”, adding “Ed Miliband's strength is his authenticity and honesty”. Ed has stood up to Murdoch, the energy companies and now ‘The Daily Mail’. At the same time, Cameron has been standing up to the poor, the sick, the disabled and badgers, while standing up for bankers and their grossly excessive bonuses.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jun/27/ed-balls-prudent-full-throttle-fury

No doubt you think Redflag and I are “brainwashed” because we don’t swallow hook, line and sinker all the lies, half-truths and wild exaggerations that appear in ‘The Daily Mail’ or emanate from the orifice known as Tory Central Office. We’re “brainwashed” because we can see what ‘disaster capitalism’ has done to the world since its invention by Milton Friedman. We’re “brainwashed” because we don’t believe that Gove has the best interests of education at heart when he diverts funds to free schools which are run by Tory donors and often staffed by unqualified teachers, while trying to blame Labour for a shortage of school places for five-year-olds (what’s he been doing for the last three and a half years?). No, Nye Bevan identified who was being “brainwashed” when he asked: “How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? That's the whole art of Tory politics.”
Ivan blue is not trolling he is just repeating the Tory DOGMA & IDEOLOGY that he has been fed for Breakfast Lunch and Supper since he was in his cradle with the help of his NANNY, just like the rest of the shower IMBICILES

They already know that they will not win in May 2015 and are becoming DESPERATE that is why the Daily Fail tried to have a go at Ed and discredit him in the eyes of the public, and then SHOT THEMSELVES in the FOOT, all it did was show the people of the UK how much we need an Independent authority for these NASTY VILE PRESS barons as they think they are above the law.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:59 am

The way it's looking Red, that "independent authority" will be run by the government. Surely nobody in their right mind wants more government control?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:11 am

tlttf. So you would rather all control rested with Murdoch, Dacre, the Barclay brothers and a small handful of other press moguls, would you? How very democratic! We don't have a free press, we have a bought press; Murdoch 'bought' Cameron, just as he has bought Tony Abbott in Australia. If you think that's okay, I'd suggest it's you who "isn't in their right mind".
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:12 am

tlttf wrote:The way it's looking Red, that "independent authority" will be run by the government. Surely nobody in their right mind wants more government control?
Why can you lot not get it through your THICK SKULLS its the USELESS IPPC that is getting replaced so when the press think about doing what they did to the Watsons, Dowlers McCanns and the phone hacking not forgetting the PC hacking it will make them think twice before doing it, they will need to prove it was in the UKs best interest for there snooping not just in their own interest of selling papers to boost there POCKET BOOKS :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Actually there are presently enough laws available to prosecute papers for defamation and giving false information. The problem (like most) is nobody in a position to do so will prosecute or they make it so expensive for an individual to take the case on themselves that they can't afford to do so, perhaps that's where the help is needed?

Last edited by tlttf on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelling, deformation instead of defamation)

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Please!!! I'm not a member of the spelling Nazi's, but the word is DEFAMATION
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:02 pm

My apologies boatlady, I should have proof read first, however I'd probably be the first here to do so.Very Happy 

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Such a harsh judgement!  This is no time to seek to have our chum landy setting out on the inconvenient road of accuracy, given that it has never seemed to top his list of priorities to date...    Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Ivan wrote "The railways are now subsidised by £6 billion a year, three times as much as they received twenty years ago, when they were still publicly owned.

Isn’t there something seriously wrong when private rail companies are being subsidised by taxpayers and then making profits and presumably paying dividends to shareholders?"

Absolute nail on the head there Ivan. There is something seriously wrong with that situation. However, the Tories know it and encourage it, after all profit by any means is their god.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:43 pm

tlttf wrote:Actually there are presently enough laws available to prosecute papers for defamation and giving false information. The problem (like most) is nobody in a position to do so will prosecute or they make it so expensive for an individual to take the case on themselves that they can't afford to do so, perhaps that's where the help is needed?

How could the Dowlers or the Watsons or McCanns afford to take the press to court thanks to your shower of IMBICILES they have removed Legal Aid, we do not all get our salaries paid into off shore accounts (more's the pity) but with the charges that Lawyers along with Barristers want how could anyone on minimum to average wage afford it so go back to the drawing board tittf and think up another Tory LIE.:yeahthat: 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Mel wrote:Ivan wrote "The railways are now subsidised by £6 billion a year, three times as much as they received twenty years ago, when they were still publicly owned.

Isn’t there something seriously wrong when private rail companies are being subsidised by taxpayers and then making profits and presumably paying dividends to shareholders?"

Absolute nail on the head there Ivan. There is something seriously wrong with that situation. However, the Tories know it and encourage it, after all profit by any means is their god.
It was always known to Major's government that nobody would buy British Rail without a substantial sweetener, in the form of a subsidy that would enable dividends to be paid.  Hence the simultaneous creation of an intermediate (public-financed) company to provide tracks on which to run the privatised trains.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 am

Red do you want to read my post first before you make any more assumptions?

they make it so expensive for an individual to take the case on themselves that they can't afford to do so, perhaps that's where the help is needed

No apology required.headbang 

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:48 am

Mel wrote:Ivan wrote "The railways are now subsidised by £6 billion a year, three times as much as they received twenty years ago, when they were still publicly owned.

It is the same with all the public Utilities Mel they want them in the private sector but still want money from the tax payer in subsidies but the profits go to their shareholders, nice one if you can get it EH, this is something that Ed Miliband is going to have to look into if they want them in the private sector LET THE PRIVATE SECTOR TAKE THE ROUGH WITH THE SMOOTH or just hand it back to the people it belongs too US the citizens of the UK.:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:21 am

Speaking personally, I'm rather shocked to learn that, so many years into rail privatisation, the private companies are not yet financially viable and need that level of government subsidy.

Perhaps the government should be buying them out as it did the banks?

If they can't manage to run an affordable and fit-for-purpose service without subsidy, isn't that the definition of a concern that should be in the public domain?

stirpot 

Answers on a postcard - try to be polite, please
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:49 pm

tlttf wrote:Red do you want to read my post first before you make any more assumptions?

they make it so expensive for an individual to take the case on themselves that they can't afford to do so, perhaps that's where the help is needed

No apology required.headbang 

Ok but you weren't getting an apology anyway... Be serious tlttf even if just for a second, do you really think that would have been permitted that any of the aforementioned families would have been able to go after the tories beloved R Murdoch.... COME ON  I know you lack just about any integrity but I thought you would have seen through that 1...GUESS NOT!

When you have the likes of Dacre, sitting on the PCC what realistically would he be in favour of for a fellow collegue to be chastised for their unethical behaviour, when he would know that the same thing could happen to him?  Thanks to the tory party taking away legal aid, the press are left with a free for all on anyone they think should be exploited all in the name of a "STORY".  I wonder how Mr. Cameron & Co. will take it when another tory scandal comes about and their dirty laundry is paraded endlessly through the front pages of some bottom feeding scandal rag... :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:" I have spend many a drunken hour waiting in station bars ..."

I do admire a man with a hobby...      Very Happy
Not my bloody hobby - mere bored desperation with the normal total flop that is capitalism.
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Deleted. Yet another post with no relevance to the thread which should have been sent by PM.
Ivan.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next