Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tory problem with females?

+11
Red Cat Woman
Redflag
Stox 16
jackthelad
astra
Phil Hornby
Ivan
witchfinder
oftenwrong
tlttf
astradt1
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tory problem with females? Empty Tory problem with females?

Post by astradt1 Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:46 pm

Last week the media reported that Camoron seemed to be losing support of female voters and gave examples of why this was so, citing his comment of 'Calm Down' to a female member of the Labour front bench and his 'I know the Lady is frustrated' to one of his own MP's. He was accused of being condicending towards women. Added to this is the effects his government policies are have on women......

Today in PMQ's he was asked about what the government was doing to help women and ended up pointing out the amount of money they were sending to help women overseas...

From this aftenoons debate on the Environment, it would seem that it's not just Camoron who seems to have an attitude towards women as Richard Benyon referred to a member of the opposition as 'Young Lady' rather than the more respectful 'Honorable Member Opposite'

Last edited by astradt1 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Tory problem with females? Empty Re: Tory problem with females?

Post by tlttf Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:22 pm

I opened this discussion expecting to read something about wooden horses astradt1

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:25 pm

I opened this discussion expecting to read something about wooden horses astradt1

OOPS!!!!!!

Embarassed
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Nice one! Very Happy

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Helen has much to answewr for.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Well the problem is they are Conservatives, and though things have got better in the Tory party, there are still plenty of sexists, homophobes, bigots and racists amongst them.

They still cannot get rid of the image of the rosy cheeked retired colonel who follows the local hunt and believes that single mothers should be flogged.
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:33 pm

witchfinder wrote:-
"the rosy cheeked retired colonel who follows the local hunt and believes that single mothers should be flogged"
LOL. I didn't realise that that applied everywhere, I thought it was just in Pease Pottage.
Shocked
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Droit du seigneur persists in the least likely places
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Tory problem with females? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY1I8rpZcN8Zg7gEbJz9Q8bSfPI5znazQjdWce3LbsVhZb-FIGdg(harebell.wordpress.com)

"I salute the stout fellows of Pease Pottage who know the value of a Conservative Club which ensures that women are only allowed in when the dust is causing outbreaks of sneezing and washing-up has reached otherwise unmanageable proportions..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:41 am

It goes without saying that the Tories have a problem with females. David Willetts has stated several times that the rise in the social status of women has contributed to the problems of working men; he says that “feminism has trumped egalitarianism”.

However, the Tories also have a problem with council tenants, who they don’t want to have homes for life. They have a problem with young people, who they don’t want to go to university, and by raising the retirement age, they reduce their chances of getting a job. They have a problem with old people, who are having their winter fuel payments reduced by 20% (another broken election promise). They have a problem with immigrants, a problem with the EU (which they want to be both at the centre of and out of), and a problem with disabled people receiving benefits. They have a problem with people who work, since they don’t want them to have employment rights. In fact, they have a problem with almost everyone, because that’s the cancerous Tory way of thinking.

I did say “almost everyone”. They don’t have a problem with directors averaging 49% pay rises, the Tories want to cut the top rate of tax for them. They don’t have a problem with arrogant and incompetent Old Etonians like Cameron (who helped to stuff things up on ‘Black Wednesday’ and for Carlton TV in his only previous jobs) being parachuted into safe constituencies and accelerated through their party. They don’t even have a problem with private healthcare firms lining up to asset-strip the NHS in return for generous donations to the Tory coffers. Yet in general terms, if there weren’t any problems, the Tories would have to create them, because far from wanting to mend the broken society which Thatcher destroyed, they know they can only thrive on the principle of divide and rule.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Tory problem with females?

TORY problem? General problem more like! Some of us remember when it was unusual to see a female behind the wheel of a car, and now the streets are clogged by enormous tank-like vehicles designed to force a way through the traffic so that mewling infants can be delivered hither and yon.

Next thing you know, they'll want the Vote.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:29 pm

They had to be tough those girls.

I well remember the first Lady bus drivers in my home depot, retrained from conductresses. They took some stick!
(to be noted, that the scrotes who thought the lady driver would be a push over, usually ended up outside the Police Station PDQ!!!) Male drivers just wanted to get finished the duty and let said scrotes have their way! To be said also that the local judiciary did not know where to put themselves. Nicky Fairbairn MP (procurator fiscal) sorted that one out!
In 1990, the Lady Train Drivers came under the same set of instances, consequences were the same for the employers and the judiciary (NO the train did not lumber up to the police station!! The train stood where it was till British Transport ~Police could get away from their tea and doughnuts to attend, BTP did not like the advent of lady train drivers!)

As long as the "Status Quo" is allowed to persist all "in power" seem to be content!

Last edited by astra on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Tory problem with females? Empty Tory problem with females?

Post by jennym42 Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Ivan wrote:It goes without saying that the Tories have a problem with females.  David Willetts has stated several times that the rise in the social status of women has contributed to the problems of working men; he says that “feminism has trumped egalitarianism”.

However, the Tories also have a problem with council tenants, who they don’t want to have homes for life.  They have a problem with young people, who they don’t want to go to university, and by raising the retirement age, they reduce their chances of getting a job.  They have a problem with old people, who are having their winter fuel payments reduced by 20% (another broken election promise).  They have a problem with immigrants, a problem with the EU (which they want to be both at the centre of and out of), and a problem with disabled people receiving benefits.  They have a problem with people who work, since they don’t want them to have employment rights.  In fact, they have a problem with almost everyone, because that’s the cancerous Tory way of thinking.

I did say “almost everyone”.  They don’t have a problem with directors averaging 49% pay rises, the Tories want to cut the top rate of tax for them.  They don’t have a problem with arrogant and incompetent Old Etonians like Cameron (who helped to stuff things up on ‘Black Wednesday’ and for Carlton TV in his only previous jobs) being parachuted into safe constituencies and accelerated through their party.  They don’t even have a problem with private healthcare firms lining up to asset-strip the NHS in return for generous donations to the Tory coffers.  Yet in general terms, if there weren’t any problems, the Tories would have to create them, because far from wanting to mend the broken society which Thatcher destroyed, they know they can only thrive on the principle of divide and rule.
Up north it was the working men's clubs who wouldn't let us in! At least only in the lounge. I know of one club which still bars women.

Last edited by Ivan on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous
jennym42

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Very good post by jennym42

And welcome to the forum
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Up north it was the working men's clubs who wouldn't let us in! At least only in the lounge. I know of one club which still bars women.
Hello Jenny, What is the point of having a club without a BAR. (Just Joking)
Anonymous
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:40 pm

I know of one club which still bars women..

Hello Jenny.

Why would anyone WANT/DESIRE to enter that place?

It probably reeks of Armpits, Sweaty Feet, Halitosis, and Farts! The ONLY change in the last few years is that there is no Cigar or Pipe smoke to mask it all! pale
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Working men's clubs were the last bastion of maleness, where men could be men without watching their P's and Q's. Where they could swear and discuss what they want without being pulled up or contradicted by a woman. Where they could sit and drink without having to give up their seat for a woman. Since they opened their doors for women, the working man's clubs are closing faster than a virgins legs. I suppose the saying is true though, man can't live with women, but can't live without them. Women are certainly an enigma into themselves, i very much doubt mankind will ever understand womenkind. Smile
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:21 pm

There aren't a lot of Working Women's Clubs.

Funny, that.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:46 am

oftenwrong wrote:There aren't a lot of Working Women's Clubs.

Funny, that.

Eventually, most women end up joining the same club, the pudding club. Women will claim they are too busy working and looking after the men in their lives to be able to join a club, i wonder if the WI, (WOMEN'S INSTITUTE) is classed has a club.
There is one club only women are allowed to join, they wear funny uniforms, mostly all black with a bit of white.That's a working womans club, because it appearse they are not allowed to do much else, and work for no pay either, they just work for bed and board. I have often wondered why they call them NUNS, what does nun,or nuns mean.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by jennym42 Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:09 pm

jackthelad wrote:Quote

Working men's clubs were the last bastion of maleness, where men could be men without watching their P's and Q's. Where they could swear and discuss what they want without being pulled up or contradicted by a woman. Where they could sit and drink without having to give up their seat for a woman. Since they opened their doors for women, the working man's clubs are closing faster than a virgins legs. I suppose the saying is true though, man can't live with women, but can't live without them. Women are  certainly an enigma into themselves, i very much doubt mankind will ever understand womenkind. Smile
I believe that it is fairly insalubrious. Of course I wouldn't know!
Anonymous
jennym42

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Police Respond to Complaint
Tory problem with females? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAsPy6HZBELDWCkQ9CMXS-WaLzXrnM-J0NUarZQQa4Dg1qbfslLQ(ecuadortimes.net)

" So, Mrs May, you say you invited in the local Peeping Tom and he declined..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:22 pm

.... evidently lacking the inclination.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:28 am

Phil Hornby wrote:Police Respond to Complaint
Tory problem with females? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAsPy6HZBELDWCkQ9CMXS-WaLzXrnM-J0NUarZQQa4Dg1qbfslLQ(ecuadortimes.net)

Tory problem with females? 31122811

dead funny that Phil
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:01 am

Phil Hornby wrote:Police Respond to Complaint

Any decent peeping Tom would have declined that offer and I can't say I blame him, great post PH and funny too.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:14 pm

The Tory Party has taken woman back to the 1950s as a woman I cannot understand any woman who in there right minds would vote Tory come the next GE. This is a party that is living in the past and only see woman doing part time low paid job.

Red Cat Woman
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:17 pm

jackthelad wrote:

Funny, that.

Eventually, most women end up joining the same club, the pudding club. Women will claim they are too busy working and looking after the men in their lives to be able to join a club, i wonder if the WI, (WOMEN'S INSTITUTE) is classed has a club.
There is one club only women are allowed to join, they wear funny uniforms, mostly all black with a bit of white.That's a working womans club, because it appearse they are not allowed to do much else, and work for no pay either, they just work for bed and board. I have often wondered why they call them NUNS, what does nun,or nuns mean.

What a pile of old rot this is.
Red Cat Woman
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Funny, that.

a real Gentleman at last. well said OW
Red Cat Woman
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Its very noticeable when you look at the type of woman that join the Conservative party, we have of course The almost dead Margaret Thatcher, Ann Widdecomb Mrs Louise (unter) Mensch, Baroness Warsi and Teresa May just to name a few (mind you there’s only ever been a few) If this small list demonstrates the quality of Women drawn to the Conservative party, isn’t it any wonder the Tories have a problem with women.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Anyone who despises Women and The Poor in equal measure can't be ALL bad, surely?.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Very good OW
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Its very noticeable when you look at the type of woman that join the Conservative party, we have of course The almost dead Margaret Thatcher, Ann Widdecomb Mrs Louise (unter) Mensch, Baroness Warsi and Teresa May just to name a few (mind you there’s only ever been a few) If this small list demonstrates the quality of Women drawn to the Conservative party, isn’t it any wonder the Tories have a problem with women..

Hmmm lets look at the opposition, Im sure they have a lovely bunch of ladies? Well there was Harriet Harperson, Hazel Blears, Margaret Beckett, Jacqui Smith and the equally lovely Margaret Moran....All bathed in morality. The type of women you would expect in the Labour party

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Why don't we just let Simon Cowell choose MPs on the basis of pulchritude?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Labour Lead Tories On Women's Interests, According To Ipsos Mori Poll

Labour has opened up a 22-point lead over the Tories on which party is seen as the best to look after the interests of women, new polling has revealed.

Tory support on women's issues slipped among both men and women.

The result follows criticism of Prime Minister David Cameron after the number of full women Cabinet members fell from five to four in the reshuffle - although the number of women attending stayed the same.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/21/labour-conservative-party-womens-issues-ipsos-mori_n_1903751.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Not all that long ago, The Houses of Parliament was described as "The best Gentleman's Club in London". Evidently there is still enough resonance of that perception as to dissuade sensible ladies from seeking ritual humiliation there.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:09 am

oftenwrong wrote:Not all that long ago, The Houses of Parliament was described as "The best Gentleman's Club in London". Evidently there is still enough resonance of that perception as to dissuade sensible ladies from seeking ritual humiliation there.

More so if they are ladies that want to be Tory MPs. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 pm

I'd love to stand as a Labour MP. I'd shake them all up and probably last 5 mins before I was clod out! lol
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Blueturando said: Hmmm lets look at the opposition, Im sure they have a lovely bunch of ladies? Well there was Harriet Harperson, Hazel Blears, Margaret Beckett, Jacqui Smith and the equally lovely Margaret Moran....All bathed in morality. The type of women you would expect in the Labour party

Hello Bluey, Even though the title of this thread is "Tory problem with females? Empty Re: Tory problem with females? " It just wouldn't be you if you did anything other that attempt to throw the question back to Labour, Labour this, Labour that. Assuming there may be a modicum of truth in what you say I personally don’t agree with you), I think the point of the thread relates to the very few women that have even sat on the Tory front benches, giving the impression the Tory male are all Gay ( I was going to say poofs but thought better of it) or the women just don’t measure up.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:45 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Not all that long ago, The Houses of Parliament was described as "The best Gentleman's Club in London". Evidently there is still enough resonance of that perception as to dissuade sensible ladies from seeking ritual humiliation there.

There are two houses of parliament, Lords and Commons, i suppose you could say the House of Lords is for Gentlemen, the House of Commons is for the plebs and the uncouth. I watched Prime Ministers question many a time never saw any gentlemen or gentlewomen, more like uncouth yobs.

Can anyone tell me the difference between a pleb and a serf, which is ranked the highest.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:15 pm

As the news item shows Cameron's problem is now not just with women MP's but also with women voters.

So the question is what will this do to his governments re-election chances?

Many of his policies have hit women hard and are likely to carry on hitting them for a long time........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:54 pm

astradt1 wrote:As the news item shows Cameron's problem is now not just with women MP's but also with women voters.

So the question is what will this do to his governments re-election chances?

Many of his policies have hit women hard and are likely to carry on hitting them for a long time........

The women voters of the UK will hit him where it really hurts making sure he does not get another term, so then he will be known by his party as the "One Term Bullingdon Boy".
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next