Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women are religion’s longest running victims

+19
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
tlttf
Jsmythe
Redflag
boatlady
Tosh
Phil Hornby
snowyflake
Bunnyrunner
Mel
True Blue
blueturando
polyglide
biglin
trevorw2539
astra
oftenwrong
Shirina
Greatest I am
23 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Women are religion’s longest running victims - Page 9 Empty Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Post by Greatest I am Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Scriptures, and other myth’s, say that God determined that men should rule over women. This gives form, --- in a demographic sense, ---- to our common and society, and says that our demographic pyramid should have a hierarchical shape and or form. This initiates tension and has God demonizing woman, as well as any notion of female equality with man.

His motive must be for the good of women. Somehow!
After all, sanctity of the family is one of the main points of morality.

God was arguably right for his time. Think in the barbaric way. Below the belt. Thank God that time is almost past. Women in our modern world do not need man’s dubious ape like help. I hope you agree. Be honest now with yourself be you male or female.

Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice.

What do you think?
What would real men do?
What would real women demand?
Do men and women have what it takes to be free?

Justice under law should be gender and age neutral, with limits, but with a good spirit of assuring equality. We do not administer that justice. We only give it lip service. Men are not walking their talk. Neither are women.

In Gods timocracy, a place of government in which love of honor is the ruling principle. All honors go to the Queen and her children. A king’s first responsibility is to insure the veneration of his queen. Honor demands it. He accepts this burden and pleasure wisely. The Queen, as the Beta archetype is the life of the kingdom. The archetypal king’s duty is to raise woman’s position. That means that all men have the same duty. That of not denying women equality and elevating her.

Men. Be good kings. You are making good just men look bad. Step up.
God wills it.

Women. Be good queens and demand what is yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWVCeI&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMBUoxLOmA

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Women are religion’s longest running victims - Page 9 Empty Re: Women are religion’s longest running victims

Post by Greatest I am Mon May 15, 2017 8:54 pm

I agree that that word id used to deflect away from criticism.

I also agree that some miss-use it as a synonym for racism because it does not designate any race, but only a religious connection.

I guess we will all continue to use it until those who use it to deflect stop doing so.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Women are religion’s longest running victims - Page 9 Empty Re: Women are religion’s longest running victims

Post by snowyflake Sun May 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:One could be charitable and describe the opening commentary as "honest debate".

Though it's not, it's trying to take a rise out of gullible readers.

Ignore trolls and they just go away.

You do the same type of name calling as those who use the term Islamophobic to try to end debate on an immoral and inhumane religion.

You show what kind of morals you have. Yuk.

Regards
DL

ALL religion has aspects of immorality and inhumanity and misogyny yet ALL claim to be the harbingers of goodness, kindness, morality. That kind of hypocrisy can be ignored in totality. One does not need religion or religious beliefs or spirituality to attain humanity, morality or basic common human decency. In which case, all of the religions of the world can be cherry picked for their good bits and the rest of it ignored.
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sun May 21, 2017 3:57 pm

snowyflake wrote:........ all of the religions of the world can be cherry picked for their good bits and the rest of it ignored.

If they let you ignore it, yes.

Islam, and the killing of apostates will not let adherents ignore.

Christianity, with their Inquisitions would also not let people ignore.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 21, 2017 5:47 pm

So the problem lies with "people". Hold the front page!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Mon May 22, 2017 8:39 am

It's not obvious to the majority of people that religions are entirely man made fictions of course. Though to be fair facts are often derided in favour of superstition.

I find it utterly baffling that intelligent people can waste their time trying to rationalise away as coincidence the obvious fact that "absolute divine" morality is no better than secular morality and often far worse, being as it is entirely synonymous with the epoch and culture from which it is derived. Yet not see what they're doing as futile subjectivity wish thinking.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon May 22, 2017 5:19 pm

what Sheldon said
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Thu May 25, 2017 7:11 am

Greatest I am wrote:
snowyflake wrote:........ all of the religions of the world can be cherry picked for their good bits and the rest of it ignored.

If they let you ignore it, yes.

Islam, and the killing of apostates will not let adherents ignore.

Christianity, with their Inquisitions would also not let people ignore.

Regards
DL

Which is the problem with religion. It is the believers who won't let you think. Believers who prefer fantasy to facts. Believers who will kill you for your beliefs or non-beliefs.

Ergo, religion, religious faith and belief in the unevidenced is a nonsense. Better to focus on facts and evidence to help you make decisions in life rather than the mystical woo.
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Mon May 29, 2017 4:42 pm

You make a valid point as always Snowyflake, it always makes me laugh when apologists try to scoff at or deride atheists who take the time to discuss religions and the impact it has.

Don't get me wrong I think debating simply to discover truth, and to help us discard claims where the arguments to support them are weak, and or the evidence is either non-existent or not commensurate to the claims being made is a worthy pursuit on it's own. Even if religions had zero impact on anyone and the religious kept their beliefs largely to themselves, but as you say this is seldom the case.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:49 am

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:
It's not obvious to the majority of people that religions are entirely man made fictions of course. Though to be fair facts are often derided in favour of superstition.

Christopher Hitchens noted that in many face to face discussions, when push came to shove, most idol worshipers cherry picked their way away from the supernatural aspects of their faith. Like talking serpents and donkeys.

I find it utterly baffling that intelligent people can waste their time trying to rationalise away as coincidence the obvious fact that "absolute divine" morality is no better than secular morality and often far worse, being as it is entirely synonymous with the epoch and culture from which it is derived. Yet not see what they're doing as futile subjectivity wish thinking.

It is not particularly baffling to me as I recognize that most are in their religions for the tribalism and security and not the belief system. I do not know if I would call such hypocrites intelligent, even if they are well educated.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:51 am

snowyflake wrote:Which is the problem with religion. It is the believers who won't let you think. Believers who prefer fantasy to facts. Believers who will kill you for your beliefs or non-beliefs.

Ergo, religion, religious faith and belief in the unevidenced is a nonsense. Better to focus on facts and evidence to help you make decisions in life rather than the mystical woo.

+ 1.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9