Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women are religion’s longest running victims

+19
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
tlttf
Jsmythe
Redflag
boatlady
Tosh
Phil Hornby
snowyflake
Bunnyrunner
Mel
True Blue
blueturando
polyglide
biglin
trevorw2539
astra
oftenwrong
Shirina
Greatest I am
23 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Women are religion’s longest running victims - Page 2 Empty Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Post by Greatest I am Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Scriptures, and other myth’s, say that God determined that men should rule over women. This gives form, --- in a demographic sense, ---- to our common and society, and says that our demographic pyramid should have a hierarchical shape and or form. This initiates tension and has God demonizing woman, as well as any notion of female equality with man.

His motive must be for the good of women. Somehow!
After all, sanctity of the family is one of the main points of morality.

God was arguably right for his time. Think in the barbaric way. Below the belt. Thank God that time is almost past. Women in our modern world do not need man’s dubious ape like help. I hope you agree. Be honest now with yourself be you male or female.

Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice.

What do you think?
What would real men do?
What would real women demand?
Do men and women have what it takes to be free?

Justice under law should be gender and age neutral, with limits, but with a good spirit of assuring equality. We do not administer that justice. We only give it lip service. Men are not walking their talk. Neither are women.

In Gods timocracy, a place of government in which love of honor is the ruling principle. All honors go to the Queen and her children. A king’s first responsibility is to insure the veneration of his queen. Honor demands it. He accepts this burden and pleasure wisely. The Queen, as the Beta archetype is the life of the kingdom. The archetypal king’s duty is to raise woman’s position. That means that all men have the same duty. That of not denying women equality and elevating her.

Men. Be good kings. You are making good just men look bad. Step up.
God wills it.

Women. Be good queens and demand what is yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWVCeI&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMBUoxLOmA

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Women are religion’s longest running victims - Page 2 Empty Re: Women are religion’s longest running victims

Post by ROB Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Re: Should man rule over women for women’s own good?
by Greatest I am on Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 17:59

Opinion is not fact unless you have some facts to add.

Greatest I am, from Thursday, 12 July 2012 at 20:53 through Friday, 13 July 2012 at 16:53, posted at least twenty-six (26) opinions unsupported by facts. Note the following.

Greatest I am wrote:
by Greatest I am on Sat 14 Jul 2012 - 15:37

ROB

Show anything that you have said about God that is supported by fact.1

Finding it in your book is not fact.2 That is just a fact that a man wrote it.3

I also note that you did not refute anything that I wrote.4 Hmmm.5

1. Does not pertain to Greatest I am posting opinions unsupported by facts.

2. Opinion unsupported by fact.

3. Opinion unsupported by fact.

4. Does not pertain to Greatest I am posting opinions unsupported by facts.

5. Does not pertain to Greatest I am posting opinions unsupported by facts.

ROB

Back to top Go down

Women are religion’s longest running victims - Page 2 Empty Re: Women are religion’s longest running victims

Post by Greatest I am Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Sleep

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
by Greatest I am on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:46

Sleep1

1. Does not pertain to Greatest I am posting opinions unsupported by facts.

Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:26 pm

You obviously do not realise the difference between fact and faith.

If you could verify without dispute all the Bible says then there would be no need for faith.

However, if you look at the world today and you consider the contents of the Bible then you will beging to realise that what is foretold is happening.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 pm

It's not difficult establish from the above arguments, which of the contributors are married.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 pm

polyglide wrote:You obviously do not realise the difference between fact and faith.

If you could verify without dispute all the Bible says then there would be no need for faith.

However, if you look at the world today and you consider the contents of the Bible then you will beging to realise that what is foretold is happening.

Yes. I ran into a talking donkey the other day.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:38 am

Yes and I bet you did not realise the Donkey was more intelligent than you and talked more sense.

polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Was that a chicken joke?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:31 pm

No ... actually, it's not. In fact, just the opposite is true.

See my post on this subject in one of the other religion threads to see why - it won't be hard to find.

Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:25 am

I do not know about a chicken joke but you certainly have yoke on your face.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:33 am

I do not have to look back at any alternative you may make, I just have to look at the world today and see exactly what is happening and what the state of the people is, to see that all the elements are there that substantiate what was foretold would be the conditions prior to Armagedon and there has never been such conditions all at once in any previous decade.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:44 pm

I do not have to look back at any alternative you may make

Of course you don't. Never let the facts stand in the way of a good apocalypse.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:48 pm

A magazine article commented recently that the closest that any part of The Bible gets to being a contemporary account of the life of Our Lord must have been written by Zechariah.

Zechariah is specific about dating his writing (520-518 BCE).
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:18 pm

I do not have to look back at any alternative you may make, I just have to look at the world today and see exactly what is happening and what the state of the people is, to see that all the elements are there that substantiate what was foretold would be the conditions prior to Armagedon and there has never been such conditions all at once in any previous decade

Why is that religious people seem to revel in the thought of misery? It must be such a sad life to lead to think so negetively all the time....I feel sorry for you

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:23 am

Why is that religious people seem to revel in the thought of misery?
Because religion is primarily based on fear - it always has been. Christianity, especially, is no different. It is predicated on being martyrs for Jesus so that suffering is the most noble endeavor one can achieve. Some sects of Catholicism still practice self-mortification. In America, this kind of belief has created a ridiculous paradox whereby 90% of the population who are Christian feel they are being persecuted and attacked by the other 10% who are not Christian - as if somehow such an overwhelming majority is the victim. If a single atheist tries to keep Christianity in check, the Christians go wild with a believe that they are being persecuted. Everything that happens is framed in that context. I have said numerous times that, if Christianity is under attack, why is it that we have not had a non-Christian or atheist president ever in American history? Our presidents and the vast majority of our congressmen have all been professed Christians. So I would say ... who is it that rules me? A fellow atheist? Of course not. I wonder who holds all the cards?
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by True Blue Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 am

Shirina wrote:In our society - since most of us are not Romani - women are highly valued, but that valuation comes with a steep price. The value of women can be summed up in one oft-heard phrase when ships sink: "Women and children first!" Women are often placed on pedestals by our patriarchal society. We are the beneficiaries of chivalric behavior ... we gain the benefit of a man's protection, a man's concern, a man's caring. They stand when we stand, we have doors held open for us, chairs slid out for us, dinners paid for, drinks bought for us, and we could, as women, live a very pampered life.

But we pay for that with our independence, our dignity, our strength, and our pride. We must play the role of the delicate flower, the easily broken, overly emotional china doll that still holds up her skirt and "eeks!" if a mouse is sighted in the kitchen. We must avoid things like politics, careers, military service, or interest in male activities. We must depend on the man for our financial viability as well as perform mostly domestic tasks such as cooking good dinners, keeping the house tidy, and raising the children.

For some women, that price is far too high, something many of us discovered during WWII when work and a paycheck liberated the female half of the species. For some of us, including myself, our spirits are far too free to ever be chained by societal expectations regarding the roles husbands and wives are supposed to perform.

Unfortunately, that price which many women are willing to pay, has caused femininity to be seen as weak, ineffective, and essentially worthless. Some of us, including myself, take a dim view of men who insult other men by calling them "girls" or saying things like, "You throw like a girl," "You hit like a girl," "You run like a girl." Because ... what does that say about girls? I find it trite and insulting, but that is just another part of that price - to be seen as weak, even to some extent, naturally stupid.

No thanks.

Shirina, is the US as backward as you claim it to be above or are you harking back to bygone days?

I can't think of any Western Society that could identify with what you have claimed is true of the US and its attitude to women. What you describe as a now moment for the US... is the stuff of history in Australia... and a history that is before my time.
True Blue
True Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:01 am

Shirina, is the US as backward as you claim it to be above or are you harking back to bygone days?
Oh no, it's very real. It's very very real. And it's happening now. I would never consider the possibility of uprooting my life and moving - yet again - overseas if this were not taking place. I'm just holding my breath over this election. Watch some of the videos I posted in the USA Politics section where I said I was going to renounce my citizenship. I'm dead serious about that. This doesn't have anything to do with religion per se, it has to do with politics. It's just that the theme of American fascism is Christianity. An increasing number of people are buying into the right-wing propaganda; Fox News is the most watched television news show in America even though it blatantly lies about Obama, lies about liberalism, lies about atheists, and lies about this supposed "war on religion." It's also been proven that people who watch Fox News are less aware of national and world affairs than people who watch no news at all. We are a nation of ignorance.
I can't think of any Western Society that could identify with what you have claimed is true of the US and its attitude to women.
Me either. For instance, many employers only pay women 75 cents on the dollar compared to men, and they justify this by using maternity leave as an excuse. This is technically illegal, so how do the conservatives get around it? By repealing the laws, of course. Wisconsin was the first state to abolish its equal pay laws, and most experts predict that Romney will make the destruction of these protections national. Yet, perhaps the most important question is: Why do women need to be protected in the first place? The reason can be traced all the way back to the Puritanical Christianity believed in by our forebears. A woman's proper place, of course, is in the kitchen, not in the board room. And let's not even count the ways Christians have been trying to make getting an abortion more difficult. Everything from forced medical procedures like ultrasounds to treating every miscarriage as a criminal offense until such time that the mother can prove it was not an abortion. They even wanted to redefine what a rape is just so rape victims who become pregnant due to their ordeal will have a more difficult time getting an abortion. Of course, it would also mean it would be harder to put rapists in jail - essentially all the rapist would have to do is somehow incapacitate the female before the rape and technically, he would not have committed a crime. Remember that in 2010-2011, there were more than 600(!) abortion bills proposed to the various state legislatures throughout the country; before Obama's election, there may have been a dozen each year.
What you describe as a now moment for the US... is the stuff of history in Australia... and a history that is before my time.
The Christian-conservative based Tea Party here in the US has a popular saying: "Let's take our country back!"

And we liberal-progressives have a testy little come-back for that saying: "Yeah, you mean take our country back ... to the 1600's."

You are absolutely right, your history is our present.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:44 pm

I have never ever been sad at my part in life, nor do I have any time to think about misery, I am too keen to show just what joy there would be for all, if everyone followed the teachings of Jesus.

There is a very big difference between pointing out what the consequences of certain actions may be and wanting anyone to suffer them.

The evidence is there regarding the state of the world and the people and there is no one to blame other than the latter.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 pm

"It's also been proven that people who watch Fox News are less aware of national and world affairs than people who watch no news at all. We are a nation of ignorance."

The same is happening here in the UK Shirina. We are also a nation of ignorance, which is why the ignorant have voted in tyrants who are tearing the guts out of the majority and that mainly means the poor, the sick, the needy, the young, the working man and the unemployed.

This is why I firmly feel that if we in the UK had more belief and faith in God, the governments of the day would have to realise that evil can be seen clearly no mater how it is disguised or dressed up as being good.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:15 pm

blueturando wrote:
I do not have to look back at any alternative you may make, I just have to look at the world today and see exactly what is happening and what the state of the people is, to see that all the elements are there that substantiate what was foretold would be the conditions prior to Armagedon and there has never been such conditions all at once in any previous decade

Why is that religious people seem to revel in the thought of misery? It must be such a sad life to lead to think so negetively all the time....I feel sorry for you

They may just trying to do to us what their church has done to them.
Create guilt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:17 pm

I am too keen to show just what joy there would be for all, if everyone followed the teachings of Jesus.
The biggest problem is the Old Testament. While many in this country may follow the teachings of Jesus, the Old Testament seems to come first.

Luke 6:20-21 - Then he looked up at his disciples and said, "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God."

"Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you will be filled. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh."

Yet many Christians here ... and I do mean many ... are hellbent on rails against any social programs, they denigrate and ridicule those who must turn to the government for help, and complain bitterly about the whopping $400 per year in taxes they pay to maintain programs such as food stamps and Medicaid. It would seem that greed and the love of money even trumps Jesus. It is Christianity without the love.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:23 pm

This is why I firmly feel that if we in the UK had more belief and faith in God, the governments of the day would have to realise that evil can be seen clearly no mater how it is disguised or dressed up as being good.

The state of affairs in the US shows that a faith in God simply isn't enough. It is the Christians who scream the loudest against the poor, the Christians who want to vote in tyrants to rip the heart out of social programs and wage wars of aggression against nations like Iran. It is the Christians who wish to usher in a form of corporate and religious fascism, to force the nation to adhere to Christian values - but Old Testament values, not the values espoused by Jesus. Something went terribly awry, and I have no idea what it is.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Christian Americans don't like the World they see, full of violence and apparently moving towards increasing Government concern with the minutiae of our daily lives.

Middle America identifies with the Frontiersmen who conquered the West more than a hundred years ago, and will always champion individual effort with mutual support. They are not necessarily "against" liberals but prefer things the way they have been. Conservatives, in a word.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:33 pm

Christian Americans don't like the World they see, full of violence and apparently moving towards increasing Government concern with the minutiae of our daily lives.
Christian Americans are not concerned about violence as much as they want to have an arsenal of guns, be allowed to take them anywhere, and shoot up anyone that might commit a crime. American Christians are much more concerned about homosexuals than they are about child abuse, domestic violence, murder, or rape. American Christians are more concerned that their xenophobia will not be catered to when it comes to the basic freedoms we are presumed to have in this nation.

American Christians also enjoy feeding their own paranoia about the government. Thus they will raise a big stink about the FBI using facial recognition software to catch criminals, yet they will defend corporations who insist on invading their privacy by demanding their Facebook password. They'll throw fits about airport security being able to see full-body scans of passengers because, by God, someone might see their private parts yet they couldn't care less about corporations having access to their credit history, medical records, psychiatric reports, and other things that are supposed to be confidential.

However, American Christians are the most concerned over money. I don't mean the concern of a struggling family worried about how the next mortgage payment will be made. No, I mean the concern of a well-off family concerned that their payment into social programs will prevent them from buying a second or third luxury car. Even their staunch disbelief in climate change stems not from science but from their fears that new taxes or regulations will result from its existence.

As for violence, well, the only area of government where money is not a concern for American Christians is the trillions we spend on weapons of war so that we may wage useless wars against Iraq and possibly Iran. As long as the government spends their money inflicting violence on some other nation, some other culture, American Christians will happily pay their taxes without complaint.
Middle America identifies with the Frontiersmen who conquered the West more than a hundred years ago, and will always champion individual effort with mutual support.
Yes, millions of overweight, balding soccer dads living in the suburbs who have seen too many serial Westerns. Perhaps they can get on with the business of conquering the West and being the sheriff of Dodge City right after they finish taking the Volvo to the supermarket to pick up some milk and pork chops for the wife.
They are not necessarily "against" liberals but prefer things the way they have been. Conservatives, in a word.
Oh no, OW ... they are definitely against liberals. They equate liberals with the evils of communism - and not just any communism, but Stalin-era communism. Websites and forums infested by conservatives all over the internet post liberal hate threads in profusion with such titles as, "Why we hate liberals!" Fox News just loves bringing liberals onto their shows just to set them up as targets and harass them for their so-called Un-American views.

These suburban frontiersmen have twisted the idea of "self-reliance" into the idea of "self-absorbtion" ... the classic conservative idea that "I'm fine, Jack, so eff you!"
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Could not agree more.

Regards.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:18 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Yes. I ran into a talking donkey the other day.

That wasn't a donkey, that was my friend Mister Ed. Shhh! Don't tell nobody! Ed finally escaped from Area 51. He told me he ain't going back alive.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Shirina.as I have said previously, the Old Testament has no relevance to those who follow Jesus, everything that happened prior to the coming of Jesus will not in any way have any influence on the promises made through the coming of Jesus.

Jesus came at a time when the world was lost [very similar to the present times] and offered us a means of redemption, those means were not difficult to adhere to but, unfortunately, mankind is also influenced by the Devil who has many alternatives that in the short term many find attractive and we are now well on the way to being in the same state as when Jesus arrived.

I think you must have had some very bad experiences to hold the views that you do, but as I have said previously, you cannot keep blaming God for all the evil in the world, man has a free will and if he chooses all the wrong options he is the one to blame, God is sitting this one out and the Devil is taking advantage as he is well aware his time is nearly up.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:00 am

I think you must have had some very bad experiences to hold the views that you do, but as I have said previously, you cannot keep blaming God for all the evil in the world, man has a free will and if he chooses all the wrong options he is the one to blame, God is sitting this one out and the Devil is taking advantage as he is well aware his time is nearly up

Does 'Man' also have free will over the Devil? Or is he more powerfull than God?

Aware his time is up?????? What does that mean?

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:19 am

blueturando wrote:
Does 'Man' also have free will over the Devil?

In order to answer your question, I’ve altered slightly your question

• “Does [man] also have free will over the Devil?”

Yes.

Greek Bible:

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee1 from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

James 4:7-10

1. φεύγω, pheugō, to run away, to shun; by analogy to vanish, to flee.

Last edited by RockOnBrother on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunnyrunner Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:27 am

It appears your god does a lot of that..."sitting this one out". In fact, I can't remember when she didn't "sit this out", ever.

"His time is nearly up"...I take it you refer to the much vaunted Second Coming...If your saviour turned up now he'd be locked away. Not unlike the many others resting in institutions around the globe.:albino:
Bunnyrunner
Bunnyrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:46 am

Bunnyrunner wrote:
It appears your god…

YHVH Elohim, Author, Creator, Owner, and Sovereign of all that is, was, and ever will be, including you, eternal, immeasurable, incomprehensible power whereby all existence has been brought into existence, is not “your god.” Perhaps the worthless, powerless, trinket which you label “your god” is in reality your god; if so, I mourn for you and I pray for you.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunnyrunner Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:19 am

RockOnBrother wrote:
Bunnyrunner wrote:
It appears your god…

YHVH Elohim, Author, Creator, Owner, and Sovereign of all that is, was, and ever will be, including you, eternal, immeasurable, incomprehensible power whereby all existence has been brought into existence, is not “your god.” Perhaps the worthless, powerless, trinket which you label “your god” is in reality your god; if so, I mourn for you and I pray for you.

I should point out that god (in any form) does not exist. Never did, never will, so pray to your imaginary friend if you wish. This may make you feel better but will make no difference to me and the rest of the human race. :albino:
Bunnyrunner
Bunnyrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:10 am

RockOnBrother wrote:
Bunnyrunner wrote:
It appears your god…

Bunnyrunner wrote:
I should point out that god (in any form) does not exist.

YHVH Elohim, Author, Creator, Owner, and Sovereign of all that is, was, and ever will be, eternal, immeasurable, incomprehensible power whereby all existence has been brought into existence, is not “god (in any form).”

In order to address your underlying, fallacy, I altered slightly but significantly your posted text:

• I should point out that [YHVH Elohim] does not exist.

The nonexistence of YHVH Elohim cannot be proven. Perhaps “[you] should point out” to yourself the fallacy of this statement as altered by me.

Bunnyrunner wrote:
Never did, never will…

Once again, the nonexistence of YHVH Elohim cannot be proven.

Bunnyrunner wrote:
… so pray to your imaginary friend if you wish.

I pray as YHVH Elohim, speaking through his prophets, including his beloved son, Y’shua Moshiach, instructs me to pray, your “leave” notwithstanding.

Bunnyrunner wrote:
This may make you feel better but will make no difference to me and the rest of the human race.

I pray as YHVH Elohim, speaking through his prophets, including his beloved son, Y’shua Moshiach, instructs me to pray, my feelings notwithstanding.

I pray as YHVH Elohim, speaking through his prophets, including his beloved son, Y’shua Moshiach, instructs me to pray, whether or not it “will make no difference to [you] and the rest of the human race.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunnyrunner Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:32 am

RockOnBrother wrote:
RockOnBrother wrote:
Bunnyrunner wrote:
It appears your god…
Bunnyrunner wrote:

YHVH Elohim, Author, Creator, Owner, and Sovereign of all that is, was, and ever will be, eternal, immeasurable, incomprehensible power whereby all existence has been brought into existence, is not “god (in any form).”

In order to address your underlying, fallacy, I altered slightly but significantly your posted text:

The nonexistence of YHVH Elohim cannot be proven. Perhaps “[you] should point out” to yourself the fallacy of this statement as altered by me.

Bunnyrunner wrote:
Never did, never will…

Once again, the nonexistence of YHVH Elohim cannot be proven.

Bunnyrunner wrote:
… so pray to your imaginary friend if you wish.

I pray as YHVH Elohim, speaking through his prophets, including his beloved son, Y’shua Moshiach, instructs me to pray, your “leave” notwithstanding.

Bunnyrunner wrote:
This may make you feel better but will make no difference to me and the rest of the human race.

I pray as YHVH Elohim, speaking through his prophets, including his beloved son, Y’shua Moshiach, instructs me to pray, my feelings notwithstanding.

I pray as YHVH Elohim, speaking through his prophets, including his beloved son, Y’shua Moshiach, instructs me to pray, whether or not it “will make no difference to [you] and the rest of the human race.

No more than you can prove it does.:albino:
Bunnyrunner
Bunnyrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Bunnyrunner wrote:
by Bunnyrunner on Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 5:19

RockOnBrother wrote:
by RockOnBrother on Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 8:10

In order to address your underlying fallacy, I altered slightly but significantly your posted text:

The nonexistence of YHVH Elohim cannot be proven.

Bunnyrunner wrote:
by Bunnyrunner on Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 8:32

No more than you can prove it does.

You have failed to prove the nonexistence of YHVH Elohim.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:47 am

All the proof you need is to look around you and see the state the world is in, the prophesies made in that respect and all the evidence of creation.

As for the Devil's time being up I am certainly glad I am not in his shoes.

Not only would it make a big difference to humanity if the Devil won it would be the end of.

If you are happy to disbelieve in God then just what has your life been all about?

You will die when you have experienced life and all it has to offer and to exactly what end?

polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 pm

All the proof you need is to look around you and see the state the world is in, the prophesies made in that respect and all the evidence of creation.

This gets a big "Holy cow.." from me and the rest of the psychiatric team....

As for the Devil's time being up I am certainly glad I am not in his shoes.

The Devil?? Really?? This is no different than saying "As for the fairies time being up, I am certainly etc......"

Not only would it make a big difference to humanity if the Devil won it would be the end of.

You are suggesting that there is some other worldly war going on between good and evil, over there in the ether, behind the curtain in Oz that actually affects us. How is that possible knowing what we know about the world and reality?

If you are happy to disbelieve in God then just what has your life been all about?

My life has been about helping others, loving my family and friends, being the best I can be at my job and living a decent and moral existence. What's yours been about?

You will die when you have experienced life and all it has to offer and to exactly what end?

It's impossible to experience all life has to offer. But wasting it worshipping some invisible, narcissistic, egomaniac in the vain and arrogant hope of life after death seems to me to be the bigger sin.

snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 pm

It's like watching a good movie ... why bother if it doesn't last forever?
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:49 pm

When Winston Churchill was told in 1960 that in the year 2000 women would rule the world, he said : " They still will, will they...?" Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Aristophanes remarked something similar three thousand years prior to Churchill in his play "Lysistrata". There is nothing new under the sun.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Aristophanes remarked something similar three thousand years prior to Churchill in his play "Lysistrata". There is nothing new under the sun..

Colonel Conundrum and his link of famous quotes has the gall to quote " there is nothing new under the sun ".

Indeed.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next