Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the cruel Tory welfare reforms save any money?

+30
Penderyn
methought
Magpie's View
boatlady
KnarkyBadger
Red Cat Woman
biglin
skwalker1964
betty.noire
Scarecrow
Adele Carlyon
trevorw2539
atv
tlttf
Stox 16
LWS
Mel
Redflag
oftenwrong
blueturando
witchfinder
astra
Phil Hornby
Papaumau
Ivanhoe
jackthelad
astradt1
Ivan
bobby
sickchip
34 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Will the cruel Tory welfare reforms save any money? - Page 9 Empty Will the cruel Tory welfare reforms save any money?

Post by sickchip Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 am

First topic message reminder :

My personal opinion is that the current spate of tory reforms to the benefit system are cruel, regressive, and worst of all won't save money (the alleged intention).

In a supposedly modern civilised country one would think housing would be considered a human right.......rather than simply an investment / a chance to make a fast buck.

I note there is talk of a yacht for the biggest benefit claimee of them all. I note over £10billion has been spent on the olympics. I note £32billion is being spent on a high speed rail link (london-birmingham) - this will shave, a no doubt absolutely vita,l 32mins off the journey (essential??!!!) and be used by a miniscule % of the UK population.

How about investing this money in affordable social housing instead? Or do government no longer care to invest in those they view as peasants and serfs?

The tories efforts to turn the nation against those unfortunate enough to find themselves unemployed via vile smears, and an insidious propaganda campaign, are reminiscent of Nazi germany's propaganda campaign against the jews.

Iain Duncan Smith is a disgusting human being and has blood on his hands.

Instead of kicking the weakest targets that can't defend themselves....maybe the Bullingdon bullies should try picking on somebody their own size.....like the bankers, or benefit leeching corporations like Tescos.

They currently resemble a 20st thug stamping on a little girls head.

Welfare is essential and if we are to remain a civilised country we owe it to ourselves to provide for those less fortunate; unless we want to see people starving and homeless turning into savages.

The biggest burden on the UK in recent times has not been the unemployed.....welfare is not a burden - it is an essential expense in a civilised nation.

The biggest burden, and the cause of much unemployment, has been the rich greedy bankers who have cost this country, and us taxpayers, untold £billions in order to benefit a few. They have placed the real burden on the UK.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Will the cruel Tory welfare reforms save any money? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will the cruel Tory welfare reforms save any money?

Post by astra Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 pm

The compliment is very nice and appreciated MEL, but I am sure I am bottom of the class as far as finance goes

astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Will the cruel Tory welfare reforms save any money? - Page 9 Empty Re: Will the cruel Tory welfare reforms save any money?

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:32 am

Mel wrote:Hello Red,

I may seem to be up avove the clouds at times, but "ASTRA" not my non de plume, sir and he is better educated than me in any case. Very Happy

So sorry Mel It was done in a hurry I was off out to my MSPs office to stick and stuff so that her newsletter gets out this month, so I hope Im forgiven.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:23 am

Not a problem at all Red, for you I could forgive anything.
Errrrrrr, well almost on reflection. Very Happy Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Mel wrote:Not a problem at all Red, for you I could forgive anything.
Errrrrrr, well almost on reflection. Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks Mel you have a forgiving heart, I have been sticking stamping and stuffing all day my fingers are numb.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:17 pm

"Stuffing" Red? Chicken or something else??????? Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:30 am

Mel wrote:"Stuffing" Red? Chicken or something else??????? Very Happy

Sticking labels on envelopes and then stuffing the Newsletter into the envelope Mel, Its something I do to help my Labour party its not a lot but I do it gladly as most on this forum would do (I think) .
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Admirable, Admiral Red.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Mel wrote:Admirable, Admiral Red.

Thanks Mel your so kind I have to go back in on Monday to finish off and then it all starts again helping my Councillor so thats me sticking and stuffing only this time its letters looking for support for our Labour council.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:29 am

I'm surprised that the Labour party hasn't re-mortgaged your local party headquarters yet Red, they have done to the majority evn though they don't own them. Sub Primes anybody?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:59 pm

We can confidently leave sub-prime lending to those Tory W, Bankers who in the year before the Credit Crunch, 2007, lent more to each other to buy derivatives than they lent to the entire British Manufacturing Industry.

Genius, Pure Genius.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm

oftenwrong wrote:We can confidently leave sub-prime lending to those Tory W, Bankers who in the year before the Credit Crunch, 2007, lent more to each other to buy derivatives than they lent to the entire British Manufacturing Industry.

Genius, Pure Genius.

Of course you are a " Pure Genius" OW, and there still not lending to small manufacturing or any other small business as per the MERLIN PROJECT.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Every time we have PMQT, the hypocrite Cameron stands up and feigns concern for British casualties in Afghanistan. At the same time, soldiers still on a tour of duty have been told that they're being sacked as part of the defence cuts. When they get home, they'll no doubt be expected to work for nothing for Tesco or Asda in order to get any benefits. Wounded soldiers are also being sacked, and will have to find work, along with countless other disabled people, even though there are hardly any jobs for the able-bodied.

Children who have lost their fathers to the fighting in Afghanistan are now in the firing line themselves from this hideous and vicious Tory-dominated government. Gove has decided he’s going to axe a pupil premium payment for servicemen’s children one year after their parent’s death. Can the scum who are ruling Britain at the moment sink much lower?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-dare-we-target-army-kids-690495

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Are there any groups this government has not targeted for cuts?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Party Donors seem to have escaped.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Will the cruel Tory welfare reforms save any money? - Page 9 Empty Should you have to give four weeks' notice prior to dying??

Post by astradt1 Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Did anyone hear todays BBCRadio 4 You and Yours on the case where a Carehome company sent a bill for £3052 to the daughter of one of their residents because he had not given them 4 weeks notice of his intention to die.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b01c7lk8

Whilst I can understand that a provider should be able to require as part of a contract for services of 4 weeks if someone decides that they no long wish or need to remain in their care I think that it is a bit much to also demand this charge if the person dies.......

Opinions/comments?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:42 pm

I heard the item on the car radio, and concluded that the reason for the fiasco is the usual one when dealing with British Companies - the individual writing Final Demand letters has an imperfect grasp of English Law or even the job they are meant to be doing.
The type of contract appropriate to a Care Home is not dissimilar from an ordinary Rental Contract, inasmuch as it allows either side to give a month's notice of intention to bring the arrangement to an end.

Supposing the Company operating the Care Home had cut legal costs by copying someone else's form of contract, it's easy to understand why nobody spotted that requiring a month's notice of intended death is not entirely practical. A solicitor would not have included such a phrase in that sort of agreement.

In the specific case broadcast, it's now up to someone with sufficient intelligence, to apologise on behalf of the Care providing Company.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:34 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Party Donors seem to have escaped.

I guess they are the plucking lucy ones because every body else is getting the chop even the NHS staff are being cut but then again the private health nurses will cover that I DO NOT THINK.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:54 am

David Laws, the former chief secretary to the treasury, said Mr Osborne should start "ending austerity" for millions of households by moving towards the coalition's goal of raising the income tax threshold to £10,000.

Seems Balls call for tax cuts is rubbing off on some. One expects deaf ears from Gideon and Camer-con.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:49 am

Hello Mel Mate. Could it be just a swift kick up the arse from the bum bandit, as he didnt get the job he expected.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:11 am

oftenwrong wrote:Party Donors seem to have escaped.

With juicy bonuses or juicy contracts in the NHS for good measure, and of course the low paid and the recently unemployed.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:50 am

astradt1 wrote:Are there any groups this government has not targeted for cuts?

No astradt1, o bar from Bankers....forgot about them sh........t
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:29 am

Stox 16 wrote:
astradt1 wrote:Are there any groups this government has not targeted for cuts?

No astradt1, o bar from Bankers....forgot about them sh........t

Or as we all know ALL THAT POUR MONEY INTO TORY PARTY ELECTION FUND.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Police have arrested four former employees from a company that holds government welfare-to-work contracts.

The government has been urged to suspend its work programme contacts with A4e, based in Slough, Berkshire.

The company is chaired by Emma Harrison, who was appointed by the prime minister, David Cameron, in 2010 to help get troubled families into work.

Its five shareholders were paid £11m in dividends last year, of which Harrison received 18%.

The ongoing investigation concerned four former staff who were working on European Social Fund contracts, and are alleged to have falsely claimed that people had been placed into employment.

£11 million in dividens and 18% to the tart engaged by Camercon. Another job for a Tory friend.

Where privatisation and profit are concerned fraud will take place eventually.
Cameron is sailing close to the wind with his friendly engagements.
We still await the Coulson enquiry, that seems to have been hushed up at present.

Help to get troubled families into work? my arse!!!!
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:18 pm

my arse!!!! Piles can be painful. Try suppositories. Sad

Seriously. I agree with you. If we really knew how much money is going in fraud and backhanders, especially in the European Parliament, we could probably solve UK's deficit, at least for a year. Did you notice that we are contributing £500 each family to the Greek debt as well Shocked

Mel

trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Did you notice that we are contributing £500 each family to the Greek debt as well Shocked

Does that mean we can have a free holiday in Athens.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Not at all Bobby. More like it will mean that the Greeks think we are so rich that they can rip us off Double Time on this years holiday!

If anyone is daft enuff tae go there in the first place.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:06 pm

bobby wrote:Did you notice that we are contributing £500 each family to the Greek debt as well Shocked

All you have to do is pay the airfare, accommodation and food. The sun is free. Smile
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm

"the sun is free" Murdoch wont like that Very Happy

Last edited by Mel on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Never mind the Greeks, it's the Italians I worry about-- Bless em bobby.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Mel wrote:Never mind the Greeks, it's the Italians I worry about-- Bless em bobby.

Don't worry about the Italians. They've got the Pope and the RC Church wealth to fall back on. ooops. Smile If that fails there's always the Cosa Nostra. Rolling Eyes
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:38 pm

astra wrote:

Not at all Bobby. More like it will mean that the Greeks think we are so rich that they can rip us off Double Time on this years holiday!

If anyone is daft enuff tae go there in the first place.

Well astra Im going to Weston-Super-Mare for my holidays this year back to the place I went last year with the same company and same Hotel and will get to spend a day in lovely Bath and a wee visit to lovely Devon so that my holidays.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Hello Red, it's the caravan for me this year, inbetween checks.

It's "Old Age Travellers" for us! And I don't care what the weather is doing - only auld Boreas (that's Mc gonnigall coming out of me!) can hold us back. Don't know if it is Northumberland, Dumfries and Galloway or Warwickshire or all 3 areas all things permitting.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:16 pm

astra wrote:Hello Red, it's the caravan for me this year, inbetween checks.

It's "Old Age Travellers" for us! And I don't care what the weather is doing - only auld Boreas (that's Mc gonnigall coming out of me!) can hold us back. Don't know if it is Northumberland, Dumfries and Galloway or Warwickshire or all 3 areas all things permitting.

Im sure you will have have a nice time astra and knowing that God looks after his own so the sun will shine for your holiday Im sure my fingers are crossed for you and your holiday.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:13 am

astra wrote:Hello Red, it's the caravan for me this year, inbetween checks.

Hi astra
That sound very relaxing too me..nice one..
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 pm

http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/uk/2012/02/23/camerons_family_champion_quits

The boss of a welfare-to-work firm at the centre of police investigations over alleged fraud has quit as the Prime Minister's "Family Champion", she announced.

Emma Harrison said she did not want the probe, which has seen four ex-members of A4e staff arrested, to distract from the Government's efforts to help vulnerable families.
But her departure from the unpaid role did nothing to ease pressure from the head of a Commons public spending watchdog for A4e's Government contracts to be suspended.

In a statement, Ms Harrison, personally appointed by David Cameron in December 2010 to lead efforts to get hundreds of households into employment, said she had asked to step aside. "I do not want the current media environment to distract from the very important work with troubled families," she said amid the ongoing controversy surrounding her business. "I remain passionate about helping troubled families and I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute in an area where I have been active for many years."
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 am

Mel wrote:

Police have arrested four former employees from a company that holds government welfare-to-work contracts.

The government has been urged to suspend its work programme contacts with A4e, based in Slough, Berkshire.

The company is chaired by Emma Harrison, who was appointed by the prime minister, David Cameron, in 2010 to help get troubled families into work.

Its five shareholders were paid £11m in dividends last year, of which Harrison received 18%.

The ongoing investigation concerned four former staff who were working on European Social Fund contracts, and are alleged to have falsely claimed that people had been placed into employment.

£11 million in dividens and 18% to the tart engaged by Camercon. Another job for a Tory friend.

We still await the Coulson enquiry, that seems to have been hushed up at present.

Thank Mel/astra

I missed this story...how very interesting...this is more mud that could well stick too him...always thought there was something a bit fishy about this woman Harrison...as she just popped up from know where...how very interesting Mel
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Stox 16 wrote:
Mel wrote:

Thank Mel/astra

I missed this story...how very interesting...this is more mud that could well stick too him...always thought there was something a bit fishy about this woman Harrison...as she just popped up from know where...how very interesting Mel

She is supposed to be a friend of Scam..er..on this name is starting to fit him, it will stick there is plenty of people that will never let him forget what he tried to do to the young adults.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:01 pm

"Will the cruel Tory welfare reforms save any money?"

Yes of course for one purpose in particular. Wait for the Gideon budget. You can bet your life that the boy in short trousers will do what Cameron said he would do "when the time is right" CUT THE TOP RATE OF TAX. The excuse, "it will assist employers to expand and take on more staff".
What a load of cock, all that will happen is directors and chairmen will put the cash in their back pockets and extra fund their already greedy lifestyles.

Plough the proceeds back into their businesses? It's a joke.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:24 pm

Watcha Mel, what proves your point is the vast profits being made by many of the larger company's, yet unemployement isn't going down, its still on the rise.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Hello bobby boy

The old saying bobby, "money goes to money" and don't the Tories make sure of that my good friend?
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 am

"Who is making the money as private firms move in on the public sector?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/25/emma-harrison-family-tsar?commentpage=2
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next