Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

+26
LWS
KnarkyBadger
polyglide
Shirina
Ivanhoe
betty.noire
blueturando
Stox 16
trevorw2539
witchfinder
Red Cat Woman
jackthelad
Redflag
bobby
Phil Hornby
AwfulTruth
Mel
Scarecrow
astra
tlttf
Blamhappy
oftenwrong
Adele Carlyon
Ivan
sickchip
astradt1
30 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 3 Empty Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by astradt1 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

We seem to have had a thread about Milliband and time running out for his leadership but now there seem to be more and more knives coming out for Vatman and Dobbing, I'll let you decide who is who?

It now seems more and more of their own side (Tory MP's) are openly speaking out against them........

Latest...

Nadine Dorries: David Cameron And George Osborne Are 'Arrogant Posh Boys'

David Cameron and George Osborne are "arrogant posh boys" who do not understand the lives of ordinary people, according to Tory MP Nadine Dorries.

Speaking on the BBC's Daily Politics programme on Monday, the MP for Mid-Bedfordshire was asked if she thought the prime minister and chancellor were out of touch with voters.

"Unfortunately I think that not are only Cameron and Osborne two posh boys who don't understand the price of milk," she said. "They are too arrogant posh boys who show no remorse, no contrition and no passion to want to understand the lives of others - and that is their real crime."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/23/nadine-dorries-david-cameron-posh-boys_n_1445068.html?ref=uk-politics&ref=uk
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by AwfulTruth Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 am

Very interesting bobby! Of course you are so right - shit makes not a foundation the great can build upon - although you cannot polish a turd!

I saw a video from Japan recently which filmed a young woman walking down a street and then the ground opening up beneath - she immediately disappeared down a sinkhole and presumably into the sewer below; a flower amongst the turds. She was rescued by a gallant knight and was unharmed. She descended into shit but it was the shit of others: how she personified the unwitting, hapless plight we have all been subjected to by this rotten crooked government.

[youtube][/youtube]

I am an ex-Tory, ex-Labour, ex-Lib-Dem but now I join the Labour fold forever... sunny

There is no alternative right now - no one else out there with the intelligence, the thoughtful common sense or the humanity that Ed Milliband appears to manifest.

Maybe when he is PM - a foregone conclusion as Mystic Meg has spoken Wink - I wonder if his brother will be given a ministerial role? I loath nepotism, but I think the brothers Milliband may prove to be a success with that hyped-up phoney Cain and Able crap out of the way.

This is not just rebellion - this is a political revolution! This is a veritable Shakespearian sea-change.

Afterwards, the Tories will never rule again, and the LibDems will die-off in the desert of their own hubris whilst their nemesis, us voters, will celebrate their passing as a sign that democracy is still a dynamic, vital mechanism for celebrating people power.

My only fear is just what will fill the void left by the fallen? Let's hope a new political party is formed out of the ashes of the losers...

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by bobby Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:31 pm

My first choice for Party Leader would have been Alan Johnson, had he stood, but alas he didn’t, My second choice was David Milliband, as an extremely able politician with most of the qualities needed for the premier role. To be absolutely honest, I didn’t really give Ed Milliband a second thought. Since he got the job, he has IMHO grown in stature and has disproved some of the things he was accused of, like being in the pockets of the Trades Unions, he has shown on a regular basis that he has more than the measure of Herr Cameron and his Rhumba of Rattlesnakes, he seems to have the welfare of the whole Country at heart, not just the poor, but those who employ the poor, very much as it was with Tony Blair’s “third way” which assisted in giving us ten years of unprecedented growth, not a bad thing. Don’t get me wrong AT, I am not a Blairite, but I wont forget the much good he did before he made a few errors in judgement.
As for the Brother Gracchi, sorry wrong era, I mean Milliband, yes they would make a very formidable duet, much stronger together than they would be apart. We can only hope.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 pm

I think I generally follow your line on this issue - although I suppose I am a little partial when I say that the only thing that puts me off David is that he somehow 'sounds, like Blair?

Probably not relevant, but having been a supporter of Blair and then becoming alienated by his odd line on war, I suppose I am somewhat allergic to his tone and perceived persona.

Sure, we know that husband and wife teams can be strong - just look at Cameron and Osborne clown - no, just joking!

What is exciting for me is that Ed has had time to assume his position, and it ain't missionary, either. More maturing into a confrontational but pragmatic, polemical, oratorical, politician with embraced ideals and aided by a keen wit, an intelligent eye and an honest understanding of the issues. This is in stark contrast with the odious, definitely disgusting Cameron who ends up looking like a mouldy old toffee-nosed sycophant within a guarded clique of moronic, mediocre also-rans with nothing of value to give us. Moreover they simply take, steal and purloin with the gusto of a gang of thieves on the make.

bounce

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm

I wonder if Cameron and Murdoch are still friends on his remark about Camerons son at the inquiry, he said he admired Cameron for the way he looked after his retarded son. I don't think retarded was an appropriate word, autistic yes, retarded no. I don't think Murdoch is a religious person, he swore on the bible then went on to lie through his teeth.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:07 pm

DISCLAIMER: The following informal post is based on alleged accusations and perceptions and is not intended to be factual or is it meant to be defamatory or libellous, and should not be considered as factual evidence.

Yes, Jack, Murdoch is a most transparent, naive and loathsome character and if he thinks just for one second that we, the great unwashed, do not judge him for what he is, he is not only deluded but nothing more than a fallible old fool still with his head firmly planted up his own fundament.

All his circumlocutory disingenuous cant, that pours out of his inexorably bottomless mouth, is like the musings of corrupt old old boiler spluttering away at the very endgame of his life.

A vain, deceitful, prevaricating profligate denying the truth and the adversary of fair practice?

It is MY assumption, based on the evidence we have all been privy to, that Rupert Murdoch, rather like a pseudo-godfather figure at the top of a Sicilian Mafioso family, will say anything to cover his sinister shenanigans, that includes the direct sanctioning of phone tapping and other skulduggery.

That he may be the font of other unlawful actions, is quite possible. We know that his antagonists and detractors, his victims and prosecutors have all felt the invisible hand of Murdoch on their shoulders; that hint or perception that he has powers that reach out like the tentacles of some kind of despotic chimera that spies and intimidates.

Remember Rebekah Brooks threatening to 'come after' anyone who tried to bring News International to book? Isn't that what godfathers are good at? The enmeshed within the ideology of the despotic is their compulsion to exert a perversion for control freakery by gathering information, spying, and if necessary, destroying people because they have either offended the master or simply because Murdoch has the power to do so.

Megalomania is identified by the following definition:
[/color]

Megalomania is an unrealistic belief in one's superiority, grandiose abilities, and even omnipotence. It is characterized by a need for total power and control over others, and is marked by a lack of empathy for anything that is perceived as not feeding the self.
Source

So, if the cap fits, then Rupert may well be forced to wear it if any criminal procedures are taken against this man who's feet are precariously standing on clay...

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:11 pm

AwfulTruth wrote:Oh Redflag - you are making me all emotional! Crying or Very sad

How the champagne will flow - how happiness will descend like balm upon the heads of the dispossessed, the depressed and abused voters, and the all the victims of this government's crass and errant incompetence, whether voters or not.

I would also like to say that I believe Ed is looking more and more like PM material: he comes across as honest Ed, until proven otherwise, and that has to be manna most urgently required! king

Keep that thought AT I do not want to put the mockers on it but by the end of this year he is loosing Minsters hand over fist, the next one to go will be H(C)unt and then it will rub off on Scam..er..on and his own party will do a Maggie Thatcher on him Im enjoying all this and I know you should not laugh at other people misfortunes, do not worry its only the Tories. :affraid:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Listening to Rupert Murdoch at Leveson today and yesterday , the guy was hardly pressed by Robert Jay QC , a walk in the park would be my verdict if that was me under lame scrutiny, asking an 81 year old man to try and recollect periods of meetings that took place years before , and referncing books written by detractors and sycophants is scraping the barrel to say the least. I mean Jay is a Queen's Council lawyer , yet the questions asked of Rupert are hardly causing the old gent to break sweat.I do like Murdochs long pauses , fully expecting some reply of gravitas and depth , BUT time and again we get off pat , schooled replies. They have had months to be schooled in how to deflect and rebound questions put to them both, much like MPs in front of the media and on radio.
The British public deserve better , how they are absorbing all this regarding the phone hacking , metropolitan police corruption / institutional racism , corporate corruption , time will tell .

At the end of Leveson , I predict that no major heads will roll , I am happy to be shot down on this statement at the apropriate time , BUT that's how I compute the nefarious system of this country , Cameron is shouting in parliament that it is his government that has instigated Levenson and they will take the medals for doing so , ..............YEAH Dave had no bloody choice in the matter after the public revultion of the activities of the press.
This will if I am proved correct , leave the UK public asking themselves , what the f**k was all that tax payer money spent on.
The internet has signaled the death knell of papers , and as Murdoch stated , his News Corp shareholders don't give a monkeys for his remaining broadsheet and redtop in the UK ,Times , Sun.
Assets owned by News Corps make impressive reading via Wikipedia , very disturbing to be honest.
Robert Maxwell , sprang to mind as I watched Murdoch , granted Maxwell was never as powerful as Murdoch , but had he not fallen overboard and got away with dipping into the pension fund , he would have remained a press baron of the most ruthless nature , happy to tread on whoever blocked his way. These people were and are revered by the political establishment , Cameron , Miliband , Farrage whoever, know that the power still rests with Murdoch , Fox in the US dominates, I can stomach about ten minutes max of anything on Fox ..........terrible bias being preached to the US public who choose to swallow the BS .
The special relationship between the US and UK betrays the power that Murdoch / News Corp will still retain as a powerful voice in the UK , he doesn't need a daily paper to influence political sway in the UK , harsh voices from across the pond via the American government , Democrat /Republican who know the power of the New York Journal , New York Post , etc.

Leveson , will hardly be referenced by future trainee lawyers observing , in how to go for the proverbial jugular , it is falling woefully short as far as I can see , still if the british public are content at the end of it ............no change there then .

The swearing in at the start of each fresh individual is quite telling , if you know what to look for in the body / facial sign's ...........no I don't watch Lie To Me with Tim Roth ha ha ha .
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Interesting Scarecrow, yes there are shades of Maxwell (another loathsome character).

However, I think the USA will get him first; they will force him to sell-off his assets in some way and this will be the great humiliation that will finally bring this behemoth of propaganda crashing down.

There will be other action too. As in a Greek tragedy unfolding, the ancient understanding of human failing is thus:

This is the nemesis of a man of extreme hubris, and one who chooses to shun the truth as if it were his own creation to be protected and occluded from public view. This is the action of a megalomaniac.

But the peripeteia of Murdoch's fortune (the reversal of fortune) starts with anagnorisis (the recognition of his crimes) and so then and only then, the final catharsis of Murdoch's actions as dictated by his ethos (his personality). The catharsis, or purging, of the people and victims of Murdoch's actions, and the demand for retribution (punishment) via nemesis (justice) - comes only when Murdoch pays for what he has sanctioned.

Finally, the hamartia (his fatal flaw) of Murdoch is his inability to understand what is wrong and what is right. This sociopathic compulsive disorder negates his judgement/ability to direct himself to do the right thing, unless forced to do so by people more powerful than himself.

It is actually all about power...

Last edited by AwfulTruth on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarecrow Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:20 pm

AwfulTruth , your post was an absolute joy to read , I respect your opinion regarding Rupert , so the star spangled banner will envelope his very being and starve him of oxygen to the point of financial death.........WOOPIE I hope you are correct.

Anagnorisis , isn't going to happen at Leveson ha ha no way . I know the American judiciary would have been much harder on him for sure.

Murdochs sociopathic compulsive disorder is what drives his very being and Jnr is no better , the same attribute that drove Maxwell.

Power consumes and corrupts , history shows everyone this fact.
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 pm

"Every man over forty is a scoundrel."
George Bernard Shaw
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:23 am

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 3 Dominos_CoolClips_vc030013

Cameron < Hunt < Smith < PUSH
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 am

The Dirty Digger is unlikely to have changed. His appearance at the Leveson enquiry was carefully rehearsed and choreographed to suggest a defeated man who really didn't deserve to be kicked while he was down.

I'd guess a few scores remain to be settled in the fulness of time.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:27 am

I believe that Murdoch is all that some have some have said, and I also believe we will in the forseeable future be thanking this lowlife pond slime. We all remember the “We Did It” headline in the Sun, when he claimed winning the Election for the Bitch Thatcher was down to him. Now he will be able to use it again when he single headedly brings this Government down.
He was (emphasis on the WAS) a good friend of Herr Cameron (Whilst he could use him), but will now see Herr Cameron as the Man that turned on him and allowed/assisted in his downfall. When Herr Cameron felt threatened he simply did what he usually does and finds someone else to blame and a scapegoat for his own failings. In this matter he was left in no position other than to either stand by his ministers or Murdoch, but Herr Cameron not being able to think things through forgot that despite Murdoch’s age he can afford good dentistry and is more than able to bite back. The Man has lost all of his aspirations in the UK, and is in a position where he has nothing else to loose, I personally don’t think he will step off into UK oblivion without leaving a trail of bodies behind him, and if one of those bodies is that of Herr Cameron EX Prime minister of Britain, no one will jump for joy higher than me, it’s a shame it wont be before the Olympics as I would surely win the high jump competition.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm

bobby

Excellent post - very incisive; could not agree more!

Oh what a tangled web we are seeing unfolding before us - what secrets shall be unfurled to increase this pool of infamy that bleeds like oil around the feet of justice! Question

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 pm

I understand Hunt will give Leveson emails and texts he sent to aide and News Corp execs about bid.

The question is why the delay and why wait for Leverson to fit him in?
Labour have requested the emails and texts to be made public so why the delay?
I suspect that this will give time for Hunt to sort out and erase anything that is damaging to him and especially Camer-con and Gideon. The only way to obtain the whole truth is for Hunt's mobile phone and his PC to be inspected by experts. This of course will not happen and therefore the whole issue of what was said becomes null and void as far as I am concerned.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:26 pm

Why has Hunt not been suspended from work?

If this had happened in the NHS or other public sector work place he would have been told to get his coat and escorted off the premises........And told not to contact anyone who works there....

Why has Camoron not agreed to an investigation by the Standards In Public Life supremo?

What is he afraid of?

astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Mel and Astradt1

This affair is one almighty cover-up, and yet it extravagantly illustrates and therefore incriminates Cameron as an unsuitable man for the job of PM.

To attempt an oh so public cover-up is tantamount to professional suicide since it flies directly and monumentally in the face of common sense!

Cameron's capricious hubris is the very essence of stupidity in that a man with the most important managerial role in the UK cannot even function without allowing his cronyism from dominating his thinking?

This has become the most outrageous theatre of the absurd - a crowning achievement of ineptitude and the glaring evidence of stubborn incompetence over logic and rational thinking. It really does beggar belief and will go down in political history as the writing on the wall, the boots on the table and the die being irrevocably cast! The ides of March have been read - the gods are angry and they will have their vengeance.

We shall see this absurd pantomime of grotesque and bizarre political melodrama continue until finally the fat lady starts singing like a fxcking canary! :affraid:

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Quite unfortunate that the last two Tory Ministers to come under a spotlight over their Advisers should be 'Fox' and 'Hunt' . Is this some sort of subliminal game...?
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Murdoch, News International and BSkyB are merely the visible part of a caucus of interested-parties that influences the conduct of government. The notion of MPs as "Representatives of the People" is now well and truly exposed as a polite fiction.

The proportion of people willing to use some of their time to vote appears to shrink visibly at each election, and who can be surprised?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Sad Wink

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Murdoch, News International and BSkyB are merely the visible part of a caucus of interested-parties that influences the conduct of government. The notion of MPs as "Representatives of the People" is now well and truly exposed as a polite fiction.

The proportion of people willing to use some of their time to vote appears to shrink visibly at each election, and who can be surprised?

Spot on!
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Quite unfortunate that the last two Tory Ministers to come under a spotlight over their Advisers should be 'Fox' and 'Hunt' . Is this some sort of subliminal game...?

You could have put your finger on a creepy fact PH.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Redflag wrote:
Phil Hornby wrote:Quite unfortunate that the last two Tory Ministers to come under a spotlight over their Advisers should be 'Fox' and 'Hunt' . Is this some sort of subliminal game...?

You could have put your finger on a creepy fact PH.

Hopefully there are no tory ministers called "repeal" Wink
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:18 am

bobby wrote:I believe that Murdoch is all that some have some have said, and I also believe we will in the forseeable future be thanking this lowlife pond slime. We all remember the “We Did It” headline in the Sun, when he claimed winning the Election for the Bitch Thatcher was down to him. Now he will be able to use it again when he single headedly brings this Government down.
He was (emphasis on the WAS) a good friend of Herr Cameron (Whilst he could use him), but will now see Herr Cameron as the Man that turned on him and allowed/assisted in his downfall. When Herr Cameron felt threatened he simply did what he usually does and finds someone else to blame and a scapegoat for his own failings. In this matter he was left in no position other than to either stand by his ministers or Murdoch, but Herr Cameron not being able to think things through forgot that despite Murdoch’s age he can afford good dentistry and is more than able to bite back. The Man has lost all of his aspirations in the UK, and is in a position where he has nothing else to loose, I personally don’t think he will step off into UK oblivion without leaving a trail of bodies behind him, and if one of those bodies is that of Herr Cameron EX Prime minister of Britain, no one will jump for joy higher than me, it’s a shame it wont be before the Olympics as I would surely win the high jump competition.

Hi bobby Murdoch has one thing left to loose his 39% of BSKYB, which I think OFFCOM will force him to sell and that will really get his back up so Scam..er..on and his cohorts better watch out he will not be very happy and will really open the door to what was going on as his last act in the UK. You would get my vote to winning the high jump at the Olympics bobby.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 am

This mornings news paper, a picture of David Cameron looked just like Stan Laurel, it's a pity though, he behaves a bit like Oliver Hardy. Because he is giving Teressa May, Hunt, George Osborne a dirty look and saying, that's another fine mess you have got me into.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:52 am

Poor little lonesome pine! Razz Or was that loathsome? Twisted Evil
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:00 am

The trouble with Cameron and his cronies, they are not as funny as Laurel and Hardy. Lonesome Pine, next election they will feel lonelier than the Lonesome Pine. There will be a big cavity in Parliament where the Conservatives usually sit.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:06 am

By-elections and local elections are frequently influenced by the Protest Vote.

But will all the Protestors bother to get out of bed next Thursday?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:10 am

'Labour must decide – is this government useless or evil?'

Extracts from an article by Jonathan Freedland:-

Before taking office, he (Hunt) was happy to be called a "cheerleader" for the magnate; once installed in office he shocked his officials by ending a meeting on the government's plans for broadcasting with the words, "Now, I must just see what James (Murdoch) thinks about all this."

This was a sustained pattern of contact – filling 163 pages with emails and texts, stretching over six months – relating to one of the core issues before the department. A former occupant of Hunt's office says it's "totally inconceivable" that the secretary of state did not know and approve of what Smith was up to.

Jeremy Hunt rather usefully personifies the debate that cruder types might abbreviate as "useless or evil". Either he did not know what his special adviser was doing and saying in his name – in which case he's pretty useless – or he was, as it were, the invisible hand behind Adam Smith, in which case he was as bent as a judge who funnels help, advice and inside information to one side in a court case. Those are Hunt's options: to plead that he cocked up mightily and allowed his closest aide to go rogue or that he was party to a conspiracy to rig a quasi-judicial process – a conspiracy that, as it happens, cocked up. Whichever option you choose, useless or evil, neither is compatible with Hunt remaining in his post.

For the full article and reader responses:-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/27/labour-decide-government-useless-evil?CMP=twt_gu

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:30 am

Camer-con should now refer this matter immediately to the Independent Adviser on Ministers' Interests and not wait whilst Hunt hides behind the delay in his date to attend the Leverson Inquiry.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 am

The big question that won't be answered is whether The Mother of Parliaments is in any way what might be described as honest and impartial.

Is Murdoch the ONLY powerful man to have influenced Government actions?

Is every other Minister apart from Cameron and Osborne as pure as the driven snow?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:41 pm

AwfullTruth said: We are witnessing the fall of the house of the Tories; never ever again will the Tory party get into power.

What I think we will see is the Tory Party Turn on Herr Cameron, but not until he and his Pratt Chancellor Gideon has pushed through as much of their Ideological policies as they possibly can in the time left. Then they will to a Man and Woman stab the bastards in the back and do their utmost to then convince the voting public that it was all down to Herr Cameron and his cascade of shit. The rest will of course be squeaky clean as we lead up the next General Election.

All of those that will stab the git in the back ultimately want the policies put forward by their leaders, but will say he lost touch with the people, whereas we haven’t. Just look at us now we have gotten rid of the evil Cameron, so vote for us. You know what, there are still plenty of Tory sycophants out there who will be taken in by the backstabbers and give their vote to them again.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:05 pm

It's been estimated that about 10% of Germans still supported Hitler in April 1945 as their country lay in ruins. Earlier this week, I heard part of a programme in which some people in Liberia said that they would vote for Charles Taylor even though he had killed their relatives. By comparison, paying more VAT, losing your home, job or benefit, and even having your NHS destroyed, are not reasons to stop voting mindlessly for these corrupt Tories if that's what takes your fancy.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Of course, Ivan, but interestingly enough in the town where I live there is a large bronze statue of an allegedly patricidal and psychopathic man, who almost wiped out half the population of England due to his Puritan and dogmatic power grabbing. He also smashed and destroyed or defaced a massive number of buildings across the land.

His name is Oliver Cromwell and even today many think he was a truly great man whilst others deem him to occupy the same plinth as Stalin, Hitler, the Black Prince, Mussolini and Napoleon: men of violence, mayhem and psychopathic compulsions.

I am of the latter camp, and I hope that one day his grotesque statue will be melted down and used for something a little more edifying.

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:38 pm

I think voting toerag has summat to do with whether you're naturally a lover or a hater, Ivan. It has summat to do with arrogance and superiority as well as knowing what's best for everyone and that comes out of arrogance too. It's a mindset that lacks any kind of empathy or social conscience. I know so many poor people who are tories, now that one I can't quite figure out. Also, tuppenny hapenny millionaires are prone to be tory, we're back to that superiority thing again. Basically, they're into man mind thyself, and stuff everyone else. My Dad is a tory (he turned away from labour as he hated blair and brown) he then brainwashed my two sisters and brother into voting tory as well. I can't ever forgive him for this and our relationship as father and daughter has almost totally broken down. And after doing all that he now thinks Cameron is a wanker! Before my dad turned tory, the thing I noticed the most was the fact that he became very bitter and filled with mainly hatred, everything is crap according to him. Then there was his soiree into singing the praises of the BNP, but I'd rather not talk about that as it nearly ended with me crowning him with a saucepan! Sad
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 3 Empty Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by Ivan Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Here we have a journalist on each side of the political spectrum speculating on whether the Murdoch scandal could hasten the end of Cameron’s evil regime.

Polly Toynbee writes:-

Could this scandal bring down the government? That's not entirely fanciful. But even if not, their every step will be hobbled through to the next election, stifling any high-flown protestations of political virtue. Bang to rights, in Andy Coulson, David Cameron imported into the heart of his operation an agent still in the pay of a powerful political and commercial manipulator. The cascade of revelations of the intimacy between the Cameron entourage and the Murdoch empire saps the government's authority. That's the "shadow of sleaze".

Cover-ups unravelling is what sees heads rolling. The picture emerges of a party deciding long before coming to power to gift Rupert Murdoch a media and cultural dominance beyond anything seen yet. So much is known already: Cameron made a hasty speech threatening Ofcom with the chop. Jeremy Hunt rejected Ofcom's advice to refer the BSkyB bid to the Competition Commission. Cameron was completing what Margaret Thatcher began – and all for what? Fickle support from Murdoch's press.

The story has never changed. ‘The Guardian’ and a few others have written it time and again, ever since Thatcher first broke every rule, twisted every regulation and bent EU law to give Murdoch a newspaper and television dominance unthinkable in the US or most countries.

For the full article:-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/26/murdoch-cameron-shameful-tale?CMP=twt_gu

Peter Oborne writes:-

20 years ago Murdoch’s ‘The Sun’ was credited with destroying the election chances of Neil Kinnock. Now it is possible that the Murdoch scandal will wreck the career of a sitting Conservative Prime Minister.

There is emerging circumstantial evidence that the Cameron government entered into what looks suspiciously like a ‘Grand Bargain’ with Murdoch before the last election. It may have gone like this: the Murdoch press would throw its weight behind the Conservatives in the 2010 general election, and in return the Conservatives would back known Murdoch policy objectives.

As the election approached, the Conservatives started to throw their weight behind a number of News International policy objectives. In August 2009, Rupert Murdoch’s son James launched an attack on the BBC (Murdoch’s greatest commercial rival) in a speech at the Edinburgh Festival. A few days later, Jeremy Hunt wrote an article for ‘The Sun’ calling for the licence fee to be frozen and demanding that the BBC cut back on its commercial activities.

Rupert and James Murdoch resented the way that the media regulator Ofcom interfered in their business. In July 2009, Cameron announced that the Conservatives would abolish Ofcom on winning power.

The most lethal evidence concerns Conservative Party support for Rupert Murdoch’s third key commercial objective: the takeover of BSkyB, announced in June 2010. The publication of 165 pages of internal News Corporation text messages and emails suggest that the Cameron government did not play the role of impartial arbiter as the takeover proceeded. They suggest that Hunt took sides, going out of his way to provide News International with support, private information and advice.

For the full article:-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/9226292/Will-Rupert-and-James-Murdoch-topple-David-Cameron.html
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:17 pm

" In August 2009, Rupert Murdoch’s son James launched an attack on the BBC (Murdoch’s greatest commercial rival) in a speech at the Edinburgh Festival. A few days later, Jeremy Hunt wrote an article for ‘The Sun’ calling for the licence fee to be frozen and demanding that the BBC cut back on its commercial activities.

Rupert and James Murdoch resented the way that the media regulator Ofcom interfered in their business. In July 2009, Cameron announced that the Conservatives would abolish Ofcom on winning power."

How could anyone now argue that Mr. Hunt might have "acted innapropriately himself."

http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstory.php/35956/jeremy-hunt-defends-handling-of-bskyb-bid

Topical Edit: At this precise moment (19.15 Saturday 28 April) the BBC Radio 4 is broadcasting a balanced and impartial hatchet-job on The Minister. As usual, a recording will be available for seven days.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Adele Quote "My Dad is a tory (he turned away from labour as he hated blair and brown) he then brainwashed my two sisters and brother into voting tory as well."

Your Dad unfortunately has got what he deserves like many others who were misguided and brainwashed by a very anti Labour press/media.
Remember the incessant drubbing of Brown day in day out?

I say forgive them for they know not what they do.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:03 pm

I wish I could! I really do Mel. I can't forgive the kind of person he turned into to be able to vote the way he did. Crying or Very sad
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Well Adele at least he failed to brainwash you. He did something right in producing you and what a good job he did of that. Smile
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:19 pm

He wouldn't have even dared to try to...my colours have been very firmly nailed to the mast since I was 16! Wink
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next