Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'?

+10
blueturando
Ivan
oftenwrong
Redflag
astradt1
bobby
Tosh
Adele Carlyon
Phil Hornby
sickchip
14 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 5 Empty Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'?

Post by sickchip Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

In recent times Tories have been branded as being arrogant posh boys out of their depth. Andrew Mitchell's recent confrontation with a policeman, and the comments he allegedly made, seem to bear this out - despite Cameron's desperate attempts to rescue the Tories image from being tarnished by the occasion.

Their policies, and particularly those they target/punish via cutbacks, seem to bear the notion of class elitism out. They persistently punish the poor, and most vulnerable, with no regard for the hardship and impossible circumstances they place them in - on the other hand they continue rewarding the rich with ever more opportunities to avoid tax, get richer, etc.

It is the Tories who are responsible for waging a 'class war'.

Mitchell's outburst should not be dismissed as a 'fit of pique', temper, etc.......it was the mask slipping to reveal the odious nature of those currently governing us.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'?

Post by boatlady Mon May 06, 2013 9:10 pm

God still loves you if you swear, I'm sure

boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'?

Post by skwalker1964 Tue May 07, 2013 1:40 am

One of my favourite moments in church ever was when a young woman from one of the rougher parts of town who had just become a Christian got up at the front and said, loudly,

'I f***in' love Jesus, me!'

I'm sure he was as delighted as we all were - and probably laughing even harder.
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

http://skwalker1964.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 07, 2013 10:59 am

boatlady wrote:God still loves you if you swear, I'm sure

I always say "I'm Very Sorry" afterwards boatlady so hope he hears me.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Tue May 07, 2013 5:23 pm

It's what's in your heart that matters, I think
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 07, 2013 5:40 pm

boatlady wrote:It's what's in your heart that matters, I think

That is funny boatlady that is something my Mum used to say to me, its not what is on the outside its what is in the heart that counts.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Tue May 07, 2013 8:12 pm

And I do think that's true - have met ever so many 'Christians' that go to Church, never swear, give to charity and just plain hate their fellow man - many Conservatives, I believe, consider themselves good Christians, but never turn a hair at the doings of this wicked government.
A bit of cursing stands very low in the scale of wickedness
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Yes, it's strange how some people can agree with "love your neighbour as you love yourself" for an hour or two on a Sunday morning, then support a party which tries to turn you against your neighbour (especially if his or her curtains are drawn when you go to work) for the rest of the week.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 am

Ivan wrote:Yes, it's strange how some people can agree with "love your neighbour as you love yourself" for an hour or two on a Sunday morning, then support a party which tries to turn you against your neighbour (especially if his or her curtains are drawn when you go to work) for the rest of the week.

I know plenty like that Ivan for just an hour on Sundays they are Christians and as soon as they are out of church they behave like the Devils own.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:11 pm

From 'Spitting Image', 24 November 1991. Nothing really changes, does it?  No 

"Not all Conservatives are stupid people, but most stupid people are Conservatives." (John Stuart Mill)
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:50 pm

IVAN after watching video I would say "Bring Back Spitting Images" There is a video on U-Tube of Tony Benn speaking in the HOC from the 80s and you could swear blind he was speaking in 2014, because the problems is exactly what we have today it makes me think that Scameron went into Thatchers papers to get policies because none of them have a brain cell, in fact I think if you rub two MPs head together you would not even get a spark.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:05 pm

A common misapprehension is to assume that our elected representatives act only in our interests when they find themselves in Parliament.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Plus ca change ---
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:46 pm

Is it time that we closed down institutions which are radicalising our youth? scratch

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 5 BwejgahIEAA-Huo
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwejgahIEAA-Huo.jpg
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 am

IVAN One Thousand YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:18 pm

lol!
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 pm

The Tory Party must be regarded as a principal component of what may be called "The Establishment", i.e the faceless people who actually control Britain's Destiny - as they have for hundreds of years, as their personal weapon against commoners.

Until recently, the Tory Right have regarded "The Police" as their principal weapon against the rabble, but seem to have lost the plot in that respect. Unsurprisingly, there is no longer absolute trust and understanding between those two elements.

Who can forecast the eventual outcome?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:01 pm

I would like to think the police men/women will not be voting Tory in May 2015 OW, along with the men/women in our armed forces or any of the NHS staff the sick disabled or any of the public sector.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Theresa May's latest spiffing weeze is to amalgamate the three main security services, Police, Fire and Ambulance.

The Tories are tearing themselves to pieces as we watch, though nothing has been said so far about any incorporation of super-heroes from Marvel comics.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5