Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

+29
polyglide
woolyback
Heretic
Redflag
trevorw2539
starlight07
Beth fph
skwalker1964
Adele Carlyon
boatlady
Jsmythe
Charlatan
Stox 16
blueturando
whitbyforklift
Ivan
witchfinder
Shirina
jackthelad
Phil Hornby
jstnay
sickchip
keenobserver1
oftenwrong
astra
dimsum
atv
bobby
True Blue
33 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Page 4 Empty Favorite Christmas music

Post by Marshabar Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Page 4 Christmas-wallpaper

I think this is a very beautiful version of Carol of the Bells . . .

Such a beautiful season, I just wish we had snow, the old fashioned fluffy stuff that stays around for a while making the world quiet and bright.
Anonymous
Marshabar

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Page 4 Empty Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Post by boatlady Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Compliments of the Season to all and lets hope 2017 proves to be a much happier year all round santa rendeer sunny

boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Page 4 Empty Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Yes- all the best to those on these threads for the Festive Season - not least the currently suffering Ivan...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi all

Hope you have a Great Christmas..........We have our son home from hospital for the first time since 20th Sept....So it should be a happier time for us......
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:27 am

So pleased for you astradt1! Have a happy time together...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:32 am

So here we are - brave survivors of another British Christmas, which happen every year though this one seems to have been unusually prolonged. As were reports of the death of a sad little popstar which completely filled Boxing-Day pages and wavelengths. The Big Day had been as usual deja vu all over again. "The family came to us" this year, complete with tiny tots whose names I can't remember and who usually look around for the safety of Mummy if I do speak to them. They'll be sorry for their poor communication skills when they're famous and asked to do one of those telly ancestors programmes!

The lady wife of course prepared a Christmas Dinner big enough to shame that Bible story about feeding of the five thousand, and will provide leftovers well into Lent. Appetite was sharpened by its late arrival to about four hours after we'd almost lost expectation. A highlight was taking the turkey out of the baking-tin "to rest" while a gravy was to have been prepared, only to transfer the entire kit and caboodle onto the kitchen floor. I'm assured this is traditional. In the true spirit of Christmas we had also invited Mrs NextDoor to share our festive table, and I think I saw sparks coming off her knife and fork to begin with. After saying absolutely nothing during the meal, she then monopolised conversation with stories concerning people none of us knew. But our conscience is clear.

Perhaps you saw that Tesco advert where people have a post-it note attached to their foreheads bearing the name of a famous personality, and they have to try and guess who they are meant to be. I can think of endless variations upon that notion, and may explore them next Christmas, when it will be we who "go to them".

Oh! and incidentally, your bin-men now know which of their clients are alcoholics. Unless you are by nature devious, and patronise the bottle-banks. (as do we.)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:43 am

So - it all went pretty well then...?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzRp1OqCrv9-P7nDKcRYCE4FczM136C75juaXAe2-AHTmAAkVy(bbc)
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:33 pm

All the best for 2017 to all who post here.

I'm sure 2017 will be just as crazy as 2016 with regards to politics, news, and events.......and I don't think we'll have much to celebrate at the end of 2017.

However, I wish you all well in your personal lives and endeavours. x
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks, sickchip - have as good a year as you can...!
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:36 pm

Hope you all have a better 2017 than 2016 has been....

My son was finally discharged from hospital today, so we hope for a much better year than the last one.
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by moonbeam Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:07 am

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
moonbeam
moonbeam
Administrator (Security & Presentation)

http://notmsnmoney.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:29 am

Brilliant news about your son, Astradt 1 - hope his recovery continues apace this year and that 2017 proves a good year for all
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:36 pm

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:38 am

Happy Christmas for the final time to all on Cutting Edge - let's all hope Ivan's prediction comes about in 2018.
Have a lovely peaceful break and a healthy, fulfilled and happy 2018
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Yep - best wishes to all!
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:44 pm

"Let's be careful out there" is still a useful enjoinder when Christmas and New Year have pitched us head-first into 2018. One hundred years after The War to end all Wars.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4