Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the Tories are in power, it must be private!

+19
vappuk
Shirina
Boudica
jackthelad
Tosh
sickchip
Stox 16
astradt1
Mel
bobby
tlttf
blueturando
trevorw2539
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
astra
witchfinder
Ivanhoe
Redflag
23 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

If the Tories are in power, it must be private! - Page 3 Empty If the Tories are in power, it must be private!

Post by Redflag Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Before May 2010 Cameron said that the N.H.S "is safe in my hands."  No it's not because he is a tory! These plans had been drawn long before he came into power he knew that he would hive off a chunk of our N.H.S to the private sector.   After the voting public turf him and his cohorts out in 2015 or earlier...      IS THERE A DIRECTORS JOB IN THE OFFING?

His next target was the Great British Bobby, our police force bringing in the private security companies to do back room work, and light policing.  After sacking the original back room staff, did he not realize that someone has to do the paperwork so that the police can do their job out on the streets, preventing crime and catching criminals?  Or is this an attempt to create:                  JOBS FOR THE BOYS

This week it's the motorways, now cars, vans and lorries are not just having to pay their road tax in the coming months and years.   There will be motor way tolls. When Ken Livingstone introduced the congestion charges for London the conservatives went for blood, however now we are just expected to smile sweetly and say nothing of these charges that are to be introduced by the tories!   !nn! !nn! If you use these private motor ways with the price of petrol and diesel rising the only people that will be able to afford to travel by these roads will be the top 1% of the UK.     In other words the filthy rich financial sector, is this what he intended to make sure that he put road travel out of the reach of the other  99% of the UK public?   Is this another way of putting motorway tailbacks so that him and his cohorts can sail up and down the motorways without having to deal with us (plebs) getting in their way? 

WHAT IS THE KICKBACK FOR THIS?

When the Education Minister (Mr Gove) decided to bring in Academy and Free Schools as his pet project there was a promise of "No Council Interference" until some of the Academies failed and then the Councils where told clear up his mess.   Now another round of casualties have been racked up with the tory party practice of elitist snobbery, students that are not seen to perform to the expected targets  are been shipped out to f.e. Colleges to complete their studies. 

PREPARING  FUTURE  GENERATION AS UP AND COMING TORY VOTERS
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

If the Tories are in power, it must be private! - Page 3 Empty Re: If the Tories are in power, it must be private!

Post by oftenwrong Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:31 pm

It's true, we are all in it together. That is, those of us comprising the 90% of the population who are not among the top earners.

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

If the Tories are in power, it must be private! - Page 3 Empty Re: If the Tories are in power, it must be private!

Post by Redflag Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
tlttf wrote:millions more people taken out from having to pay tax, companies relocating to the Uk because of the lower capital gains tax, the very rich deciding it's cheaper to pay their tax rather than avoid it, new jobs coming onto the market, higher taxes for the very rich wishing to buy homes over £2million. Yup now it's settled down there hasn't been any real losers.

""millions more people taken out from having to pay tax""

What good are tax cuts to people being thrown out of work due to Cameron eroding the role of the State ?

You havent got a clue.

I have just worked out the so called of lifting out of the tax bracket those earning £9,205 per year, and that includes people doing unsocialable hours or working 5 days over 7 so i would say to the L/Ds you have FCUK ALL to crow about.

Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:30 pm

I see I touched a nerve Land. Your debating skills are so poor, all you can do is show your true self by having to revert to the foul insulting words used by those of low interllect, who are unable to express themselves properly.
Still never mind lack of brains and a foul mouth has not hindered you making lots of money.
No doubt luck or inheritance must have played a great part.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
tlttf wrote:millions more people taken out from having to pay tax, companies relocating to the Uk because of the lower capital gains tax, the very rich deciding it's cheaper to pay their tax rather than avoid it, new jobs coming onto the market, higher taxes for the very rich wishing to buy homes over £2million. Yup now it's settled down there hasn't been any real losers.

""millions more people taken out from having to pay tax""

What good are tax cuts to people being thrown out of work due to Cameron eroding the role of the State ?

You havent got a clue.

And what ever benefit they get from the raising of the tax allowance this Gov't will take it back with petrol gas and electric going up and another increase due in August, so we will be worse off and the Tories and L/Ds know this but the Millionaires got a better deal, so lets send them both a message that is loud and clear via the Ballot Box in the local and Mayoral elections in May.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:44 pm

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

We must all become millionaires. Sorted!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:39 pm

by tlttf Today at 9:57 am

millions more people taken out from having to pay tax, companies relocating to the Uk because of the lower capital gains tax, the very rich deciding it's cheaper to pay their tax rather than avoid it, new jobs coming onto the market, higher taxes for the very rich wishing to buy homes over £2million. Yup now it's settled down there hasn't been any real losers.

I don't know what it's like on Mars, but down here on earth I've worked out that with the pension rise, balanced by the price rises due in April of Water and Sewage, Rent, Council tax, petrol, food price rises, I shall be the princely sum --£3 'better' off. And I'm by no means the worst. Take into account I have to buy non-gluten foods which are extortionately priced I'm very ............erm, very .......erm 'Discumnockerated' - as Ken Dodd would say:(

Last edited by trevorw2539 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : colour emphasis)
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Trevor, Do you perchance bake yer own bread?

Friends and relatives have had to go "Gluten Free" and as they are such nice people, Mrs A decided we should join them!

Also, there ARE benefits, I can hear our Tory friends screaming Very Happy

Ask around, they are also for diabetics, whose diets are also expensive to follow.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Bland statements like 'Millions being taken out from having to pay tax' mean nothing....With the records kept by HMRC they should be able to give an exact figure but then again being vague is what teh Tories are all about.......

I wnoder how many 2 million pound homes are sold each year?

At least one leading Tory has already said the the island he owns is not worth 2 Million!!!!

I notice that Land has not said anything about the approx 300,000 workers who have now been dragged into the 40% tax bracket, or are thye not losers Land?

To make the claim that by cutting the 50% rate to 45% will mean that more will pay their due taxes is naive at best if they are avioding paying 50% they will surely also be avoiding paying 40% so there is no chance they will pay 45%.........

astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:37 pm

astra wrote:Trevor, Do you perchance bake yer own bread?

Friends and relatives have had to go "Gluten Free" and as they are such nice people, Mrs A decided we should join them!

Also, there ARE benefits, I can hear our Tory friends screaming Very Happy

Ask around, they are also for diabetics, whose diets are also expensive to follow.

Astra. Thanks. Didn't know about benefits. Gluten free bread, in the main, is awful. I've found that Warburtons (wonder if I get advertising bonus) do a small brown loaf, and currant loaf, that are edible. Unfortunately they're around £2.40 a small loaf. Three times normal bread. Thank heavens for the food we can eat. Miss the cream cakes though - made with wheat flour.Sad
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Look on Google for Gluten Free bread recipes, I think you will be surprised.

Also, the SMELL of fresh bread is just, well, just bounce
EDIT

Most of the supermarkets are doing their own Gluten Free Flour, and a bit cheaper than the Wright's etc Have a look.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:17 pm

by astra Today at 9:47 pm

Look on Google for Gluten Free bread recipes, I think you will be surprised.

Also, the SMELL of fresh bread is just, well, just bounce
EDIT

Most of the supermarkets are doing their own Gluten Free Flour, and a bit cheaper than the Wright's etc Have a look.

Thanks. May give it a try but all I'm good at cooking are rock cakes. Mostly unintentionally. Crying or Very sad
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:29 pm

It's practice, you'll get it right in the end!

It's what mother nature and evolution have been doing!!

Whoops am I on the right thread?

Priest
What is that you have in your hand Boy? the Staff of Life??

Wee Boy
Loaf of bread in one hand, his other hand in his pocket playing with his willy.

The lad looks around and down and innocently answers the Priest in that ALL Knowing voice, "NAH!, It's a loaf of effin' bread!"
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Astra.

Whoops am I on the right thread?

Nah, Alcoholsh on ##hic ## anuzzer fread:scratch:

Ooops. Nurse. Tablet time,and change the pads on the ward wall. I'm getting a headache. Shocked

Don't forget the clocks tonight. Don't want you all sitting for an hour in the pew before the service starts tomorrow.Laughing
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:24 am

Ivanhoe. My remark about not wanting you to join the Labour party was aimed at the Tory Blueturando, not yourself..

Dont worry Bobby, that would never happen......never in a million years!!!!

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 am

astra wrote:Having retired early on ill health (for which I must be punished) nothing is even modestly helping me financially. Coupled to the no intrest on savings, it is my savings that are going down at an alarming rate. I saved when I was working for that little extra, NOT to help two self serving Governments and 3 clueless political parties out of their own befuddled mess.
It is as if them in Westminster now have their eyes fixed on the revenue locked up in my house!

Hi astra have you heard the CEO of Greggs the bakers is taking Scam..er..on and Ozzy to Court over the VAT there trying to put on there hot food apparently Maggie tried it in the 1980s and lost do you remember anything about this we are about the same age but I (stupid me) was not interested in politics.

Did you also see that a fund raiser for the Tory party has been caught selling Scam..er..on for Donations to the Tory party coffers have the Financial sector turned against the Tories or is it there just getting GREEDIER?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:26 am

Conservative Party co-treasurer has Peter Cruddas said he has resigned after being filmed apparently offering access to Prime Minister David Cameron in return for donations of £250,000 a year.

The senior Tory fundraiser told undercover reporters pretending to be business representatives that "things will open up for you" if they donated that amount of money to the Tories

Yeah disgusting innit!
Of the Greggs, I'll scratch around, sounds intresting. ~A few of the "Office Wallahs" live around here, so I'll kick their shins when they walk their dogs Smile

Obviously, it is Clyde who takes ME for a walk!
EDIT

IT sounds to me much like the old argument over whether a "Jaffa Cake", is a cake or in fact a biscuit. One is VAT chargable, the other not.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:19 pm

To be published any time now:

The HMRC recipe book for Bread Cakes and Pastries.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:11 pm

by oftenwrong Today at 12:19 pm

Take 10 Tories , 3 Lib/Dems and mix with the thought of money. Leave to stand. Then add 6 Bankers, 5 millionaires and a pinch of duplicity for flavour. Stir thoroughly to ensure smooth talking mixture.
Put in oven for 5 years.

For bigger 'cakes' multiply ingredients.

The result is great to look at - but inedible. Unless you happen to be on the Blue side.

with thanks to oftenwrong's book.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:19 pm

trevorw2539 wrote:by oftenwrong Today at 12:19 pm

Take 10 Tories , 3 Lib/Dems and mix with the thought of money. Leave to stand. Then add 6 Bankers, 5 millionaires and a pinch of duplicity for flavour. Stir thoroughly to ensure smooth talking mixture.
Put in oven for 5 years.

For bigger 'cakes' multiply ingredients.

The result is great to look at - but inedible. Unless you happen to be on the Blue side.

with thanks to oftenwrong's book.

Good post trevor and it sounds just like the Yellow and blue Tories, what do you make of the cash for access to Scam..er..on
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:25 pm

what do you make of the cash for access to Scam..er..on .
Hello Redflag. Whilst it appears that the Tories have now privatised the air around Cameron, requiring the payment of cash just to be able to breathe in the same room as him, I would suggest you might like to discuss that topic here:-
https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t158-is-this-another-tory-scandal-brewing
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:02 pm

RedFlag quote.

Good post trevor and it sounds just like the Yellow and blue Tories, what do you make of the cash for access to Scam..er..on

The whole thing is symptomatic of the malaise that enters politicians when they enter Parliament. Blimey that sounds good.Laughing

Seriously. Anyone who knows politics, like the posters on here, knows that this sort of activity goes on. Look at all the 'revelations' down the years, from prostitutes to - well you name it.

This is disgusting. What is says to me that there are people who have no regard for decent/proper behaviour. It is appropriate that the man has resigned, though he should have been suspended immediately, and not left the 'get-out' of resigning.

I note that the Tory's have denied any knowledge of the matter.

The Labour Party is demanding a Public enquiry. I am not in favour of all these 'public enquiries' demanded by all sides. Many 'events' could be investigated without the need of expensive inquiries, and the money used elsewhere. Sure there are events like the inquiry into the Press that need Public Inquiries. So be it.

Whatever did he think he was doing. He must be very naive after all these types of 'Press' exposures we have had in the past few years.

Human nature is the problem. Believe it or not, most people will try it on in one way or another. But whatever did he think he was doing?

Silly little things like not telling the sales assistant the she has given you (not personal) £5/£1 too much change.

Or telling the Police someone else was driving, when they really were.Smile

We need to know what happened, and why. But will we stop it. No.Crying or Very sad

Unless we have a Theocracy. Er perhaps not even then.Rolling Eyes
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:53 am

Regarding this cash for access . What I cant get my head round is why Cruddus made the offer to the planted Times snoop. I gather the money if paid would go into Tory party funds, with not a penny piece going into the pocket of Cruddus himself, unless of course he get a back hander, why would he offer access to the Prime minister Herr Cameron, if access wasn’t possible, and if it was/is possible, Herr Cameron must know about it. “No I didn’t ride the horse, Ok yes I did then, I didn’t know about cash for access, Ok yes I do“. This creature is so duplicitous how are we normal people to know where Herr Cameron’s word begins and the lie ends.
Why is Herr Cameron only offering an internal enquiry, when such goings on demand a public enquiry. Lets face it, it means that people who are willing to pay can get personal Access to Britain’s prime decision maker, and the office of Prime Minister is being used for the Tory’s own ends.

This clearly shows what type of people they have in the Conservative party, and lets be honest it’s the type of person they always have had in that filthy corrupt political party. Is this just another show of their sheer arrogance or are they really that stupid to think they would get away with such monumental sleaze. I know what I think, what is you opinions.

Lets hope Labour make as much of this as the Tory shits would make of it if the rolls where reversed.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Ivan wrote:
what do you make of the cash for access to Scam..er..on .
Hello Redflag. Whilst it appears that the Tories have now privatised the air around Cameron, requiring the payment of cash just to be able to breathe in the same room as him, I would suggest you might like to discuss that topic here:-
https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t158-is-this-another-tory-scandal-brewing

Already have Ivan thank you.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:48 pm

I know of women in the town nearby who asked for 'cash for access'. But, strangely, the Police arrested them... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

The Blair government of 1997 was elected largely because of public disgust with Tory Sleaze.

Why did ANYONE imagine two years ago that anything had changed?

Man is the only animal that trips over the same rock twice.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:10 pm

by Phil Hornby Today at 2:48 pm

I know of women in the town nearby who asked for 'cash for access'. But, strangely, the Police arrested them... Very Happy

Did they go through a red light di... eerrm.............. Perhaps not
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Why did the chicken cross the road ........?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Hang on , I think I know this one. Was it to go to the cinema to see Gregory Peck...?
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:54 pm

by oftenwrong Today at 7:07 pm

Why did the chicken cross the road ........?

Alternatively: to avoid the Kentucky Fried takeaway:shock:
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 pm

The HMRC recipe book for Bread Cakes and Pastries

Maybe they should take a look at Cameron's Hot Cross Bungs...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Thank God we've got a sense of humour.

Anyone noticed that the Government are in talks with a M.E. oil state to sell off a large part of RBS

Or that the Taliban are claiming that one of their men, a soldier in the Afghanistan Army killed another of our soldiers. A policeman killed another of our soldiers. And who says the Taliban are finished. What a mess. Sad
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:47 pm

I think the parents are to blame for everything.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:38 am

An Easy Mistake to Make

If the Tories are in power, it must be private! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhd1BjPpMiHEqt93_O_NtCisDpEaRgKmRluNsyyJR5pE__nOE5_w(bbc.co.uk)

" ...and so you should have seen his face when we met at Number 10 for chess and he thought I shouted "Cheque, mate...!"..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:56 am

.... and then Vince Cable "declared war" on Murdoch, but nothing's come of it.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:32 pm

The Blair government of 1997 was elected largely because of public disgust with Tory Sleaze.

No it was because of Murdoch and the biased left wing media

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:58 pm

If the Tories are in power, it must be private! - Page 3 Empty

If the Tories are in power, it must be private! - Page 3 Empty by Phil Hornby Today at 9:38 am

An Easy Mistake to Make

If the Tories are in power, it must be private! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhd1BjPpMiHEqt93_O_NtCisDpEaRgKmRluNsyyJR5pE__nOE5_w(bbc.co.uk)

" ...and so you should have seen his face when we met at Number 10 for chess and he thought I shouted "Cheque, mate...!"..."

Love it lol!
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:41 pm

THe general election of 1997 was fought mainly on a platform of public services verses tax cuts - the rest is history, the people of the UK would prefer to have decent schools and hospitals before tax cuts.

Going into the general election of 1997 we had barely recovered from a recession caused entirely by the miss-management of the economy by Norman Lamont and Nigel Lawson.

The NHS was falling apart and had been neglected for 18 years, people were fed up of recessions, sleaze, crumbling public services and the slogan "things can only get better" hit a chord with most people.
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:40 pm

witchfinder wrote:THe general election of 1997 was fought mainly on a platform of public services verses tax cuts - the rest is history, the people of the UK would prefer to have decent schools and hospitals before tax cuts.

Going into the general election of 1997 we had barely recovered from a recession caused entirely by the miss-management of the economy by Norman Lamont and Nigel Lawson.

No less than the absolute truth, Witchy, so don't read yesterday's Sunday Times as you may burst a blood-vessel. In it, Major and Clarke were implicitly congratulated "for the Tories' rapid return to prosperity in the 1990s."

Must have been a trick of the light.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:24 pm

More like a 'trick of the right'.

I am personally unlikely to congratulate the weedy nonentity Major, even if he were to stick his head up his own backside and whistle the National Anthem...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Local councils all accross England have been pressured and threatened into not raising council tax, even though it will mean services and facillities been cut and jobs lost.

The BBC is having to cut and reduce services and make people redundant because the government has frozen the cost of the TV licence.

The number of clinical staff in the NHS has gone down due to cuts, waiting times in hospitals are begining to rise, there are less nurses in the NHS than there were 1 year ago.

Yet - in preperation for privatization, the post office is to raise the cost of stamps by TEN TIMES above the inflation rate.

Yorkshire Water has raised its bills for 2012-13 by THREE TIMES the inflation rate.

There is an unwritten rule under this coalition government that states private companies can do what they like and charge what they want, but public institutions cannot.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Quote Witchfinder.

There is an unwritten rule under this coalition government that states private companies can do what they like and charge what they want, but public institutions cannot.

Precisement! Copyright by Hercule Poirot;)

Our local Tory council has just turned down Government money for re-introducing weekly bin collections because 'there's no demand for it'. I'm okay with fortnightly collections, being on my own. Next door are a couple with 4 children. They often use my bin - by permission - for excess waste and recycling. The bins, particularly recycling, along our street are often full to overflowing. And so in the local town.

This money could have funded a few more jobs for 'budding refuse' collectors.

Maybe even introduce an NVQ in 'Trash Operations for Retrieval, Inspection, Erasure of Scraps.

To be known in future as T.O.R.I.E.S Ooops.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next