Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

+21
snowyflake
stuart torr
Kazza
Dan Fante
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
bobby
starlight07
skwalker1964
boatlady
Chivnail
Tosh
agoodman
polyglide
Phil Hornby
tlttf
witchfinder
Shirina
Blamhappy
trevorw2539
oftenwrong
AwfulTruth
25 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 11 Empty Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have - seen and heard several. Am I crazy? monkey

There is a theory that most people believe they have had some kind of encounter with the dead - or whatever these things are.

It is also postulated that the dark matter in the universe may hold the key to a further dimension which may explain the spirit world. Quantum physics certainly opens the door to this strange idea, if we explore what Einstein expounded.

If you have had an experience please tell us what it was, where and when, etc. Then I will mention my own brush with the supernatural.

:affraid:

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 11 Empty Re: Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Post by Norm Deplume Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:01 am

polyglide wrote:Also please take note that spelling errors are not typing errors and visa versa.
Fair enough. Typing errors are where you know how to spell the words but hit the wrong keys. Spelling errors are where you do not know how to spell the word and make a guess or use a homophone.

Which of these was the case with "vice versa" (note correct spelling) in your post?

Norm Deplume

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 11 Empty Re: Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Post by polyglide Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:08 am

My typing unlike my appreciation of all things good is not too good.

I will just explain why I use polyglide.

It is a dance that can be enjoyed by all, young old and the disabled, they all join together and enjoy themselves, what a pity this is not applicable to all society.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:33 pm

polyglide wrote:I would not consider going to a gladiator shoot out
Does that involve longbows at high noon? Or Colt 45s?
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:46 pm

PCs at 5ft Shirina. Laughing 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:51 pm

polyglide wrote:just because you cannot understand an explanation does not mean I have not given one.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:Why are so many theists such blatant liars? Do you think we can't read the thread and see your dishonesty? Well you're very much mistaken.
When I said I had considered all the other religions ,I had, all those that were applicable to this particular time and established.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:List them!!! You mentioned 3000....
The explanation I gave was that if I was to decide which live show I was going to attend for entetainment, I would not consider going to a gladiator shoot out nor to see Chritians eaten by lions but obviously the point was lost on you.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:It still is, you're talking nonsense, I've told you before if you think you can bamboozle me with bullshit then think again.
One post in particular suggested that life was created from a little pool with wriggly things in it
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:So what? It was no post of mine, another of your straw man arguments, with no salient point, I recognise your attempt at obfuscation when I see it.

One last thing, for god's sake get a spell checker, your posts are incoherent enough without your execrable spelling.

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:52 pm

polyglide wrote:Also please take note that spelling errors are not typing errors and visa versa.
Priceless.....
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:26 am

I never mentioned any number, I was told there were thousands and I asked the person to name them.

Why should I consider any religion that is a thousand years old and none existant today?.

You obviously do not understand plain English, even when the spelling is correct.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:36 pm

No you were backing away from the argument by doing that,were you not so it is up to you to tell us exactly how many religions there are precisely.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm

I asked you first.

You have not replied.

One question at a time.

You name the thousands you said existed and I will tell you where you have gone wrong.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Juvenile attempt at evasion.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:04 pm

polyglide wrote:I asked you first.

You have not replied.

One question at a time.

You name the thousands you said existed and I will tell you where you have gone wrong.
You must have avoided dozens of questions in the short time I've been posting on here.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:37 pm

List of religions and spiritual traditions

"This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness."

Now, let's stop clogging up the debate with nonsensical and stupid requests like naming thousands of religions, sects, cults, covens, secret societies, hate groups, anti-government militias, and various religious factions that exist throughout the world. No one is actually going to sit here and type out thousands of names even if they could remember them all. If you can't ask for reasonable standards of evidence, then don't ask for any at all. This tired tactic is extremely annoying and, as I've said before, intellectually dishonest.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Then learn to understand what is implied and not make stupid remarks.

If you understand a shoot out in general terms it can mean using any kind of weapon, the gladiators used everything but the kitchen sink.

Get a life.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:56 pm

polyglide wrote:Then learn to understand what is implied and not make stupid remarks.

If you understand a shoot out in general terms it can mean using any kind of weapon, the gladiators used everything but the kitchen sink.

Get a life.
scratch What the hell?
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:57 pm

polyglide wrote:Then learn to understand what is implied and not make stupid remarks.
You clearly implied that you'd studied many religions in depth before coming to the conclusion that Jesus was your homeboy.

Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Dan Fante wrote:
You clearly implied that you'd studied many religions in depth before coming to the conclusion that Jesus was your homeboy.

Many? I thought the phrase he used was all relevant religions? I may be misremembering.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Many? I thought the phrase he used was all relevant religions? I may be misremembering.
That implies 'many' doesn't it? Wink
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Dan Fante wrote:
That implies 'many' doesn't it? Wink
Fair point, I seem to remember him bandying a figure around though, though he's denying it now of course.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:52 pm

I said a figure Sheldon and he asked me to name them all, which of course was impossible. So I threw the question back at him, and it has gone on from there until Shirina stepped in and told us to stop being silly.Laughing 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:02 pm

polyglide wrote:If you understand a shoot out in general terms it can mean using any kind of weapon, the gladiators used everything but the kitchen sink.
Actually, no ... but that's irrelevant. What is relevant is your inability to understand humor.

That's one thing I loathe about religion and those who believe in it. No sense of humor.

At all.

None.

Zero.

Religion has to be somber and serious and straight-faced all the time. Quite often the people who believe in them behave in the same way.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Very true Shirina. Laughing 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:06 am

Shirina, how very, very, wrong you are, I laugh my head off at most of the idiotic replies I get.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 am

However, humour has a place in everyones life, the relevance being the time and the place.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:13 am

I find obfuscation in the face of questioning both humourous and tragic Wink
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:35 am

Oh so true Dan, poly filla still not answered those questions yet I take it? Wink 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:39 am

stu wrote:Oh so true Dan, poly filla still not answered those questions yet I take it? Wink 
It's like waiting for the second coming Wink
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:52 am

AS far as I am aware I have answerd your questions.

I must go and have a laugh with some intelligent people who can actually tell stork from butter.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:14 pm

polyglide wrote:AS far as I am aware I have answerd your questions.
Dr Cooper wrote:that's the problem, you probably think you have.
I must go and have a laugh with some intelligent people who can actually tell stork from butter.
......but not fact from fiction unfortunately.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:15 pm

polyglide wrote:AS far as I am aware I have answerd your questions.

I don't recall your response when I asked you what you thought God had in mind when he came up with the symbiotic realtionship between Ophiocordyceps unilateralis and ants like Camponotus leonardi and what sort of God would design things like this.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:25 pm

His spelling is not getting any better is it folks. Mad Mad 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:55 pm

polyglide wrote:I must go and have a laugh with some intelligent people who can actually tell stork from butter.
I'm sure that the religious nuts in renaissance Italy said something similar to Galileo just before he was put under house arrest for daring to claim the earth revolved around the sun.

How well did that end up working out for Christians?
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:52 pm

All the evidence points to a damaged brain, nobody can be this thick in the developed world.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Tosh I only have half a brain that actually works correctly, with a black shadow on it at some point , and also at the base of it I have a black spot, that they don't know what is. My neurologist wishes me to go to kings college in london for an operation, but the chances are only 30% in my favour so i've turned them down until my chances improve.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:31 pm

stu wrote:Tosh I only have half a brain that actually works correctly, with a black shadow on it at some point , and also at the base of it I have a black spot, that they don't know what is. My neurologist wishes me to go to kings college in london for an operation, but the chances are only 30% in my favour so i've turned them down until my chances improve.  
At least you're using the part that works stu, look at Spin, or polyglide. How's the no smoking going?
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:33 am

Hi Sheldon, at least I try with my brain mate,Laughing my no smoking is at the moment failing Sheldon i'm afraid. I awoke in tears monday night and did not sleep at all, due to my dreaming of my not being able to take my daughter out for days out but mum and step-dad can. niether does she stay over at my place etc,and it just got on top of me.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:41 am

Stu, sorry to hear about that. I would say that giving up the tabs isn't easy but just because you've started again it doesn't mean you can never give them up. Give it another go, mate.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:24 pm

It's my daughter that is killing me Dan, why should her step-dad have all the fun while i'm stuck here.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I know that, mate. I just meant that falling off the wagon, so to speak, doesn't mean you'll never give them up. Not that I'm exactly free of vices but I just think it's daft habit. I used to smoke myself and my partner did and I'm delighted we don't any more. Anyway, sorry if that comes across as preaching.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

No vicar Dan, Laughing it doesn't, wish I had someone like a partner,so we could nag each other if we lit up etc.Rolling Eyes  It would be a big help all round.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:11 pm

stu wrote:His spelling is not getting any better is it folks. Mad Mad 
Speling is for whitches.

Heretic
Heretic
Heretic
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:14 pm

stu wrote:No vicar Dan, Laughing it doesn't, wish I had someone like a partner,so we could nag each other if we lit up etc.Rolling Eyes  It would be a big help all round.
Each time you think like that imagine the face of your daughter scolding you because she loves you more than you love her.

Hard, yes. Not easy words but they might help you a hell of a lot. On the other hand I don't want to upset you.....

Heretic
Heretic
Heretic
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next