Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues of morality shut Christians up

+17
boatlady
tlttf
Jsmythe
starlight07
snowyflake
Tosh
Bunnyrunner
blueturando
Adele Carlyon
Shirina
polyglide
True Blue
astra
oftenwrong
Ivan
trevorw2539
Greatest I am
21 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Issues of morality shut Christians up - Page 5 Empty Issues of morality shut Christians up

Post by Greatest I am Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Issues of morality shuts Christians up.

I know I have done well in an O. P. when Christians run from a discussion.

I wrote these two posts and got almost no response. Not a usual thing for my posts. This tells me that I hit the nail right on the head and Christians have no apologetics to refute my claim.

==========================

If you accept this as universal morality, you will reject God.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

God does not follow the first rule at all.

The bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or sin.

This shows that what many thinks is our number one moral value was completely ignored by God.

Is God immoral or has man gotten morality wrong?

If God was right, then are we to believe that fathers are to bury their children instead of the way people think in that children should bury their parents?

John 6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.”

On earth as it is in heaven.

If you had God’s power to set the conditions for atonement, would you step up yourself or would you send your child to die?

=============================

God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHP-f-_F9U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ott1...eature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqP_f...eature=related

I think that the notion that punishing the innocent instead of the guilty perpetrator is immoral. Be it a willing sacrifice as some believe with Jesus or unwilling victim.

I also think that God, who has a plethora of other options, would have come up with a moral way instead of an immoral and barbaric human sacrifice.

I agree with scriptures say that we are all responsible for our own righteousness as well as our own iniquity and that God cannot be bribed by sacrifice.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

I believe as I do because I believe that the first rule of morality is harm/care of children.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

Do you agree that the notion of substitutionary atonement is immoral and that God’s first principle of morality is hare/harm and that this would prevent him from demanding the death of his son?

==============================

This lack of opposition to the premise given tells me that Christians may actually be more moral than what I give them credit for. They do not walk their talk in these cases and that is a plus.

Seems Christians actually recognize good morals even if they do not preach them.
I thank Christians for confirming my view that they are just following tradition, dogma and culture while not really following their God. Thank God for that. Any sane man would reject the bible God.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Issues of morality shut Christians up - Page 5 Empty Re: Issues of morality shut Christians up

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:46 pm

The first true statement you've made this month , Tosh, but I'm sure you're doing your best with poor resources. "E" for effort..

You are melting down in front of everyone stalker, and with minimal effort on my part. Very Happy

You are morphing into CGF and look what I did to that poor soul, be thankful I have mellowed.

Tosh

Back to top Go down

Issues of morality shut Christians up - Page 5 Empty Re: Issues of morality shut Christians up

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Run along now sonny.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm

CGF from the General discussion boards? What did you ever do to him? *Makes notes*
starlight07
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 pm

CGF the famous "YAM YAM" from Wolverhampton became a star of the MSN message-board about three years ago with his unguarded revelations of a life spent at the keyboard of increasingly-expensive computer hardware purchased from his disability benefits.
After his ultimate retirement as universal Aunt Sally, a number of clever-clogs imitators adopted his soubriquet but were unable to reproduce his style. Tosh was one of the imitators, and he still hasn't got any style.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Tosh was one of the imitators, and he still hasn't got any style.

Imitation is cute I reckon and I've imitated few of my trolls too. It works wonders. The poster 'the independant' was classic.
starlight07
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Tosh was one of the imitators, and he still hasn't got any style. .

No need to tell lies my friend, you are batting zero as it is. I was his tormentor.

You have his same weak character, you bruise very easily.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 pm

Issues of morality shut Christians up, but have little effect on the amoral.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:36 am

Issues of morality shut Christians up, but have little effect on the amoral..

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged. Shocked
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:20 pm

"JUDGE NOT, LEST YE BE JUDGED" is often quoted by THE HYPOCRITES to those who PUBLICLY OPPOSE SIN.

http://rightremedy.org/tracts/25
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:56 pm

JUDGE NOT, LEST YE BE JUDGED" is often quoted by THE HYPOCRITES to those who PUBLICLY OPPOSE SIN.

A hypocritical judgment is judging something for something of which you are also guilty -

but have little effect on the amoral..[/

http://rightremedy.org/tracts/25

cheers

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Tosh, you have said you are a Troll and that explains a lot, however, it does not explain why you are so inept.

Not once have you made any comeback which makes any sense other than to someone as lacking as yourself.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Tosh, you should familiarise yourself with the meaning of debate, you might then come your senses {no that may not be the case as I do not believe you have any sense] however, you may come to the conclusion with a little help from a friend, that it involves consideration to the beliefs of others in a rational and intelligent manner.

Now there is another point, knowledge gleaned from the intelligent efforts of others does not mean, even if you can qoute word for word their efforts, that you are intelligent, it just means you have a good memory, intelligence involves being able to use that information in a meaningfull manner and it is an unfortunate fact that so far you have shown no intelligence whatsoever.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:35 pm

I do believe you are frothing at the mouth, they shoot horses dont they ?

School is out again.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm

The Bible must be true because it makes complete sense to screaming lunatics....go figure.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:22 pm

A study published by the author and illustrator Gregory S. Paul found that religious beliefs, including belief in creationism and disbelief in evolution, are positively correlated with social ills like crime.

Unreasonable people commit more crime.

The Barna Group surveys find that Christians and non-Christians in the US have similar divorce rates, and the highest divorce rates in the US are among Baptists and Pentecostals, both sects which reject evolution and embrace creationism.

Unreasonable people commit more sin.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Slow afternoon, huh, Tosh?

We all know you can do better than that.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Slow afternoon, huh, Tosh? We all know you can do better than that..

Cut out the Royal " we " nonsense Mr Nofriends, its just little old you that is chatting me up.

Next.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 pm

No need to get shrill. The morality bit seems to be causing you a problem for some reason. Let all of us (not a royal we) discuss that, shall us? (Forgive the poetic license there for pedantry).
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 pm

No need to get shrill. The morality bit seems to be causing you a problem for some reason. Let all of us (not a royal we) discuss that, shall us? (Forgive the poetic license there for pedantry)..

The morality bit is only causing me a problem in your imagination, mockery is not shrill my friend, and I await your contribution to the morality discussion.

Starting to get to you, aren't I sweetie, keep it coming.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:13 am

The value of that anticipatory text facility on the ipad is reduced when it repetitiously produces the same phrases time after time. "Starting to get to you ..." was quite witty the first time of use, but algorithms baffle brains, and mockery becomes the mirror of itself. Curious that. Almost a moral argument for honesty of thought.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 am

The value of that anticipatory text facility on the ipad is reduced when it repetitiously produces the same phrases time after time. "Starting to get to you ..." was quite witty the first time of use, but algorithms baffle brains, and mockery becomes the mirror of itself. Curious that. Almost a moral argument for honesty of thought.

LMAO....is that smoke I see belching out of the caldera ?

and I await your contribution to the morality discussion.

Ahem..tap...tap...tap. Walter dear, you forgot to contribute to the discussion, try and focus, WE know its not easy but try.

Poor old Walter. Basketball

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Tell us again about the morality behind your defeat of the Dana Crew six years ago, Tosh.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Tell us again about the morality behind your defeat of the Dana Crew six years ago, Tosh..

Back again so soon, mmm...lovely.......lol.

Why don't you tell us Walter, it is after all supposed to be your contribution to the discussion, remember ?

Come on spit it out sonny, I don't bite, promise.

You seem lost for words when its your own, funny that innit.

Last edited by Tosh on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Sleeping ok are we ? Cool

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Sorry, I thought it was your turn. (COPY) Tell us again about the morality behind your defeat of the Dana Crew six years ago, Tosh.

Cat got your tongue?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Sorry, I thought it was your turn. (COPY). Tell us again about the morality behind your defeat of the Dana Crew six years ago, Tosh. Cat got your tongue?.

Walter, take a deep breath and think, your sole contribution todate consists of asking me to contribute, its not my cat nor my toungue nor my story nor my turn....it is STILL yours.

So let me make this idiot proof, you tell us about the morality, and then it will be my turn and I won't need to be dragged kicking and screaming to contribute.

Anytime you are ready.

Last edited by Tosh on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Are you sure you are sleeping ok ? Cool
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:12 pm

Like a baby, Tosh.

How's YOUR conscience?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:42 pm

How's YOUR conscience?.

Awaiting YOUR first contribution to the discussion.

I see you find even idiot boards hard to follow, you seem incapable of contributing anything to the discussion apart from asking me to contribute. If you wish to discuss my morality or conscience then comment on my morality or conscience, I will then discuss your comments with you, its a very simple debating format.

Socrates you aint, and I mangle the perpetual question asker.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:58 pm

I really do hope you are sleeping ok.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Nothing disturbing you I hope. Cool
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm willing to await a meaningful response, Tosh. Don't you understand the meaning of the word dialogue?

You have the floor.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 pm

I'm willing to await a meaningful response, Tosh. Don't you understand the meaning of the word dialogue? You have the floor..

Walter....Walter....we haven't got to the dialogue bit in our discussion on morality, we are still stuck on you making an opening statement, asking for my position is a rather weak contribution to the discussion. I believe I am entitled to respond in kind and ask you for your thoughts, after all it was you who was intent on discussing it.

Do you have any ?

If not, there is nothing to discuss and you have left the dance floor with your tail between your legs.

You are starting to get just a little more uncomfortable my friend.

Goodnight.

Sweet dreams. Cool
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:25 pm

tick...tock...tick...tock. Very Happy

Tell us again about the morality behind your defeat of the Dana Crew six years ago, Tosh..

Tell me about the morality behind my defeat of the Dana Crew six years ago, Walter.

Don't you understand the meaning of the word dialogue? Basketball
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Someone must have had a restless night. Cool
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Actually, I've decided to wait for your posts to get out of those short trousers and adopt adult clothing.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Actually, I've decided to wait for your posts to get out of those short trousers and adopt adult clothing..

No adult with a functioning brain initiates a discussion and then childishly refuses to discuss the topic he himself has initiated.

There is a very good reason why pseudo intellectuals resort to perpetually asking questions in a discussion, they don't have any answers. They also don't like to have their trousers taken down, although Walter may be an exception.

Please alter your title to " weak ", sage is an insult to the English language.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 pm

That litttle green word gets to you where you live, doesn't it, Tosh?
Nobody else cares, least of all me.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Nobody else cares,

Speaking on behalf of anyone but yourself is a weak habit, one a sage would not dream of adopting.

least of all me. .

Initiating a discussion you don't care about is a clear sign of an over-taxed mind, maybe you need to get a good nights sleep.

Hop along now Walter. Basketball
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Tosh thinks Walter speaks with forked tongue, he says he doesn't care about lovely Toshy poo but his posting record says otherwise.

Stockholm Syndrome comes to mind.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmythe Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Well I can certainly see you're not such a bad fella Mr. Poo . Surprised

santa
Jsmythe
Jsmythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next