Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is David Cameron a moron from the outer reaches of the universe? (Part 1)

+30
Shirina
Deadly Nightshade
boatlady
LWS
skwalker1964
Red Cat Woman
whitbyforklift
Adele Carlyon
Blamhappy
Scarecrow
tlttf
bambu
betty.noire
Ivanhoe
trevorw2539
atv
jackthelad
witchfinder
Phil Hornby
Mel
Stox 16
sickchip
astradt1
bobby
oftenwrong
astra
Ivan
Redflag
blueturando
AwfulTruth
34 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is David Cameron a moron from the outer reaches of the universe? (Part 1) - Page 13 Empty Is David Cameron a moron from the outer reaches of the universe? (Part 1)

Post by AwfulTruth Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

APOLOGIES TO ALL DAVID CAMERON FANS  Wink  

I just wondered  Suspect since his Prime Minister's Questions talents are about as edifying as a troglodyte with caveman issues:  like he knows how to answer a question without pummeling his opponent with his stone club?

I never witnessed such an appalling lack of discussion, or even general etiquette, skills than with this prime mover.  If I had been paid a quid for every ad hominem (personal reference - sarcasm to you and I) that fell out of his plump mouth I would be rich.

Seriously, why does Cameron make such a fool of himself?  He has already been censured for bullying the newby MP's, and for his habit of telling pork pies when the truth would have done nicely.

It is now the case that his own party is getting sick of his amateurish habits which, as he has been solemnly told, may even bring office of PM into disrepute.

What do you think of his PMQs performance? Basketball

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Is David Cameron a moron from the outer reaches of the universe? (Part 1) - Page 13 Empty Re: Is David Cameron a moron from the outer reaches of the universe? (Part 1)

Post by Ivanhoe Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Again, how do we do all this Redflag. ?

Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Is David Cameron a moron from the outer reaches of the universe? (Part 1) - Page 13 Empty Re: Is David Cameron a moron from the outer reaches of the universe? (Part 1)

Post by bobby Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Certainly not by thinking of emailing Andrew Niel and then not being bothered. Dont forget about people in glasshouses before you have a pop at others, anyway what are you still doing in a country you so obviously hate, haven't you buggered off yet.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:37 pm

Do hope he's not waiting for a better offer. Wink
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 pm

OW I hear Greece is looking for good street fighters.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 pm

bobby wrote:OW I hear Greece is looking for good street fighters.

Hi bobby

I have wondering why Greece has not pulled out of the euro, have you got any ideas why ? what is happening in Greece will be happening here in the UK at one point this year people will start to be evicted from there council houses when they lose there housing benefit and working tax credits.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 am

There is such things as placards and I take it for granted we all have a good loud voices, it would be great to see scam..er..ons face seeing how much the UK hates his and his gov't guts

No one likes cuts Redflag but a government has to take responsibility for the nations finances and for our future generations. This is something I dont think you will ever understand and dont want to either

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:11 am

blueturando wrote:-
No one likes cuts Redflag but a government has to take responsibility for the nations finances and for our future generations. This is something I dont think you will ever understand and dont want to either
Only a Tory voter would say what you have said blue, we know there has to be cuts, what is pissing everybody off is the people that caused this problem are DEFINITELY not paying the price. It's the people that DID not cause it that are paying and that is only going to get worse come this April, so I hope you will be very happy when families are living on the streets at the moment people are having to depend on food banks to feed their families and they are working families. You and your Incompetent gov't will not be happy until the days of Charles Dickens books is alive and kicking on the streets of the UK 2013.

You have a nerve saying that we do not understand or listen, that same trait can be put on the shoulders of YOUR GOV'T.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 am

""blueturando wrote:-
No one likes cuts Redflag but a government has to take responsibility for the nations finances and for our future generations. This is something I dont think you will ever understand and dont want to either""".

From an "apolitical" point of view, I dont agree. What you, yourself are missing here, is that the right wing Tory's have an inherent loathing of the welfare State and the role of the State, and so Cameron is using this deficit to systematically whittle away and run down both.

If David Cameron really wanted to cut the deficit, he could do this a number of ways without hurting the most vulnerable in our society.

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Good Morning Bluey, I hope you and yours enjoyed the holiday festivities. Unfortunitely now they are over, we can get back to the real world.
I must say I totally disagree with you (now there’s a surprise). You will not hear one labour member saying we don’t need cuts, because we all know that after the damage caused by the Banks, we where in the doggy poo. The problem is that your Tories are using those problems as an excuse to push through their ideological plans, policies that they have wanted to implement since he conception of the welfare state and its implementation in 1948.

What disgusts me even more is the scaremongering tactics they use against the weaker in our society, the way they use divide and conquer tactics setting working poor against the sick and those who rely on benefits for the mere existence. We now have a Lib-Dem Tory wanting to take benefits from obese people because of the burden they are to what’s left of the NHS, but of course you don’t hear of penalties for smokers and drinkers, why is that, is it because the vast majority of booze and tobacco is bought by the working classes and the Government whoever the are receives bucket loads of cash from, yet another mechanism where cash is moved from the poorer to the richer.

You Tory Party have always wanted to do exactly what they are now doing, and what do we hear from Herr Cameron, Osborne and Iain Dumkopf Schmidt “ we have to take the difficult decisions” but what I ask is who is it difficult for, it certainly aint them, its always the poor, elderly and sick who are attacked and are forced to pay the penalty for Tory incompetence.

We’ve had the Bastards in now for coming up to three years, and what have we to show for their incompetence and , we have an economy that has flat lined and in possible danger of another recession. I’ve heard of double dip, but never of a triple dip recession, but then we’ve never had a Government as callous and nasty as this one, I mean not even the almost dead Bitch Thatcher didn’t try some of the things the Bullendon club get up to.

I’m afraid Blue I will never be able as you find it so easy to do, and get behind a Government who are prepared to kill their own people just because they don’t have titled ancestors albeit from the wrong side of the bed sheets. Calling those with cash strivers and those without skivers, Perhaps you being a good Tory can enlighten me as to how any of the front bench strove for what they have, or did they simply crawl out of their mothers pussy’s and their wealth and privilege was there waiting for them, giving them the right so they think, to lord it over all else.

They where born uncaring Bastards and will die uncaring Bastards.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Well put bobby. But I would never refer to the Tories as incompetent. They are very "competent" in Government, because they always look after their own.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Well put bobby

I thank you for getting my Name right.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:46 pm

bobby wrote:Well put bobby

I thank you for getting my Name right.

That's okay, Fred.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:59 pm

bobby wrote:
I must say I totally disagree with you (now there’s a surprise). You will not hear one labour member saying we don’t need cuts, because we all know that after the damage caused by the Banks, we where in the doggy poo. The problem is that your Tories are using those problems as an excuse to push through their ideological plans, policies that they have wanted to implement since he conception of the welfare state and its implementation in 1948.
[/color]

You will find at least one, bobby. We don't need cuts - not now, at the bottom of an economic cycle exacerbated (as you say) by the cost of the banking crisis and then 2.5 years of (probably deliberate) economic mismanagement.

Every single cut made during a downturn is counterproductive, sucking money out of the economy and intensifying the problem. The only possible reasons to do it are either stupidity or that you have ideological aims you value far more than economic recovery and a healthy society. I tend to favour the latter as explaining the actions of this government. 'Crisis' is a useful excuse for the cuts and state-shrinking this lot have been itching to make for years - and, as I've written on my blog, it's documented and pretty much uncontested that if a convenient crisis doesn't come along, the neolibs will pretend or even manufacture one:

http://skwalker1964.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/o-canada-when-right-wing-crisis-engineering-came-out-of-the-closet/

http://skwalker1964.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/proven-imf-brings-down-economies-intentionally/

If there's a time to cut, it's well onto the upswing. For now, not only do we not need to cut - we need not to cut!
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

http://skwalker1964.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:Well put bobby. But I would never refer to the Tories as incompetent. They are very "competent" in Government, because they always look after their own.

Good post Ivanhoe and Bobby you both know your Tories and what they are capable of WELL SAID the both of you.

Here is a PS to add to my post blue it did not take you very long to find your Inner Tory but then again I knew it lay right below the surface trying to get out and as a true blue Tory the Ideology always wins the day.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Good Day Sky.
I understand fully what you are saying (well I think I do ) and I agree fully in that we don’t need cuts that will and are damaging our economy and ability to grow.

The cuts I have no problem with are to the true benefit scrounger, I know one person who is genuinely disabled and gets the highest rate DLA which means she has access to a car in exchange for some of her benefit. After several years disabled she has now become severely agraphobic, so the car she gets as part of her benefits is used solely by her husband to go back and forth to work or to football on Saturdays. Cases like this certainly need to be looked at and if necessary cut. The problem we are now suffering is that we have a Government with a one size fits all mentality, and instead of targeting area’s where sensible cuts wouldn’t do much if any damage, or targeting the other minority, the real benefit thief, we have a government that cut and slash at every one on benefits irrespective of need.

We have a NHS that is one of the best and most expensive institutions in the country and again this rancid Government make sweeping cuts. I would expect that some departments could do with some cuts whereas others are in desperate need for higher investment. All of these things need to be looked at individually and not expect sweeping cuts to be the only answer or necessity.

Some cuts would if I had my way simply be used to strengthen our failing infrastructure and build more affordable housing and put many of the unemployed back to the work most of them crave for. But then would they be cuts or reallocation of funds. I certainly don’t agree with one cut being made for the sake of ideology.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm

bobby wrote:Good Day Sky.
I understand fully what you are saying (well I think I do ) and I agree fully in that we don’t need cuts that will and are damaging our economy and ability to grow.

The cuts I have no problem with are to the true benefit scrounger, I know one person who is genuinely disabled and gets the highest rate DLA which means she has access to a car in exchange for some of her benefit. After several years disabled she has now become severely agraphobic, so the car she gets as part of her benefits is used solely by her husband to go back and forth to work or to football on Saturdays. Cases like this certainly need to be looked at and if necessary cut. The problem we are now suffering is that we have a Government with a one size fits all mentality, and instead of targeting area’s where sensible cuts wouldn’t do much if any damage, or targeting the other minority, the real benefit thief, we have a government that cut and slash at every one on benefits irrespective of need.

We have a NHS that is one of the best and most expensive institutions in the country and again this rancid Government make sweeping cuts. I would expect that some departments could do with some cuts whereas others are in desperate need for higher investment. All of these things need to be looked at individually and not expect sweeping cuts to be the only answer or necessity.

Some cuts would if I had my way simply be used to strengthen our failing infrastructure and build more affordable housing and put many of the unemployed back to the work most of them crave for. But then would they be cuts or reallocation of funds. I certainly don’t agree with one cut being made for the sake of ideology.

I know what you mean, mate - but (just as you pose the question to yourself) I wouldn't call that a cut. That's just managing the awarding of benefits properly, something in which this government has no real interest. They're consistent, at least - they claim they want to control tax avoidance but cut HMRC etc.

Ultimately, in an economic downturn, it almost doesn't matter whether the benefit allocation is justified or not, though. The overriding factor is to get money circulating in the economy, as that promotes growth and confidence. If a few people get benefit who shouldn't, but they spend it, that's a lot better than any of the measures this government is taking, such as injecting money into banks who just sit on it. The banks benefit, but nobody else does. Circulation and demand are key - and you won't get the latter without the former.

I'm also working, off and on, on an article with the working title of 'Yes, benefit scroungers exist. So what?' In the wider sense of 'scrounging', there is a small minority of people who are just idle - and it's completely irrelevant, doesn't matter a jot.

Why? Because we have <500k vacant jobs and over 1.5m unemployed people. If you succeed in forcing a 'scrounger' into work, all that happens is that you have someone lazy in a job and someone who wants to work still on the dole. Benefit-scrounging only becomes relevant when you have full employment, or very nearly so. Anything the government says about 'getting scroungers back to work' is meaningless rhetoric in the current situation - but sadly few people think deeply enough about the issue as it really is for them to see how full of holes the posturing is.

Oh, and no 'y', by the way. It's just my name, not an allusion to Star Wars. Very Happy
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Oh, and no 'y', by the way. It's just my name, not an allusion to Star Wars.

So may we refer to our illustrious moderator as "sk"?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Oh, and no 'y', by the way. It's just my name, not an allusion to Star Wars.

So may we refer to our illustrious moderator as "sk"?

If you want. Or 'Steve'. That'll do. Smile
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:13 pm

skwalker1964 wrote:

I know what you mean, mate - but (just as you pose the question to yourself) I wouldn't call that a cut. That's just managing the awarding of benefits properly, something in which this government has no real interest. They're consistent, at least - they claim they want to control tax avoidance but cut HMRC etc.

Ultimately, in an economic downturn, it almost doesn't matter whether the benefit allocation is justified or not, though. The overriding factor is to get money circulating in the economy, as that promotes growth and confidence. If a few people get benefit who shouldn't, but they spend it, that's a lot better than any of the measures this government is taking, such as injecting money into banks who just sit on it. The banks benefit, but nobody else does. Circulation and demand are key - and you won't get the latter without the former.

I'm also working, off and on, on an article with the working title of 'Yes, benefit scroungers exist. So what?' In the wider sense of 'scrounging', there is a small minority of people who are just idle - and it's completely irrelevant, doesn't matter a jot.

Why? Because we have <500k vacant jobs and over 1.5m unemployed people. If you succeed in forcing a 'scrounger' into work, all that happens is that you have someone lazy in a job and someone who wants to work still on the dole. Benefit-scrounging only becomes relevant when you have full employment, or very nearly so. Anything the government says about 'getting scroungers back to work' is meaningless rhetoric in the current situation - but sadly few people think deeply enough about the issue as it really is for them to see how full of holes the posturing is.

Oh, and no 'y', by the way. It's just my name, not an allusion to Star Wars. Very Happy

Here we are again, back to the stigmatization of the unemployed. Jesus, will some people ever ever give it a rest ??????. No wonder the rotten Tories are always leaping on this issue, its because they use it to get support from a gaga public.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
skwalker1964 wrote:

Here we are again, back to the stigmatization of the unemployed. Jesus, will some people ever ever give it a rest ??????. No wonder the rotten Tories are always leaping on this issue, its because they use it to get support from a gaga public.

I am glad Ivanhoe and skywalker are on the Labour side that way we know the truth will always be out there for all to see, your posts frighten and scare me although I know they are the true, I see the "drip drip effect" the Tories have spun to the unsuspecting public if it was left to him he would have his bully boys tipping the disabled out of there wheelchairs.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:Here we are again, back to the stigmatization of the unemployed. Jesus, will some people ever ever give it a rest ??????. No wonder the rotten Tories are always leaping on this issue, its because they use it to get support from a gaga public.

Am I misreading you, or are you seriously saying I stigmatise the unemployed? If so, you've badly misread me, mate.
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Steve. Many appologies for the Y. It only goes to prove the psycologists right in that we see what we expect to and not what is actualy there. Just like the Tories, smoke and mirrors.Very Happy
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:38 pm

bobby wrote:Steve. Many appologies for the Y. It only goes to prove the psycologists right in that we see what we expect to and not what is actualy there. Just like the Tories, smoke and mirrors.Very Happy

No worries at all mate - happens all the time! I have to search 'skywalker1964' on Twitter to see half of what's directed at me lol.
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Steve, you need to make allowances for Ivanhoe, he is so anti English, he is now forgetting how to use the written language properly.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 pm

skwalker1964 wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:Here we are again, back to the stigmatization of the unemployed. Jesus, will some people ever ever give it a rest ??????. No wonder the rotten Tories are always leaping on this issue, its because they use it to get support from a gaga public.

Am I misreading you, or are you seriously saying I stigmatise the unemployed? If so, you've badly misread me, mate.

"""""""""""I'm also working, off and on, on an article with the working title of 'Yes, benefit scroungers exist. So what?' In the wider sense of 'scrounging', there is a small minority of people who are just idle - and it's completely irrelevant, doesn't matter a jot.

Why? Because we have <500k vacant jobs and over 1.5m unemployed people. If you succeed in forcing a 'scrounger' into work, all that happens is that you have someone lazy in a job and someone who wants to work still on the dole. Benefit-scrounging only becomes relevant when you have full employment, or very nearly so. Anything the government says about 'getting scroungers back to work' is meaningless rhetoric in the current situation - but sadly few people think deeply enough about the issue as it really is for them to see how full of holes the posturing is"""""""""""

skywalker, You have my deepest apologies. I would very much like to read your article when you have finished writing it. If I may ?

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 pm

I do sincerely have difficulty understanding how the 2010 election resulted in such a disaster for the UK economy. The resultant coalition tore up every paragraph of their pre-election manifestos to introduce a scorched-earth policy that might have been appropriate to a hostile invading army.

Whether you adhere to the conspiracy theory of History or the "cock-up" alternative, it's difficult to credit our elected Leader with the intelligence or acumen to have developed those policies all on his own. So are we perhaps seeing the hand of some eminence gris controlling the decision process?

Such an abrupt and destructive change in the way a country is governed must have some explanation which has not so far emerged. Who is really pulling Britain's strings?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
skywalker, You have my deepest apologies. I would very much like to read your article when you have finished writing it. If I may ?

Thank you! And of course I'll post it here when it's done.
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:22 am

Ivanhoe wrote:-
There will have to a be a no confidence vote against the coalition, and this will have to come from within the H/O/C.
Section 2 of the Fixed Term Parliaments Act 2011 provides for early general elections when either of the following conditions is met:
- if a motion for an early general election is agreed either by at least two-thirds of the whole House (including vacant seats) or without division or;
- if a motion of no confidence is passed and no alternative government is confirmed by the Commons within 14 days by means of a confidence motion.
www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/sn06111.pdf

If Labour put forward a motion of no confidence in the government, and if the Lib Dems and a dozen other non-Tory MPs supported it, the government would fall. There would then be 14 days to see if a new coalition government could be formed. After that, a general election would be automatically triggered.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:27 am

Ivan wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:-
There will have to a be a no confidence vote against the coalition, and this will have to come from within the H/O/C.
Section 2 of the Fixed Term Parliaments Act 2011 provides for early general elections when either of the following conditions is met:
- if a motion for an early general election is agreed either by at least two-thirds of the whole House (including vacant seats) or without division or;
- if a motion of no confidence is passed and no alternative government is confirmed by the Commons within 14 days by means of a confidence motion.
www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/sn06111.pdf

If Labour put forward a motion of no confidence in the government, and if the Lib Dems and a dozen other non-Tory MPs supported it, the government would fall. There would then be 14 days to see if a new coalition government could be formed. After that, a general election would be automatically triggered.

Oh how I wish that would happen Ivan, you would get the other parties in the H.O.C to support BUT doubt that the L/Ds would, maybe John Pugh Andrew George and a couple of others but not enough to force a general election the L/Ds could not let there Tory paymasters down, and believe it or not the L/Ds already know that there party is FINISHED come the next G.E.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:45 am

Did anybody get any other fantasy story books for Christmas. The problem being of course that Labour offer no alternatives and know they'd face the same concerns. Sorry labour would still look after their banker friends with a light finger touch (assuming they could still remember what they've promised).

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:58 am

tittf, Are you a Tory ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:00 pm

tlttf wrote:Did anybody get any other fantasy story books for Christmas. The problem being of course that Labour offer no alternatives and know they'd face the same concerns. Sorry labour would still look after their banker friends with a light finger touch (assuming they could still remember what they've promised).

The only party that would have a lighter touch in regard to (B(W)ankers and the City hedge fund managers would be the TORIES after all that is where Tory party funds come from, as for FANTASY story Books we know that the likes of yourself would have bought Charles Dickens "OLIVER TWIST" because that is the Tory IDEOLOGY.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Redflag wrote:
tlttf wrote:Did anybody get any other fantasy story books for Christmas. The problem being of course that Labour offer no alternatives and know they'd face the same concerns. Sorry labour would still look after their banker friends with a light finger touch (assuming they could still remember what they've promised).

The only party that would have a lighter touch in regard to (B(W)ankers and the City hedge fund managers would be the TORIES after all that is where Tory party funds come from, as for FANTASY story Books we know that the likes of yourself would have bought Charles Dickens "OLIVER TWIST" because that is the Tory IDEOLOGY.

New Labour's courting of the bankers was bad, and the more that Labour eschews any such thoughts now, the nearer to its real roots it will be.

However, it must never be forgotten that while Cameron was opposition leader and before the banking crisis, he was campaigning hard for more deregulation.
Any condemnation of New Labour for its stance and actions regarding the banks is purest hypocrisy (and therefore entirely expected!).
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Blair and Brown embraced Thatcher's free market for 13 years.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:Blair and Brown embraced Thatcher's free market for 13 years.

Indeed they did. It's one reason why I am no fan of New Labour, and campaign constantly for a wholehearted return to traditional Labour values.
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:39 pm

skwalker1964 wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:Blair and Brown embraced Thatcher's free market for 13 years.

Indeed they did. It's one reason why I am no fan of New Labour, and campaign constantly for a wholehearted return to traditional Labour values.

I could not agree more.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am

To the person that started this thread you got your title "SPOT ON" Cameron wants to stay in power until 2020 he THINKS he is going to win the next general election in 2015, it is true he has not got two brain cells to rub together to cause a SPARK.

He is DELUDED after what his policies are doing to the working man/women or for that matter what about the people in the NHS and the public sector that he has sacked or the Police or Armed forces does he expect these people to vote for him he is barking up the wrong tree, is he really that stupid he is behind in the polls he must think taking working tax credits from the low paid is going to make them vote Tory lol! lol! and all the other NASTY policies that him and the yellow tories have brought in and the uni students will not vote Tory or L/D for all it was the L/Ds that promised not to charge for Uni but they also know that both Tory and L/Ds passed this policy.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:11 am

Redflag, David Cameron is not a moron. He is a well educated Tory who just happens to be right wing.

I would not be surprised if his party did win the next general on a mammoth victory, because I would never take the stupid British electorate for granted.

You only have to look at what the stupid Tory supports say on here.

The British stiff upper lip comes into play here, and continued British greed and stupidity.

I just wish Milliband would start putting Labour's manifesto before us all, it is this which will make the difference.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:44 pm

skwalker said: Indeed they did. It's one reason why I am no fan of New Labour, and campaign constantly for a wholehearted return to traditional Labour values.

Steve, Although I agree with most of what you have to say, I’m afraid I can not go along with you on this one. But there again I guess its all a matter perception. I do not believe that New Labour embraced Thatcher’s free market policies. to refer to allowing a free market to flourish, is sweet FA to do with Thatcher, its been hapening since time began.

What I believe Tony Blair did was to try to Govern for the Country as a whole. What is wrong with British politics (other than the politicians themselves) is that many if not most of the people want a political party that’s suits just them, i.e. Labour for the working classes and the Conservatives for the upper classes. What we need is a Government who will look after the interests of all, and this is what Tony Blair’s New Labour tried to do, with what was known as the Third Way. They helped business to prosper which got unemployment down which means more people paying taxes, more cash for hospitals and schools, minimum wage etc. Tony Blair’s New Labour promised to get rid of Boom and Bust, which was under any Conservative Government part and parcel of Tory Governance, and until the banking crisis, he achieved exactly that, they gave us ten unprecedented years of growth, and a stable economy which in my opinion is a pre requisite to a healthy Nation.

I am aware that the rich did get richer and the divide between rich and poor expanded, but I don’t see that as a major problem so long as those at the bottom are eased up beyond poverty levels, which in the main they where, The minimum wage and pensions went up year on year at least in line with inflation (I believe).

What has since happened under Herr Cameron is that the Conservatives onlybeing in it for themselves and those that directly benefit them, whereas unlike New Labour they are a party with allegiance only to their own and not Britain as a whole, where they are forcing down the ability to live a decent existence for the lower classes, whilst raising their own income to unprecedented high’s.

I honestly believe to call anything New Labour did as Thatcherite is a total misnomer, if that was truly the case New Labour wouldn’t have needed to make any changes in 1997, instead of fulfilling over 80% of their manifesto promises within the first Parliament after 18 years of Tory domination and cruelty.

Traditional Labour values where a part of New Labour but so was a need to join the 20th century, as good as the old guard Labour politicians where in their day, and I believed in almost all they stood for, we had to join the rest of the world in order to compete.

Unfortunately Thatcher with her necessary war on trades unions went too far where she allowed industry to fail in order to cripple the Trade Union Movement, and did the usual Tory thing of throwing the baby out with the bath water. The Unions where too powerful and thought they where the Governors and they came up against a bitch who cared nothing for those who ended up on the scrap heap so long as she won the war.

So yes for me Tony Blair’s third Way and New Labour was the way to go, as I think was proven by his achievements, and if it wasn’t for the Tory press lying about Brown being the architect of our Financial crash and the Iraq war, Labour would have won the 2010 General Election and we wouldn’t now be having this debate.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 pm

bobby wrote:skwalker said: Indeed they did. It's one reason why I am no fan of New Labour, and campaign constantly for a wholehearted return to traditional Labour values.

Steve, Although I agree with most of what you have to say, I’m afraid I can not go along with you on this one. But there again I guess its all a matter perception. I do not believe that New Labour embraced Thatcher’s free market policies. to refer to allowing a free market to flourish, is sweet FA to do with Thatcher, its been hapening since time began.

What I believe Tony Blair did was to try to Govern for the Country as a whole. What is wrong with British politics (other than the politicians themselves) is that many if not most of the people want a political party that’s suits just them, i.e. Labour for the working classes and the Conservatives for the upper classes. What we need is a Government who will look after the interests of all, and this is what Tony Blair’s New Labour tried to do, with what was known as the Third Way. They helped business to prosper which got unemployment down which means more people paying taxes, more cash for hospitals and schools, minimum wage etc. Tony Blair’s New Labour promised to get rid of Boom and Bust, which was under any Conservative Government part and parcel of Tory Governance, and until the banking crisis, he achieved exactly that, they gave us ten unprecedented years of growth, and a stable economy which in my opinion is a pre requisite to a healthy Nation.

I am aware that the rich did get richer and the divide between rich and poor expanded, but I don’t see that as a major problem so long as those at the bottom are eased up beyond poverty levels, which in the main they where, The minimum wage and pensions went up year on year at least in line with inflation (I believe).

What has since happened under Herr Cameron is that the Conservatives onlybeing in it for themselves and those that directly benefit them, whereas unlike New Labour they are a party with allegiance only to their own and not Britain as a whole, where they are forcing down the ability to live a decent existence for the lower classes, whilst raising their own income to unprecedented high’s.

I honestly believe to call anything New Labour did as Thatcherite is a total misnomer, if that was truly the case New Labour wouldn’t have needed to make any changes in 1997, instead of fulfilling over 80% of their manifesto promises within the first Parliament after 18 years of Tory domination and cruelty.

Traditional Labour values where a part of New Labour but so was a need to join the 20th century, as good as the old guard Labour politicians where in their day, and I believed in almost all they stood for, we had to join the rest of the world in order to compete.

Unfortunately Thatcher with her necessary war on trades unions went too far where she allowed industry to fail in order to cripple the Trade Union Movement, and did the usual Tory thing of throwing the baby out with the bath water. The Unions where too powerful and thought they where the Governors and they came up against a bitch who cared nothing for those who ended up on the scrap heap so long as she won the war.

So yes for me Tony Blair’s third Way and New Labour was the way to go, as I think was proven by his achievements, and if it wasn’t for the Tory press lying about Brown being the architect of our Financial crash and the Iraq war, Labour would have won the 2010 General Election and we wouldn’t now be having this debate.

""""I do not believe that New Labour embraced Thatcher’s free market policies""".

New Labour under Blair and Brown embraced Thatcher's privatisation, bank deregulation, and a dwindling State including the beginnings of welfare reform.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:

New Labour under Blair and Brown embraced Thatcher's privatisation, bank deregulation, and a dwindling State including the beginnings of welfare reform.

Thatcher legislation was carefully drafted so as to render any attempt at reversal impossibly expensive.
The bill for compensation alone would have bankrupted the Nation.

I thought most people knew that.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next