Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

+33
boatlady
Magpie's View
Tosh
KnarkyBadger
biglin
Bunnyrunner
Shirina
Red Cat Woman
Adele Carlyon
trevorw2539
ahddrv
Blamhappy
Mel
Scarecrow
AwfulTruth
LWS
Redflag
tlttf
atv
Stox 16
jackthelad
sickchip
witchfinder
astra
kentdougal
Ivan
keenobserver1
astradt1
Phil Hornby
bobby
Penderyn
oftenwrong
blueturando
37 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 9 Empty Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by blueturando Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Tonight’s YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 41%, LAB 39%, LDEM 10%, Others 10%. This is the first time that YouGov have shown a Conservative lead since December 2010. It certainly looks as though the Conservatives have recieved a boost from David Cameron’s veto at the European summit. There is also a new ComRes poll out tonight for the Independent which has topline figures of CON 38%(+1), LAB 38%(-1), LDEM 12%(+2) – also showing the two main parties effectively neck-and-neck. How is it that the tories can be level or ahead in the polls when they are having to make some very difficult and painfull decisions to try and bring down the deficit, the umemployment figures are the worst for 17 years. We have had strikes, pension reforms, VAT rises and the veto in Europe etc.......

It looks like Ed Millaband is not liked or trusted by many of the elecorate. In my opinion he looks weak, sounds weak and has no policies to speak of....Everytime he tries to get the better of Cameron in PMQ'S he ends looking like a fool with Cameron destroying him. Ed Balls is no better...he comes across as an odious man with no substance, who would probably stab his own wife in the back if it meant he gained more power.

Labour missed a trick in not voting in Eds brother David into the leadership role. David would have given Cameron a better run for his money and I believe he is a better politician than Ed too. With the two Eds at the helm I believe Labour are not a viable opposition right now and one or both could be dispatched by the party sooner rather than later

Last edited by Ivan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by atv Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 pm

oftenwrong wrote:"Wait until the Coalition have put the County on a strong footing again ...."

Oh, pur-leese! None of us will live long enough to see it. Maggy sold the family silver, and The Coalition is busy flogging whatever's left while it's still there.

And Brown sold the family gold, so whats new.

The Torys did it before, and I believe they will do it again, although it may take longer because of the mess Labour left the County in.

atv

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by Redflag Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:38 pm

atv wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:"Wait until the Coalition have put the County on a strong footing again ...."

Oh, pur-leese! None of us will live long enough to see it. Maggy sold the family silver, and The Coalition is busy flogging whatever's left while it's still there.

And Brown sold the family gold, so whats new.

The Torys did it before, and I believe they will do it again, although it may take longer because of the mess Labour left the County in.

Now do not be fair whatever you do, after all its not in your DNA to be fair but right wingers are just like this UNFAIR Gov't so that the low paid have paid for the bankers greed pig pig pig Thatcher sold what belonged to all in the UK and how much of that money did we see S.F.A. GAS, ELECTRIC. TELEPHONE, and BRITISH RAIL and now Landsley has sold 49% of the NHS which belongs to the ENTIRE UK so I hope they all SUFFER at all future ballot boxes and I know the people of the UK will not let us down.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 pm

The lies are coming thick and fast today:-
You could always encourage rioting and looting as you usually do when Labour are in opposition
Beneath contempt and unworthy of a reply.
The Torys did it before, and I believe they will do it again, although it may take longer because of the mess Labour left the County in..
Wow, two lies and two spelling mistakes in one sentence! Thatcher left this country with inflation as high - and unemployment far higher - than when she came to office. The "Labour caused the mess" lie really is getting stale now and to keep repeating it is surely a sign of desperation.

Getting back to the topic, Ed Miliband on borrowed time? 9-10% ahead of the Tories in the polls, so I don't think so.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:58 pm

atv, and what county would that be then? . The fact you have made the same error twice makes me wonder if you are simply being a wind up merchant.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 am

Mel wrote:atv "You could always encourage rioting and looting as you usually do when Labour are in opposition, but saying that it never worked in the past, but you can always keep trying."

That is how the Tory mind works of course.

This so called government deserve a complete walk out to bring the country to it's knees and their party along with it. Well worth the inconvienience.

Thats the best idea I have heard for ages Mel, and that it is one way of letting Blue boy and Yellow know that we mean business. study
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:37 pm

bobby wrote:atv, and what county would that be then? . The fact you have made the same error twice makes me wonder if you are simply being a wind up merchant.

Oh dear, I've made a spelling mistake, something Labourites never do.
Do I have to wear a blindfold before you shoot me?
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49 pm

THE hypocritical opportunism of Ed Miliband’s Labour is once again laid bare.
His party condemned Coalition defence cuts as “driven by budgets rather than strategy”.
But it turns out that weeks earlier he himself confided that Labour would have to slash defence even more if it regained power, thanks to the coffers being empty.
Under Miliband, Labour have proved devoid of ideas. They haven’t a clue how to clear up the mess they created in office. They merely howl in protest at every cut the Coalition makes or suggests.
This is opposition for the sake of opposition, driven not by beliefs but solely by a tribal desire to unseat the Tory enemy.
No one will take Miliband seriously until he stops jumping on any passing bandwagon — and advances some constructive, costed-out ideas of his own.
www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/.../The-Sun-says-Buns-blunder.html

IMO, Torys pray every night that the Labour party don't get rid of Miliband. As far as they're concerned he is doing a great for the coalition, so give credit where credit is due, Ed is the perfect opposition leader.

atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:02 pm

atv, I simply pointed out that you spelt what I thought should have been country, county, then did the same again in a different sentence, giving your statement a whole different meaning. This is very unusual for you, and my question was not of the spelling but of the word itself. So before you get all silly, and jump on your low horse, find out what is behind a posting, before making a pratt of yourself which of course you now have. I am the last one to critisize spelling as I make enough mistakes myself.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by ahddrv Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:13 pm

I really think we chose (at least I did) the right brother. Ed is different. He doesn't have immediate appeal as his brother obviously has. Superficially David would have been a better choice but in the long term Ed is the man. Ed has had some really bad press & that continues yet he carries on with his leadership with grace, passion & genuine anger at what coalition are inflicting on us. We can relate more to Ed than we can to Cameron who, to be honest, as a PR man can talk for hours without saying anything at all.
Ed is a dark horse. He's highly intelligent & knows that he mustn't affiliate himself too closely to unions but in reality supports them all the way. The bad press is rubbish and is a sign that the massive Tory machine are actually a bit scared of him.
ahddrv
ahddrv

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:18 pm

A warm welcome to ahddrv.

Isn't it pathetic? Can you imagine the comments if the Tories were 10% ahead in the polls and Labour supporters were trying to rubbish their leader?
No
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 am

It is always a matter of some amusement to see Tory Fans accusing anyone from the Labour Party as 'opportunists' or 'hypocrites' or for 'jumping on a bandwagon'. It is akin to the Yorkshire Ripper complaining that he is banged up with somebody who infringed the parking restrictions.. Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:19 am

Jim Murphy in a Guardian interview said that Labour would accept £5bn of the government's defence cuts.

In a press release which accuses Labour of "hypocrisy", the Tories accused the shadow defence secretary of identifying only £3.49bn in cuts. Were this to be true it would be a perfect line of attack for the Conservatives. If a party fails to make its numbers add up it has no credibility.

There was just one problem with the Tory press release. It was untrue.

Labour's defence savings
Reduction in heavy armoured platforms, £35m

Withdraw the three variants of the TriStar transport/tanker aircraft from service, £50m

Nimrod MR4, £2bn (over ten years – 2011/12-2021/22)

One Bay-class amphibious support ship, £25m

Non-frontline savings:

Rationalisation of the defence estate, £350m

Reduce media and communications, £65m

Reductions on commodity spend, £80m

Cuts to civilian allowances, £205m

Revision to Administrative Costs Regime, £800m

Sales of assets such as the Defence Support Group and the Marchwood Sea Mounting Centre and the Defence stake in the telecommunications spectrum, £500m

Other:

Submarine Enterprise Performance Programme (this makes efficiencies in the Trident renewal programme), £900m (over ten years – 2011/12-2021/22)

Total: £5.010bn (over ten years – 2011/12-2021/22)

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:31 am

The truth is a foreign land to the Conservatives. Furthermore it is a country to which they have never bothered to venture... Very Happy

Last edited by Phil Hornby on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:41 pm

It hasn't done them much good in the past week of Pasty-Gate, Granny Tax and Petrol Panic. Cameron is beginning to look fallible. Their litle legs are paddling furiously beneath the surface, to stay afloat.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:43 pm

bobby wrote:atv, I simply pointed out that you spelt what I thought should have been country, county, then did the same again in a different sentence, giving your statement a whole different meaning. This is very unusual for you, and my question was not of the spelling but of the word itself. So before you get all silly, and jump on your low horse, find out what is behind a posting, before making a pratt of yourself which of course you now have. I am the last one to critisize spelling as I make enough mistakes myself.

Ivan with respect,
I would have accepted your pointing out my spelling mistake and thought no more about it, but Oh no, I then get another post accusing me of being a wind-up merchant.
If I was to make an issue of a spelling mistake and accuse you or any Labour supporter, Would you not get on your "low" horse and make a pratt of yourself?

atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Their little legs are paddling furiously beneath the surface, to stay afloat..
Ah, didn't realise the Tories had entered the Boat Race this year. I bet they cheat, like they do at everything else.

If the Lib Dems take part, they'll probably sink without trace.
:affraid:
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Ivan wrote:
Ah, didn't realise the Tories had entered the Boat Race this year. I bet they cheat, like they do at everything else.

They will not have to worry about the L/Ds Ivan anything Davey boy tells Clegg to do its RUBBER STAMPED Immediately.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Ivan wrote:

Ah. So that's who the swimmer was that interrupted the Boat Race. The last Lib.Dem Smile

Last edited by Ivan on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Talking of "Boat Race" i'm getting extreemely cross at seing Camer-con's, every time I turn on the box. He looks more and more like Thatchers twin Sister. He must be her love child. Smile
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:53 pm

LOVE was a concept unbeknown to Thatch - ask Carole - her daughter!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Today's Boat Race may be an icon for the Corruption - No! No!, Sorry, - Coalition.

Tremendous effort to nobody's advantage.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:47 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Today's Boat Race may be an icon for the Corruption - No! No!, Sorry, - Coalition.

Tremendous effort to nobody's advantage.

I think the guy that done it has the courage of his convictions well done him cheers cheers cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ahddrv Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:45 am

Thanks for your lovely welcome Ivan.

To be honest, the man taking a swim today is the least of our worries & we should fret a bit more over none coverage by media of the NHS bill as it was hurtled through parliament. This is a scandal that Miliband left far too late although Andy Burnham has pledged he will repeal it. Cameron lied & manipulated his way into govt yet he accuses Ed of being in the pockets of the unions.
If Labour is to move forward & become strong enough we have to have faith in our leader. We mustn't fragment the opposition to Tories otherwise we'll have another 5 years of them & their damage to UK. Ed may have appeared weak at first but he was finding his feet. I think we have a man that can lead the party forward & defeat the Conservatives & those yellow things. At PMQ's Ed wins every time. We just have to believe in him more than we currently allow ourselves to because we are told by press that he's crap.
ahddrv
ahddrv

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:20 am

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time ?

Strange question when you consider that according to most opinion polls the Labour Party is 10 points ahead of the Conservatives, if this is a disaster for Ed Miliband then I would like to see what success looks like.

There is no room for complacency, anything could happen, but based upon how things are and what we know, this is what I believe is the most likely outcome over the next year or so.

The economy will show signs of improvement, and this will give great cause for much bleeting and shouting from the coalition, but the problem will be that the UK economy will continue to lag way behind our major competitors.
As unemployment in America continues to fall, and growth forges ahead, our chancellor can only look on with envy.

The other problem for George Osborne is the deficit, which he and the Conservatives promised would be repaired by the time of the next election.
The government now acknowledge that it is not possible to meet that election pledge, the cuts will continue on next year, the year after and until well after the next election.

The facts must be put to the British electorate, the only reason why Osborne is way off target with his crazy plan is because the plan was doomed to failure from the begining, the incompetence of the chancellor has, and will continue to cause much unecessary suffering.

But what I believe will be the final straw, the stick that finaly breaks the back of this government will be the NHS.

As time moves on, the private health providers and private companies will become more and more noticable and more apparent in our hospitals and GP surgeries and health centres, it will become clear what their number 1 motivation is........PROFIT.

It happened with NHS cleaning, and with all the utillities that were privatized, costs will be reduced in order to enhance returns, staff will go, services will be cut and centralized, many rural and community hospitals will be shut.

As for the Lib Dems, I predict they will find themselves on the same list as "Dodo" and "Mamoth".

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:25 am

Good posting ahddrv and witchfinder. Thank you.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:01 pm

As you say Mel, Two very good postings, and both so very true.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Lol....Even Labour supoporters know Ed will never be PM, keep dreaming Very Happy

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:26 pm

blueturando wrote:Lol....Even Labour supoporters know Ed will never be PM, keep dreaming Very Happy

Keep whistling in the dark.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:45 pm

blueturando wrote: Lol....Even Labour supoporters know Ed will never be PM, keep dreaming Very Happy

And where did you get that from, are are you just being a good little Tory, and making up as you go along.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:16 pm

"being a good little Tory"

There arn't any bobby. Smile
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:33 pm

atv. You keep countering with Tory blogg material coupled with----
"The Right Conservative News Sites | Right Side News - Politics and Economics"

Perhaps you can find a politically independant source which we would be inclined to accept rather than Tory rabble propaganda nonsense.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Mel wrote:atv. You keep countering with Tory blogg material coupled with----
"The Right Conservative News Sites | Right Side News - Politics and Economics"

Perhaps you can find a politically independant source which we would be inclined to accept rather than Tory rabble propaganda nonsense.

And maybe you can find another politically independant source source other than "The Guardian"
atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by atv Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:44 pm

bobby wrote:
blueturando wrote: Lol....Even Labour supoporters know Ed will never be PM, keep dreaming Very Happy

And where did you get that from, are are you just being a good little Tory, and making up as you go along.

Some apparently believe the party has no chance at the next Election and David Miliband could return as leader only after another candidate has tried and failed to regain power.
Of course it's not helped by 'unfortunate comments by people who profess their support for the leader they are busily undermining', ie Lord Glasman.

atv
atv

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 pm

YouGov/Sun – CON 32%, LAB 42%, LD 9% ( UK Polling Report )

Lol....Even Labour supoporters know Ed will never be PM, keep dreaming
( blueturando )

Sorry blue, but your assumption / opinion seems to defy all evidence and logic, perhaps we ought to enter into this debate again after the local elections in just over three weeks from now. ?
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:18 pm

witchfinder wrote:YouGov/Sun – CON 32%, LAB 42%, LD 9% ( UK Polling Report )

Lol....Even Labour supoporters know Ed will never be PM, keep dreaming
( blueturando )

Sorry blue, but your assumption / opinion seems to defy all evidence and logic, perhaps we ought to enter into this debate again after the local elections in just over three weeks from now. ?

Good idea WF after the local elections it will let us all see which way the votes are going so if the Tories & L/Ds get a right dubbing at the locals it will mean that this Incompetent Gov' is on its way out.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:52 pm

"....this Incompetent Gov' is on its way out."

Quite so, and there is the root of the trouble. They don't really expect to be re-elected to serve a second term, so every last breadcrumb of Tory Dogma is being forced down the Parliamentary throat while they can still do it.

Wee Georgie Osborne's latest wheeze is to deduct 20% income tax from Pensions before paying them.

Whatever Ivanhoe thought about his derisory pension before, it was 20% more than he will get in the future if the plan goes ahead.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:31 pm

oftenwrong wrote:"....this Incompetent Gov' is on its way out."

Quite so, and there is the root of the trouble. They don't really expect to be re-elected to serve a second term, so every last breadcrumb of Tory Dogma is being forced down the Parliamentary throat while they can still do it.

Wee Georgie Osborne's latest wheeze is to deduct 20% income tax from Pensions before paying them.

Whatever Ivanhoe thought about his derisory pension before, it was 20% more than he will get in the future if the plan goes ahead.

That is one of biggest mistakes of that budget because its effecting the grey die hard Tory voter, which Im glad its getting to the people that voted them in.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Shirley (er dunnit again!!) Surely, this will not affect pensioners under the tax threshold?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:09 pm

astra wrote:

Shirley (er dunnit again!!) Surely, this will not affect pensioners under the tax threshold?

Do not bank on it astra, if not this time they will be back soon so do not worry they will miss no one.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:10 pm

atv. "And maybe you can find another politically independant source source other than "The Guardian"

With respect atv all rather childish. Surprised

You do it atv. You are good at finding anything written by Tory alies, see what you can come up with delving for Labour achievements.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:14 pm

OW wrote-- "Quite so, and there is the root of the trouble. They don't really expect to be re-elected to serve a second term, so every last breadcrumb of Tory Dogma is being forced down the Parliamentary throat while they can still do it."

There has never been a more accurate anaylisis of this Tory led so called government.

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next