Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

+33
boatlady
Magpie's View
Tosh
KnarkyBadger
biglin
Bunnyrunner
Shirina
Red Cat Woman
Adele Carlyon
trevorw2539
ahddrv
Blamhappy
Mel
Scarecrow
AwfulTruth
LWS
Redflag
tlttf
atv
Stox 16
jackthelad
sickchip
witchfinder
astra
kentdougal
Ivan
keenobserver1
astradt1
Phil Hornby
bobby
Penderyn
oftenwrong
blueturando
37 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 12 Empty Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by blueturando Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Tonight’s YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 41%, LAB 39%, LDEM 10%, Others 10%. This is the first time that YouGov have shown a Conservative lead since December 2010. It certainly looks as though the Conservatives have recieved a boost from David Cameron’s veto at the European summit. There is also a new ComRes poll out tonight for the Independent which has topline figures of CON 38%(+1), LAB 38%(-1), LDEM 12%(+2) – also showing the two main parties effectively neck-and-neck. How is it that the tories can be level or ahead in the polls when they are having to make some very difficult and painfull decisions to try and bring down the deficit, the umemployment figures are the worst for 17 years. We have had strikes, pension reforms, VAT rises and the veto in Europe etc.......

It looks like Ed Millaband is not liked or trusted by many of the elecorate. In my opinion he looks weak, sounds weak and has no policies to speak of....Everytime he tries to get the better of Cameron in PMQ'S he ends looking like a fool with Cameron destroying him. Ed Balls is no better...he comes across as an odious man with no substance, who would probably stab his own wife in the back if it meant he gained more power.

Labour missed a trick in not voting in Eds brother David into the leadership role. David would have given Cameron a better run for his money and I believe he is a better politician than Ed too. With the two Eds at the helm I believe Labour are not a viable opposition right now and one or both could be dispatched by the party sooner rather than later

Last edited by Ivan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 12 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by AwfulTruth Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:06 am

Adele Carlyon wrote:That way they'll be coated from head to toe with the same shite that comes out of their gobs!!! Yay!!!! lol

This is such pleasing imagery, darling! geek

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 12 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by AwfulTruth Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:12 am

Phil Hornby wrote:Clearly, supper has concluded for some of our chums on the board..... Shocked

Phil, I feel the need to wrap you in cotton wool and put you into that wardrobe you spoke of. In a caring kind of way, Phil, I would give you sanctuary, as if like a Catholic priest during the days of persecution, I would stick you in a hole and protect you from the onslaught... :pirat:

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:31 pm

My old crewmate said to me that Obama doesn't need to campaign because the other candidates are so awful that just letting them speak is enough of a campaign to support Obama!

I'm starting to think the same of Miliband now - although it's frustrating at times that he doesn't make a bigger fuss of Cameron's foul-ups, I'm not sure that he really needs to.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Right on both counts. Why waste torpedoes on a ship that's visibly sinking?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Who to vote for?

OFTEN - you MUST stand for office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 12 14-59 VOTE FOR OFTENWRONG - Or we will disconnect your fridge or whatever!

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:05 pm

The pro-life pond scum will win it for Obama! Wink

And Ed doesn't really need to point out the blatantly obvious!
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Or we will disconnect your fridge or whatever!

NO NO!!!!!!!

NOT THE

VIBRATOR!!!!!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:11 pm

hahaha!!! God forbid! :affraid:
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:hahaha!!! God forbid! :affraid:

lol!

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Erm... bounce lol
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 pm

6.00 p.m. Tuesday 24 April 2012.

Interviewed following revelations during the Leveson Enquiry, Ed Milliband for the first time in two years looked like a future Prime Minister.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Yes, Oftenright, an astute observation.

'Barbary Ape' is a euphemism for the Cameron coterie...

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

A sensible question at the time it was asked, but what can no longer be concealed is that a divided Government is making things up as they go along, and is effectively reduced to fighting brush-fires at every corner.

The notion of "borrowed time" applies forcefully to the Tory-led Coalition now.

All that Eddie-baby needs to do is wait underneath with his killing-jar.

At last! It's the 1997 SHOW!!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:I think we should all chip a few quid in and hire the biggest muck spreader we can find and then give the pigs in troughs a bloody good splattering! Twisted Evil

There is no need for a muck spreader the front bench of this Gov't is very capable of spreading muck, or this is gross we all defecate save it up in tanks then take it and dump all over the Tories just like they have done to us over the last two years. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:08 pm

That sounds like a plan! Wink I'm in! lol
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 pm

A week from today there will be Local Elections.

Vote early and vote often.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm going to vote for Milliband and Cameron.

*ducks*
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Always get your ducks in a row before pulling the trigger.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:25 am

oftenwrong wrote:A week from today there will be Local Elections.

Vote early and vote often.

Multi-voting - bring it on! Wigs, make-up and false beards help of course!

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Dressing up as a vicar always helps...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Yes indeed, but now we see Cameron wearing the garb of the complete arsehole! sunny

What fun: Now that's what I call life imitating a fart!
clown

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Not widely appreciated is that one of the front-runners to replace Cameron in due course as Leader of the Tory Party would have been Mr. Hunt.

They're running out of smoothy-chops.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:04 pm

AwfulTruth wrote:Yes indeed, but now we see Cameron wearing the garb of the complete arsehole! sunny

What fun: Now that's what I call life imitating a fart!
clown

I thought it was the same garb as what he wore when going into No10, because things have not changed at all except we have a double dip recession and Inflation, he is more like a fart in a trance. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:54 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Not widely appreciated is that one of the front-runners to replace Cameron in due course as Leader of the Tory Party would have been Mr. Hunt.

They're running out of smoothy-chops.

I hear they might dig-up some had-it Tories clown and read out the Book of the Dead :affraid: in order to reanimate some old fossils :farao: - thinking in a practical kind of way! geek

Having said that, Tyrannosaurus Rex elephant would not be that different from a resurrected Hairy Snatcher, would it? scratch

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:54 pm

The Tysannasaurus Rex is actually dead, The Hairy Snatcher is merely almost dead.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:09 am

bobby wrote:The Tysannasaurus Rex is actually dead, The Hairy Snatcher is merely almost dead.

So it is true only the good die young, no wonder that old Witch is still living she must be rotten to the core.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 am

Hows Ed coming along, or is it time to rename the thread?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:10 am

He needs to do little very tittf as the Camer-con brigade are doing it all for him.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:13 am

There in lies the problem melly, rather than do little he has done nothing, other than promote Kenny boy in the London Mayoral race. Has he worked out yet that Britain includes more than the capital?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:18 am

Early days yet for Ed tlttf. As our learned friend Often Wrong has said several times "Ed is simply biding his time"

You may not have noticed (being too busy down at the boozer) Ed has grown in stature at the despatch box.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 am

Seasoned radio interviewers develop various strategies to deal with the Politician who only wants to talk about the shortcomings of "the other side".

See if you can spot them in action next time you tune in to the "Today" programme. It can be illuminating to observe how often the conversation swerves off-course and is expertly piloted back on track.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:31 am

A week is a very, very long time in politics and an awful lot of shit can pass under the bridge.

That reminds me that it would be nice to see Cameron do the right thing and wear something long and flowing - like the river Thames; dragging his lifeless corpse out of the waters would be hardly heartbreaking! Oh I am wicked! Twisted Evil

So there is hope for Ed.
sunny

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:52 am

It stretches the imagination to reconfigure David Cameron as Ophelia, but I'm willing to try.

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 12 300px-John_Everett_Millais_-_Ophelia_-_Google_Art_Project
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:33 pm

oftenwrong wrote:It stretches the imagination to reconfigure David Cameron as Ophelia, but I'm willing to try.

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 12 300px-John_Everett_Millais_-_Ophelia_-_Google_Art_Project

I remember seeing a memorable Hamlet at the theatre when suddenly, without a plan, the guy playing Hamlet, Stephen Dillane, took his clothes off and flashed his hamlet, much to the surprise of an audience packed with school children and OAPs; later in the play Ophelia went bananas and ended-up raving mad.

Life is full of surprises, Oftenright - love the pre-Raphaelite pic - lovely view of a cadaver just floating on by... :affraid:

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:21 pm

tlttf wrote:Hows Ed coming along, or is it time to rename the thread?

Have you not seen the U-Gov poll you should really read it and weep tittf. :affraid: :affraid:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:26 pm

"A week can be a long time in Politics."
H Wilson
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:38 pm

"I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians."
- Charles De Gaulle
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:21 am

AwfulTruth wrote:A week is a very, very long time in politics and an awful lot of shit can pass under the bridge.

That reminds me that it would be nice to see Cameron do the right thing and wear something long and flowing - like the river Thames; dragging his lifeless corpse out of the waters would be hardly heartbreaking! Oh I am wicked! Twisted Evil

So there is hope for Ed.
sunny

Or as i would say AT "Go walk into the Thames until your Hat Floats" how is that AT if you see a top hat floating in the Thames do not rescue it PLEASE.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am

I don't think AT will reply to you Red Flag. He's left the forum due to Polyglide's constant homophobic insults. He PM'ed me last night to say that he wasn't able to stick around.
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 am

Our benevolentPrime Minister, or should i have said malevolent Prime Minister, is losing his temper at the dispatch box a lot lately. When anyone loses their temper they end up losing the battle, and eventually the war. All the signs are there, they won't last much longer, the end of the coalition cannot come quick enough, the writing will be on the wall after the council elections. Certainly will cause the Lib/Dems to have a rethink, before the Lib/Dem's follow the dinasaur into extinction.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:38 pm

tlttf wrote:Hows Ed coming along, or is it time to rename the thread?

Ed is fine and Labour are looking good in the polls, by the way have you seen how low in the polls Scam..er..on and the Tory party are?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next