Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

+33
boatlady
Magpie's View
Tosh
KnarkyBadger
biglin
Bunnyrunner
Shirina
Red Cat Woman
Adele Carlyon
trevorw2539
ahddrv
Blamhappy
Mel
Scarecrow
AwfulTruth
LWS
Redflag
tlttf
atv
Stox 16
jackthelad
sickchip
witchfinder
astra
kentdougal
Ivan
keenobserver1
astradt1
Phil Hornby
bobby
Penderyn
oftenwrong
blueturando
37 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 16 Empty Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by blueturando Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Tonight’s YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 41%, LAB 39%, LDEM 10%, Others 10%. This is the first time that YouGov have shown a Conservative lead since December 2010. It certainly looks as though the Conservatives have recieved a boost from David Cameron’s veto at the European summit. There is also a new ComRes poll out tonight for the Independent which has topline figures of CON 38%(+1), LAB 38%(-1), LDEM 12%(+2) – also showing the two main parties effectively neck-and-neck. How is it that the tories can be level or ahead in the polls when they are having to make some very difficult and painfull decisions to try and bring down the deficit, the umemployment figures are the worst for 17 years. We have had strikes, pension reforms, VAT rises and the veto in Europe etc.......

It looks like Ed Millaband is not liked or trusted by many of the elecorate. In my opinion he looks weak, sounds weak and has no policies to speak of....Everytime he tries to get the better of Cameron in PMQ'S he ends looking like a fool with Cameron destroying him. Ed Balls is no better...he comes across as an odious man with no substance, who would probably stab his own wife in the back if it meant he gained more power.

Labour missed a trick in not voting in Eds brother David into the leadership role. David would have given Cameron a better run for his money and I believe he is a better politician than Ed too. With the two Eds at the helm I believe Labour are not a viable opposition right now and one or both could be dispatched by the party sooner rather than later

Last edited by Ivan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 16 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by Redflag Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:42 am

biglin wrote:Ed Miliband is a total wally (like Cameron and Clegg) but he's got enough sense to keep his gob shut and let things fall apart around him.

If he wins then he'll have to find some policies from somewhere because right now his only policy is 'the coalition isn't very nice boo hoo!'

Your post proves who the real WALLY is, the reason for wanting Ed Miliband to come out with policies is so the right wing can get there hands on them because they have never had a policy of there own since they came into power in 2010. cheers

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 16 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by bobby Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:25 am

Blueturando said:
The elder Miliband is said to view members of ‘Team Ed’ with disdain and has been known to ‘blank them’ in the corridors of Westminster. ‘He thinks we’re all useless,’ says one of Ed’s most senior advisers.
In July, David was invited to guest-edit the New Statesman, which backed his brother, not him, for the Labour leadership in 2010. Asked whether Ed would be contributing to his issue, David shrugged and said: ‘I’ll text the guy.’
Ed’s aides were alarmed to discover that, at first, David wanted Ed to contribute only a review of a children’s book or a short column on food, to be published at the back of the magazine. (In the end, when they protested, Ed was given a diary slot.)
‘When David does this stuff,’ grumbles an aide to Ed, ‘I’m not sure how he thinks he’s “helping” us.’
Towards the end of last year, David was overheard telling a member of his inner circle: ‘Ed will crash and burn.’
If David Milband did actually say what you are accusing him of (which I doubt), it seems to me we have got the right Miliband brother as Labour Party Leader
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Tales of disagreement within the family are mostly fabricated by hacks of the Tory Press, because there's no "story" in writing that everything's OK.
The Union Barons yearn for the good old days when half-a-million workers could be brought out on a show of hands, but the world has moved on since then.

Ed Miliband really has to do little apart from keeping his nose clean while discouraging Ed Balls from tearing the heads off Tories for amusement.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:37 am

oftenwrong wrote:Tales of disagreement within the family are mostly fabricated by hacks of the Tory Press, because there's no "story" in writing that everything's OK.
The Union Barons yearn for the good old days when half-a-million workers could be brought out on a show of hands, but the world has moved on since then.

Ed Miliband really has to do little apart from keeping his nose clean while discouraging Ed Balls from tearing the heads off Tories for amusement.

The right wing press are no better than the Murdoch press, I have watched the Labour conference Sunday& Monday and so far I have enjoyed what has been said, I'm looking forward to hear what Ed has to say today (Tuesday) and I do not think I or other Labour members have anything to worry about but the Tories will have because this conference will boost Ed profile with the people of the UK. As for amusing Ed Balls OW I could do that job all I would need is the freedom of the Tower of London and a couple of the dick heads from the Tory cabinet and Ed could pick who he wanted. lol! lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:20 am

Ed's rehearsed off-the-cuff speech.

Milliband simply seemed to be pandering to the semi-detached middle classes.

I'm afraid this still appears to be Tony Blair's New Labour party - despite their protests to the contrary.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:41 am

sickchip wrote:Ed's rehearsed off-the-cuff speech.

I'm afraid this still appears to be Tony Blair's New Labour party - despite their protests to the contrary.

Would we not be better to wait and see SC, because I know if he does not keep to his promises the Labour voters and members will kick up such a fuss he would not what had hit himi if he goes back on his word to make the UK a fairer place for all, not like this shower are doing looking after the top 10%.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Redflag wrote:

Would we not be better to wait and see SC, because I know if he does not keep to his promises the Labour voters and members will kick up such a fuss he would not what had hit himi if he goes back on his word to make the UK a fairer place for all, not like this shower are doing looking after the top 10%.

You may be right, Redflag. I'll be voting Labour anyhow - if only to get rid of this shower. I realise some of my own ideas are a little radical and that Labour need to appeal to the majority to win votes; but it's still frustrating to realise they will probably play it safe when in power and not drive through real changes that reduce inequalities, wage differentials, provide affordable social housing, etc to the degree required. Still - as I say they'll be a vast improvement on the completely out of touch tory brigade......who only seem to seek power in order to kick the poorest and least fortunate whilst further rewarding their own kind.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 am

sickchip wrote:
Redflag wrote:

You may be right, Redflag. I'll be voting Labour anyhow - if only to get rid of this shower. I realise some of my own ideas are a little radical and that Labour need to appeal to the majority to win votes; but it's still frustrating to realise they will probably play it safe when in power and not drive through real changes that reduce inequalities, wage differentials, provide affordable social housing, etc to the degree required. Still - as I say they'll be a vast improvement on the completely out of touch tory brigade......who only seem to seek power in order to kick the poorest and least fortunate whilst further rewarding their own kind.

I think we need to give Ed and the Labour party the benefit of the doubt until proven different, like yourself SC I will be voting Labour because I think we have got a better chance of equality for all with Labour and not a "Hope in Hell" from the nasty Tories.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Ed Miliband's address in Hyde Park to those taking part in the TUC-organised march in London today (20 October):-

"People have come here from all walks of life, from all parts of our country.

Young people looking for work, construction workers, nurses worried about the NHS and off duty police officers worried about cuts to frontline services. People from every corner of Britain.

So many people have the will to work, the ambition to work, but cannot find a job. They do not think that Britain owes them a living. They are not asking for the earth. They just have a simple request. They want a future that works for them.

And what did the government say? They told us austerity would help our economy grow. But our economy has not grown. It has flatlined.

They told us ‘we’re all in this together’. But now they are cutting taxes for millionaires, as they raise taxes on everybody else, including our pensioners.

They told us the gain would be worth the pain. But even after the cuts, the pain, the tax rises, borrowing is not falling – it’s rising. They are even failing the one test they set themselves.

And the reason they are failing is that they’ve got old answers. The old answers that just don’t work. They really believe that trickle-down economics and a sink or swim society is the way to get Britain working.

They really believe that everybody else has got too many rights at work and if we make it easier to fire them, our economy will succeed.

Of course, there will still be hard choices.

With borrowing rising not falling today, I have said that whoever was in government now would have to make some cuts.

I do not promise easy times. But I do promise a different and fairer approach.

This government has shown us self-defeating austerity, by cutting too far and too fast, is not the answer.

And let me tell you one cut I would never make: I would never cut taxes for millionaires while raising taxes for everybody else.

You don’t build a successful country with sink or swim.

You do it by building One Nation.

One Nation is a country where we give hope to our young people again.

One Nation is a country where those with the broadest shoulders always bear the greatest burden.

And One Nation is a country where we defend our great institutions, like our National Health Service.”
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KnarkyBadger Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Miliband was aweful at Hyde park today. Roundly boo'd. But I thought the whole thing lacked any real militancy and the turn out was a disgrace.
KnarkyBadger
KnarkyBadger

https://twitter.com/KnarkyBadger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:52 pm

KnarkyBadger wrote:Miliband was aweful at Hyde park today. Roundly boo'd. But I thought the whole thing lacked any real militancy and the turn out was a disgrace.

They had a bloody cheek booing Ed today, what do they want him to do "A Bloody Nick Clegg" promise the sun moon & stars sprinkled with sugar he can not and I myself would not want Ed to tell me any lies as I'm sick to the back teeth with the Tory LIARS.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:00 am

They had a bloody cheek booing Ed today, what do they want him to do "A Bloody Nick Clegg" promise the sun moon & stars sprinkled with sugar he can not and I myself would not want Ed to tell me any lies as I'm sick to the back teeth with the Tory LIARS

Redflag....I ask you, want do you want Ed Milliband to do?

You and most others here condem all cuts, so surely you want Ed to promise the earth or his policies will be just like the coalitions and he will have to make public sector spending cuts.

Maybe Ed is living in the real world and know what financial situation we are in, when most of you here are completely in denial?

It's a conundrum for you isn't it?

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:04 am

With borrowing rising not falling today, I have said that whoever was in government now would have to make some cuts.

I do not promise easy times. But I do promise a different and fairer approach.

Ivan.......So if Ed has to make spending cuts and you were an advisor to Milliband, what public sector cuts would you say are fairer?

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by KnarkyBadger Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:19 am

No need for any cuts bar trident and getting involved in america's oil wars. A fair tax regime is also needed. The rich pay their share, the current system is akin to that of the ancien regime of 18th century France. Higher rate tax rate of 60%+, capital gains at same rate of income tax to stop that fiddle. Corparation tax to enforced, not seen as negotiable.
KnarkyBadger
KnarkyBadger

https://twitter.com/KnarkyBadger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:02 am

blueturando wrote:
They had a bloody cheek booing Ed today, what do they want him to do "A Bloody Nick Clegg" promise the sun moon & stars sprinkled with sugar he can not and I myself would not want Ed to tell me any lies as I'm sick to the back teeth with the Tory LIARS

You and most others here condem all cuts, so surely you want Ed to promise the earth or his policies will be just like the coalitions and he will have to make public sector spending cuts.

Maybe Ed is living in the real world and know what financial situation we are in, when most of you here are completely in denial?

Blue stop treating us all as though we are EFFING STUPID we have enough of that from the Nasty Tory party, we all KNOW that the deficit has to be paid down all we are asking for is EQUALITY FOR ALL not just the chosen few like the posh boys on the front Tory benches. lol! lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Ed Miliband could do worse than set up a small Enquiry of his own into the reasons for the Tory volte face soon after the creation of the Coalition. There were so many pre-election promises broken. It's unrealistic to blame Clegg for the 180° turns over University Fees, NHS proposals and tax rates for the Toffs.

How much influence did US advisors of the Republican wing exert on the flexible Mr Cameron?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Bluey, The jeering we heard was in my 0pinion orchestrated by some dissatisfied Trades Unionists who expected Ed Miliband to be their tame little poodle, but have now come to the full realisation, he is very much his own man.
I must say what you said to Redflag was wrong, I don’t know of one Labour supporter who has said they don’t agree that cuts have to be made, we all know that they do.

The fundamental difference is as to the speed and severity of those cuts. As and example, we all know that the police quoted a 12% cut could be managed by efficiency cuts, and not reduce the coppers on the front line, yet your Herr David Cameron thought that to be a load of bollocks and cut the police budget by 20%, telling us the public, we wouldn’t lose one front line police officer, All of course a total Lie on Herr Cameron’s part.

Had Labour won the 2010 Election, the economic growth they got started after rapidly taking us out of recession and the lessening in unemployment would have continued and instead of stupidly promising to be rid of the deficit in 1 parliament, said they would half it in their first term, reducing the need for such drastic and unnecessary cuts.

From the base Gordon Brown and Alastair Darling left the economy the probability is that we wouldn’t now be in the double dip recession Ed Balls predicted when Gideon announced his ridiculous austerity measures, and any borrowing would have been aimed at growth, not to pay for the increase in welfare payments. What I find totally disgusting is the way Herr Cameron aided and abetted by his fellow Fascist Iain Dumkopf Schmidt, have created many thousands more unemployed and have put the final nails into the coffin of proper jobs, are now calling those unemployed benefit scroungers and cheats whilst they give their millionaire mate a great big Tax Reduction.

You are still expecting Ed Miliband to quote figures, but as he and every other Labour Shadow Minister has said, how can a figure regarding cuts or anything else be made when we have no idea of what mess we will be in after Herr Cameron and Gideon stop playing their game of Monopoly.

Blue, you both surprise and disappoint me. What I have just said has been said many times before either by supporters or Labour politicians themselves, so exactly what part or it don’t you comprehend, Or are you just being a naughty Boy.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:40 pm

bobby wrote:Bluey, The jeering we heard was in my 0pinion orchestrated by some dissatisfied Trades Unionists who expected Ed Miliband to be their tame little poodle, but have now come to the full realisation, he is very much his own man.
I must say what you said to Redflag was wrong, I don’t know of one Labour supporter who has said they don’t agree that cuts have to be made, we all know that they do.

The fundamental difference is as to the speed and severity of those cuts. As and example, we all know that the police quoted a 12% cut could be managed by efficiency cuts, and not reduce the coppers on the front line, yet your Herr David Cameron thought that to be a load of bollocks and cut the police budget by 20%, telling us the public, we wouldn’t lose one front line police officer, All of course a total Lie on Herr Cameron’s part.

Had Labour won the 2010 Election, the economic growth they got started after rapidly taking us out of recession and the lessening in unemployment would have continued and instead of stupidly promising to be rid of the deficit in 1 parliament, said they would half it in their first term, reducing the need for such drastic and unnecessary cuts.

From the base Gordon Brown and Alastair Darling left the economy the probability is that we wouldn’t now be in the double dip recession Ed Balls predicted when Gideon announced his ridiculous austerity measures, and any borrowing would have been aimed at growth, not to pay for the increase in welfare payments. What I find totally disgusting is the way Herr Cameron aided and abetted by his fellow Fascist Iain Dumkopf Schmidt, have created many thousands more unemployed and have put the final nails into the coffin of proper jobs, are now calling those unemployed benefit scroungers and cheats whilst they give their millionaire mate a great big Tax Reduction.

Thanks bobby but it is typical tory traits that blue has stated that all left wingers do not have any brains just like the shower of Incompetent tory gov't, Labour always said that they would cut the deficit over the period of two Parliaments but of course the Tories have been reading the Maggots papers from her time of bringing the UK to its knees. It was the same when the Maggot got rid of our manufacturing side ship building steel making and every other manufacturing was brought to its knees.

You are still expecting Ed Miliband to quote figures, but as he and every other Labour Shadow Minister has said, how can a figure regarding cuts or anything else be made when we have no idea of what mess we will be in after Herr Cameron and Gideon stop playing their game of Monopoly.

Blue, you both surprise and disappoint me. What I have just said has been said many times before either by supporters or Labour politicians themselves, so exactly what part or it don’t you comprehend, Or are you just being a naughty Boy.

As for giving there mates and tory donors a tax cut and just remember this covers all in high paid jobs and may I add very safe jobs of £150,000 and upwards, maybe we should ask blue how much that will cost us the taxpayers in lost tax revenue that might stop the other £10 Billion that Diddy Giddy wants to take out of the welfare budget.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 pm

A very very old saying covers the antics of this floundering Coalition Government ....

They've thrown the baby out with the bathwater.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:17 pm

No need for any cuts bar trident and getting involved in america's oil wars. A fair tax regime is also needed. The rich pay their share, the current system is akin to that of the ancien regime of 18th century France. Higher rate tax rate of 60%+, capital gains at same rate of income tax to stop that fiddle. Corparation tax to enforced, not seen as negotiable. .

Great!!!! This is an easy one. so why doesn't Ed come out with these policies? I am sure they would be very popular compared to 'We are going to have to make difficult and painfull decisions'

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:25 pm

Blue, you both surprise and disappoint me. What I have just said has been said many times before either by supporters or Labour politicians themselves, so exactly what part or it don’t you comprehend, Or are you just being a naughty Boy

Bobby....What I am trying to say is that the public sector and the unions do not and 'will' not accept cuts of any kind, so Ed is going to have to deal with the same issues as Cameron....as demostrated by the booing he received when he got to the podium.

Is there an alternative for the elecorate? If not then Labour may struggle to regain the voters they lost at the last GE

This is just an observation and I am not playing party politics, because I agree with all of you here that Osbourne is clueless!!

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 am

blueturando wrote:
Blue, you both surprise and disappoint me. What I have just said has been said many times before either by supporters or Labour politicians themselves, so exactly what part or it don’t you comprehend, Or are you just being a naughty Boy

Bobby....What I am trying to say is that the public sector and the unions do not and 'will' not accept cuts of any kind, so Ed is going to have to deal with the same issues as Cameron....as demostrated by the booing he received when he got to the podium.

Is there an alternative for the elecorate? If not then Labour may struggle to regain the voters they lost at the last GE

This is just an observation and I am not playing party politics, because I agree with all of you here that Osbourne is clueless!!

The booing that Ed got at the march on Saturday was from a very few of very P***ED off people, just wait until April 2013 and see how many people will boo Scam..er..on since I have my crystal ball handy it will be 90% of the UK population. So I hope your ready for your party to be known as "The One Term Firm".
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:52 am

Well it makes me smile. Very Happy

Ed Miliband’s £200,000-a-year lawyer wife paid by toxic waste barons to help them dump in Africa

Justine Thornton appeared in the Court of Appeal on behalf of polluters accused of illegally shipping 158 tons of hazardous waste to Nigeria
Just two weeks after her husband mounted an attack on capitalist ‘predators’

PUBLISHED: 23:28, 27 October 2012 | UPDATED: 23:29, 27 October 2012

He has been dubbed ‘Millionaire Miliband’ by Tory MPs, who accuse him of mounting attacks on David Cameron’s wealth from the comfort of his own £2 million London home.

Now new light has been shed on Ed Miliband’s finances after it emerged that his barrister wife Justine Thornton helped to fill the marital coffers with lucrative work representing both toxic waste exporters and travellers who set up an illegal camp.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224178/Ed-Miliband-s-200-000-year-lawyer-wife-paid-toxic-waste-barons-help-dump-Africa.html#ixzz2AacnHUUV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They really are all in it together Basketball

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:54 am

What I am trying to say is that the public sector and the unions do not and 'will' not accept cuts of any kind,

Labour politicians cannot implement policies that are in the national interest if it means cutting jobs in the public sector, unions are not interested in the national interest they are interested in their members interests.

There is an obvious conflict of interest involving the unions and Labour.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 pm

"Labour politicians cannot implement policies that are in the national interest if it means cutting jobs in the public sector, unions are not interested in the national interest they are interested in their members interests."

As a proportion of the general population, Trade Unionists are far more numerous in Scotland than they are in England. How does the above statement stand if the phrase Labour politicians is replaced by Scottish Nationalist politicians I wonder?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:11 pm

As a proportion of the general population, Trade Unionists are far more numerous in Scotland than they are in England. How does the above statement stand if the phrase Labour politicians is replaced by Scottish Nationalist politicians I wonder?.

Explain the relevance of the numbers of trade union members in Scotland to my position ?

I am against any trade union sponsoring or selecting any politician, there is an obvious conflict of interest.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:57 pm

blueturando wrote:

What they said they would do cut the deficit over TWO TERMS of Parliament, not as fast and as deep as this shower of dick heads are doing there would not be so many people out of work as there is hence more money coming into the treasury via tax and NI. Blue you tend to treat us all like idiots but we are not we do know the DEFICIT MUST be cut, but why should the normal working man/women be the PATSY, this problem was created by the B(W)ankers and they should be squeezed for this money until there peep squeaks because they are not paying they are still getting there huge salaries and even larger BONUSES.

Where OH where is the fairness in this effing gov't nowhere that I can see not unless you can see your precious gov't fairer side.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:13 pm

there would not be so many people out of work as there is hence more money coming into the treasury via tax and NI.

Labour were proposing to spread the unemployment over a greater period of time, there is no getting round the fact that cuts means job cuts.

Global stagnation will persist into the next decade, this being the case I see no need to cut as fast as the Tories are suggesting, there is plenty of time to streamline our economy to get it ready for the next growth bubble.

However our benefit system needed an overhaul so at least they got something right.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:30 am

Tosh wrote:
there would not be so many people out of work as there is hence more money coming into the treasury via tax and NI.

Labour were proposing to spread the unemployment over a greater period of time, there is no getting round the fact that cuts means job cuts.

Global stagnation will persist into the next decade, this being the case I see no need to cut as fast as the Tories are suggesting, there is plenty of time to streamline our economy to get it ready for the next growth bubble.

However our benefit system needed an overhaul so at least they got something right.

Do you have a brain or does the monkey do all your thinking for you ?? If the unemployment is spread over two terms of Parliament it would mean there would not be as many claiming unemployment benefit which it would save money for the treasury, and it would help stop so many WORKING FAMILIES from having to go to FOOD BANKS.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Red......But every cut the coalition proposes is met with howls of protest from Labour and posters on here, so where would 'you' make the cuts? Or don't you think we need to cut at all?

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Philip Hammond has just announced that £350 million is about to be squandered on "design work" for a replacement for Trident. No doubt whoever gets the contract will make a generous donation to the Tories.

Wasting money on nuclear weapons, which anyone would have to be insane to consider using, ought to be something that we can cut. It's certainly preferable to cutting benefits for disabled people.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 pm

There are many area that vital tax payer money is still being wasted Ivan and this is just one of them....The list is endless I fear

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Blue, it seems accepted that cuts will be made whether needed or not.

If the spending were a tree, where would a tree surgeon make the cuts, to preserve the life of the plant?

Yes diseased pieces would be removed, Yes annoying overgrowth would be removed, but MOST new growth would be left alone to grow for next season! NO?

The Bories are NOT cutting the old wood - rich - mansion tax etc, but ARE affecting the children of this country in such a way that they are perpetuating the very malaise that they declare they are so effectively going to erradicate!

Children are destined to live in poverty and the old have had their pensions ripped off in the biggest heist since the BCI collapse!

The tories are ripping out the tree's roots! We ALL know what happens next!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Too right! Along with all the other Party Leaders. The message from a jaundiced electorate in 2010 was a clear, "A plague on all your Houses".
Most youngsters don't even register to vote, because they think Parliament irrelevant to their concerns.

Blair knew that Michael Foot's Labour was in its death throes, and forced a new identity on it. Ed Milliband faces the identical choice: Proceed as before or sink beneath a sea of apathy.

Arise "the something which someone could be bothered to vote for" Party!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Do you have a brain or does the monkey do all your thinking for you ?? If the unemployment is spread over two terms of Parliament it would mean there would not be as many claiming unemployment benefit which it would save money for the treasury, and it would help stop so many WORKING FAMILIES from having to go to FOOD BANKS..

mmm, I was actually agreeing with Labours policy to spread the cuts over two terms due to the depth of the downturn, I can only assume you forgot my post before you replied to it. Would you consider yourself to be emotionally stable ?

One small point I dread to bring up, the numbers claiming unemployment would eventually be the same, its not as if Labour's policy would save any jobs in the long term.

You need to calm down dear, you don't half go off on one for no apparent reason.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Too right! Along with all the other Party Leaders. The message from a jaundiced electorate in 2010 was a clear, "A plague on all your Houses".
Most youngsters don't even register to vote, because they think Parliament irrelevant to their concerns.

Blair knew that Michael Foot's Labour was in its death throes, and forced a new identity on it. Ed Milliband faces the identical choice: Proceed as before or sink beneath a sea of apathy.

Arise "the something which someone could be bothered to vote for" Party!.

I couldn't agree with you more OW. This is the dilema....Each set of party supporters are pre-occupied with trying to make sure the opposition does not gain power that they fail to admit where their own partys and politicians are going wrong, to a point where they refuse to recognise what they see in front of their faces.

All of our senior politicians in the 3 main partys are self serving and only aim to appease those members of society that can directly benefit them....Anything else is political spin and lies.
Arguments between Tories and Labour supporters on here or anywhere else are irrelevant as beneath the surface neither give two sh*ts about the majority of people in this country.

So who will have the balls to make the break and represent 'us'?

Last edited by blueturando on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Hello Bluey, As a matter of interest, who from the choices we have at present, do you think has the majority of the populations interests at heart.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:19 am

From the choices we have at the moment.......NONE OF THEM.

Tories.....
Think they are the nations headmaster and are too stubborn and pig headed to change things that don't work. Most of the cabinet have little idea of what living in the real world entails

Labour....
Will mostly say what they think people want to hear, have lost their identity, there ideology and have filled most senior posts will wealthy 'Tory Lights'.

Lib Dems.....
The joke party who could always say what ever they wanted because even they didn'y think they would ever be in government and have to impliment any of those fantasy policies

UKIP....
A one policy party

Greens....
Another one policy party

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:01 am

blueturando wrote:From the choices we have at the moment.......NONE OF THEM.

Tories.....
Think they are the nations headmaster and are too stubborn and pig headed to change things that don't work. Most of the cabinet have little idea of what living in the real world entails

Labour....
Will mostly say what they think people want to hear, have lost their identity, there ideology and have filled most senior posts will wealthy 'Tory Lights'.

Lib Dems.....
The joke party who could always say what ever they wanted because even they didn'y think they would ever be in government and have to impliment any of those fantasy policies

UKIP....
A one policy party

Greens....
Another one policy party

After watching last nights channel 4s Dispatches on the NHS blue, I still believe in the Labour party to get us out of the MESS that this shower of dick heads have put us in, because just as you have said so honestly this lot to have a clue. By the way blue a good summary.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 16 A46BE5B5508247F78601A991FB3AC

Labour leader Ed Miliband wants to put the 'living wage' at the centre of his party's policy

Plans to deliver a "living wage" of at least £7.20 per hour for millions of people in the public and private sector are being put at the centre of Labour's bid to return to power, Ed Miliband has said.

The leader of the opposition said the wage - the minimum hourly rate needed for an acceptable standard of living - was a key plank of his "One Nation" vision to share prosperity.

As part of its policy review, Labour is looking at three ways of making the pay terms the new norm, including naming and shaming listed companies who do not pay the wage through corporate governance rules.

It is also considering introducing rules that will see Whitehall contracts awarded to firms who pay workers the living rage or above and giving Treasury-funded incentives to companies who introduce the wage structure.

In an interview with the Independent on Sunday, Mr Miliband said: "You go out, slog your guts out...you deserve a decent wage if the company can afford it.

"We've got a growth crisis in Britain but we've also got a living standards crisis, because the proceeds of economic growth are not being fairly distributed any more.

"This is the next step for One Nation, because One Nation is about everybody having a stake in society. It is about prosperity being fairly shared."

He added: "It is about giving people a proper stake in the future of the country."

The Institute for Fiscal Studies estimates that for every person moved on to the living wage, the Treasury would save around £1,000 from less spending on tax credits and from increased tax revenue.

A number of major firms already pay workers and contractors a living wage - which stands at £8.30 an hour in London - or higher. Barclays has paid the living wage in London since 2007, while 19 local authorities have been accredited as "living wage employers".

Assuming Ed Miliband is sereous about this, then as far as I am concerned he will be heading in the right direction. I fully expect we will hear things like “He will say anything to get into power” and that will be from those who voted Tory in May 2010, those that knew of the Tory history of lying and cheating, but still gave Herr Cameron the benefit of the doubt, which very soon after the election manifested itself with lie upon lie, the only time Herr Cameron didn’t lie was whilst filibustering instead of answering a straight question which was every Wednesday on PMQ‘s.

Ed Miliband seems to be a totally different sort of an animal in that I believe he genuinely feels for the plight of those without, not those with everything as does Herr Cameron.

After the Tory voters making that massive mistake back in May 2010 and inflicting this evil Coalition Government on us, surely we should all give Ed Miliband the benefit of the doubt and our vote in May 2015 or sooner. Tory voters where taken in by a pack of lies, yet as demonstrated by Blueturando in his last post will not give their support or vote to a man who is as genuine as a politician can get. They owe it too us to get rid of the bastard they put into Downing Street, but instead they continue to slate Labour. Perhaps this is what being a Tory is. No sense of fair play.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Most children have a strong sense of fair play. Disappointment almost always provokes them to say, "But that's not fair!" Eventually the corners get knocked off their expectations, and many become cynical adults.

Politics is expensive, and requires a level of financial injection generally affordable only by Big Business, so it may be unrealistic to expect any government that does not favour the wealthy.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next